The Education Forum

The Terrible Twins of Prescience

What that timeline doesn't say is that the facility in Hershey, Pennsylvania is the Penn State Hershey Medical Center, Penn State having 20 campuses all over Pennsylvania, including the Delaware County campus in Philadelphia.

Ashton

Ashton,

If memory serves me correctly, the alliance between the Hershey Medical Center and Penn State is a relatively recent event -- perhaps the mid-late 1990's... I don't know with whom, if anybody, HMC was aligned prior to that. Again, going from memory, various medicare/medicade reimbursement changes in the early 90's hit a number of hospitals very hard. Many had to reduce force, some closed, others merged as a result. I believe that this was the impetus for the eventual merger and association with Penn State.

What you have to do is check the hospital contracts from the 1960s -

The Army Inspector General's Report on the Use of Human Subjects in Chemical Agent Research" circa `1975 - has a list of contracted institutions.

There's also two other Penn State connections to the JFK Assassination - the attendance there of one Julio Fernandez, Jr., the son of the editor and publisher of a Cuban newspaper in exile - whose family lived near Penn State.

I believe JR. is possibly the "Julio Fernandez" of Clare Luce Booth fame, and attendee at the conference of of Cuban exile journalists at University of Miami in the summer of 1963, which lasted more than a week.

Julio Jr. was an art student at Penn State, which I didn't think much of until I learned that in the fall of 1963 - Sir Anthony Blunt, Surveyor of the Queens Pictures, accepted an invitation to visit the art school of this relatively obscure (other than its football team) university set in the backwoods of Pennsylvana.

I'm sure if Gus Russo or Waldron knew of these two facts, the possible meeting in an art class of a deep cover KGB double-agent in place and the anti-Castro Cuban terrorist who became entwined in the assassination, it could be twisted to imply a covert KGB hand in these affairs. Certainly another coincidence.

I would like to learn more about the conference of Cuban journalists in exile at the UM - JMWAVE - July-August 1963.

And when I said that a Joint Chronology Project should be undertaken to combine all known JFK assassination chronolgies into one computer program, I didn't expect some small group of annonymous teckies doing it, and selectively feeding us back packaged information - I expected the entire program to be shared by everybody.

BK

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More information has turned up on "the other Gladys Palmer," the one from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the one who worked cheek-by-jowl with Allen Dulles's sister Eleanor, the one connected with the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania (and anyone who hasn't gone to that link and studied the alumni list has no idea what they are missing).

And this is one of those infuriatingly strange cases where the more one finds out, the less one seems to know. In other words, the "answers" are so thoroughly vague and incomplete that it almost has to be by design, not chance. But the "coincidences" that have turned up in timelining what little is known simply must be added here.

Before I post this, though, while I'm not one for gratuitous melodrama, I recommend that if you're reading what follows at night, you leave a light on.

Briefly to revisit the bizarre overlaps and overlays that started this thread, concerning two purported predictions of the assassination of John F. Kennedy, both at the same mental health facility at Jackson, Louisiana, both within hours of each other, and how the name "Gladys Palmer" fits in:

• First, there is the case of Rose Cheramie (or Cherami):
    Found unconsciousness by the side of the road at Eunice, Louisiana, on 20 or 21 (disputed) November 1963 and taken the state hospital in Jackson, Louisiana—stay tuned. Cheramie told doctors and nurses at the Jackson mental facility that she had been thrown out of a car by two gangsters who worked for Jack Ruby. She claimed that the men were involved in a plot to kill John F. Kennedy.
    Now compare the story of one Gladys Palmer:
    Palmer was a resident of Jackson, Louisiana who supposedly had been employed by Jack Ruby in Dallas. On or about 8 November 1963 ("two weeks before the assassination), Palmer reportedly drove herself in a black Lincoln Continental to the state hospital in Jackson, purportedly for "treatment of alcoholism." Then two hours prior to the assassination, on 22 November 1963, Gladys Palmer reportedly said, "This is the day of the President's assassination."

But there is this other Gladys Palmer, the Philadelphia Gladys Palmer, that I've now gotten further information on—such as it is—in an exported text timeline format. I'm going to lay this little chronology out here, not in the terse data-data-data format I got it in, but with some comment and exposition of my own, starting with this narrative about the beginnings of the unit Gladys Parker worked in at the Wharton School.

So walk with me, if you will, way back in the Wayback Machine, all the way back to 1904.

In 1904, the Carniegie Institution funded a little something called the Station for Experimental Evolution at Cold Spring Harbor, New York—on Long Island. By 1910, Averell Harriman's mother paid for the creation of the Eugenics Record Office. Though created as "a branch of the Galton National Laboratory in London," the Eugenics Record Office was hosted in the United States at the Carnegie-funded Station for Experimental Evolution.

Coming forward to 1921, we find something called the Industrial Research Department (name later changed to Industrial Research Unit) being created at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. It was funded in large part by the Carnegie Corporation—the same dirty "angels" of the eugenics movement with a slightly twisted name. The major Research Associates of the Industrial Research Department during this period, some continuing well up into the 50s and 60s, were C. Canby Balderston, Hiram S. Davis, Eleanor L. Dulles (sister of Allen Dulles), Marion Elderton, W. E. Fisher, Miriam Hussey, George W. Taylor—and our own Gladys L. Palmer. She was made director of the department.

Without getting into the few details that are known about the apparent "research" being carried out by this group up to and through World War II, it had everything to do with demographics and statistics related to population studies in the workforce, with several books published (which can't account for a tithe of the industry that had to be being expended).

Leaping ahead, though, to 1953—after the creation of the CIA and its equally evil twin, Office of Policy Coordination (OPC)—a great deal of curiously related vectors begin to intertwine like vines:

• c. Tuesday, 20 January 1953
    A man named Harold Blauer dies in the New York State Psychiatric Institute of a mescaline derivative, Experimental Agent 1298, that had been given to him first with his reluctant consent, then against his consent. The drugs had been supplied to the psychs in charge through the Department of the Army. The head of CIA at the time is General Walter Bedell Smith—of the U.S. Army.
    Monday, 9 February 1953
    General Walter Bedell Smith, of the U.S. Army, ends his tenure as Director of CIA.
    Monday, 26 February 1953
    Allen Dulles—brother of Eleanor Dulles of the Industrial Research Department at the Wharton School—becomes Director of CIA.
    Monday, 13 April 1953
    CIA Director Allen Dulles authorizes Operation MK-ULTRA, the CIA’s major drug and mind-control program. It is the brainchild of Richard Helms, a high-ranking member of the CIA’s Clandestine Services.
    Thursday, 16 April 1953
    • Lee Harvey Oswald is admitted to "Youth House" in New York City as a truant, and is placed under the jurisdiction and control of psychiatrist Renatus Hartogs for about two weeks.
    • On the same day, President Dwight Eisenhower delivers his "Chance for Peace" address of April 16, 1953, which is "the opening gun of the post-Stalin phase of the Cold War." The speech has been co-authored by C.D. Jackson—a friend of Allen Dulles (and the publisher of Life magazine, who later buys and suppresses the Zapruder film)—and Walt Rostow.
    Thursday, 23 April 1953
    Charles P. Cabell, still an active Air Force officer, is appointed Deputy Director of CIA under Allen Dulles.
    c. July 1953 (specific 1953 dates unknown)
    • The name of the Wharton School's Industrial Research Department (IRD) is changed to Industrial Research Unit (IRU), itself a unit of Wharton's Department of Industry (name later changed to Deparment of Management). Gladys Palmer is appointed as its director. Her unit is provided a grant from the Rockefeller Foundation.
    • Clemard Joseph Charles is Controller General of Haytian [sic] Southern Banana Industry, and travels to London as a Member of the Economic Mission of the Haytian [sic] Government. [NOTE: George DeMohrenschildt had been in Haiti in 1947, the year that Clemard Joseph Charles had been made Controller General of Haytian Southern Banana Industry.]
    • CIA operative Thomas James Devine "resigns" to "go into private business." He is a close associate of George H.W. Bush.
    • George H.W. Bush founds Zapata Oil Company.
    Sunday, 26 July 1953
    Fidel Castro leads 119 rebels in a failed attack on stategically important army barracks in Santiago de Cuba.
    And less than a month later:
    Wednesday, 19 August 1953
    The CIA's Operation AJAX, masterminded by Allen Dulles and Frank Wisner, succeeds in overthrowing and arresting Prime Minister Mossedegh, who had nationalized Iran's oil industry, and the Shah is set up to run Iran.
    Tuesday, 1 c. December 1953
    The CIA establishes operational headquarters in Miami, Florida to begin the overthrow of Jacobo Arbenz Guzman, President of Guatamala. [NOTE: See entries re: United Fruit.]

There are of course many tendrils and offshoots from this tangle circa 1953, but these are some of its trunk vines near the root.

And specifically germane to Gladys Palmer of the Wharton School, it is amazing how little can be found of any record of what she and the Industrial Research Unit were engaged in doing from 1953 until...well, I'm afraid until 1963. Most of the following events, for some strange reason, have vague and disputed dates. And here's where to make sure there's a light on:

• c. early September 1963 (but could be late September)
    Lee Harvey Oswald purportedly visits the home of Louisiana State Representative Reeves Morgan (who also is said to work as "a guard" at East Louisiana State Hospital, a psychiatric institution, in Jackson, Louisiana), supposedly trying to get work. Oswald then purportedly goes to the State Hospital in Jackson to "apply for a job."
    c. early October 1963
    The Industrial Research Unit of the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania deposits some 200 cubic feet of material—which includes a group of 53 cubic feet specifically marked as "related to the research in price, wages, cost, and employment"—in the University of Pennsylvania Archives. The unit's offices are demolished. [NOTE: There is no known record of what became of Gladys Palmer, except this quoted from one source: "There was no successor for [Gladys] Palmer, who was incapacitated by illness prior to her retirement..." Note also that the specifically referenced 53 cubic feet of materials within the 200 cubic feet of materials supposedly put into the university archives has never been found.]
    c. early November 1963
    A woman named Gladys Palmer allegedly drives herself in a black Lincoln Continental to the State Hospital in Jackson, Louisiana and checks into the hospital "for treatment of alcoholism." [NOTE: As the story later turns out, on 22 November 1963, two hours before the assassination, this Gladys Palmer will tell hospital personnel: "This is the day of the president's assassination."
    21 November 1963
    A woman name Rose Cheramie (alias) supposedly is brought to the State Hospital in Jackson, Louisiana the night before the assassination, and at some point predicts the murder of John F. Kennedy.
    c. Wednesday, 1 January 1964
    Herbert R. Northrup is named as Wharton School's chairman of the Department of Industry and new director of the Industrial Research Unit, replacing Gladys Palmer—who apparently has been "incapacitated by illness."

Nighty-night. Sleep tight.

Ashton Gray

Edited by Ashton Gray

Two additional Philadelphia Connections are the Dulles' family Philadelphia Quaker Roots and George DeMohrenschildt's second wife, Dr. De De Wynne Sharples.

Dulles Philadelphia & Quaker Roots

"In May, 1781, Francis Marion and Lighthorse Harry Lee were besieging the fort vainly since they had no artillery. Mrs. Motte came forward with fire arrows and proposed to burn the British out, a maneuver which produced the desired effect.

"Two years before that time a young man had come to Charleston from Dublin by way of Holland. His name was Joseph Dulles, and he had been born in Limerick. His mother came from an old Quaker family of that town. His father, William Dulles, was the son of a Scotch officer of the same name who had fought at the Boyne with William of Orange and settled in Ireland after the peace. William Dulles, the second of the name, died about 1777, leaving his family of three daughters and two sons in straitened circumstances…"

"Langdon Cheves was elected to Congress in 1810 and stayed on in Washington for the most of the next five years. Joseph Heatly Dulles was then at Yale. And in 1812 his father left off business and made himself a home in Philadelphia, near to his two children, and near also to the Quaker atmosphere he had got from his mother and never lost. He had been apparently a happy man that way, a student who enjoyed study for its own sake, an amateur musician of quite sufficient talent to be a member of the old St. Cecilia Society, when, living up to the name, it made music and did not dance to it, as it had been doing since the visit of President Monroe in 1819. That he carried the esteem of Charleston with him is shown in his obituary."

"Joseph Heatly Dulles inherited Goshen plantation from Mrs. Lovell….He had married in 1819 Margaret Welsh of Delaware. She was two years his junior and survived him to reach the age of one hundred years and two months.

"They left eight children whose lives averaged over seventy-four years, and whose robustness of mind and character corresponded to that of their bodies. It was one of these who came in time to be the grandfather of the present Secretary of State of the Untied States."

From "The Dulles Family in South Carolina," By Samuel Gaillard Stoney

A Keepsake published on the occasion of a commencement address by the Honorable John Foster Dulles, Secretary of the State of the Untied States at the University of South Carolina, Monday, the sixth of June, Nineteen Hundred and Fifty-Five. University of South Carolina, Columbia, 1955.

De Wynne Sharples, whose oil man father DeMohrn worked for.

Sharples, Wynne. 1923- Physician. Born in Merion. B.S. Radcliffe College, 1944; M.D. Columbia U., 1951; founder, Mucoviscidosis Foundation, 1954; founder, National Cystic Fibrosis Research Foundation, 1955; founder and president, Cystic Fibrosis Research Institute Pennsylvania, 1960-67; staff physician Temple U. Hospital, 1967-70. Honorary Life Trustee, Temple U. 1988 Residence: Florida.

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. No, no; still active. I think it was in 1952--because I was not married---we still had the partnership. I was visiting Ed Hooker in New York at that particular time, and through him I met my next wife, my last wife.

Mr. JENNER. All right. Now, who was she?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Wynne Sharples.

Mr. JENNER. She at that time was a student?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. She was just graduating from the medical school at the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University. That was her last year. And she was late in her studies. She was 28 or 29 years old at that time. So she had missed a couple of years, you see. And we fell in love with each other and decided to get married.

Mr. JENNER. Tell me about the Sharples family.

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. The Sharples family is from Philadelphia, Philadelphia Quakers. He is in the centrifugal processing business and also in the oil business. And I had dealings with his nephew for many years.

Mr. JENNER. What is his name?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Butler, Samuel Butler, Jr. He runs the oil end of Mr. Sharples' operations. And they had a small interest in Rangely Field. That is how I got acquainted with Mr. Butler.

So we knew about each other before--my wife's father, and so on and so forth--and--the daughter asked his advice, whether she should marry such an adventurous character like me, and the father said, all right---obviously had sufficient good information from Butler about me. Butler was my best man at the wedding.

Mr. JENNER. Best man at your wedding to Miss Sharples?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Yes; Sam Butler.

There were several ushers. He was one of the ushers. I don't remember who was the best man. My brother was the best man. He was one of ushers. So we got married.

Mr. JENNER. Was the Sharples family wealthy?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Very wealthy.

Mr. JENNER. Socially prominent?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Socially prominent. But not too interested in society, because they are Quakers, you know. But my wife is interested.

Mr. JENNER. She has a nickname?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Yes; Didi.

Mr. JENNER. Some of the people apparently--voluntarily--they know her with that nickname Didi.

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. That is right. We got married, I think, after her graduation immediately in the Unitarian Church in Chestnut Hills.

Mr. JENNER. What is that--a suburb of Philadelphia?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. A suburb of Philadelphia. And she moved to Dallas, and I moved to Dallas, also, from Abilene, where I used to live, so she could continue her work in the medical field, and to take her residence in the hospital in Dallas. She was a resident physician----

Mr. JENNER. In what hospital?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. In the Baylor Hospital.

Mr. JENNER. Baylor University?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Yes.

Mr. JENNER. Was it university connected?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. I don't remember. But it is Baylor Hospital, in Dallas. It is not the same as Baylor University. It is called Baylor Hospital.

Mr. JENNER. All right.

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. And she stayed there as a resident. I worked very often in my office in Dallas, instead of Abilene, and continued my partnership with Ed Hooker. But there developed a tremendous animosity between Ed Hooker's wife and my wife, Didi.

Mr. JENNER. And Ed Hooker's wife was----

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Was an ex-model, very attractive girl, Marion. And probably my wife snubbed her or something. She didn't come from such a prominent family.

Anyway, there was a great deal of animosity there. And Ed told me, "George, you are a fool to marry this girl--she is nuts." She had had nervous breakdowns.

Mr. JENNER. This is Mr. Hooker's wife?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. No; that is my ex-wife, Didi Sharples. She is very high strung--she is a very high-strung person, and had nervous breakdowns while going to medical school. I don't know if it is interesting for you, all those details.

Mr. JENNER. Well, I think not as to that. I am interested, though--she came to Dallas with you?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. She came to Dallas to live with me. We had an apartment first. Then we bought a house jointly, a farm, a small farm outside of Dallas. And then she had--we had two children, Sergei, and a girl, Nadejeda, whom we called Nadya because the name is very difficult. It is my aunt's name, and Sergei is my father's name.

Mr. JENNER. When were those children born?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. One year difference in 1953 and 1954.

Mr. JENNER. Your son was born in 1953 and your daughter in 1954?

Mr. JENNER. I think you were about to tell me some differences arose, you thought, between Mr. Hooker's wife and your wife.

Mr. JENNER. And did that have an effect on your partnership?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Yes; it was more or less, I would say, a social problem and personal dislike. Ed is very much devoted to his wife. He told me one day, "We cannot continue this partnership in such unpleasant circumstances, and I think we should break our partnership and sell out what we have." We had some oil properties and we sold it out and divided the proceeds.

Oh, yes--also, Ed was dissatisfied that I moved away from the oilfield--another reason we broke our partnership. Because I was staying in the oilfields before that all the time. But now I moved to Dallas, and I could not be right in the center of the oil activity, according to him. It turned out to be that this actually was much better for the oil business, to be in Dallas than to be in Abilene.

Mr. JENNER. Why is that?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Well, because we are more or less in the center of things than just in a small hick town, you see.

Mr. JENNER. You----

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. At the same time about, when we were breaking this partnership, my wife's uncle, Col. Edward J. Walz, from Philadelphia, who is an investment man and a man who is fascinated by the oil business, offered me to form a partnership with him, and we formed a partnership just about the same time.

Mr. JENNER. Have you identified this new man?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Yes; Col. Edward J. Walz, this was my wife's uncle, Miss Sharples' uncle much younger than his--than her mother, but a man of substance, from Philadelphia--with whom we developed friendly relationship. He liked me and I liked him. And we decided to form a partnership, and we called this partnership Waldem Oil Co.--with the idea of doing the same thing I did with Ed Hooker--that I would do the fieldwork and he would do, more or less, the financial end of the business in Philadelphia.

We had several very successful dealings together. On our first drilling venture we found oil. I kept producing that little field for quite some time.

Mr. JENNER. What field?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Post field, in Texas--a small part of this field belonged to us, and we kept on producing. We did other operations in the oil business, selling leases, buying leases, and things like that.

But we didn't do anything spectacular because he never could provide any large amounts of money for anything spectacular. We did small things. It was a small operation. But we always made money together. Eventually, after my wife and I got divorced.

Mr. JENNER. Now, you mention divorce. You and Wynne Sharples were divorced?

Mr. JENNER. And when did that take place?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. That, I think, was in 1957, I guess, or 1956. We were married for 5 years.

Mr. JENNER. Well, it must have been 1957, then.

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. 1957, yes; it turned out to be that both of our children had cystic fibrosis--it is a terrible illness of genetic nature. The children who have it have no hope to recover, as yet.

Now, my ex-wife and I started a foundation, National Foundation for Cystic Fibrosis in Dallas, of which Jacqueline Kennedy was the honorary chairman.

Now, my ex-wife says that I didn't have much to do with this foundation, this Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, but actually I did, because I collected most of the money from my Dallas friends. It started with very little we--started with $10,000 or $20,000, and now it is a $2 million foundation, with headquarters in New York. Last year I was chairman of this foundation in Dallas for the first public subscription to our Cystic Fibrosis Fund for the Dallas children, and we got $25,000.

Now my son, Sergei, died from cystic fibrosis in 1960.

By the way, the reason for our divorce, in addition to whatever disagreements we had, which was not very important, was the fact that we both obviously have a tendency for cystic fibrosis, a genetic affinity for cystic fibrosis, and the children born from such a marriage have a very poor chance to survive. She wanted more children. She was scared to have more children with cystic fibrosis. The little girl is still alive. She lives in Philadelphia.

Mr. JENNER. She is with her mother?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. With her mother, yes.

Mr. JENNER. Is her mother pursuing her profession in Philadelphia?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Her mother is not actually practicing but she is in charge of the Cystic Fibrosis Research Institute in Philadelphia, she is a trustee of Temple University.

But her husband, Dr. Denton----

Mr. JENNER. She remarried?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. She remarried.

Mr. JENNER. What is his-full name?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Dr. Robert Denton. He is the doctor who treated our children for cystic fibrosis. At present he is a professor of pediatrics and assistant professor of pediatrics at the University of Pennsylvania.

Mr. JENNER. I don't want to go into the litigation. There was some litigation, was there not, between you and your former wife with respect to some trust?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Trust fund.

Mr. JENNER. Established for whom?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Established for Sergei, for our son. Now, I had to contribute, according to the divorce, $125 a month for the support of the children, which I did, and she put that money in a trust fund. She did not want to use that money for the upkeep of the children, because she is independently wealthy, and eventually she refused to accept any more contribution of money from me. I objected on my side to the fact that I was removed away--that the children were very far away from me. They were living in Boston at the time, and I encountered constantly difficulties in regard to my visitation rights of the children. Well, anyway, finally all of a sudden, after Sergei died, a long time afterwards, I received a notification that we inherited, my ex-wife and I--we inherited this trust fund.

Mr. JENNER. Which trust fund?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Established for Sergei, our son.

Mr. JENNER. Who established the trust fund?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Her grandfather, my boy's grandfather, Mr. Sharples, plus the money that came from my monthly contribution for the children's support--whatever money she could put in it. Anyway, it was a small trust fund of $24,000, which, eventually was split up between my ex-wife and myself--about $12,000 each. There was a litigation in regard to that, but I don't know if it is interesting for you.

Mr. JENNER. No---I have the complaints. Your ex-wife--Dr. Denton lives in Philadelphia?

Mr. JENNER. And she does research work, does she?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. She doesn't do the actual research. She is more or less running the administration end of a second foundation. She was eventually asked to leave the National Cystic Fibrosis Foundation which we had formed together in Dallas, and which became this national foundation.

She developed some difficulty with the other trustees and was asked to resign, or resigned herself---I don't know for sure the other trustees say they asked her to resign. She says she was forced to resign. And she formed with the help of her father and her friends another foundation in Philadelphia which is much smaller, and I think which does also research on cystic fibrosis. And she is running the administrative end of it. She is not doing the actual research, but she is running this foundation as an administrator.

Mr. JENNER. Do you visit your child?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. I used to. Right now I have a great deal of difficulty in visiting my daughter, Nadya, because she wants to live with me, you see.

Mr. JENNER. The daughter?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. The daughter, yes. And she thinks that by living in Texas her health will improve. Now, the mother thinks it is just the opposite that if she lives in Texas that she will die, because of the inadequate medical facilities. So we had rather bitter litigation last year as to--I tried to take the custody away from her, because of various reasons--mainly, I think that the daughter would be happier with me, and with my new wife. And the little girl has developed a tremendous liking for my new wife. But the court decided that--we went into such bitter fighting, that I stopped this litigation in the middle, and I said, "I am going to Haiti anyway. Let's leave things as they are for a year. I am not going to see Nadya for a year, on the condition that she will get all my letters, all my gifts, and that I get a medical report from her every 4 months." And the poor girl is also under psychiatric treatment.

Mr. JENNER. Who is?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Nadya, my little girl. She is under psychiatric treatment--because of her illness, and also she developed a dislike for the other members of her family, for her half brothers and sisters, because they are healthy, and she is not.

Mr. JENNER. I take it that your former wife--there had been some children born of her present marriage?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Yes; who have no cystic fibrosis.

Mr. JENNER. All right. Now, when the divorce took place, your wife filed suit in Philadelphia, didn't she?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. No; the suit was filed in Dallas.

Mr. JENNER. She commenced it?

Mr. JENNER. Did you resist it?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. No; we came to an agreement that we would get a divorce anyway. I don't know what you call it in legal terms. The lawyers made an agreement that, here it is, you see. We decided to sell our house and settle our accounts.

Mr. JENNER. Property?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Property settlement. And I think it was very fair for her, just as my lawyer, Morris Jaffe, can tell you the whole story about that.

Mr. JENNER. Now, upon your divorce from Wynne, or Didi, Sharples, did you remain in Dallas?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Yes; I stayed in Dallas, carried on my consulting work in the same manner, concentrating mostly from then on on the foreign end of this business.

Mr. JENNER. What do you mean foreign end?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. I started taking more and more foreign jobs. In 1956 I took a job in Haiti for a private--for some private individuals connected with Sinclair Oil Company.

Mr. JENNER. When was that?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. In 1956--just before our divorce, I think. We were already separated. Then we must have been divorced the end of 1956.

Sorry--too many marriages, too many divorces. So I started taking more and more foreign jobs. And, also, in my relationship with Mr. Sharples, because my ex-wife's father--I did some foreign work for him, mainly in Mexico. He had some foreign exploitation in Mexico, some oil operations in Mexico. Anyway, I started getting a lot of foreign jobs--maybe jobs in Nigeria.

Mr. JENNER. I want to know what countries you were taken to in connection with those.

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Well, all in all, I visited and I did foreign work, which means preparation for taking of concessions and suggestion of what areas should be taken for an oil and gas concessions---it was in Nigeria, in Togoland, in Ghana, in France I may have forgotten with some other countries where I did not have to go, but I did some work right there in Dallas examined the geological work and made suggestions.

Mr. JENNER. Now----

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. And eventually----

Mr. JENNER. You did travel to Mexico?

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Yes; many, many times.

Mr. JENNER. In connection with that work.

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. In Cuba, too.

Mr. JENNER. Tell us about that.

Mr. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Well, in Cuba---I traveled in Cuba before Castro, during the Batista days. The ex-president of Pantitec Oil Co. formed the Cuban-Venezuela Oil Co., ……..

If you Search Col. Edward J. Walz, you find he was partners with DeMohrn in Walden Oil Co., 1956 - See:

GEORGE DE MOHRENSCHILDTFormed Walden Oil Co. with wife's uncle, Col. Edward J. Walz. 1956-Took job in Haiti with Sinclair Oil co. Traveled to Nigeria, France, Mexico on oil ...

mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/jfkinfo4/jfk12/hscademo.htm - 61k - Cached - Similar pages

Edited by William Kelly

Thursday, 16 April 1953

• On the same day, President Dwight Eisenhower delivers his "Chance for Peace" address of April 16, 1953, which is "the opening gun of the post-Stalin phase of the Cold War." The speech has been co-authored by C.D. Jackson—a friend of Allen Dulles (and the publisher of Life magazine, who later buys and suppresses the Zapruder film)—and Walt Rostow.Ashton Gray

Ashton,

Was the Eisenhower speech delivered according to the pre-published text? If memory serves, or merely half serves, Eisenhower either didn't deliver the speech or had to truncate it, omitting the key bits about peace, due to an untimely affliction.

The point, of course, was to ensure there was no swift U.S. echo of Churchill's expressed desire to respond to Beria's wide-ranging overtures. From the point of view of both CIA and the CPUSSR, Beria had to go before he gave away eastern Europe, and dethroned the Communist Party. We would have to wait another 40+ years for Gorbachev's backers to do that.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
Thursday, 16 April 1953

• On the same day, President Dwight Eisenhower delivers his "Chance for Peace" address of April 16, 1953, which is "the opening gun of the post-Stalin phase of the Cold War." The speech has been co-authored by C.D. Jackson—a friend of Allen Dulles (and the publisher of Life magazine, who later buys and suppresses the Zapruder film)—and Walt Rostow.Ashton Gray

Ashton,

Was the Eisenhower speech delivered according to the pre-published text? If memory serves, or merely half serves, Eisenhower either didn't deliver the speech or had to truncate it, omitting the key bits about peace, due to an untimely affliction.

The point, of course, was to ensure there was no swift U.S. echo of Churchill's expressed desire to respond to Beria's wide-ranging overtures. From the point of view of both CIA and the CPUSSR, Beria had to go before he gave away eastern Europe, and dethroned the Communist Party. We would have to wait another 40+ years for Gorbachev's backers to do that.

Paul

I simply don't know, and although finding out has been on my to-do list, it now has slid down below detailing the cat.

How's this for a hang-fire no-answer?

:huh:

Ashton

• 10 years later...
  • 10 months later...