The Education Forum

Mystery midget discovered in Willis 5

While studying the men on the steps in Willis 5 (two instead of three)

I noticed something never noticed before...a tall child or short midget

standing next to Mrs. Chism. Is this person in any other image, and

who is it?

Jack

PS I had a typo in the heading. Should be Willis 5 not 6. Is there

no way to correct a heading?

Edited by Jack White

"Paging Dr. Miller. Paging Dr. Bill Miller."

Jack, why is it that you, like Zapruder, don't cast shadows? Are you a vampire?

Why is BS still allowed here to post his BS? I doubt that BS is a real person;

probably one of Bush's eavesdroppers using a name picked up from a character

on the TV Survivor show.

Jack

who is it?

Jack

Jack, I note that the woman to our right of the figure you are taking about in this image seems to be lacking her lower legs...is this all an artifact of the poor image or something more important? It might explain, in part, the apparently too short figure you cite.

Right, Peter...part of her legs are cut off by the hood of the Queen Mary,

but the short person is seen from the ankles up.

Jack

It's just the one person standing there. The 'midget'is the lower part of this person (IMO).

Is the hard hat dude a clue? Is there a better copy or other photo or testimony that in any way supports the notion that the pipe fitter here has a round mirror in his hands.

His head is blurred as if he makes a rapid twist from looking at Kennedy to looking towards (and above?) the photographer.

If the thing he appears to be holding is a mirror.

It seems to be tilted up towards the sun. This would place the reflected circle somewhere behind and above the phoptographer. Any thoughts? (apart from me being nuts of course)

It's just the one person standing there. The 'midget'is the lower part of this person (IMO).

Is the hard hat dude a clue? Is there a better copy or other photo or testimony that in any way supports the notion that the pipe fitter here has a round mirror in his hands.

His head is blurred as if he makes a rapid twist from looking at Kennedy to looking towards (and above?) the photographer.

If the thing he appears to be holding is a mirror.

It seems to be tilted up towards the sun. This would place the reflected circle somewhere behind and above the phoptographer. Any thoughts? (apart from me being nuts of course)

John...for years I thought it was the lower body of one of the two teenagers

in sports jackets standing behind the Chisms. But look closely, the

Chisms are at the curb, and the teens arewell to the rear of them, so

cannot be at the curb. Also look at the other teen, behind Mr. Chism,

and you will see he does not extend to the curb. Take a look at the

attached enlargement.

I am just about to do a comparison with Zapruder, Bronson, and Willis,

showing the curb people from the Stemmons sign eastward to the hardhat

man, but it will have to wait till tomorrow.

Thanks for your comment.

Jack

PS...I had never noticed the round thing held by hardhat man. Could he

be using a mirror to signal someone...Harry Holmes, for instance?

Jack

Edited by Jack White

Perhaps yes, Jack. So it would be important to determine what it is before taking it further.

If it is indeed a mirror then I suspect one can make educated guesses about how it's orientated and where sunrays at that orientation would end up.

I agree. I've tried it, You have to grip the mirror firmly and anchor it in at least one place, like holding it firmly in one hand and having that hand locked on to your body, and then you use the other hand to tilt the mirror. You also have to hold the mirror close to your eyes so you get the line of sight. Also you need to stand still, so if you need to turn to track something you twist your body while tilting the lens so you keep the target already established in 'sight'. IOW you first locate where you want to have the mirror pointed at, then you turn and tilt smoothly to keep alignment and then just flash to signal.

Edited by John Dolva

This hard hat character appears to be doing a dance or giving the motorcade the finger / forearm gesture of contempt in other photos. Has hard hat man ever been Identified?

This hard hat character appears to be doing a dance or giving the motorcade the finger / forearm gesture of contempt in other photos. Has hard hat man ever been Identified?

Hard hat man was A.J. Millican.

QUOTE:

BILL DECKER

SHERIFF

CRIMINAL COURTS BUILDING

DALLAS, TEXAS

A.J. Millican

2650 Valley View Lane

Dallas 34, Texas

Chapel 7-4953

Works for Sam P. Wallace and Claude Beard Plumbing Company

Fabricating pipe for the Republic Bank Building at the end of the Katy Railroad yards and the west end of Pacific Street I was standing on the North side of Elm Street, about half way between Houston and the Underpass. About five or ten minutes before the President came by I observed a truck from Honest Joe's Pawn Shop, and parked by the Book Depository Store. Then drove off about five or ten minutes before the Presiden't car came by. Just after the President's car passed, I heard three shots come from up toward Houston and Elm right by the Book Depository Building, and then immediately I heard two more shots from the Arcade between the Book Store and the Underpass, and then three more shots came from the same direction only sounded further back. It sounded approximately like a 45 automatic, or a high powered rifle. Then everybody started running up the hill. A man standing on the South side of Elm Street, was either hit in the foot, or the ankle and fell down. And then I went back to work.

/s/ A.J. Millican

He must be one of the few Americans who 'went back to work' that day.....and stranger that someone who wanted to see JFK wouldn't be more effected. Interesting number of shots he heard!

Peter, where did Millican say that he went back to work following the shooting?

Bill Miller

Was it frame Z-189 which was determined to correspond to the timing of the Willis 5 photo? I seem to recall reading this but can't find the reference at the moment... thanks to anyone that knows...

It was Z202 that matches the Willis photo.

Here's a witness saying someone was struck in the foot or ankle...

How many casualties were reported by witnesses? Has anyone gone through the testimony and counted them?

James Tague's cheek, reports of pools of blood and cries of "we got one of 'em"... would be interesting to see other reports.

who is it?

Jack

Jack - how do you account for all three Chisms in the blue box in the illustration in post #1?

Bill Miller

Edited by Bill Miller