The Education Forum

From the Lancer Newsletter

"Benson’s first solo exhibition in Scotland, which will be displayed at the National Portrait Gallery before transferring to the Smithsonian Institute in the United States later this year, includes images of [Robert] Kennedy as he slumped to the ground, the senator’s wife Ethel screaming and the shocked crowd watching the assassination unfold."

A photo of RFK "as he slumped"?? That's news to me.

John Hunt

"Benson’s first solo exhibition in Scotland, which will be displayed at the National Portrait Gallery before transferring to the Smithsonian Institute in the United States later this year, includes images of [Robert] Kennedy as he slumped to the ground, the senator’s wife Ethel screaming and the shocked crowd watching the assassination unfold."

John Hunt

I was also intrigued by this when I read it. This might warrant a day trip to Scotland to see what all the fuss is about, I might try to get a copy or a print of the photo. I'm sure some of the UK based members would be interested in seeing it.

John Geraghty

John Hunt

I was also intrigued by this when I read it. This might warrant a day trip to Scotland to see what all the fuss is about, I might try to get a copy or a print of the photo. I'm sure some of the UK based members would be interested in seeing it.

John Geraghty

If you make it there, I would be most interested in a description of the RFK "slumping" photo.

John Hunt

But 6 pounds sounds like it might be somewhat steep

Indeed it does, if I had a trust fund I would be dipping into it.

I will attempt to contact the photographer and make an attempt to get an early release of the photo, extremely unlikely but worth a go.

John

Mr.Benson appears to be quite interested in the Kennedys, having snaped them on several occasions.

http://harrybenson.com/Images/covers/life/jfkjr.jpg

http://harrybenson.com

John