The Education Forum

Backyard Photographs

3 hours ago, John Butler said:

Ray,

Can you count?  This is a question you can answer for yourself.  Remember, Officer J. W. Foster is standing with the railroad workers.  So, you will have to deduct one from your count of railroad workers.

Here is a copy of Altgens 7. I  would be interested to see how many railroad workers you see on the overpass.

Altgens_7.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ray,

None in this crop of Altgens 7.  You need to show the whole photo not just a crop of the picture.  Comment deleted.

Once again thanks Michael.

Edited by John Butler

For once you are correct. The copy of Altgens 7 I have on my computer is cropped which I failed to realise. My mistake. 

However you are still wrong with your shadow arguments. The shadows do not go three ways in the backyard photos. I do agree however that there is discrepancy in the three different shadows in all three of them. That is not my argument and  that is why I have always considered the photos to be fake.

The only shadow which I consider to be wrong in them is the shadow of Oswald, which appears to go different ways in each photo.  I consider all the other photos kosher.

Edited by Ray Mitcham

2 minutes ago, John Butler said:

Ray,

None in this crop of Altgens 7.  You need to show the whole photo not just a crop of the picture.  If this is what you call research then you truly need to seek help.

John, questioning the mental stability or capabilities of other members is against forum rules. You have violated this rule multiple times in this thread.

The ghost image or cutout for an insert may not be the best photo to use to illustrate anything about the BYP's.  As I understand this image was done by a Dallas policemen some time, years, after the BYP's.  His explanation was he wanted to see if he could do something similar.   If you look at the bush in the photo and compare it to the other BYP's you will see that it has grown larger by perhaps two years.

The ghost image photo is a good way to explain how the BYP's were made.  Make a cutout of what you want to insert and then cutout that section that matches what you want to insert.  I don't know whether that's possible not being a 60's photo editor but, It sounds reasonable.

Thanks Michael,

I will immediately edit that post.  I certainly don't want to be one who violates rules.  All I can say as an apologia is to say this kind of thing has happened to me in the past and even continues today.  Someone asked me recently if I was drunk.  I told him I wished I was.

Edited by John Butler

David Josephs asked:

“Can anyone explain the ghost image insert and why the background of all the byps are skewed? It should be a perfect match”

9B252B98-AAD3-4FE7-83D9-6493FCF3511C.thu

This sounds interesting, David, and I’d like to consider and maybe respond to your question but I’m confused (I'm 75 this year, and not getting any smarter). Could you please describe more thoroughly the problem as you see it, and your questions about it? Use lots of words if need be.

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

Poles2_zpsiadtbqnb.jpg

Ray Mitcham wrote:

“Tom, unfortunately you, like David and Butler, are wrong, See the above photo, I posted in reply to Michael. The sun wasn't low in the sky. it was produced early afternoon at a similar time that the BYPs were supposedly taken.”

Yes, in the photo above we have two shadows that appear to be converging, and as Michael and David have pointed out, “appear” is the key word. If extended, the two shadows would appear to converge at the horizon, but If the terrain is flat and the sun is the light source, one could extend the shadows into the distance and they would remain (for all practical purposes) the same distance apart. 

This is easy to understand but harder to talk about - I think we all understand. 

And then Ray wrote this:

“The only shadow which I consider to be wrong in them is the shadow of Oswald, which appears to go different ways in each photo.  I consider all the other photos kosher.”

Well, David Josephs’ point was that in CE 133A the post shadow and the Oswald figure’s shadow, if extended a couple of feet, would meet, would fully converge, would become one at about the fence line. A seeming impossibility if the sun was the light source. 

However, as I pointed out earlier, there’s a wrinkle. The Lee Oswald figure is not standing upright. He is swaying to his right (our left) several degrees. 

Poles2_zpsiadtbqnb.jpg

Ray, in your photo above, if you tilted the right pole to the left about 6 degrees, one could extend the shadows and they would in fact meet, they would in reality converge, and they would do so rather quickly. 

That may be, at least partially, what’s happening here in CE 133A. I’ve removed the 12 degrees of keystone error and straightened the photo. 

Untitled.jpg

If we could re-shoot this picture at the same date and time in the Oswald back yard, with the Oswald figure teetering several degrees to his right (our left), the post shadow and the Oswald figure shadow would “actually” converge, and do so rather quickly. 

I am, however, totally open to the notion that the Oswald figure’s shadow is bogus, and that Oswald’s head was pasted on someone else’s body. I believe that Oswald was instructed by his handlers to have his picture taken with his guns. I believe that Oswald knew he was being set up and he and a few associates created the Backyard Photos as a large and complicated but solvable puzzle.

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

7 minutes ago, Tom Hume said:

Poles2_zpsiadtbqnb.jpg

Ray Mitcham wrote:

“Tom, unfortunately you, like David and Butler, are wrong, See the above photo, I posted in reply to Michael. The sun wasn't low in the sky. it was produced early afternoon at a similar time that the BYPs were supposedly taken.”

Yes, in the photo above we have two shadows that appear to be converging, and as Michael and David have pointed out, “appear” is the key word. If extended, the two shadows would appear to converge at the horizon, but If the terrain is flat and the sun is the light source, one could extend the shadows into the distance and they would remain (for all practical purposes) the same distance apart. 

This is easy to understand but harder to talk about - I think we all understand. 

And then Ray wrote this:

“The only shadow which I consider to be wrong in them is the shadow of Oswald, which appears to go different ways in each photo.  I consider all the other photos kosher.”

Well, David Josephs’ point was that in CE 133A the post shadow and the Oswald figure’s shadow, if extended a couple of feet, would meet, would fully converge, would become one at about the fence line. A seeming impossibility if the sun was the light source. 

However, as I pointed out earlier, there’s a wrinkle. The Lee Oswald figure is not standing upright. He is swaying to his right (our left) several degrees. 

Poles2_zpsiadtbqnb.jpg

Ray, in your photo above, if you tilted the right pole to the left about 6 degrees, one could extend the shadows and they would in fact meet, they would in reality converge, and they would do so rather quickly. 

That may be what’s happening here in CE 133A. I’ve removed the 12 degrees of keystone error and straightened the photo. 

Untitled.jpg

If we could re-shoot this picture at the same date and time in the Oswald back yard, with the Oswald figure teetering several degrees to his right (our left), the post shadow and the Oswald figure shadow would “actually” converge, and do so rather quickly. 

I am, however, totally open to the notion that the Oswald figure’s shadow is bogus, and that Oswald’s head was pasted on someone else’s body. I believe that Oswald was instructed by his handlers to have his picture taken with his guns. I believe that Oswald knew he was being set up and he and a few associates created the Backyard Photos as a large and complicated but solvable puzzle.

Tom

Tom, you say "Ray, in your photo above, if you tilted the right pole to the left about 6 degrees, one could extend the shadows and they would in fact meet, they would in reality converge, and they would do so rather quickly. " Of course they would, but then the poles  wouldn't both be vertical and parallel, which is what we are talking about. The shadows of the poles in my yard, obviously  only appear to be converging, due to perspective. This is normal physics, which some of our posters do not appear to understand.

"If we could re-shoot this picture at the same date and time in the Oswald back yard, with the Oswald figure teetering several degrees to his right (our left), the post shadow and the Oswald figure shadow would “actually” converge, and do so rather quickly. " You don't have to reshoot the photo as the shadows already appear to be converging very quickly, if you compare Oswald's shadow with the correct shadow of the stairpost. In fact the shadows of both would seem to meet at some point just behind the picket fence, which is why I think the photos are bogus.

Edited by Ray Mitcham

Yesterday John Butler wrote:

“Sorry, I can't post a BYP with arrows showing the shadow directions.  Were only allowed a 1000 MB and the.gif I posted takes up most of that.”

What you need to do, John, is store your photos at a photo hosting website. Many of us used to use Photobucket but they now charge big bucks if you want to post your archived pictures to, say, a forum like this one. This is called "Third-party posting".

But there are plenty of photo hosting websites that offer free third-party posting - I use postimage (easy to set up, simple to use, and free):

https://postimages.org

Park your pictures at one of these sites, and each photo will have a direct link associated with it that you can post. Once you copy the link to your post at EF you can see the picture immediately.

Edited by Tom Hume

20 hours ago, Tom Hume said:

Okay Ray and Chris, you’ve convinced me. I forgot that the Oswald figure was about to fall over. Below is CE 133A with the 12 degrees of keystone removed, and the photo properly straightened:

Untitled.jpg

If we could now get the Oswald figure to loose the Tower of Pisa lean, his shadow would be much more congruent with that of the post. 

Below is a screenshot from the “Wrong Way Shadows” video posted by Ed LeDoux earlier on this thread. The Oswald model is standing erect, and one can now more accurately compare the two shadows under discussion.

screenshot_of_3_D_model_BYP.jpg

Tom

Tom, how do you determine how much keystone there is and did you use a program or tilt the image? 

CE-133-all-1_10.jpg

CE133A                                                                          CE133B                                                                 133C

Hi Chris,

Of the three Backyard Photos, only CE 133A and 133C display the keystone effect, CE 133B does not. Since the camera used appears to have been held about waist high, there should theoretically have been almost no keystone effect whatsoever, since the tallest structure we can see is only about 9 feet tall. However, the keystone we see in the two BYPs is backwards. In principle, the taller the structure, the more pronounced the keystone will be, and the parallel lines of a building will always converge toward the top (if one is shooting from below). Not so in the Backyard Photos, the parallel lines diverge toward the top! 

As I indicated earlier, I think the Backyard Photos are a complicated puzzle (part of a larger puzzle system) created by Oswald and his crew, and one of the clues to this particular puzzle appears to indicate that there are 12 degrees of keystone built into some of the photos and that this keystone should be removed as part of the puzzle’s solution. I’ll briefly talk about this in a moment. 

My first attempt at removing the keystone involved Affinity, Apple’s answer to Photoshop. I didn’t like this because of the possibility of introducing error.

Jack White thought that the keystone was intentionally created in the darkroom by tilting the easel. I think so too, and I removed the keystone using pretty much the same method. 

Individually, I put CE 133A and 133C on my 27 inch iMac monitor tilted at exactly 12 degrees. From the same height as the center of the photo, I took photographs from across the room of CE 133A and 133C.  

Here they are after straitening:

P1000107.jpgP1000105.jpg

The explanation for where the 12 degree clue came from will have to be brief and I can’t prove or even argue any of this. This is a hypothesis and a work in progress.

Here we go:

There were four sets of 3D photos created by Lee Oswald and his crew, two sets of Backyard 3D Photos (four pictures in all), one set of Mexico City 3D visa application photos (2 pictures in all), and one set of DD Form 1173 3D photos (2 pictures in all). 8 pictures, 4 sets.

There are only three sets of 3D photos extant, because the 3D mate to CE133B went missing. All three sets of 3D photos can be seen in the work-in-progress first post at the link below:
http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/20276-the-oswald-code/

Lee Oswald and his crew were tangled up in the assassination and were trying to prevent it. Apparently five members in all, three of these were low-level spooks - Richard Case Nagell (Leader and chief puzzle maker), Igor Vladimirs Vaganov (puzzle maker and primary Oswald double), and Lee Harvey Oswald (Patsy with eyes wide open).  

Lee Oswald’s “HISTORIC DIARY” anagrams to “RICHARD’S ’88’ TOY”. 

(A=0)(B=1)(C=2)(D=3)(E=4)(F=5)(G=6)(H=7)(I=8)(J=9)(K=10)(L=11)(M=12)(N=13)(O=14)(P=15)(Q=16)(R=17)(S=18)(T=19)(U=20)(V=21)(W=22)(X=23)(Y=24)(Z=25) 

There are “88” puzzles in the Historic Diary, and the complete list can be found in my June 25, 2014 post at the link below:

As you can see from the Number/Letter key above, if one wanted to change the expression “3D” into numbers, it would be “33”. Since Oswald and his crew were making anagram puzzles that also made heavy use of this key, one might expect Historic Diary puzzle number “33” to yield some “3D” information in anagram form. 

This is in fact one of the major uses for the Historic Diary.

If you check the list you’ll find that puzzle number “33” is:

“THEY MAKE NOTES”

Anagramming puzzle #33 above can yield at least two puzzle instructions:

(1) “THE KEYSTONE, A 12”

and,

(2) “KEYSTONE THEM ‘0’”

Following instructions, I’m going to remove the 12 degrees of keystone.

There are other much more complicated instructions that indicate the puzzle solver should rotate the 3D photos 88 degrees to be viewed properly. 

Like I said, if you want to experience the 3D Oswald photos, take a look at my work in progress here:

3D Lee Harvey Oswalds - a metaphor

Oswald was likely being impersonated because of instructions given by those framing him (Banister/Ferrie/Phillips/Hoover/etc.), but Oswald and his crew turned those impersonation assignments into full-blown Theatre of the Absurd. Maybe they thought that all of this could be used later to their advantage. Or maybe they thought their stunts would eventually be noticed by someone like us. 

I think that a good deal of what confounds and baffles us (and what has held the interest of some of us all these years) are all the enigmatic stunts pulled by the “ICO” crew (“ICO” stands for “Igor”, “Case”, and, “Oswald”)

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

3 hours ago, Tom Hume said:

CE-133-all-1_10.jpg

CE133A                                                                          CE133B                                                                 133C

Hi Chris,

Of the three Backyard Photos, only CE 133A and 133C display the keystone effect, CE 133B does not. Since the camera used appears to have been held about waist high, there should theoretically have been almost no keystone effect whatsoever, since the tallest structure we can see is only about 9 feet tall. However, the keystone we see in the two BYPs is backwards. In principle, the taller the structure, the more pronounced the keystone will be, and the parallel lines of a building will always converge toward the top (if one is shooting from below). Not so in the Backyard Photos, the parallel lines diverge toward the top! 

As I indicated earlier, I think the Backyard Photos are a complicated puzzle (part of a larger puzzle system) created by Oswald and his crew, and one of the clues to this particular puzzle appears to indicate that there are 12 degrees of keystone built into some of the photos and that this keystone should be removed as part of the puzzle’s solution. I’ll briefly talk about this in a moment. 

My first attempt at removing the keystone involved Affinity, Apple’s answer to Photoshop. I didn’t like this because of the possibility of introducing error.

Jack White thought that the keystone was intentionally created in the darkroom by tilting the easel. I think so too, and I removed the keystone using pretty much the same method. 

Individually, I put CE 133A and 133C on my 27 inch iMac monitor tilted at exactly 12 degrees. From the same height as the center of the photo, I took photographs from across the room of CE 133A and 133C.  

Here they are after straitening:

P1000107.jpgP1000105.jpg

The explanation for where the 12 degree clue came from will have to be brief and I can’t prove or even argue any of this. This is a hypothesis and a work in progress.

Here we go:

There were four sets of 3D photos created by Lee Oswald and his crew, two sets of Backyard 3D Photos (four pictures in all), one set of Mexico City 3D visa application photos (2 pictures in all), and one set of DD Form 1173 3D photos (2 pictures in all). 8 pictures, 4 sets.

There are only three sets of 3D photos extant, because the 3D mate to CE133B went missing. All three sets of 3D photos can be seen in the work-in-progress first post at the link below:

Lee Oswald and his crew were tangled up in the assassination and were trying to prevent it. Apparently five members in all, three of these were low-level spooks - Richard Case Nagell (Leader and chief puzzle maker), Igor Vladimirs Vaganov (puzzle maker and primary Oswald double), and Lee Harvey Oswald (Patsy with eyes wide open).  

Lee Oswald’s “HISTORIC DIARY” anagrams to “RICHARD’S ’88’ TOY”. 

(A=0)(B=1)(C=2)(D=3)(E=4)(F=5)(G=6)(H=7)(I=8)(J=9)(K=10)(L=11)(M=12)(N=13)(O=14)(P=15)(Q=16)(R=17)(S=18)(T=19)(U=20)(V=21)(W=22)(X=23)(Y=24)(Z=25) 

There are “88” puzzles in the Historic Diary, and the complete list can be found in my June 25, 2014 post at the link below:

As you can see from the Number/Letter key above, if one wanted to change the expression “3D” into numbers, it would be “33”. Since Oswald and his crew were making anagram puzzles that also made heavy use of this key, one might expect Historic Diary puzzle number “33” to yield some “3D” information in anagram form. 

This is in fact one of the major uses for the Historic Diary.

If you check the list you’ll find that puzzle number “33” is:

“THEY MAKE NOTES”

Anagramming puzzle #33 above can yield at least two puzzle instructions:

(1) “THE KEYSTONE, A 12”

and,

(2) “KEYSTONE THEM ‘0’”

Following instructions, I’m going to remove the 12 degrees of keystone.

There are other much more complicated instructions that indicate the puzzle solver should rotate the 3D photos 88 degrees to be viewed properly. 

Like I said, if you want to experience the 3D Oswald photos, take a look at my work in progress here:

3D Lee Harvey Oswalds - a metaphor

Oswald was likely being impersonated because of instructions given by those framing him (Banister/Ferrie/Phillips/Hoover/etc.), but Oswald and his crew turned those impersonation assignments into full-blown Theatre of the Absurd. Maybe they thought that all of this could be used later to their advantage. Or maybe they thought their stunts would eventually be noticed by someone like us. 

I think that a good deal of what confounds and baffles us (and what has held the interest of some of us all these years) are all the enigmatic stunts pulled by the “ICO” crew (“ICO” stands for “Igor”, “Case”, and, “Oswald”)

Tom

Tom I am looking over your work in progress. It is gonna take some time to digest it. One thing about Oswald's lean is I have seen no one duplicate it. I have been trying to determine the angle of his hips and they are almost straight forward, maybe 8 degrees of angle. If a person is aloud to angle their right hip back 30 to 40 degrees and turn the right foot out way past Oswald's, it really blows the test. When a person can turn the right leg and hip way out it allows them to rock up onto the right knee and lean over that locked right knee. This allows them to lean 3 to 4 degrees more. If they turn way out and can also hyper extend the femur they gain more degrees of lean. So it is crucial that the position of Oswald's right foot and hips is maintained. 
 I find that if you keep the foot and hips correct the posture becomes impossible. If you just try to line up your right foot under the right knee and belly button while maintaining hip and foot angles it is a fail. You can even cheat a bit go one inch right of the belly button and turn the hips back up to 20 degrees, but I think you will find you are still several degrees short of the goal when you fall over.