The Education Forum

Shane O'Sullivan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies if this question is answered in recent threads.

Does anyone know if Shane's DVD (ID-ing Morales at RFK's assassination) is released?

Any word?

Message from Shane:

I am completing my film this week and it will be released on DVD by MPI Home Video towards the end of the year. It is two hours, twenty minutes long and will feature much new material on Morales, Campbell and Joannides. I will let you know when I have a release date.

Does anyone know if Shane's DVD (ID-ing Morales at RFK's assassination) is released?

Any word?

Message from Shane:

I am completing my film this week and it will be released on DVD by MPI Home Video towards the end of the year. It is two hours, twenty minutes long and will feature much new material on Morales, Campbell and Joannides. I will let you know when I have a release date.

Good news. Let's hope all goes well. Thanks.

Will it be straight to DVD or will there be tv screenings? I would think that channel four (UK) would take this up. I think that sending a few copies to influential members of the Senate and House of rep's might be a good idea.

This documentary needs exposure.

John

• 6 months later...

Any word?

Message from Shane:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/review.php?ID=31270

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000UX6TH0/dvdtalk

Thanks, Michael. I have just launched the website for the film at http://www.rfkmustdie.com with links to the trailer, a Kennedy campaign ad and a new Facebook discussion group I have started on the case.

RFK Must Die: The Assassination of Bobby Kennedy is released on DVD in the US on Tuesday - Robert Kennedy's 82nd birthday, had he lived. It updates my investigation into the three CIA agents at the Ambassador while revealing who "Gordon Campbell" actually was and containing extended interviews with Wayne Smith, Ruben Carbajal and Robert Walton on David Morales; Bradley Ayers and David Rabern on Morales and Campbell; and Ed Lopez on George Joannides.

The heart of the film is a thorough re-examination of the other controversies in the case. Sandra Serrano is interviewed for the first time since the night of the shooting about the girl in the polka dot dress. We also hear from Vincent Di Pierro, who saw a polka-dot dress girl standing next to Sirhan in the kitchen; eyewitnesses Frank Burns, Paul Schrade and Evan Freed; defense investigators Robert Blair Kaiser and Michael McCowan; Sirhan's brother Munir and late attorney Larry Teeter; Bay of Pigs historian Haynes Johnson; and Dr. Herbert Spiegel of Columbia University, a world authority on hypnosis, who believes Sirhan was hypnotically programmed.

There's rare archive footage from the hotel that night, with more clips of "Morales" and "Campbell" and security guard Thane Eugene Cesar. There's also previously unseen footage of Robert Kennedy and Richard Helms; and film and audio interviews with Sirhan, including the hypnotic sessions in which defense psychiatrist Dr. Diamond tried to re-enact the shooting.

It's been a really fascinating investigation and, with the fortieth anniversary next June and William Pepper on board to represent Sirhan, I hope next year will see major progress in the case. I am now completing a book on the case to be published by Union Square Press next May, which will hopefully help this process.

Thanks to John for such a fantastic resource in developing this research and also to James for photos, Bill for support and Peter Fokes who first pointed out the "Richard Helms lookalike" in the footage.

All the best,

Shane

Edited by Shane O'Sullivan

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks, Michael. I have just launched the website for the film at http://www.rfkmustdie.com with links to the trailer, a Kennedy campaign ad and a new Facebook discussion group I have started on the case.

RFK Must Die: The Assassination of Bobby Kennedy is released on DVD in the US on Tuesday - Robert Kennedy's 82nd birthday, had he lived. It updates my investigation into the three CIA agents at the Ambassador while revealing who "Gordon Campbell" actually was and containing extended interviews with Wayne Smith, Ruben Carbajal and Robert Walton on David Morales; Bradley Ayers and David Rabern on Morales and Campbell; and Ed Lopez on George Joannides.

The heart of the film is a thorough re-examination of the other controversies in the case. Sandra Serrano is interviewed for the first time since the night of the shooting about the girl in the polka dot dress. We also hear from Vincent Di Pierro, who saw a polka-dot dress girl standing next to Sirhan in the kitchen; eyewitnesses Frank Burns, Paul Schrade and Evan Freed; defense investigators Robert Blair Kaiser and Michael McCowan; Sirhan's brother Munir and late attorney Larry Teeter; Bay of Pigs historian Haynes Johnson; and Dr. Herbert Spiegel of Columbia University, a world authority on hypnosis, who believes Sirhan was hypnotically programmed.

There's rare archive footage from the hotel that night, with more clips of "Morales" and "Campbell" and security guard Thane Eugene Cesar. There's also previously unseen footage of Robert Kennedy and Richard Helms; and film and audio interviews with Sirhan, including the hypnotic sessions in which defense psychiatrist Dr. Diamond tried to re-enact the shooting.

It's been a really fascinating investigation and, with the fortieth anniversary next June and William Pepper on board to represent Sirhan, I hope next year will see major progress in the case. I am now completing a book on the case to be published by Union Square Press next May, which will hopefully help this process.

Thanks to John for such a fantastic resource in developing this research and also to James for photos, Bill for support and Peter Fokes who first pointed out the "Richard Helms lookalike" in the footage.

All the best,

Shane

I just finished watching RFK Must Die and an attempt to review it would not do Shane O'Sullivan's research justice.

In my opinion it is a must own, must watch documentary for anyone with an interest in the assassination of Robert Kennedy, the murder of his brother, or the careers of Joannides, Morales and others.

The production values are excellent and much like the book that can't be put down, I couldn't stop watching this DVD from start to finish. I'll make sure my good friends see it.

Outstanding research Shane. I'm very much looking forward to your book.

Edited by Michael Hogan

Thanks very much, Michael. Great to hear your feedback. I hope more members will comment as they see the film. It would be great to get more discussion going on the RFK case in this section of the Forum and elsewhere online. There are big developments ahead in the lead-up to the fortieth anniversary next June and with Sirhan still in prison, a strong argument for reopening the case.

Best,

Shane

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks for the feedback on the film so far. I'm delighted to announce RFK Must Die: The Assassination of Bobby Kennedy will be released in UK cinemas this Friday, May 16th, opening at the Institute of Contemporary Art (ICA) and Rich Mix cinemas in London.

I will be doing Q&As after the 6:15 ICA show on Friday and the 8:15 Rich Mix show on Saturday. The UK DVD will be released on May 26th, with a host of rare Kennedy campaign ads and audio extras.

The film will then screen at the historic Crest Theater in Sacramento on Monday, June 2nd at 7:30 p.m., with Q&A, to promote awareness of the case among California lawmakers. Three days later, on the fortieth anniversary of the assassination, the film will open at the Pioneer Theater in New York for an eight-day run, with several Q&As also.

We'll be screening a shorter 102' version of the film theatrically, as I think it's more digestible for those new to the case than the 139' DVD version. The UK DVD will include the extra 37' as extras.

The Documentary Channel will air the US television premiere on the anniversary and my book, Who Killed Bobby? The Unsolved Murder of Robert F. Kennedy will be published by Union Square Press on June 3rd.

I hope all of this will increase the pressure on California authorities to reopen the case in the light of the new audio evidence found on the Pruszynski recording. Public and media awareness is, of course, key to this. If any of you would like to organise a screening of the film in your area, please let me know. Brave New Theaters is a great new grassroots cinema initiative from director Robert Greenwald (Outfoxed, Iraq for Sale) that makes this possible.

I hope to meet some of you at the COPA meeting in Los Angeles in June.

All the best,

Shane

post-1024-1210582572_thumb.jpg

post-1024-1210582601_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

New article, mixes new Joling and Van Praag acoustic info with Shane O'Sullivan's investigation (which he calls a "BBC documentary" - I thought it was independently produced).

The article claims that the CIA operatives in RFK Must Die have been "positively identified". I don't think Shane O'Sullivan went quite that far.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/genera_ma...since_rfk_a.htm

Edit: After reviewing the original BBC article on Shane O'Sullivan's investigation, they used the words "positively identified". If you watch the dvd - which is highly recommended and very well done - you will see that Shane's final conclusions are more tentative due to conflicting information on the identities of Morales, Joannides, and Campbell.

Edited by Steve Rosen

New article, mixes new Joling and Van Praag acoustic info with Shane O'Sullivan's investigation.

The article claims that the CIA operatives in RFK Must Die have been "positively identified". I don't Shane O'Sullivan went quite that far.

Steve, thanks for the timely information you often post.

Shane O'Sullivan's book is now shipping (ahead of schedule) from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Who-Killed-Bobby-Uns...5884&sr=1-1

Thank you Michael, your posts and updates are appreciated as well ... I didn't know that Shane O'Sullivan's book Who Killed Bobby?: The Unsolved Murder of Robert F. Kennedy was shipping.

Looking forward to reading it and your thoughts on the same.

Steve

Edited by Steve Rosen

New article, mixes new Joling and Van Praag acoustic info with Shane O'Sullivan's investigation (which he calls a "BBC documentary - I thought it was independently produced).

The article claims that the CIA operatives in RFK Must Die have been "positively identified". I don't think Shane O'Sullivan went quite that far.

Edit: After reviewing the original BBC article on Shane O'Sullivan's investigation, they used the words "positively identified". If you watch the dvd - which is highly recommended and very well done - you will see that Shane's final conclusions are more tentative due to conflicting information on the identities of Morales, Joannides, and Campbell.

I thought that the man previously thought to be Gordon Campbell has been positively identified as a Buliva watch executive. Maybe I'm wrong but I'd like to have that made more clear.

Thanks,

BK