The Education Forum

Workload Agreement

Whilst it is clearly revolutionary to post anything related to anything other than JFK on this forum :):rolleyes: I was wondering if anyone else had caught the news from the Head Teachers union yesterday that they had decided (eventually) to support the NUT's position on the the teachers workload agreement - story here

Where does this leave;

1. the government

2. the "semi unions" who supported the agreement

3. the teaching profession?????????

Whilst it is clearly revolutionary to post anything related to anything other than JFK on this forum :)  :rolleyes:  I was wondering if anyone else had caught the news from the Head Teachers union yesterday that they had decided (eventually) to support the NUT's position on the the teachers workload agreement -

Are you suggesting that the forum is a victim of a JFK conspiracy? It is true there has been a lot of JFK postings recently (they also make up most of the new members). However, this is just democracy at work and is a result of people interested in the subject being stimulated into posting.

As far as the workload agreement is concerned, it has to be remembered that this was a decision made by members against the advice of the NAHT leadership. I doubt whether they will carry out this threat. However, in the meantime it does increase the embarrassment of the government and the other teacher unions (including those unions who in the past have suggested they are willing to take militant action in the interests of its members).

Are you suggesting that the forum is a victim of a JFK conspiracy?

You heard it here first folks :)

Re workload - shame one of the consequences of all this is to further distance the chance of professional unity in the UK, but at the same time highlight the very pressing need for it :rolleyes: