The Education Forum

MLK assassination documentary

Here is the link to the first part of a documentary on youtube.,

. To get the rest, just go to the right hand column and click on more from this user, you will then see all ten parts.

I haven't watched it yet, but it looks great. Interviews with all the primary witnesses, including James Earl Ray.

John

Thanks, John.

That is a very interesting early piece regarding King's killing. Lots of unanswered questions and some fascinating witnesses.

I was particularly curious in one witness report that puts a possible gunman amongst the bushes below the supposed sniper's perch in the boarding house. A few minutes after the shot, this man allegedly then made his way down the bank and scaled a wall to mingle with the gathering crowd.

This image below might depict that event. I know you and I share a common interest here.

Cheers,

James

Indeed we do James. I found it interesting to see a newsreel featuring Percy Foreman, Rays lawyer. I have done some work on Foreman, he features heavily in my presentation on Harrelson.

Foreman ran his business out of the capitol bar in Houston. He had his own phone in the place. LBJ and John Connally were frequentors of the bar also.

John

Edited by John Geraghty

• 1 month later...
Indeed we do James. I found it interesting to see a newsreel featuring Percy Foreman, Rays lawyer. I have done some work on Foreman, he features heavily in my presentation on Harrelson.

Foreman ran his business out of the capitol bar in Houston. He had his own phone in the place. LBJ and John Connally were frequentors of the bar also.

John

Interesting, if memory serves me Foreman was also one of Jack Ruby's lawyers. The guy got around. And stuck it to these clients.

Dawn

• 6 months later...
Dawn,

He also represented Charles Harrelson and H.L. Hunt. Interesting clients.

John

John,

Indeed. Foreman also represented Peter Lazaros, George Parr, Dr. Harold Eidenoff and Melvin Lane Powers in their high profile cases. By the time he repped Ruby, it was claimed that Foreman had been involved with the defense of some 700 murder cases.

His relationship to the Hunt family was a most curious one. During the mid 1970's, Foreman found himself mixed up and charged in this bribery/wire-tapping case with the Hunt brothers.

The Hunt's were very vocal at the time saying they were being hounded by the Justice Department because they refused to allow the CIA to operate within their business.

As a curiosity, Foreman was jailed briefly in 1974 on a drunken driving charge.

James

Dawn,

He also represented Charles Harrelson and H.L. Hunt. Interesting clients.

John

John,

Indeed. Foreman also represented Peter Lazaros, George Parr, Dr. Harold Eidenoff and Melvin Lane Powers in their high profile cases. By the time he repped Ruby, it was claimed that Foreman had been involved with the defense of some 700 murder cases.

His relationship to the Hunt family was a most curious one. During the mid 1970's, Foreman found himself mixed up and charged in this bribery/wire-tapping case with the Hunt brothers.

The Hunt's were very vocal at the time saying they were being hounded by the Justice Department because they refused to allow the CIA to operate within their business.

As a curiosity, Foreman was jailed briefly in 1974 on a drunken driving charge.

James

Great photo James. Your right about the bushes. The worst parts is, from what I understand is that the very next morning, they had people out there clearing out all of the bushes. They cleaned the area of any evidence, so as not to have anything to go on if anybody came forward to say he was shot from those bushes.The Memphis Sanitation Dept. was supposedly ordered by the Memphis PD inspector to clear the area behind Jims Grill. Within hours, the crime scene was completely sanitized by orders of the police. You can find a very good account of this in "The Assassinations" by the authors of Probe Magazine. Very good book covering the assassinations of Malcom X, RFK, MLK, and JFK.