The Education Forum

Matthew Smith: The Kennedys: The Conspiracy to Destroy a Dynasty

(1) In chapter 1 “Statistics and Curses” you provide an account of the numerous tragedies that took place in the Kennedy family. For example:

(i) Rosemary Kennedy was born retarded in 1918.

(ii) Joe Kennedy Junior who was killed in a Liberator bomber in 1943.

(iii) Kathleen Kennedy was killed in a plane crash in 1948.

(iv) John F. Kennedy was assassinated in 1963.

(v) Edward Kennedy broke his back in an aircraft crash in 1964.

(vi) Robert Kennedy was assassinated in 1968.

(vii) Edward Kennedy involved in a car accident that resulted in the death of Mary Jo Kopechne in 1969.

However, I did not know about the possible assassination attempt against Caroline Kennedy that killed Sir Hamilton Fairley. Do you think it was a coincidence that Caroline was due to travel in the car with Sir Hugh Fraser that day? I know the assumption is that it was an IRA bomb. However, at the time, Fraser’s wife, Lady Antonia Fraser, was a leading supporter of Catholic causes and has since written a book claiming that Guy Fawkes was set-up as part of a Protestant conspiracy.

(2) On page 19 you point out that Richard Nixon was Action Officer of the 5412 Committee. Do you know if there are any links with this committee and Operation 40?

(3) In chapters 8 and 9 you argue that Marilyn Monroe was murdered in an attempt to bring down John F. Kennedy. You claim on page 59 “The Kennedys were not responsible for Marilyn’s death, even though there are indications they ‘paid off’ a number of people for silence relating to their proximity. The Kennedys would not have wished for her to die, neither would the act of killing her have fitted their political or personal profiles. Far from it: from a realistic viewpoint, the enormous risk involved in killing anyone – or having anyone killed – would have placed the entire family in lasting jeopardy.”

I agree with you but isn’t it true that very few people knew that JFK was having a relationship with Monroe at the time. I believe the only reference to her involvement with JFK during her lifetime appeared in the New York Journel American on 3rd August, 1962: “Marilyn Monroe's health must be improving. She's been attending select Hollywood parties and has become the talk of the town again. In California, they're circulating a photograph of her that certainly isn't as bare as he famous calendar, but is very interesting... And she's cooking in the sex-appeal department, too; she's proved vastly alluring to a handsome gentleman who is a bigger name than Joe DiMaggio in his heyday. So don't write off Marilyn as finished.”

Interestingly, the piece was written by Dorothy Kilgallen, who was later to die in similar circumstances to Monroe on 8th November, 1965.

Another interesting connection between Kilgallen, Kennedy and Monroe is this supposedly classified document that appeared on the internet a few years ago:

Wiretap of telephone conversation between reporter Dorothy Kilgallen and her close friend, Howard Rothberg; from wiretap of telephone conversation of Marilyn Monroe and Attorney General Robert Kennedy. Appraisal of Content: (Blacked Out).

1. Rothberg discussed the apparent comeback of subject with Kilgallen and the break up with the Kennedys. Rothberg told Kilgallen that she was attending Hollywood parties hosted by the "inner circle" among Hollywood's elite and was becoming the talk of the town again. Rothberg indicated in so many words, that she had secrets to tell, no doubt arising from her trists (sic) with the President and the Attorney General. One such (illegible) mentions the visit by the President at a secret air base for the purpose of inspecting things from outer space. Kilgallen replied that she knew what might be the source of the visit. In the mid-fifties Kilgallen learned of secret effort by US and UK governments to identify the origins of crashed spacecraft and dead bodies, from a British government official. Kilgallen believed the story may have come from the (illegible) in the late forties. Kilgallen said that if the story is true, it could cause terrible embarrassment to Jack and his plans to have NASA put men on the moon.

2. Subject repeatedly called the Attorney General and complained about the way she was being ignored by the President and his brother.

3. Subject threatened to hold a press conference and would tell all.

4. Subject made references to "bases" in Cuba and knew of the President's plan to kill Castro.

5. Subject made reference to her "diary of secrets" and what the newspapers would do with such disclosures.

This document is a forgery but it might have been part of the plan to implicate JFK and RFK in the death of Monroe.

Who do you think was responsible for Monroe’s death?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1845961...ce&n=266239

post-7-1152192642_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
(1) In chapter 1 “Statistics and Curses” you provide an account of the numerous tragedies that took place in the Kennedy family. For example:

(i) Rosemary Kennedy was born retarded in 1918.

(ii) Joe Kennedy Junior who was killed in a Liberator bomber in 1943.

(iii) Kathleen Kennedy was killed in a plane crash in 1948.

(iv) John F. Kennedy was assassinated in 1963.

(v) Edward Kennedy broke his back in an aircraft crash in 1964.

(vi) Robert Kennedy was assassinated in 1968.

(vii) Edward Kennedy involved in a car accident that resulted in the death of Mary Jo Kopechne in 1969.

However, I did not know about the possible assassination attempt against Caroline Kennedy that killed Sir Hamilton Fairley. Do you think it was a coincidence that Caroline was due to travel in the car with Sir Hugh Fraser that day? I know the assumption is that it was an IRA bomb. However, at the time, Fraser’s wife, Lady Antonia Fraser, was a leading supporter of Catholic causes and has since written a book claiming that Guy Fawkes was set-up as part of a Protestant conspiracy.

(1) Yes, though I am aware there are many who would disagree. As one who does not seek conspiracy round every corner, the pattern of activities surrounding this event leaves no doubt in my mind that it was the work of the IRA. The Irish would not have wanted to harm a Kennedy, though their homework in planning the event left a lot to be desired. As sure as Fraser would have been killed, Caroline would have been killed, also. As far as Lady Fraser is concerned, I cannot see them to have wanted to harm a supporter of Catholic causes.

(2) On page 19 you point out that Richard Nixon was Action Officer of the 5412 Committee. Do you know if there are any links with this committee and Operation 40?

(2) I cannot tell you, but I doubt this will be difficult to find out.

(3) In chapters 8 and 9 you argue that Marilyn Monroe was murdered in an attempt to bring down John F. Kennedy. You claim on page 59 “The Kennedys were not responsible for Marilyn’s death, even though there are indications they ‘paid off’ a number of people for silence relating to their proximity. The Kennedys would not have wished for her to die, neither would the act of killing her have fitted their political or personal profiles. Far from it: from a realistic viewpoint, the enormous risk involved in killing anyone – or having anyone killed – would have placed the entire family in lasting jeopardy.”

I agree with you but isn’t it true that very few people knew that JFK was having a relationship with Monroe at the time. I believe the only reference to her involvement with JFK during her lifetime appeared in the New York Journel American on 3rd August, 1962: “Marilyn Monroe's health must be improving. She's been attending select Hollywood parties and has become the talk of the town again. In California, they're circulating a photograph of her that certainly isn't as bare as he famous calendar, but is very interesting... And she's cooking in the sex-appeal department, too; she's proved vastly alluring to a handsome gentleman who is a bigger name than Joe DiMaggio in his heyday. So don't write off Marilyn as finished.”

Interestingly, the piece was written by Dorothy Kilgallen, who was later to die in similar circumstances to Monroe on 8th November, 1965.

Another interesting connection between Kilgallen, Kennedy and Monroe is this supposedly classified document that appeared on the internet a few years ago:

Wiretap of telephone conversation between reporter Dorothy Kilgallen and her close friend, Howard Rothberg; from wiretap of telephone conversation of Marilyn Monroe and Attorney General Robert Kennedy. Appraisal of Content: (Blacked Out).

1. Rothberg discussed the apparent comeback of subject with Kilgallen and the break up with the Kennedys. Rothberg told Kilgallen that she was attending Hollywood parties hosted by the "inner circle" among Hollywood's elite and was becoming the talk of the town again. Rothberg indicated in so many words, that she had secrets to tell, no doubt arising from her trists (sic) with the President and the Attorney General. One such (illegible) mentions the visit by the President at a secret air base for the purpose of inspecting things from outer space. Kilgallen replied that she knew what might be the source of the visit. In the mid-fifties Kilgallen learned of secret effort by US and UK governments to identify the origins of crashed spacecraft and dead bodies, from a British government official. Kilgallen believed the story may have come from the (illegible) in the late forties. Kilgallen said that if the story is true, it could cause terrible embarrassment to Jack and his plans to have NASA put men on the moon.

2. Subject repeatedly called the Attorney General and complained about the way she was being ignored by the President and his brother.

3. Subject threatened to hold a press conference and would tell all.

4. Subject made references to "bases" in Cuba and knew of the President's plan to kill Castro.

5. Subject made reference to her "diary of secrets" and what the newspapers would do with such disclosures.

This document is a forgery but it might have been part of the plan to implicate JFK and RFK in the death of Monroe.

Who do you think was responsible for Monroe’s death?

(3) Frankly, I think his liaison was very well known among journalists and I think he was astute enough to recognise the perils in such a situation. Editors would not publish 'tittle tattle' about the President in those days; very different from today.This did not prevent journalists knowing what was happening, however. Had Robert Kennedy been placed under investigation in connexion with Marilyn's deat, his career would have been finished instantly. It would have mattered not that he would have been cleared; the mere fact that America's top lawman was questioned about it would have produced immediate calls for his resignation. In these circumstances, JFK would, undoubtedly have also resigned without waiting for the press to make known his sordid involvement with Marilyn.

It is my belief, however, that Robert Kennedy WAS interviewed in connexion to Marilyn's death. (After all, he was in her house twice the day she died). He was, I'm convinced, interviewed privately by his good friend Chief Parker, who, I strongly suspect, knew what it was all about, anyway. (He was a well informed chief of police). It is unlikely Parker, a man of known integrity, would jeopardize his career and future protecting a man he had any doubts about, a Kennedy or not.

The knock-on situation created was that if her superficial 'suicide' had been turned into a murder investigation he would not have been able to protect Kennedy. Chances are he found out who killed Marilyn but his hands were tied. This, I daresay, is what still lingers behind the reluctance of LA DAs to reopen the case while there is anyone alive who could blow the gaffe.

Those who, we know, had an agenda to get rid of John and Robert Kennedy from politics were the Bay of Pig CIA agent-survivors. The hated their guts. At first they were not seeking to kill the brothers, but to get them out of the White House (and no doubt, as they thought, replaced by Nixon. When the plan failed by the intervention of Chief Parker, and their exploits came to the notice (through channels) of certain members of the establishment, there was immediate interest among some of their number. They saw their aims in getting rid of the Kennedys through bloodshed, and I believe that Edward Kennedy, a fast rising politician bound to be sought to follow in his brothers' footsteps, was added to the agents' list.

By the time it got round to Edward, the need became urgent and alternative means of keeping him out the the White House had to be found. Another Kennedy murder would have exposed the plot to the world and endangered all involved. They were just as successful, though.