The Education Forum

E-Mail Communication

I tried to send out a newsletter to members over the Christmas period. I never got my copy. Did anybody else?

We seem to be having problems with email communications on the forum. For example, I received this PM today:

"I am no longer receiving email notifications of new topics posted in the JFK Assassination Debate forum. Any idea why? I was subscribed and I did not unsubscribe. Can you please advise? Thanks."

Anyone else have this problem?

I tried to send out a newsletter to members over the Christmas period. I never got my copy. Did anybody else?

We seem to be having problems with email communications on the forum. For example, I received this PM today:

"I am no longer receiving email notifications of new topics posted in the JFK Assassination Debate forum. Any idea why? I was subscribed and I did not unsubscribe. Can you please advise? Thanks."

as we discussed on Friday this is now in the hands of our software hosts - latest communication below;

"Thank you for contacting Invision Power Services.

This message is to let you know that your ticket ID 333413 (bulk e-mail problems) is still in our queue. A representative will respond to your request soon.

Our normal response time is one to two business days; however, during busy times and for more advanced ticket requests there may be a longer response time.

We apologize for the delay in response and appreciate your patience while we work through the ticket queue. Rest assured your ticket is not forgotten.

IPS customers can always log into the client area to see ticket status.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any concerns.

Kind regards,

IPS Support"

This seems to be a different problem from the sending out of newsletters. Did anyone receive my Xmas Newsletter. The system claims they were sent out. However, the page views of those threads that were mentioned in the newsletter, suggests that few received them.

This seems to be a different problem from the sending out of newsletters. Did anyone receive my Xmas Newsletter. The system claims they were sent out. However, the page views of those threads that were mentioned in the newsletter, suggests that few received them.

It isn't. You send the Newsletter out using the bulk mail facility which is not functioning properly. No one will have received it. As soon as it is fixed I'll let everyone know

It isn't. You send the Newsletter out using the bulk mail facility which is not functioning properly. No one will have received it. As soon as it is fixed I'll let everyone know

I thought that was a different problem.

I thought that was a different problem.

All board e-mail goes through my e-mail account. There is currently either an issue with how it is set up or a software fault.