The Education Forum

Is it true that “the 10 closest witnesses to the limousine in Dealy Plaza were never called to testify”?

Len Colby

And that “those who were close by were asked the wrong questions…and if any of them actually provided information that was accurate and important on relevant topics they had their testimony changed”

Fetzer made these claims in a presentation about 9/11

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8648669617598919525&q=fetzer&hl=en starting at 38:45

Most of his claims about 9/11 were false so why should his claims about the assassination be any different?

Len

why don't you the change the title of this thread to coincide with YOUR post declaration... ?

For lurkers information, perhaps Mr. Colby can tell us why the police officer closest to JFK [at the time of his assassination less than 10 feet from him] was NOT called to testify in front of the WC? A Dallas POLICE officer!

[...]

Most of his claims about 9/11 were false so why should his claims about the assassination be any different?

Len

Edited by David G. Healy

One of the ten closest witnesses said this to the WC ......

The testimony of Bobby W. Hargis was taken at 3:20 p.m., on April 8, 1964, in the office of the U.S. attorney, 301 Post Office Building, Bryan and Ervay Streets, Dallas, Tex., by Mr. Samuel A. Stern, assistant counsel of the President's Commission.

Mr. STERN - Will you stand, please. Do you solemnly swear that the evidence :you ,are about to give shall be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?

Mr. HARGIS. I do.

Mr. STERN - Would you state for the record your name and residence address.

Mr. HARGIS - Bobby W. Hargis, 1818 Adelaide, Dallas, Tex.

Mr. STERN - What is your occupation ?

Mr. HARGIS - Police officer.

Mr. STERN - How long have you been a member of the Dallas Police Department?

Mr. HARGIS - Nine years and about 7 months.

Mr. STERN - And you are now a member of the motorcycle--

Mr. HARGIS - Division.

Mr. STERN - Division?

Mr. HARGIS - Yes.

Mr. STERN - Were you a part of the motorcade on November 22nd?

Mr. HARGIS - Yes; I was.

Mr. STERN - In what position?

Mr. HARGIS - I was at the left-hand side of the Presidential limousine.

Mr. STERN - At what part of the President's car?

Mr. HARRIS. Well..

Mr. STERN - Front, or rear?

Mr. HARGIS - Oh. Rear.

Mr. STERN - Riding next to Mrs. Kennedy ?

Mr. HARGIS - Right.

Mr. STERN - Will you describe what occurred or what you observed as the limousine turned into Elm Street?

Mr. HARGIS - Well, at the time that the limousine turned left on Elm, I was staying pretty well right up with the car. Sometimes on Elm we get right up next to it on account of the crowd, but the crowd was out down here at the triple underpass, so, I was next to Mrs. Kennedy when I heard the first shot, and at that time the President bent over, and Governor Connally turned around. He was sitting directly in front of him, and a real shocked and surprised expression on his face.

Mr. STERN - On Governor Connally's?

Mr. HARGIS - Yes; that is why I thought Governor Connally had been shot first, but it looked like the President was bending over to hear what he had to say, and I thought to myself then that Governor Connally, the Governor had been hit, and then as the President raised back up like that (indicating) the shot that killed him hit him. I don't know whether it was the second or the third shot. Everything happened so fast.

Mr. STERN - But, you cannot now recall more than two shots?

Mr. HARGIS - That is all that I can recall remembering. Of course, everything was moving so fast at the time that there could have been 30 more shots that I probably never would have noticed them.

Mr. STERN - Did something happen to you, personally in connection with the shot you have Just described?

Mr. HARGIS - You mean about the blood hitting---

Mr. STERN - Yes.

Mr. HARGIS - Yes; when President Kennedy straightened back up in the car the bullet him in the head, the one that killed him and it seemed like his head exploded, and I was splattered with blood and brain, and kind of bloody water, It wasn't really blood. And at that time the Presidential car slowed down. I heard somebody say, "Get going," or "get going,"

Mr. STERN - Someone inside--

Mr. HARGIS - I don't know whether it was the Secret Service car, and I remembered seeing Officer Chaney. Chaney put his motor in first gear and accelerated up to the front to tell them to get everything out of the way, that he was coming through, and that is when the Presidential limousine shot off, and I stopped and got off my motorcycle and ran to the right-hand side of the street, behind the light pole.

Mr. STERN - Just a minute. Do you recall your impression at the time regarding the source of the shots?

Mr. HARGIS - Well, at the time it sounded like the shots were right next to me. There wasn't any way in the world I could tell where they were coming from, but at the time there was something in my head that said that they probably could have been coming from the railroad overpass, because I thought since I had got splattered, with blood--I was Just a little back and left of--Just a little bit back and left of Mrs. Kennedy, but I didn't know. I had a feeling that it might have been from the Texas Book Depository, and these two places was the primary place that could have been shot from.

Mr. STERN - You were clear that the sounds were sounds of shots?

Mr. HARGIS - Yes. sir: I knew they were shots.

Mr. STERN - All right, what did you do then? You say you parked your motorcycle?

Mr. HARGIS - Yes, uh-huh----

Mr. STERN - Where?

Mr. HARGIS - It was to the left-hand side of the street from---south side of Elm Street.

Mr. STERN - And then what did you---

Mr. HARGIS - I ran across the street looking over towards the railroad overpass and I remembered seeing people scattering and running and then I looked.

Mr. STERN - People on the overpass?

Mr. HARGIS - Yes ; people that were there to see the President I guess- They were taking pictures and things. It was kind of a confused crowd. I don't know whether they were trying to hide or see what was happening or what-and then I looked over to the Texas School Book Depository Building, and no one that was standing at the base of the building was--seemed to be looking up at the building or anything like they knew where the shots were coming from so---

Mr. STERN - How about the people on the incline on the north side of Elm Street? Do you recall their behavior?

Mr. HARGIS - Yes; I remember a man holding a child. Fell to the gound and covered his child with his body, and people running everywhere, trying to get out of there, I guess, and they were about as confused as to where the shots were coming from as everyone else was.

Mr. STERN - And did you run up the incline on your side of Elm Street?

Mr. HARGIS - Yes, sir; I ran to the light post, and I ran up to this kind of a little wall, brick wall up there to see if I could get a better look on the bridge, and, of course. I was looking all around that place by that time. I knew it couldn't have come from the county courthouse because that place was swarming with deputy sheriffs over there.

Mr. STERN - Did you get behind the picket fence that runs from the overpass to the concrete wall?

Mr. HARGIS - No.

Mr. STERN - On the north side of Elm Street?

Mr. HARGIS - No, no; I don't remember any picket fence.

Mr. STERN - Did you observe anything then on the overpass, Or on the incline, or around the Depository? Anything out of the ordinary besides people running?

Mr. HARGIS - No; I didn't That is what got me.

Mr. STERN - So, at that point you were still uncertain as to the direction of the shots?

Mr. HARGIS - Yes, uh-huh.

Mr. STERN - Then, what did you do?

Mr. HARGIS - Well, then, I thought since I looked over at the Texas Book Depository and some people looking out of the windows up there, didn't seem like they knew what was going on, but none of them were looking towards, or near anywhere the shots had been fired from. At the time I didn't know, but about the only activity I could see was on the bridge, on the railroad bridge so----

Mr. STERN - What sort of activity was that?

Mr. HARGIS - Well, the people that were up there were Just trying to get a better look at what was happening and was in a haze and running, Or in a timed fashion, and I thought maybe of them had seen who did the shooting and the rifle.

Mr. STERN - Then what did you do?

Mr. HARGIS - Then I got back on my motorcycle, which was still running, and rode underneath the first underpass to look on the opposite side in order to see if I could see anyone running away from the scene, and since I didn't see anyone coming from that direction I rode under the second underpass, which is Stemmons Expressway and went up around to see if I could see anyone coming from across Stemmons and back that way, and I couldn't see anything that was of a suspicious nature, so, I came back to the Texas School Book Depository. At that time it seemed like the activity was centered around the Texas School Book Depository, so, that is when I heard someone say. one of the sergeants or lieutenants, I don't know, "Don't let anyone out of the Texas School Book Depository," and so, I went to a gap that had not been filled, which was at the southwest corner.

Mr. STERN - And you remained there until you were relieved?

Mr. HARGIS - Yes.

Mr. STERN - Anything else that you haven't told us that you think is relevant to our inquiry?

Mr. HARGIS. No I don't believe so.

Mr. STERN - Thank you very much, Mr. Hargis. The reporter will transcribe your testimony and have it available for you to read and sign if you care to. Otherwise, you may waive your right to review and sign the testimony and she will mail it direct-to the Commission, whichever you prefer. It is entirely your option.

Mr. HARGIS - Well; it really doesn't make any difference. It is more or less what you all think is best.

Mr. STERN - It's entirely up to you.

Mr. HARGIS - Well, how long will it be until she fixes it up?

Mr. STERN - Well, off the record. (Discussion off the record.)

Mr. STERN - On the record.

Mr. HARGIS - All right. Well, Just go ahead and I will Just let you go ahead and send it in without the signature.

Mr. STERN - Thank you very much, Mr. Hargis

whatever

NEVER IDENTIFIED and so never CALLED TO TESTIFY

that is more specific, yes.

Men with EMMETT HUDSON, construction site man,

THE OVERPASS FOURTEEN,

guys in the stalled trucks on the opposite side,

never identified ........... and many more,

not patriotic citizens ////////////

Edited by Shanet Clark

'Bill Miller'

One of the ten closest witnesses said this to the WC ......

dgh: I said the CLOSEST police officer... hard time understanding English?

The testimony of Bobby W. Hargis was taken at 3:20 p.m., on April 8, 1964, in the office of the U.S. attorney, 301 Post Office Building, Bryan and Ervay Streets, Dallas, Tex., by Mr. Samuel A. Stern, assistant counsel of the President's Commission.

[...]

Edited by David G. Healy

Len, I have recently completed an intense study of the eyewitness testimony and there is much to what Fetzer is saying. Despite Specter's stated promise to use the films to identify and interview the closest witnesses, no such effort was made. Of the closest bystanders, only four were called--Jean Hill, after Mark Lane publicized her comments, James Altgens, after a newspaper article revealed he'd never even been interviewed by the FBI, Emmett Hudson, and Abraham Zapruder, who was required to testify to the veracity of his film. None of them were called before the first draft of the Warren report had been completed. Among those not called--William and Gayle Newman, the closest bystanders to the North, and Charles Brehm, Mary Moorman, and Malcolm Summers, among the closest witnesses to the south. Marilyn Sitzman, who stood next to Zapruder, and James Chaney and Douglas Jackson, the motorcyclists to Kennedy's right, were NEVER even interviewed by the FBI (until many years later). The two men by Hudson, and the woman many believe to be Beverly Oliver, were never identified. Tellingly, when one looks at the Muchmore film head shot, one can see 7 bystanders, Hudson, Hill, Moorman, Brehm, Oliver?, and the two unidentified men by Hudson. All 4 interviewed by the FBI heard a shot just after the head shot. I believe the Warren Commission's avoidance of these witnesses was not an accident.

Edited by Pat Speer

""And that “those who were close by were asked the wrong questions…and if any of them actually provided information that was accurate and important on relevant topics they had their testimony changed”

Fetzer made these claims in a presentation about 9/11

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=86...etzer&hl=en starting at 38:45

[/size]

Len

Len:

In reply to your question..

Simply because What Dr. Fetzer stated is true, and sadly, it is also but

one dishonest Tip of the iceberg... but there were others as well...

Posted Sep.2/04....

"Many Depository employees went outside to view the motorcade. Most of them signed reports to the FBI during March 1964..Oddly, the reports all begin to sound alike in that the agents apparently never asked critical questions such as "Where did the shots come from?"..."How many shots?"...or "Did you see the effect of any shot?'...

As the evidence quickly piled up against Oswald and the Depository became the center of the investigation, the authorities, news media, and public soon forgot the initial focus of attention in Dealey Plaza---the Triple Underpass..(area)..."Crossfire" Jim Marrs..

"None of the TSBD employees who thought the shots came from elsewhere other

than their building were called as a Warren Commission Witness"...

"Crossfire".....Jim Marrs...

THE TEXAS SCHOOL BOOK DEPOSITORY......Nov. 22.1963

Witnesses In or Immediately Outside the Depository....

1: Shelley:William (Steps):.. Manager of the Depository, (Oswald's immediate supervisor)and (part of the floor laying crew that day ) testified that he was on the top landing of the entrance watching the motorcade when he heard the shots:

Ball: " What seemed to be the direction or source of the sound.?"

Shelley:" Sounded like it came from the West."...VOL.V1, 328-9.

"also: WC:.. "something sounded like it was a firecracker and a slight pause and then two more a little bit closer together."

He then ran with Lovelady across a small street in front of the Depository to the North curb of Elm, then down towards the railroad yards where people were converging..."Crossfire"..Marrs..p.46

The Oswald "nest" was directly over Shelley's head.To the West of his position is the Grassy Knoll area.

( Shelley told the FBI that TSBD employee and Oswald look-a-like Billy Lovelady was seated on the steps in front of him at the time of the shooting .

Oswald upon being questioned by the DPD after his arrest, reportedly said he encountered Shelley just outside the Depository after the shooting. According to the official version of Oswald's statements, Oswald said he then went home because Shelley told him there would be no more work that day.Shelley denied this,but admitted to being in the right place for this to have occurred.).."The JFK Assassination." Benson..p.236.

2: Truly: Roy Sansom... Superintendant of the Depository, was standing in front of the building , a little West..at the time of the shots... He joined a policeman, Marrion Baker, and showed him the way to the top of the Depository.

Com.Council David Belin: "Where did you think the shots came from?"

Truly:" I thought the shots came from the vicinity (of) the railroad or the WPA project.(pergola or pavillion on the Knoll) , behind the WPA project West of the building ."

Belin:" Did you have any conversation with the officer (Baker: Marrion L.)...about where you thought the shots came from?"

Truly: I said " ... I think we are wasting our time up here," or words to that effect, "I don't believe these shots came from the building ."... Vol.111, 227.

"Truly said after the initial explosion,( he thought it was a firecracker or toy cannon) everything seemed frozen...Then there were two more explosions, and he realized that shots were being fired....He saw the President's car come to a complete stop"...."Crossfire". Marrs...p.27.

"Truly saw Oswald about 90 seconds after the shooting on the Depository's second floor calmly drinking a coke....Truly says it was he who first noticed that Oswald was absent and drew that to the attention of the police."The JFK Assassination.".Benson...p.268

3: Campbell: Ochus Virgil: ...Vice President of the Depository, was standing next to Truly in front of the building. He gave an affidavit to the FBI.

"...I heard shots being fired from a point which I thought was near the railroad tracks located over the viaduct on Elm Street"..VOL. XX11, 638.

4: Wilson; Steven F. ...Vice President of a textbook publishing company, watched from his corner office on the third floor of the Depository ---three floors directly beneath the Oswald ":nest". Wilson said in an FBI affidavit:

"At that time it seemed the shots came from the West end of the building or from the colonade located on Elm Street across from the West end of out building . The shots really did not sound like they came from above me."... VOL; XX11, 685.

He said he heard three shots and that the entire shooting sequence took less than five seconds...

After making these statements above , to the FBI on March 25/64 Wilson was visited repeatedly by the FBI ."I couldn't get any work done.They were always there ."......he said. He refused to change his statement and was not called as a WC..witness. ."JFK Assassination" Benson.

5: Hopson: Mrs.Alvin ( Mary Madeline)..Employee : was looking out of a fourth floor window on the South side of the Depository,( the window would not open.).. facing on Elm Street, during the assassination. Although she was never called by the WC, she was questioned by the FBI, which reported:

"She stated that it did not sound to her like the sounds were coming from her building ....She stated she thought they had been set off on the street below, and she saw people on the street running toward the underpass and the railroad tracks." ... VOL; XX1V, 521.

6: Davis: Mrs.Charles Thomas ( Avery): (Steps).....was standing on the steps of the Depository, where she worked, when she heard "three explosions".

She told the FBI, "I did not know from which direction the shots had come, but thought they were from the direction of the viaduct which crosses Elm Street West from where I was standing." ..VOL; XX11, 642.

7: Garner: Dorothy Ann .. was watching the motorcade from a fourth floor window in the Depository when she heard the shots.

She said in an FBI affidavit, "I thought at the time the shots or reports came from a point to the West of the building." ...VOL; XX11, 648.

8: Kounas: Mrs.George Andrew (Dolores Arlene). was outside the Depository, her place of employment,standing near South West corner.. when she heard gunfire. She told the FBI:

"Although I was across the street from the Depository building and was looking in the direction of the building as the motorcade passed and following the shots. I did not look up at the building as I had thought the shots came from a westerly direction in the vicinity of the viaduct."... VOL; XX11, 659.

9: Williams;Otis Neville,(Steps):.. Book Depository's credit manager, who was standing on the steps of the building when the assassination occurred. told the FBI that he heard.

" three loud blasts" and that " I thought these blasts or shots came from the direction of the viaduct which crosses Elm Street." VOL; XX11, 683.

10: Adams;Victoria Elizabeth ..was watching from a pair of windows on the fourth floor of the Book Depository, where she worked. The alleged assassin's window was two floors above her and to her left : The Grassy Knoll was below and to her right.

Testifying about the source of the shots, she said.

"....It seemed as if it came from the right below, rather than from the left above..".VOL; VI, 338.

11: Billy Lovelady: (Steps):...an employee of the Depository,( had been assigned to lay plywood flooring on the sixth floor that day.."Crossfire"..Marrs)....who at the time of the assassination was standing on the steps at the entrance to the building, was questioned by the Commission Counsel Joseph Ball:

Ball:.."Where was the direction of the sound?"

Lovelady:.."Right there areound that concrete little deal on that knoll..."

Ball:..."How did you happen to go down there.?"

Lovelady..."because everybody was running...toward that way: everybody thought it was coming from that direction."...VOL: V1,338-9.

Lovelady told the FBI, " I did not at any time believe the shots had come from the Texas School Depository Building." ..VOL:XX11, 662.

12: Arce; Danny Garcia ...Employee..part of floor laying crew..who was standing in front of the Depository, near Truly and Campbell.where he worked, he testified:

"I thought (the shots) came from the railroad tracks to the West of the Texas School Depository ."..VOL:V!, 365.

13: Frazier; Buell Wesley ( Steps):...the Depository employee who had driven Oswald to work that morning, was standing on the steps of the Depository building. He testified:

"Well to be frank with you I thought it came from down there, you know, where that underpass is. There is a series, quite a few number, of them railroad tracks running together and from where I was standing it sounded like it was coming from down the railroad tracks there"..VOL:11, 234.

14: Molina: Joseph Rodriquez: ( Steps) :...was standing on the steps of the Depository building. He was interviewed by the Commission:

Ball:..."Where---what was the source of this sound.?"

Molina:..."sort of kind of came from the West side.....I didn't want to think what was happening ....but I wanted to find out so I went down there to where the grassy slope is..."...VOL:V1, 371-2.

15: Baker: Mrs.Donald , "Virgie" (nee Rachley)..TSBD bookeeper... who had been standing at the South-Western corner of the Depository----at the end of the building nearest the Grassy Knoll---testified that she heard shots after the President's car passed the building.

Liebeler:.."Did you have any idea where they were coming from?."

Mrs.Baker.." Well, the way it sounded...there was a railroad track that runs behind the building...so I guess it would be by the underpass....as well as I can remember now, back there, and we all ran to the plaza.."

Liebeler:.."And you say there are some railroad tracks back in there....immediately behind Dealey Plaza away from Elm Street....and is that where you thought the shots came from.?"

Mrs.Baker: "Yes."...VOL;.V11, 510-1

16: Jarman James Jr:."Junior"..a Depository employee, ( floor laying crew) was on the fifth floor of the building ( one floor below the "snipers nest") watching the motorcade from the Southeast windows.( Photos of the Depository taken seconds after the shooting show Jarman's two friends looking out the windows, but Jarman is nowhere to be seen.)..

He thought the shots came from below, near the motorcade..VOL:111, 204.

Jarman was standing with two other employees, Bonnie Ray Williams and Harold Norman, both of whom testified that they heard shots from above them. Upon hearing the shots however, the immediate reaction of all three men was to run to the West side of the building, not upstairs.

"We saw the policeman and people running....There are some tracks on the West side of the building, railroad tracks. They were running towards that way and so we all ran that way."...VOL:111, 175.

17: Bonnie Ray Williams:..(floor laying crew ) was later questioned by Commissioner Gerald Ford:

Ford:.." Why didn't you go up to the sixth floor ?".

Williams: "I really don't know. We just never did think about it."..VOL:.III, 177.

Also: Information from "The Assassinations: Dallas and Beyond."

Scott:Hoch:& Stetler..

MISSING FROM ROLL CALL AT THE TSBD..

Jack Charles Cason - President of School Book

Depositary - left the building at 12:10 p.m. and went home. (VOL:22:P 640)

Gloria Jean Holt - clerk at TSBD - did not return after shooting.

(VOL:19:P.526) (VOL:22:P.652)

Sharon Simmons Nelson, Secretary, (VOL:19:P.256;VOL: 22-P.665) did not return.

Bonnie Richey, Secretary, (VOL22:P.671) did not return.

Carolyn Arnold (VOL:22:P.635) did not return.

Mrs. Donald Baker, Clerk, did not return (VOL:22:P.635)

Judy Marie Johnson (VOL22:P.256) did not return.

Mrs. Stella Mae Jacob (VOL:22:P.665) did not return.

Charles Givens did not come back.

Virginia H. Brnum - McGraw-Hill employee does not return (VOL:22:P.636)

Vida Lee Whatley, Clerk, does not return.(VOL:22:P.680)

Warren Caster (VOL;22:P.641;VOL 26:P.738) eating lunch in Denton.

Spauldin "Pud" Jones (VOL:22:P.658) eating lunch at Blue Front with Herbert

Junker (another McMillan employee) (22:659)

Mrs. Helen Palmer, clerk, (VOL:22:P.666) not present was at Love Field.

Franklin Kaiser - was absent from work on 11/22.(VOL:6:P.342), (VOL:23:P.751)

Vicki Davis, employee, was absent.

Dottie Lovelady, employee, was absent.

Mrs. Rudell Parsons, employee, was absent.

Joe Bergen, Scott Foresman, absent.

Maury Brown, McGraw-Hill, absent.

John Langston, absent.

Now how did Truly take an accurate roll call?

People on floors:

7th - 0

6th - 1

5th - 4

4th - 8

3rd - 4

2nd - 2

1st - 3

Bernice Moore

B.. :D

Edited by Bernice Moore

whatever

THE OVERPASS FOURTEEN,

None of the above were part of the ten closest witnesses.

Bill Miller

whatever

THE OVERPASS FOURTEEN,

None of the above were part of the ten closest witnesses.

Bill Miller

Few were closer than the unidentified blond BRONSON TWINS.

Also, Cheryl McKinnon was a close witness.

Did anybody mention the umbrellaman and Cuban? How about

the Chisms and the shoeshine man? How about the two youths

in jackets behind the Chisms. How about the Franzens and

the ginandtonicman? Nobody mentioned BJ Martin.

And nobody mentioned the difference in depositions and giving

testimony in Washington. Jean Hill was deposed in Dallas, and

according to her, the written version was changed from what

she actually said.

Lots more

Jack

Edited by Jack White

she actually said.

Lots more

Jack

Jack,

Just out of curiousity, has anyone identified the man who is standing on the grassy knoll past the steps and at the very far left edge of the large black-and-white photo you posted? The man I'm referring to is barely visible.

Thanks, Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

she actually said.

Lots more

Jack

Jack,

Just out of curiousity, has anyone identified the man who is standing on the grassy knoll past the steps and at the very far left edge of the large black-and-white photo you posted? The man I'm referring to is barely visible.

Thanks, Thomas

I don't know for sure, sorry.

Jack

Edited by Jack White

Jack,

Thanks, Thomas

I don't know for sure, sorry.

Jack

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Jack,

Do you know anyone in the research community who might know who who this guy is? (Ahem.. Lee? James?)

--Thomas

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Edited by Thomas Graves