The Education Forum

MLK conspiracy exposed

I read this for the first time only a few days ago. I was so stunned that i hadn't heard anything at all about this at the time.

This is merely the first 2 paragraphs of the article. I do have it in it's entirety, so if people want to read the whole thing and it's okay to do, i'll certainly post the entire article.

anon,

Randy

The Martin Luther King Conspiracy

Exposed in Memphis

by Jim Douglass

Spring 2000

Probe Magazine

According to a Memphis jury's verdict on December 8, 1999, in the wrongful death lawsuit of the King family versus Loyd Jowers "and other unknown co-conspirators," Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated by a conspiracy that included agencies of his own government. Almost 32 years after King's murder at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis on April 4, 1968, a court extended the circle of responsibility for the assassination beyond the late scapegoat James Earl Ray to the United States government.

I can hardly believe the fact that, apart from the courtroom participants, only Memphis TV reporter Wendell Stacy and I attended from beginning to end this historic three-and-one-half week trial. Because of journalistic neglect scarcely anyone else in this land of ours even knows what went on in it. After critical testimony was given in the trial's second week before an almost empty gallery, Barbara Reis, U.S. correspondent for the Lisbon daily Publico who was there several days, turned to me and said, "Everything in the U.S. is the trial of the century. O.J. Simpson's trial was the trial of the century. Clinton's trial was the trial of the century. But this is the trial of the century, and who's here?"

• 2 months later...
I read this for the first time only a few days ago. I was so stunned that i hadn't heard anything at all about this at the time.

This is merely the first 2 paragraphs of the article. I do have it in it's entirety, so if people want to read the whole thing and it's okay to do, i'll certainly post the entire article.

anon,

Randy

Exposed in Memphis

by Jim Douglass

Spring 2000

Probe Magazine

According to a Memphis jury's verdict on December 8, 1999, in the wrongful death lawsuit of the King family versus Loyd Jowers "and other unknown co-conspirators," Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated by a conspiracy that included agencies of his own government. Almost 32 years after King's murder at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis on April 4, 1968, a court extended the circle of responsibility for the assassination beyond the late scapegoat James Earl Ray to the United States government.

I can hardly believe the fact that, apart from the courtroom participants, only Memphis TV reporter Wendell Stacy and I attended from beginning to end this historic three-and-one-half week trial. Because of journalistic neglect scarcely anyone else in this land of ours even knows what went on in it. After critical testimony was given in the trial's second week before an almost empty gallery, Barbara Reis, U.S. correspondent for the Lisbon daily Publico who was there several days, turned to me and said, "Everything in the U.S. is the trial of the century. O.J. Simpson's trial was the trial of the century. Clinton's trial was the trial of the century. But this is the trial of the century, and who's here?"

I saw this trial and taped it. Actually perhaps what I am remembering were the hearings on the rifle that were presided over by Judge Joe Brown, also in 1999. This is what I viewed with great excitement as it was clear that Judge Brown was very informed on this cas. Typically though he was removed and nothing ever came of all this evidence for conspiracy. James Earl Ray died and most believe, like with LHO, that he was the lone assassin.

Did reporter Wendell ever air anything of significance on the Lloyd Jowers triall?

Dawn

anon,

Randy

Exposed in Memphis

by Jim Douglass

Spring 2000

Probe Magazine

I saw this trial and taped it. Actually perhaps what I am remembering were the hearings on the rifle that were presided over by Judge Joe Brown, also in 1999. This is what I viewed with great excitement as it was clear that Judge Brown was very informed on this cas. Typically though he was removed and nothing ever came of all this evidence for conspiracy. James Earl Ray died and most believe, like with LHO, that he was the lone assassin.

Did reporter Wendell ever air anything of significance on the Lloyd Jowers triall?

Dawn

Despite his courtroom tv show, Joe Brown seems very serious about the assassinations of MLK and JFK. People can't know, what they're not told. Since the State, and it's media lapdogs don't want us to know anything about anything; we kind of have to rely on each other, the common people who put reports on the 'Net, or like Narco News a site created and run by one man, who has fought valiently against the power of the State and that of the wealthy. This is literaly a modern day historical person. (Not that he'll ever be in the textbooks).

I disagree that "nothing ever came of all this". Perhaps someone with more knowledge of history can correct me, i don't think we've ever had so many vital political and social persons/leaders assassinated in the compressed time period of the 60s (and 70s?). Now for the first time, we've had a trial and we've had jury verdict of a conspiracy of assassination that includes part of our own government.

(No wishy-washy HSCA language.) To me, this is the greatest triumph that we've had in 2 generations.

Poet