The Education Forum

The Cold War and the Assassination of JFK

Part 15: Who Killed JFK?

Soon after I established my website on the JFK assassination I began receiving emails from people who I had written about. This is not very surprising. It is common for people to type in their names into a Google search-engine. As a result of the Google ranking-system, they soon find their way to my web page on them. This results in a period of negotiation. They are concerned about what I have written. They are also usually unhappy with my sources section where I quote what others have said about them. Although I am not willing to remove these sources, I do offer these people the right of reply. These people have provided me with a great deal of information (including documents and photographs).

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKindex.htm

As well as witnesses and suspects, I have also been contacted by researchers, historians and members of the secret services. These people have provided me with a great deal of information about the case. So also have friends and relatives of people involved in the case who are now dead.

Are they telling me the truth? No, not all of them. But some are. After reading what they have had to say, I have come to the following conclusion.

I believe the assassination of JFK was organized by David Morales, a CIA agent based in Miami. Morales recruited people who had worked for him in anti-Castro operations (1960-63). This included people from Alpha 66 and Interpen. Those named include John Martino, Herminio Diaz Garcia, Eladio del Valle, Tony Cuesta, Virgilio Gonzalez, Eugenio Martinez, Felipe Vidal Santiago, Roy Hargraves, Steve Wilson, Gerry Hemming and Rip Robertson (biographies of all these men are on my website).

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKmorales.htm

This team not only killed JFK, they also eliminated some important witnesses. They also planted information that implicated others in the conspiracy. The plotters did this for two reasons: (1) To guarantee that these people implicated would do all they could to cover up the crime. (2) To create confusion for those investigating the crime.

For example, it was arranged for Mac Wallace to be in Dallas on 22nd November, 1963. After the assassination an unidentified fingerprint at the "sniper's nest" in the Texas Book Depository. It was not until 1998 that this fingerprint was discovered to have belonged to Wallace. As I said earlier, Wallace was the contract killer of the people associated with LBJ.

The plotters also left evidence around that implicated the CIA, the FBI and the Secret Service. All three organizations therefore took part in the cover up. They also implicated the Mafia by arranging for some of those who had been part of Executive Action to be in Dallas that day. This strategy was very successful and since the 1970s the Mafia has been seen as the organizers of the assassination. In recent years, evidence has emerged that the people surrounding LBJ were also responsible.

There has also been evidence discovered that links the assassination to General Walker and the John Birch Society in Texas. Other information linked the plot to the American Communist Party and the Civil Rights Movement. Also implicated were the governments of the Soviet Union and Cuba. This has resulted in hundreds of books written about the case arguing strongly for different people being responsible for the assassination.

It needs to be pointed out that this was not a CIA operation. Morales was employed by someone else to carry out this task. Morales died in 1978 and does not appear to have talked. Some of my informants believe that Morales was recruited by his boss at the CIA, David Attlee Phillips. Personally, I think this is unlikely.

Phillips testified before the House Select Committee on Assassinations in April, 1978. He denied being involved in the assassination. Of course, he would say that wouldn’t he. However, just before his death Phillips told Kevin Walsh, an investigator with the House Select Committee on Assassinations: "My final take on the assassination is there was a conspiracy, likely including American intelligence officers." Would he have said that if he was part of the plot?

David Atlee Phillips died of cancer on 7th July, 1988. He left behind an unpublished manuscript. The novel is about a CIA officer who lived in Mexico City. In the novel the character states: "I was one of those officers who handled Lee Harvey Oswald... We gave him the mission of killing Fidel Castro in Cuba... I don't know why he killed Kennedy. But I do know he used precisely the plan we had devised against Castro. Thus the CIA did not anticipate the president's assassination, but it was responsible for it. I share that guilt."

Phillips is explaining in the novel what really happened. However, I suspect he knew that Morales organized the assassination. He probably knew who ordered the assassination. But like Morales, he never talked.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKphillips.htm

Who then did order the assassination? The best way of finding an answer to this question is to look closely at the people and organisations implicated by the team run by David Morales. In theory, they can be eliminated from the investigation.

Another clue concerns what happened after the assassination. Those involved believed that the reason for this plot was that after the assassination, LBJ would order the invasion of Cuba. In fact, this was never the objective. It was part of the overall conspiracy to keep Castro in power. The presence of a communist state so close to the United States helped to reinforce the communist threat and the need for massive arms spending.

The Cubans would obviously feel betrayed when they realised Castro would not be toppled. Those Cubans who knew anything about the assassination had to be got rid of. In the period after the assassination of JFK the Cubans involved were sent on missions to Cuba where they were killed. (They were probably set up and information on their whereabouts given to the Cuban secret service). This is what happened to Cuesta. While in captivity he realised that he had been betrayed. This is why he decided to tell Fabian Escalante what happened.

A few Cubans remained. Some of these were the victims of hit men (who had no idea why they were killing them). Some managed to survive. Why? Maybe because they took out insurance. They let it be known that they had documented what happened. This information has been placed with lawyers, solicitors, etc., only to be opened in event of a suspicious death.

Let us return to the first source I provided in this seminar. I believe it was the Military Industrial Complex that ordered the assassination of JFK. It was a great success. It achieved all its objectives. Rather than the end of the Cold War they got the Vietnam War and a rapid increase in arms spending.

What was the name of the man who ordered it? My belief it was John McCone, the Military Industrial Complex’s representative in government.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKmccone.htm

Part 15: Who Killed JFK?

Soon after I established my website on the JFK assassination I began receiving emails from people who I had written about. This is not very surprising. It is common for people to type in their names into a Google search-engine. As a result of the Google ranking-system, they soon find their way to my web page on them. This results in a period of negotiation. They are concerned about what I have written. They are also usually unhappy with my sources section where I quote what others have said about them. Although I am not willing to remove these sources, I do offer these people the right of reply. These people have provided me with a great deal of information (including documents and photographs).

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKindex.htm

As well as witnesses and suspects, I have also been contacted by researchers, historians and members of the secret services. These people have provided me with a great deal of information about the case. So also have friends and relatives of people involved in the case who are now dead.

Are they telling me the truth? No, not all of them. But some are. After reading what they have had to say, I have come to the following conclusion.

I believe the assassination of JFK was organized by David Morales, a CIA agent based in Miami. Morales recruited people who had worked for him in anti-Castro operations (1960-63). This included people from Alpha 66 and Interpen. Those named include John Martino, Herminio Diaz Garcia, Eladio del Valle, Tony Cuesta, Virgilio Gonzalez, Eugenio Martinez, Felipe Vidal Santiago, Roy Hargraves, Steve Wilson, Gerry Hemming and Rip Robertson (biographies of all these men are on my website).

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKmorales.htm

This team not only killed JFK, they also eliminated some important witnesses. They also planted information that implicated others in the conspiracy. The plotters did this for two reasons: (1) To guarantee that these people implicated would do all they could to cover up the crime. (2) To create confusion for those investigating the crime. 

For example, it was arranged for Mac Wallace to be in Dallas on 22nd November, 1963. After the assassination an unidentified fingerprint at the "sniper's nest" in the Texas Book Depository. It was not until 1998 that this fingerprint was discovered to have belonged to Wallace. As I said earlier, Wallace was the contract killer of the people associated with LBJ.

The plotters also left evidence around that implicated the CIA, the FBI and the Secret Service.  All three organizations therefore took part in the cover up. They also implicated the Mafia by arranging for some of those who had part of Executive Action to be in Dallas that day. This strategy was very successful and since the 1970s the Mafia has been seen as the organizers of the assassination. In recent years, evidence has emerged that the people surrounding LBJ were also responsible.

There has also been evidence discovered linking the assassination to General Walker and the John Birch Society in Texas. Other information linked the plot to the American Communist Party and the Civil Rights Movement. Also implicated were the governments of the Soviet Union and Cuba. This has resulted in hundreds of books written about the case arguing strongly for different people being responsible for the assassination.

It needs to be pointed out that this was not a CIA operation. Morales was employed by someone else to carry out this task. Morales died in 1978 and does not appear to have talked. Some of my informants believe that Morales was recruited by his boss at the CIA, David Attlee Phillips. Personally, I think this is unlikely.

Phillips testified before the House Select Committee on Assassinations in April, 1978. He denied being involved in the assassination. Of course, he would say that wouldn’t he. However, just before his death Phillips told Kevin Walsh, an investigator with the House Select Committee on Assassinations: "My final take on the assassination is there was a conspiracy, likely including American intelligence officers." Would he have said that if he was part of the plot?

David Atlee Phillips died of cancer on 7th July, 1988. He left behind an unpublished manuscript. The novel is about a CIA officer who lived in Mexico City. In the novel the character states: "I was one of those officers who handled Lee Harvey Oswald... We gave him the mission of killing Fidel Castro in Cuba... I don't know why he killed Kennedy. But I do know he used precisely the plan we had devised against Castro. Thus the CIA did not anticipate the president's assassination, but it was responsible for it. I share that guilt."

Phillips is explaining in the novel what really happened. However, I suspect he knew that Morales organized the assassination. He probably knew who ordered the assassination. But like Morales, he never talked.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKphillips.htm

Who then did order the assassination? The best way of finding an answer to this question is to look closely at the people and organisations implicated by the team run by David Morales. In theory, they can be eliminated from the investigation.

Another clue concerns what happened after the assassination. Those involved believed that the reason for this plot was that after the assassination, LBJ would order the invasion of Cuba. In fact, this was never the objective. It was part of the overall conspiracy to keep Castro in power. The presence of a communist state so close to the United States helped to reinforce the communist threat and the need for massive arms spending.

The Cubans would obviously feel betrayed when they realised Castro would not be toppled. Those Cubans who knew anything about the assassination had to be got rid of. In the period after the assassination of JFK the Cubans involved were sent on missions to Cuba where they were killed. (They were probably set up). This is what happened to Cuesta. While in captivity he realised what had happened. They was why he decided to tell Fabian Escalante what happened.

A few Cubans remained. Some of these were the victims of hit men (who had no idea why they were killing them). Some managed to survive. Why? Maybe because they took out insurance. They let it be known that they had documented what happened. This information has been placed with lawyers, solicitors, etc., only to be opened in event of a suspicious death. 

Let us return to the first source I provided in this seminar. I believe it was the Military Industrial Complex that ordered the assassination of JFK. It was a great success. It achieved all its objectives. Rather than the end of the Cold War they got the Vietnam War and a rapid increase in arms spending.

What was the name of the man who ordered it? My belief it was John McCone, the Military Industrial Complex’s representative in government.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKmccone.htm

John... mostly excellent, but I disagree on several points:

ALLEN DULLES, McCone's predecessor, was likely the partner of LBJ and Hoover at the top of the plot. Dulles had been FIRED BY JFK, and had a personal motive. IMO, Dulles-LBJ-Hoover-Nixon topped the coup hierarchy. McCone was a NEWCOMER to the scene.

DAVID ATLEE PHILLIPS was recruited by Dulles, along with E. Howard Hunt, to handle the operational details. Phillips had long been a close associate of Dulles, not McCone. Phillips, Hunt and Dulles were involved in the Cuban operation, not McCone. Phillips was the agency controller of LHO, and likely even recruited him as a child (both were from the same neighborhood in Fort Worth. (see pages 95-96 TGZFH).

The Phillips novel manuscript was likely a ploy to DISTANCE HIMSELF from the assassination.

Jack :)

John... mostly excellent, but I disagree on several points:

ALLEN DULLES, McCone's predecessor, was likely the partner of LBJ and Hoover at the top of the plot. Dulles had been FIRED BY JFK, and had a personal motive. IMO, Dulles-LBJ-Hoover-Nixon topped the coup hierarchy. McCone was a NEWCOMER to the scene.

DAVID ATLEE PHILLIPS was recruited by Dulles, along with E. Howard Hunt, to handle the operational details. Phillips had long been a close associate of Dulles, not McCone. Phillips, Hunt and Dulles were involved in the Cuban operation, not McCone. Phillips was the agency controller of LHO, and likely even recruited him as a child (both were from the same neighborhood in Fort Worth. (see pages 95-96 TGZFH).

The Phillips novel manuscript was likely a ploy to DISTANCE HIMSELF from the assassination.

Jack :)

Of course this is pure speculation on my part. It is based not only on the evidence but an analysis of the psychology of Phillips. I believe that if Phillips had been involved he would have continued to deny any links with the assassination. This is how he behaved right up to shortly before his death. Was the interview with Kevin Walsh just a case of him getting sloppy? I don’t think so. He was sending out a message. Of course, he was an expert in psychological warfare. Was this his last attempt to fool the public?

From my contacts with people who are suspected of being involved in the assassination, I sense a great need to confess. This is partly because the want people to know how clever they were (in fact the whole operation was very clever although some of the set ups were done in a very amateurish way). There is another reason for this. I think they have a desire that the truth be known. I suspect that it is a basic human instinct.

When John McCone was interviewed by J. Lee Rankin on behalf of the Warren Commission, he definitely tried to give the impression that he was an outsider who did not know what was going on inside the CIA. This point was reinforced by McCone having Richard Helms by his side during the interview. In fact, during his testimony, he passed several of the questions onto Helms. Interestingly, later Helms said that McCone’s behaviour before the Warren Commission was an act and that he knew much more than he said.

You may well be right about Dulles. He definitely played an important role in the cover-up (as did Hoover). However, if it was Dulles who had ordered the assassination, I think it would have kept himself out of the frontline of the cover-up. The fact that he was on the Warren Commission suggest to me that he did not order the assassination of JFK. I suspect that all Dulles knew was that the CIA was deeply implicated in the assassination. It was therefore just a natural reaction on his part to cover this up. I think the same goes for LBJ and Hoover.

• 3 months later...

Tony Cuesta is an interesting figure in this case. Cuesto was a successful businessman in Havana in the 1950s. He was opposed to the government of Fidel Castro and moved to the United States where he helped to establish two anti-Castro exile groups: Alpha 66 and Commandos Liberty. He worked closely with Eddie Bayo, who was later involved in Operation Tilt.

Some people believe that Cuesta was involved in the assassination of JFK. Like most anti-Castro terrorists, Cuesta was determined not to be taken alive. When it became clear that there was no way out he attempted suicide by setting off a grenade, which blinded him and blew off his right hand. Cuesta spent a long time in hospital as a result of his serious injuries. It was during this time that Cuesta realised he had been set up. It was obviously in the interests of the people who organized the assassination of JFK to get rid of all those who knew what had taken place.

In 1978 President Jimmy Carter arranged for a group of imprisoned exiles to be released. This included Cuesta. Just before leaving the country, Cuesta asked to see General Fabian Escalante, the head of Cuba's G-2 Spy Agency. Cuesta told Escalante that he had been involved in the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. He also named Herminio Diaz Garcia and Eladio del Valle as being involved in the conspiracy. Cuesta asked Escalante not to make this information "made public because I am returning to my family in Miami - and this could be very dangerous."

Cuesta returned to Miami and died in 1994. The following year, Wayne Smith, chief of the Centre for International Policy in Washington, arranged a meeting on the assassination of John F. Kennedy, in Nassau, Bahamas. Others in attendance were: Gaeton Fonzi, Dick Russell, Noel Twyman, Anthony Summers, Peter Dale Scott, Jeremy Gunn, John Judge, Andy Kolis, Peter Kornbluh, Mary and Ray LaFontaine, Jim Lesar, John Newman, Alan Rogers, Russ Swickard, Ed Sherry, and Gordon Winslow.

Some high-level Cuban officials attended the conference. This included Fabian Escalante, Carlos Lechuga, former Cuban diplomat, and Arturo Rodriguez, a State Security official. Escalante revealed details of Cuesta's confession.

Eladio del Valle was murdered on 22nd February, 1967. He had been shot in the heart. He died only hours after his friend, David Ferrie. Diego Gonzales Tendera, a close friend, later claimed de Valle was murdered because of his involvement in the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. If we could find out who killed Eladio del Valle, we would discover the name of the person who was in charge of the clean-up operation. I believe this man is still alive and living in exile.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKcuesto.htm

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKgarciaH.htm

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKeladio.htm

This is what Fabian Escalante told the JFK Historians Conference on 7th December, 1995.

Eladio Del Valle worked for two police services - military intelligence and the traditional police. He was in charge of narcotics. He was also a legislature in the government - a representative. He was from a little town from the south of Havana. He was a captain in the merchant marines. In 1958 he was doing business dealings with Santos Trafficante in a little coastal town south of Havana. There he brought in contraband whose destination was Santos Trafficante. When the revolution triumphed, he went to Miami. Eladio Del Valle went to Miami. He settled in Miami, we don't know the address and he allied himself with Rolando Masferrer and other Batista supporters and they formed an organization called the Anti Communist Cuban Liberation Movement. From that moment on, Eladio was involved in many project against Cuba. But as I told you yesterday, we managed to penetrate this organization. And we came to know of a lot of projects, efforts, for an invasion of Cuba in secret. In order to provide arms to internal rebel groups, they needed David Ferrie as the pilot on these flights. In 1962 Eladio Del Valle tried to infiltrate Cuba with a commando group of 22 men but their boat had an English key - a little island. In the middle of 1962. Of course, we knew this. I tell you about this, because one of our agents who was one of the people helping to bring this group to Cuba, was a man of very little education. They talked English on many occasions on this little island with Eladio Del Valle told this person, on many occasions, that Kennedy must be killed to solve the Cuban problem. After that we had another piece of information on Eladio Del Valle. This was offered to us by Tony Cuesta. He told us that Eladio Del Valle was one of the people involved in the assassination plot against Kennedy. As you know, he was taken prisoner and he was very thankful to be taken back - he was blind.

He asked that this information not be public. I am only saying it here, because he is already dead. It is finished. We didn't have any other kind of information to give. There are some things you must respect. He gave us this information and in 1978 we didn't know if it was true or not. In 1978, we were not aware of the participation of Eladio Del Valle. We didn't know who he was. Remember that I explained to you yesterday that when the Select Committee when they came to Havana - they didn't give us any specific information. They just came to question us. We didn't know the relationships.