The Education Forum

Dan E. Moldea

What do members think of Dan E. Moldea as an investigative journalist. He has an interesting background.

He was born in Akron, Ohio, on 27th February, 1950. He graduated from the University of Akron in 1973 before going onto post-graduate work in history at Kent State University.

A member of the Teamsters Local 24 in Akron and was the spokesman for the Independent Truckers Unity Coalition. Moldea worked as Deputy Director of the Portage County Community Action Council, a federally-funded anti-poverty agency. This was followed by posts at the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (1977) and ACTION/Peace Corps (1979-1980).

Books by Moldea include The Hoffa Wars (1978), The Hunting of Cain (1983), Dark Victory (1986), Interference (1989), The Killing of Robert F. Kennedy (1995), Evidence Dismissed (1997) and A Washington Tragedy (1998).

Moldea's work has appeared in the Los Angeles Times, the Washington Post, the Observer, the Boston Globe, the Atlanta Constitution, and the Nation. In addition, Moldea has done free-lance work with NBC Nightly News, National Public Radio, the Detroit Free Press, and syndicated columnist Jack Anderson. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moldea's problem is that, inspite of the eivdence, he thinks RFK was killed by LN Sirhan Sirhan.

He was once more enlightened, but .... who can say what casues journalists to go over to the dark side?

Moldea, in a book which concluded that Sirhan B. Sirhan acting alone killed RFK, accidentally offered a shooting scenario that demands nine shots, and thus two shooters!

http://www.jfklancer.com/hunt/moldeas.htm

That Moldea has refused to acknowledge his error or attempt to defend his faulty work tells us all we need to know. Instead, we get a hack like Ayton who defends Moldea blindly and badly, gets challenged, then scurries off into the shadows claiming victory as he goes.

John Hunt

What do members think of Dan E. Moldea as an investigative journalist. He has an interesting background.

Moldea, in a book which concluded that Sirhan B. Sirhan acting alone killed RFK, accidentally offered a shooting scenario that demands nine shots, and thus two shooters!

That Moldea has refused to acknowledge his error or attempt to defend his faulty work tells us all we need to know. Instead, we get a hack like Ayton who defends Moldea blindly and badly, gets challenged, then scurries off into the shadows claiming victory as he goes.

John Hunt

Interesting, John.

I have long believed nine shots were fired in Dealey Plaza, but not in Los Angeles in 1968.

Personally the most compelling evidence I have seen in the RFK murder is the tie

Bobby clutched in his hands. A prosecutor until the end, the former Attorney General literally

holds the "smoking gun" to the camera ........ If you are killed by close in pistol fire and have

someone's "still tied" niecktie in your hands ......... that necktie is that of your principal assailant,

right?

Shanet,

There is no evidence that Caesar’s tie was ever in RFK's hand. Caesar wore a clip on tie and was behind and to the right of RFK during the assassination. The tie could easily have come off when RFK fell backward against Caesar.

John Hunt

PS. My father worked in a hospital for 30 years and was required to wear a clip-on tie and prohibited from wearing a real tie. The reason?? In the event that a patient became unruly and attempted to grab someone by the tie, it would pop right off. Same thing goes for security guards and cops.

I am looking for the picture............

Is this the one you are thinking off??

John Hunt

I remember one photo where RFK clutches the tie,

but I may be mistaken

Thanks ......... and lets get back to DAN MOLDEA ............

I have invited Dan E. Moldea to join the discussions on the Forum. However, he says he is too busy at the moment. I will try again later.

Two important writers have agreed to join: Nick Cullather (Secret History: The CIA's Classified Account of Its Operations in Guatemala) and Joel Bainerman (The Crimes of a President). I am also trying to get Bradley Ayres and Gary Cornwell to join. Unfortunately, Gary has changed his email address. Does anyone know what his current email address is?

"There is no evidence that Caesar’s tie was ever in RFK's hand. Caesar wore a clip on tie and was behind and to the right of RFK during the assassination. The tie could easily have come off when RFK fell backward against Caesar."

"John Hunt"

"PS. My father worked in a hospital for 30 years and was required to wear a clip-on tie and prohibited from wearing a real tie. The reason?? In the event that a patient became unruly and attempted to grab someone by the tie, it would pop right off. Same thing goes for security guards and cops."

This is SOP for the very reason John mentions---an actual tie is a danger to a man when dealing with unruly patients, arrested and convicted offenders etc because it becomes a noose in bad situations. I served as a correctional officer for 7 years in the 90s.

It still looks like Bobby yanked the tie off of Caesar,

doesn't it, while he was being killed by an individual or individuals very near to him ?????

Nobody I know can say with absolute certainty what happened to the four stray bullets at the crime scene of Senator Kennedy's murder: 1) the bullet that passed through Kennedy's jacket without striking him, 2) the through-and-through bullet that exited from his chest, 3) the bullet that struck the ceiling and exited through one of the ceiling tiles, and 4) the bullet that was supposedly lost in the ceiling interspace.

In its official inventory of the bullets fired by Sirhan, the LAPD claimed that Paul Schrade was wounded by the bullet that went harmlessly through the shoulder pad of Senator Kennedy's suit coat. Some people clearly believes the LAPD's flawed and widely-discredited bullet count. I do not.

Instead, I believe that the shoulder-pad bullet probably struck one of the other four shooting victims - someone other than Schrade. So, regardless of how much some critics try to twist and torture the crime-scene evidence, my explanation does not add a single bullet to the final bullet count.

In short, I stand by what I have written, especially my conclusion that Paul Schrade was hit by the first shot--which is completely consistent with the fact that Sirhan's eight-shot revolver could not fire more than eight bullets. Once again, the simple truth is that Sirhan murdered Senator Kennedy, and he acted alone.

Guest Stephen Turner

Dan, welcome to the Forum.

In "The killing of Robet F Kennedy" you write.

Quote on " If Sirhan could not achieve the American dream, as well as a level of public appreciation and respect, murdering this popular symbol provided the means by which he could achieve, at the very least, a level of notoriety." Quote off.

I personally find this tired old excuse an insult to our collective intellegence, its the same bunch of week old balony the W/C wheeled out to tar Oswald with, and with the same result, a person who kills for infamy, but then denies doing it, and keeps on denying it..Im just a patsy..Dont you find the disturbing similarities between Owald, and Sirhan problematic, has anyone else to your knowledge ever commited such an extreme political act, for such a paltry personal reason. (Hinkley is a given) I look foward to your reply. Steve.