The Education Forum

"Castro, Kennedy and the hero who apparently linked the two"

Good Day....

http://www.baltimoresun.com/features/lifes...-artslife-today

<QUOTE>

Castro, Kennedy and the hero who apparently linked the two

Liz Smith

Last Saturday was a big day in Cuba for the ailing Fidel Castro and for his Lt. Cmdr. Juan Almeida, head of the army and famed hero of the revolution. It was the last day of Fidel's 80th birthday celebration, also the anniversary of the start of the Cuban revolution. (Fidel was actually born Aug. 13, 1926.)

The Cubans are now frantically at work erecting a top-secret mausoleum for Castro. With brother Raul in charge, the question is whether Fidel will ever resume control of his government.

I wrote on Sept. 22 about Almeida, who has been revealed as a CIA agent in direct contact with JFK/RFK people in 1963. They were trying to overthrow Castro just before President Kennedy was assassinated. Castro evidently forgave Almeida. Cubans in Florida are very interested in the commander, but the official press in Cuba keeps silent about Almeida's secret work for the U.S.

After my story appeared, Gen. Fabian Escalante, once head of Cuban State Security, responded: "This information must be an active measure of the CIA. It's a dirty trick. There is no degree of certainty in this. I thought this book would have better arguments."

The book he refers to is by writer Lamar Waldron. It is titled Ultimate Sacrifice and gives us explosive new FBI information about the confession of Louisiana godfather Carlos Marcello, the man behind JFK's assassination.

Personally, I find Waldron's arguments excellent. It's the CIA, the FBI and the Cuban government that have dummied up. Neither Waldron nor I work for any government agency as the Cuban General suggests. And it is journalist Waldron who brings all this to public attention after spending more than 18 years researching and writing his story.

Waldron has hot info fresh from the National Archives. It tells us that mob boss Marcello met with Lee Harvey Oswald and that he set up Jack Ruby in the Dallas nightclub business. Congress determined back in 1979 that Marcello had the motive and means to have the president killed. The FBI files reveal hundreds of hours of Marcello speaking from prison. They taped his cell. These tapes haven't been released and are unknown to historians and journalists, until now.

An informant who knew Marcello in prison told the FBI this: "Marcello seemed to be very upset about the Kennedys. ... He told me and my friend about a meeting with Oswald." Although Marcello denied to the FBI that he knew either Oswald or Ruby, he told his prison friend something quite different.

Marcello said Ruby was "good to have around to report to me." And he indicated he could get away with whatever he wanted in Dallas.

The FBI had much information on Marcello, but it was author John Davis who named Marcello's involvement in JFK's death. The FBI, however, seemed determined to keep Marcello's confessions suppressed. Bobby Kennedy certainly knew Marcello had killed his brother, but he could not act because that would have exposed the secret U.S. plan with Almeida to overthrow Castro. By the spring of 1968, Bobby Kennedy was beginning to work with journalists on exposing Marcello. He was then assassinated.

The JFK-Almeida coup plan, called AMWorld, was first written about in this very column. But, hey, it's all so complicated, maybe nobody cares anymore who or why the Kennedys were killed and why the FBI dragged its feet and that the Castro government today protects a military man who was closely involved in all of it.

[Tribune Media Services]

<END QUOTE>

Best Regards in Research,

Don

Don Roberdeau

U.S.S. John F. Kennedy, CV-67, "Big John," Plank Walker

Sooner, or later, the Truth emerges Clearly

ROSEMARY WILLIS Ultrafast Headsnap Westward Towards the "Grassy Knoll"

Dealey Plaza Professionally Surveyed Map of JFK, Photographers, Witnesses, Suspected Trajectories, Evidence, and Important Information

WILMA BOND Photos Do Not Timestamp GORDON ARNOLD

Don Roberdeau AOL Homepage

T ogether

E veryone

A chieves

M ore

TEAMWORK.gif

DHS3elevatedYELLOW.gif

Good Day....

http://www.baltimoresun.com/features/lifes...-artslife-today

<QUOTE>

Castro, Kennedy and the hero who apparently linked the two

Liz Smith

Last Saturday was a big day in Cuba for the ailing Fidel Castro and for his Lt. Cmdr. Juan Almeida, head of the army and famed hero of the revolution. It was the last day of Fidel's 80th birthday celebration, also the anniversary of the start of the Cuban revolution. (Fidel was actually born Aug. 13, 1926.)

The Cubans are now frantically at work erecting a top-secret mausoleum for Castro. With brother Raul in charge, the question is whether Fidel will ever resume control of his government.

I wrote on Sept. 22 about Almeida, who has been revealed as a CIA agent in direct contact with JFK/RFK people in 1963. They were trying to overthrow Castro just before President Kennedy was assassinated. Castro evidently forgave Almeida. Cubans in Florida are very interested in the commander, but the official press in Cuba keeps silent about Almeida's secret work for the U.S.

After my story appeared, Gen. Fabian Escalante, once head of Cuban State Security, responded: "This information must be an active measure of the CIA. It's a dirty trick. There is no degree of certainty in this. I thought this book would have better arguments."

The book he refers to is by writer Lamar Waldron. It is titled Ultimate Sacrifice and gives us explosive new FBI information about the confession of Louisiana godfather Carlos Marcello, the man behind JFK's assassination.

Personally, I find Waldron's arguments excellent. It's the CIA, the FBI and the Cuban government that have dummied up. Neither Waldron nor I work for any government agency as the Cuban General suggests. And it is journalist Waldron who brings all this to public attention after spending more than 18 years researching and writing his story.

Waldron has hot info fresh from the National Archives. It tells us that mob boss Marcello met with Lee Harvey Oswald and that he set up Jack Ruby in the Dallas nightclub business. Congress determined back in 1979 that Marcello had the motive and means to have the president killed. The FBI files reveal hundreds of hours of Marcello speaking from prison. They taped his cell. These tapes haven't been released and are unknown to historians and journalists, until now.

An informant who knew Marcello in prison told the FBI this: "Marcello seemed to be very upset about the Kennedys. ... He told me and my friend about a meeting with Oswald." Although Marcello denied to the FBI that he knew either Oswald or Ruby, he told his prison friend something quite different.

Marcello said Ruby was "good to have around to report to me." And he indicated he could get away with whatever he wanted in Dallas.

The FBI had much information on Marcello, but it was author John Davis who named Marcello's involvement in JFK's death. The FBI, however, seemed determined to keep Marcello's confessions suppressed. Bobby Kennedy certainly knew Marcello had killed his brother, but he could not act because that would have exposed the secret U.S. plan with Almeida to overthrow Castro. By the spring of 1968, Bobby Kennedy was beginning to work with journalists on exposing Marcello. He was then assassinated.

The JFK-Almeida coup plan, called AMWorld, was first written about in this very column. But, hey, it's all so complicated, maybe nobody cares anymore who or why the Kennedys were killed and why the FBI dragged its feet and that the Castro government today protects a military man who was closely involved in all of it.

[Tribune Media Services]

<END QUOTE>

Best Regards in Research,

Don

Don Roberdeau

U.S.S. John F. Kennedy, CV-67, "Big John," Plank Walker

Sooner, or later, the Truth emerges Clearly

ROSEMARY WILLIS Ultrafast Headsnap Westward Towards the "Grassy Knoll"

Dealey Plaza Professionally Surveyed Map of JFK, Photographers, Witnesses, Suspected Trajectories, Evidence, and Important Information

WILMA BOND Photos Do Not Timestamp GORDON ARNOLD

Don Roberdeau AOL Homepage

T ogether

E veryone

A chieves

M ore

TEAMWORK.gif

DHS3elevatedYELLOW.gif

You and John both scampered to the forum with this interesting article:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...5360&st=195

I recall reading that Liz Smith was a gov't mouthpiece who's mentor was the bizarre Walter Winchell. But I can't find the source right now, so take that with a grain of salt.