The Education Forum

Backyard Photos, invitation for Jack White.

21 hours ago, Chris Bristow said:

Paul, I do think the photos being fake is by far the most likely scenario. Of all the photographic evidence in the JFK case I am most convinced by John Costella's, Stemmons pincushion issues. So I am definitely in the CT camp and appreciate all that Jack White has done to illuminate the public.

Chris,

Cheers to you in your journey.  Yet IMHO, the fact that the BYP are Fake does not necessarily contribute to a CT -- actually, an LN theory can also be made on the basis of my theory of the BYP. 

I say that LHO really did try to kill General Walker.  I say that LHO really did create the BYP, and that Marina Oswald took one (but only one) of the photos.

So, somebody like DVP could easily argue that there was no CT, but LHO really was "crazy."

Now -- I do support a CT -- just not a CIA-did-it CT.  Most CTers, as I see it, are CIA-did-it CTers, and that is why they argue that the BYP's are Fake -- because they also want to add that the CIA "must have" created the BYP's.

So -- I just wanted to clarify that nuance.  IMHO, the reason that LHO tried to kill General Walker was because he was goaded into that position by George De Mohrenschildt and Volkmar Schmidt -- and possibly others in the Dallas Yuppie Engineer community.

Not that they wanted Walker dead -- but they worked overtime to convince LHO that "Walker was as bad as Adolf Hitler."  They didn't suspect that LHO was a man of action, and not just big words.  LHO took them seriously, bought a rifle, a pistol, and commemorated his decision with the BYP. 

In my CT, I see that LHO convinced his old Marine buddy, Roscoe White, that he was going to infiltrate the Communists -- because he wanted to strike a blow for Freedom, and so he learned Russian in order to help him infiltrate the Communists.  LHO wanted to be a CIA agent so bad he could taste it.  But LHO was also a high-school dropout, who could not drive a car and could hardly spell. 

Anyway, Roscoe White believed LHO, and supported him in Faking the BYP.  That is why we see Roscoe White's chin, neck, shoulders, lumpy right wrist and backward stance in the BYP.  Roscoe White wanted to be part of LHO infiltrating the Reds and getting a job in the CIA.  Then, maybe LHO would put in a good word for him. 

But when LHO instead tried to kill General Walker (in order to impress George De Mohrenschildt, Volkmar Schmidt and the Dallas Yuppie Engineers), Roscoe White was outraged, and he went to General Walker's people to tell them the truth.  Soon, Roscoe White was working with Guy Banister and David Ferrie in New Orleans -- helping to sheep-dip LHO as a Red.  LHO thought he was part of a Kill Fidel team, but even Roscoe White knew better than that.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi John,

Lets pretend for a moment that the BYP were taken at noon. Forget about daylight savings time and where Dallas is in its time zone, let’s use a navigational term, “Local Apparent Noon”. That’s when the sun is at its zenith and the sun’s direction is exactly south (in the northern hemisphere). 

Neely Street runs exactly east-west, and the Neely Street house faces exactly true north. The rear of the house faces south and the stairway runs exactly east-west.

At local apparent noon, the Oswald shadow would point straight north, straight toward the rear wall of the house and would be exactly perpendicular to it. 

Also at local apparent noon, the shadows cast by the overhang of the stair risers on the stair stringers would be exactly vertical. 

In this thought experiment, Oswald is a statue and does not move. Flash forward three hours, and the sun has moved to the west, which causes Oswald’s shadow to point in a more easterly direction - point more toward the fence than the house. At this very same time, the shadows from the stair risers have also moved toward the east - pointing toward the fence rather than strait down.  

And it’s my opinion that that’s exactly what we see the stair riser shadows and the Oswald shadow doing in the BYP.

I think you’re right about the “V” nose shadow being inconsistent, John, but the stair-riser/Oswald shadow thing...? I’m going to give it a rest. 

Tom

Edited by Tom Hume

"Cheers to you in your journey.  Yet IMHO, the fact that the BYP are Fake does not necessarily contribute to a CT -- actually, an LN theory can also be made on the basis of my theory of the BYP.  "

Paul, interesting idea. I have no firm opinions on the assassination other than it was a conspiracy to kill JKF and  to cover it up. Based on John Costella's Stemmons pincushion observations I am also pretty convinced the Z film was altered. I am going to revisit the subject in the forum and see if there is anyone that can provide an explanation other than the leaning/swinging pole. I found that because the pole was leaning away from Z it would not swing in the direction needed to explain Costella's anomaly.
 A pole leaning away swings in the same direction as the camera pans. A pole leaning towards the camera moves the opposite way from the camera. This basic principle means the leaning pole can't be the answer and with no other explanation offered in 9 years or so, I am very nearly convinced John Costella has offered definitive proof. I say  "Very nearly" because I have yet to claim anything as definitive proof.

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 0:22 AM, Sandy Larsen said:

Chris,

I don't think Andrej really knew what kind of distortion it is that he was claiming we all see in the BY photos. But he was just as certain that it was distortion as I was that it wasn't.

I'm certainly no optics expert, but I'm a technically minded person and pick things up quick. (I'm an electrical engineer, BTW.) So I read up on barrel and pincushion distortions. I already understood perspective, but I studied it further. I showed Andrej how the distortion couldn't be due to perspective. That was easy to prove... the vertical lines spread out instead of converging as they get further from the camera's line of sight.. I showed him that it wasn't barrel or pincushion distortion. That was easy too since those distortions are radially symmetrical (at least they are with regular round lenses) and the distortion we see in the BYPs is not.

And I had explanations for what we see, things like keystoning. But there was no swaying Andrej. and vice versa.

What shut me up was when he produced an Oswald family photo that showed distortion very similar to what we see in the BYPs. How could I argue with that?

Right then my train of thought switched from "what could have been done to produce this distortion," to "what could have been wrong with that camera/lens that could explain the distortion."

It occurred to me that perhaps the lens had been cast rather than being ground and polished. And that the mold was far from perfect in shape. And not radially symmetrical.

I don't know if an Imperial Reflex camera was really used to make the BYPs. But I did some research and found that those cameras did use plastic lenses, not a quality glass. I don't know if they were polished or not, but if they were they weren't polished well enough.

Sandy, that clears it up and the rifle shadow issue looks very interesting. Once I accept something like this I still put a critical eye to it cause I can be fooled by my eye, but it looks like a solid claim.
 If you have anything specific you can relate about what was told you about distortion causing the fence to lean, let me know. I would like to sort out that issue.

Strange, I though it was a different post of yours I was responding to. Thanks for the extra info on the distortion guys views.

Edited by Chris Bristow
added info

A few days ago on this thread, John Butler and I had a discussion about some of the shadows in the BYP. John’s opinion was that the Oswald body shadow was inconsistent with the shadows cast by the horizontal stair-overhangs on the vertical stair stringer below. My opinion was that the two sets of shadows were consistent, and my argument to John is in the footnote at the bottom.

John and I were in agreement, however, about the common notion that the Oswald figure’s “V” nose shadow is inconsistent with the Oswald body shadow, and indeed the other shadows in the photos. 

As described in the footnote, the layout of the Neely Street house is fairly strait forward in that house faces exactly true north, the rear of the house faces south, and the stairs run exactly east-west. 

I have a couple of questions for those following this thread:

(1) If we assume for a moment that the Oswald body shadow is legit, roughly what time of day would the photo have been taken?

(2) If we assume for a moment that the “V” nose shadow is legit, roughly what time of day would the photo have been taken?

Tom

Footnote:

“Hi John,

Lets pretend for a moment that the BYP were taken at noon. Forget about daylight savings time and where Dallas is in its time zone, let’s use a navigational term, “Local Apparent Noon”. That’s when the sun is at its zenith and the sun’s direction is exactly south (in the northern hemisphere). 

Neely Street runs exactly east-west, and the Neely Street house faces exactly true north. The rear of the house faces south and the stairway runs exactly east-west.

At local apparent noon, the Oswald shadow would point straight north, straight toward the rear wall of the house and would be exactly perpendicular to it. 

Also at local apparent noon, the shadows cast by the overhang of the stair risers on the stair stringers would be exactly vertical. 

In this thought experiment, Oswald is a statue and does not move. Flash forward three hours, and the sun has moved to the west, which causes Oswald’s shadow to point in a more easterly direction - point more toward the fence than the house. At this very same time, the shadows from the stair risers have also moved toward the east - pointing toward the fence rather than strait down.  

And it’s my opinion that that’s exactly what we see the stair riser shadows and the Oswald shadow doing in the BYP.

I think you’re right about the “V” nose shadow being inconsistent, John, but the stair-riser/Oswald shadow thing...? I’m going to give it a rest. 

Tom”

Edited by Tom Hume

On 2/17/2017 at 9:16 PM, Chris Bristow said:

"Cheers to you in your journey.  Yet IMHO, the fact that the BYP are Fake does not necessarily contribute to a CT -- actually, an LN theory can also be made on the basis of my theory of the BYP.  "

Paul, interesting idea. I have no firm opinions on the assassination other than it was a conspiracy to kill JKF and  to cover it up. Based on John Costella's Stemmons pincushion observations I am also pretty convinced the Z film was altered. I am going to revisit the subject in the forum and see if there is anyone that can provide an explanation other than the leaning/swinging pole. I found that because the pole was leaning away from Z it would not swing in the direction needed to explain Costella's anomaly.

A pole leaning away swings in the same direction as the camera pans. A pole leaning towards the camera moves the opposite way from the camera. This basic principle means the leaning pole can't be the answer and with no other explanation offered in 9 years or so, I am very nearly convinced John Costella has offered definitive proof. I say  "Very nearly" because I have yet to claim anything as definitive proof.

Chris,

Yes, the Zapruder film is a topic for a different thread.  Let me know what thread you land on, and I'll follow you there.

IMHO, the FBI attempted to tamper with every bit of evidence it could in order to push the "Lone Nut" theory of the JFK assassination -- and so I wouldn't be surprised to learn that that Z-film was also tampered with.  Yet the tampering was superficial, as far as I can make out.  The head-shot is the zinger -- and there was no time to modify that to make it look like it came from the TSBD.

It's like the bullets inside JFK's head itself -- there were hundreds of shards from a frangible bullet in JFK's brain, as well as fragments from a FMJ bullet, giving proof of two shots to JFK's head -- and there wasn't enough time to tamper with it to force it into the "Lone Nut" theory, so the photos and X-rays were simply suppressed for decades, and JFK's brain simply "went missing."

Now that we finally have the X-rays and photos from Bethesda Hospital, we see clear evidence of photo tampering.  The "Lone Nut" tamperers had no limits.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Well, for what it is worth there are more problematic issues with the BYP.  I don't know whether Jack White caught this or not I would have to go back and read his list of 15 hits.  The one has to do with a shadow or, rather the lack of a shadow. 

The communist papers do not cast a shadow on Oswald's shirt.  The rest of his body, with the exception of the head, is highlighted from the left and front.  More to the front then left.  This is indicated by the small portion of his right side being shadowed.  Enough is shadowed from that angle to leave a shadow from the papers on his shirt.  There is no shadow there.  What does this tell us?  The composer of this photograph was not worried about shadows or to stupid to notice.  This again points to someone who was an amateur at this type of work.

This next is a bit of a stretch based more on highlights rather than shadows.  The shadow under Oswald's right arm may not match the shadow on the ground.  Sometimes I see it that way and others not.

Someone wanted to know what times the shadows represent.  Well, It would be instructive to go back and look at what Jack White said:

Jack White and the backyard photos:

Photographic expert Jack White has studied these photographs for two decades and testified before the House Select Committee. His conclusion is that the photographs are fakes. His pointed findings include:

1) STANDING OFF CENTER: White concludes that Oswald is standing off center and outside the weight bearing alignment of his feet. A person could not stand in such a position.

2) PROPORTIONS: When the body proportions are brought into alignment from the knees to the head by adjusting the size of the photographs, one head is much larger than the other.

3) OVERALL BODY SHADOWS: Although the photos were supposed to have been taken just seconds apart, the overall body shadows in the photographs are all different. In 133-A the photograph has a 10 o'clock shadow, 133-B a 12 o'clock shadow and 133-C a 10 o'clock shadow again.

4) ARM AND ELBOWS: White said that the elbow is too high in one photograph and the elbow doesn't show up on the one photograph of the arm were Oswald is holding the rifle. This pose had been attempted to be duplicated but could not.

5) HANDS AND FINGERS: On the photographs the left hand and finger looks normal. Yet the right hand is missing fingernails and the hand looks stubby.

6) WATCH: The photographs reveal that Oswald is wearing a watch but all witnesses have stated that Oswald did not wear and didn't own a watch. No watch was found among the possessions of Oswald and he was not wearing one when he was arrested.

7) RIFLE: When the photographs are blown up to the actual height of Oswald that was 5'9", the rifle in the photograph is too long. When the rifle is adjusted in the photograph to it's proper length, Oswald's height is six inches too short.

8) SCOPE: White noted that in the photograph the rear end of the rifle scope is missing and pants wrinkles appear where the end of the scope is supposed to be.

9) FACE: The face shows Oswald with a flat chin but Oswald had a clift chin. There is a line that breaks up the grain of the photograph that runs across the chin that many say is where the cut took place to paste Oswald's face onto the photograph.

10) PHOTOGRAPHIC OVERLAY: When Mr. White took 133-A and 133-B and adjusted and overlayed them, nothing matched up which isn't suppose to happen with two slightly different poses. However, the faces on the two photographs did.

11) FACE SHADOWS: Both photos show the same V shaped shadow below the nose. However, on one of the photos Oswald's head is tilted but the shadow does not adjust for this tilt.

12) NECK SHADOWS: On one of the photos there is light on the right side of the neck but the same photo shows the rifle casting a shadow to this angle.

13) COLLAR SIZE: The collar size can be determined from the photograph using a mathematical formula which came out to size 16. Oswald wore a six 14 1/2 collar and all his clothes found among his personal belongings were in the 14.5 to 15 inch range.

14) BACKGROUNDS: White determined that one photograph had the top cropped off and the other photograph had the bottom cropped off which made the photos appear like they had been taken at slightly different locations. However, except for small fractions, everything lines up on both photographs when the two were compared. That is, the camera did not change position and the only way to do this would be with a tripod which was not used.

15) SMALL DIFFERENCES: For many months White was puzzled by the small differences he noted in the backgrounds but they were not off much. After looking at the photographs some more he determined that on the background of one, the camera appears to be slightly tilted. He then took another copy of the photo by tilting it on a board and everything came perfectly into alignment.

I might contribute to No. 5 in this list.  The overall body outline in many places looks like a cut out figure.  I'm sure some of you fellas are old enough to remember your sisters cutting out paper dolls during the 1950's.  Oswald's figure has that appearance.  You wont and cannot find natural straight lines in nature.  The Oswald figure has several examples of unnatural straight lines.

Edited by John Butler

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:45 PM, Michael Walton said:

No one even knew about Walker until Oswald was dead. Oswald knew the photos were fake and said so, just like he said he was a patsy as he walking through the hall.  He knew he was being framed for everything.

Michael,

General Walker knew about Oswald by the weekend after the Walker shooting.  This is seen in his personal papers.  For one example:

http://www.pet880.com/images/19750623_EAW_to_Frank_Church.pdf

Also, General Walker was the first to break the story -- not Marina.  Remember this German newspaper.

19631129_Deutsche_NZ.jpg

The reason this story appeared on November 29th, instead of on November 23rd, when General Walker fed it to the German reporter, was because this newspaper is a weekend newspaper only.  Walker gave it to the newspaper at 7am on 11/23/1963, about 18 hours after the JFK murder. 

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
attachment

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/17/2017 at 1:00 AM, Sandy Larsen said:

RedGreen%201_zps2v8gfuud.jpg

RedGreen%202_zpstq1xpnoa.jpgRedGreen%203_zpszrpmit2l.jpg

These are designated C-133a, C-133b, and C-133c respectively.

I don't know much about photography, but I've always been struck by the fact that in the picture on the bottom left, the slats of the fence and the vertical post to Oswald's left are straight up and down. In the pictures on the top and the bottowm right, the slats in the fence and the vertical post to Oswald's left are slanting to our right.

To me, it looks like "somebody's" picture has been pasted on a picture that was slightly cockeyed.

Forget about Oswald falling over, that whole fencing and shed should have fallen over. :-)

Steve Thomas

11 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

I don't know much about photography, but I've always been struck by the fact that in the picture on the bottom left, the slats of the fence and the vertical post to Oswald's left are straight up and down. In the pictures on the top and the bottowm right, the slats in the fence and the vertical post to Oswald's left are slanting to our right.

To me, it looks like "somebody's" picture has been pasted on a picture that was slightly cockeyed.

Forget about Oswald falling over, that whole fencing and shed should have fallen over. :-)

Steve Thomas

I don't suppose it has anything to do with the  focal length of the lens and the camera's being tilted a little bit differently in one or more planes?

--  Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

This is a photo I posted several years ago showing "Oswald" leaning after the photo had been adjusted for perspective.

Note the angle the "Oswald" would really have been standing. Some idiot suggested that he was caught in a"moment time", in other words he was in the process of falling over!

Back%20yard%20photosCE133Aperspective_zp

Steve Thomas wrote, “Forget about Oswald falling over, that whole fencing and shed should have fallen over.”

Maybe the BYP are a puzzle, and one of our tasks is to level up the yard as Ray Mitcham has done, the yard where I hypothesize Wesley Frazier posed for stereo pictures on which Lee Oswald’s head was later pasted. 

“Lee Harvey Oswald” anagrams to:

“HO, WES, A LEVEL YARD”

or,

“LEVEL A HO, WES, YARD”

Thanks to Ray we can appreciate LHO’s stunning 4 degree sway to his right. “Lee Harvey Oswald” anagrams to:

“LHO SWAY REVEALED”

In CE133A, Oswald’s head looks too large. “Lee Harvey Oswald” anagrams to:

“O, A VERY SWELL HEAD”

My hypothesis suggests that Lee’s head was pasted on Wesley Frazier’s body. “Lee Harvey Oswald” anagrams to:

"L HEAD OVERLAY WES”

and,

“H LAD OVER WESLEY”

So maybe we are seeing two people in the back yard, Lee and Wes. “Lee Harvey Oswald” anagrams to:

“LEE O’S YARD HAVE L/W”

And maybe that’s Wesley holding Lee’s rifle. “Lee Harvey Oswald” anagrams to:

“WESLEY HAVE A L ROD”

Since the Neely Street house faced exactly north, the BYP appear to have been taken in the early afternoon. The vertical angle of the “V” shaped shadow below Oswald’s nose, however, appears consistent with a late afternoon photo. In other words, Lee’s “V” shadow appears too early in the day. “Lee Harvey Oswald” anagrams to:

“LEE, EARLY ‘V’ SHADOW”

Lee’s head bears a “V” shaped shadow and “Lee Harvey Oswald anagrams to:

“LEE RELAY ‘V’ SHADOW”

In CE 133A and 133C, there is a half of a letter “O” visible on the fence near the hypothesized Wesley’s left knee. 

And it’s Wesley’s body in CE133A and 133C that has a half of a letter “O” visible on the fence near Wesley’s left knee (you can see these clearly in Steve’s last post). “Lee Harvey Oswald” anagrams to:

WES RELAY HALVED “O”

I think that the “V” shadow and the “halved ‘O’” are the alignment points for properly sizing CE133A and 133C. When these two photos are properly sized and aligned, and rotated 88 degrees to the right, we get a 3-D set, a 3-D view of Lee’s back yard, Wesley’s body with four arms, and a dandy view of Oswald’s head in 3-D. “Lee Harvey Oswald” anagrams to:

“LAYER WES HALVED ‘O’”

and, 

“LAYER LEE ‘V’ SHADOW”

And another anagram of “Lee Harvey Oswald” combines the two above:

“LAYER WES ‘O’, L HEAD ‘V’”

and,

“LH/WES, A LAYERED ‘V/O’”

I suspect a stereoscopic image was taken with Oswald’s tripod-mounted Stereo Realist camera, which was rotated 88 degrees to the right (Marina’s one picture was just for show). The 3-D image was meant to be viewed with a “Stereoscope”, a common item even today, that requires a pair of square images mounted on a 7 inch card. 

In the past, I had pursued the hypothesis that the BYP are a puzzle, just one of many, created by Oswald and his small band of good-guys. They called themselves “ICO” (“Igor”, “Case”, “Oswald”, and they had at least one civilian recruit, Wesley Frazier).

According to this hypothesis, the BYP puzzle was created in response to Oswald’s assignment (by Ferrie, Banister, Phillips, Hoover, et al) to buy a mail order rifle and revolver and have his picture taken with these (Oswald’s patsy bona fides). Oswald and company then produced a set of photos (possibly four in all) that were designed around naturally occurring anagrams that could reveal ICO’s stunt, a 3-D image of Wesley Frazier’s body with Lee Oswald’s head attached.

There is much more to this, but as I’ve said before, I’m six years into what I believe is a vast “ICO” puzzle system, and I’m in way over my head. I’m not good at puzzles and I lack the graphics skills to properly demonstrate the BYP aspect of my hypothesis. I’ve decided that since I’ve failed to generate  interest in this, I’d get back to my life and finish the interior trim on my house, which is why you haven’t heard from me lately. I have a board to cut.

Later,

Tom

P.S. A very interesting post above by Ed LeDoux. I think more 3D modeling of the BYP could tell us a lot. 

P.S.S. If anyone wants to take the “Lee Harvey Oswald” anagrams to the next level, below is ICO’s basic Number/Letter translation device:

(A=0)(B=1)(C=2)(D=3)(E=4)(F=5)(G=6)(H=7)(I=8)(J=9)(K=10)(L=11)(M=12)(N=13)(O=14)(P=15)(Q=16)(R=17)(S=18)(T=19)(U=20)(V=21)(W=22)(X=23)(Y=24)(Z=25)