The Education Forum

Backyard Photographs

19 minutes ago, John Butler said:

Ray,

They can be both.  The shadows under the steps are natural and caused by the steps.  The Oswald figure's shadow is artificial and in the wrong direction.  It was probably made by using an airbrush to make the shadow.  The shadow under the Oswald figure's nose come from mating a face mask of LHO to the Oswald Figure.  The light in the LHO face mask generates a different direction from the light in the overall picture.

If you disagree with this then I can help you on other questions about this subject.

"1.) First off, the background shadows of the scene are natural and real.  The shadows of the steps ascending along side the house are real.  They move from picture left to picture right.  This means there is only one background used and that background has artificial shadows introduced into it"

Nothing about Oswald's figure in that statement. As I said show where they have introduced artificial shadows to the background.

Yes I disagree and look forward to you helping me by answering my question.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Ray,

What I meant to say is "If you disagree with this then I can not help you on other questions about this subject."

5 minutes ago, Ray Mitcham said:

"1.) First off, the background shadows of the scene are natural and real.  The shadows of the steps ascending along side the house are real.  They move from picture left to picture right.  This means there is only one background used and that background has artificial shadows introduced into it"

Nothing about Oswald's figure in that statement. As I said show where they have introduced artificial shadows to the background.

Yes I disagree and look forward to you helping me by answering my question.

What I meant to say is "If you disagree with this then I can not help you on other questions about this subject."

• 1 month later...

In a telephone call between Marina Oswald and Harry Livingstone on July 3rd 1992 , Marina said that she did not take the BYP with the stairs to Lee's right.

H.L.: The back yard photographs that you took?

M.O.: Yes.

H.L.: You did take some pictures, but....I think you told Larry Howard that you were standing underneath that stair way. Rather than... 

M.O.: In one position was the stairwell behind me.

H.L.: Yeah.

M.O.: And then we moved in front of the house. And the stairway was on the right from me. 

H.L.: Where it is now in the camera? In the pictures.

M.O.: I don't know, is it on the right or the left? It was on the roght from me and on the left from Lee.

H.L.: In the two different points of view. 

M.O.: Yes, What points of view or...? Two different positions.

H.L.: Yeah. So...

M.O.: 'Cause he told me to wait and then got something.....(inaudible).

H.L: In the photographs we have, the camera is facing the stairway, the stairs are to the side but behind Oswald right?

M.O.: No, that could not be. That picture I didn't take.

H.L.: You did not take those pictures?

M.O.: No.

Interesting.  Valuable.  This is another proof that the BYP's are forgeries.  Of course, anyone who has truthfully studied the photos knows that.  Many people over a long period of time has demonstrated the fake qualities of the photos.

• 4 years later...
On 8/9/2018 at 4:13 PM, Chris Bristow said:

Recently I looked at the power line shadows on the post. The reason it moves differently is because the power lines are about 14 feet away and so the shadows move very fast. Based on the distance to the power lines the shadow should move about 6 inches over about 7 minutes.(that is from memory). If you take that 14 feet as the radius x 2 x 3.14 divided into 360 you get one foot of shadow movement for every 4 degrees change in elevation. The Sun's elevation was changing by one degree every 10 minutes so as I recall, the shadow on the post moved about 6 inches so the time elapse for 3 photos is about 5 minutes.  Also the telephone lines ran down the East side of the ally right next to the Neeley house. they have since been moved across the ally to the power pole. You can verify this because the pole in your Neeley house photo (on  the right side of the photo) is on the East side of the ally. One interesting thing I noticed is the shadow behind the post is only slightly visible so from that we can determine almost the exact azimuth as it relates to Marinas los. What is weird is Oswald is only 7 degrees to the right of the post( degrees based on a camera dist of 10 feet), yet his shadow extends at least 13 to 16 degrees out to the side(It measures as 40 degrees but a 16 degree angle from 10 feet distorts to 2 1/2 times what it really is. We should see a 7 degree difference plus one because the post shadow appearing to be one degree left of center. But we see way more than 8 degree. 
As far as Oswalds lean in 133 I find it impossible to duplicate. If you just try to align your right shin, knee and belt buckle(The center line of the body at the belt line) you will fall over. As long as you match the forward position of the right foot and match the hips which remain almost straight forward you will fall over.When people claim to duplicate the stance they tend to turn the foot(And therefore the knee) way out to the right. But Oswald's foot and hips are almost fully forward and if you match the hips and right foot you can't turn the knee out enough to make it work. 

I did not want to transcribe Chris Bristow's post from 2018 into the newly-created thread because it would look like I am plagiarizing Chris, which is not my intent. That said, I defer to Chris' technical explanation above for why my eyes are not deceiving me, that the "lean' of the torso in 133 is impossible and therefore the photo is a forgery.

On 4/3/2023 at 8:34 AM, Charles Blackmon said:

the "lean' of the torso in 133 is impossible and therefore the photo is a forgery.

FWIW Charles

If we look at the "ghost" and Det Brown images they line up, yet when you plast Ozzie in over his ghost image the entire background is skewed.  And since this pose was not officially seen by the public until the mid 70's we have to wonder how they created the 2 images on the right unless they saw and suppressed this "3rd" image, or it was created after the fact.   note: the "ghost" image has the same twig shadows on the fence - and vertical scar on the 2nd post over - as the Det Brown image... but it is obviously not of Det Brown based on how his right hand is holding the papers.  To me it looks like a cutout of the image on the left, pasted over an empty image of the BYP... (bottom)

The "ghost" image does not look like the person is leaning, but if we rotate the actual image so the fence lines up, Ozzie is falling over... (below)

Edited by David Josephs

Something is not right about the lean of the torso, relative to the picket fence background, regardless of whatever shenanigans led to the ghost image. Which tells me something is faked on 133. (My expertise is not in photography, although I did learn how to old school process film in college.)