The Education Forum

Teacher research recruit

Manu Alvarez

Hi,

My name is Manny, and I am an undergraduate student enrolled at Trinity University in San Antonio, Texas. I am a communications major and am currently enrolled in a class about virtual worlds and the people who play them. Our class has been playing Everquest 2 for the past three months, and we are all part of the guild The Vindicators on the Antonia Bayle server.

As part of our class, we are required to research a topic that interests us pertaining to virtual worlds. I am interested in the potential applications for virtual worlds to be used in high school subjects, such as physics, sociology, literature, and so on. I would appreciate it if any current educators would agree to discuss with me their thoughts and experiences with this subject.

Interviews can take place through the game, e-mail, or through an instant messaging program, whichever is most convenient. Of course, anonymity and confidentiality is guaranteed for all participants.

If you are interested in helping out, please email me at super_manu22@hotmail.com

Our whole class will share their topics and results at the end of the semester, and will be made available online to anyone interested.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to visit http://www.trinity.edu/adelwich/worlds/faq.html

Thank you in advance,

Manny

Edited by Manu Alvarez