The Education Forum

Ed Hoffman's view behind the fence

I found this aerial which shows Ed Hoffman's

location and what he could see. He was atop the

RR bridge.

Jack White

Jack - Ed Hoffman parked his car atop of the Stemmons Freeway overpass, not the RR bridge. You are off about 250 to 300 feet or so. From on top of the Stemmons Freeway overpass ... Ed could look over onto the 'on ramp' to watch the President's limo pass beneath him. I corrected your attachment photo and placed it below.

Two Police Officers, one named Earle V. Brown, were on the RR bridge that crossed over Stemmons Freeway.

Mr. BALL. On November , 1964, were you assigned to a certain post on duty?

Mr. BROWN. Yes, sir.

Mr. BALL. Where?

Mr. BROWN. That would be the railroad overpass over Stemmons Expressway service road.

Mr. BALL. Is that the one that leads of Elm?

Mr. BROWN. You mean that crosses Elm?

Mr. BALL. That crosses Elm, yes; the overpass across Elm.

Mr. BROWN. No, sir.

Mr. BALL. What does it cross?

Mr. BROWN. It's over Stemmons Expressway; in other words, they make that turn of Elm and go up.

Mr. BALL. You know where Elm, the corner of Elm and Houston is?

Mr. BROWN. Yes, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. BALL. Then there Is a road, the highway continues on to the west, a little south, is that what you call the Stemmons Expressway?

Mr. BROWN. There's one there, too, but that overpass is actually a road. Where I was was the railroad overpass.

Mr. BALL. The railroad overpass Itself?

Mr. BROWN. Yes, sir.

Mr. BALL. How far were you from the place where the continuation of Elm goes under the overpass?

Mr. BROWN. Oh, approximately 100 yards.

Edited by Larry Peters

Hi Jack:

In Jim Marrs: "Crossfire" it states," he was driving downtown Dallas on the Stemmons Expressway...clip...so he stopped his car just north of a railroad bridge across Stemmons and joined the spectators."

I do not know where this was...

Here is a link to Free Speech TV : a video with witness Ed Hoffman...you will need the Real Player plug in.......he has his own interpreter with him, who understands Ed's signing and not make the mistakes that have been made in the past with their translations....

http://www.freespeech.org/ramfiles/kennedy.ram

Thanks

Edited by Bernice Moore

Hi Jack:

In Jim Marrs: "Crossfire" it states," he was driving downtown Dallas on the Stemmons Expressway...clip...so he stopped his car just north of a railroad bridge across Stemmons and joined the spectators."

I do not know where this was...

There were two RR bridges and they are seen in Jack's picture. The one Ed refers to is the one that the RR workers were standing on, Sam Holland being one of them. I have attached a photo from Ed Hoffman's book called "Eye Witness" to help you better understand where he meant.

I am glad to see this confirmation of what Ed always said...

he parked his car on the freeway shoulder and climbed

up to the RAILROAD BRIDGE over the freeway.

Jack :lol:

Jack - Ed Hoffman never climbed up to the Rail Road Bridge. Two police officers stood on that bridge, but not Ed Hoffman. Ed parked his car just north of the bridge and walked under the RR bridge up Stemmons Freeway to a spot where he was able to see JFK's limo pass under him as the motorcade traveled the Elm Street off ramp. The diagram shown below is from page 6 of Ed Hoffman's book "Eye Witness". The red wording and locators are what I have added. The letter "e" seen on the RR bridge in the diagram does not stand for "Ed", but rather it is a reference that was made on page 7 of Hoffman's book to where Officer J.W. Foster was located. There were six references made that stared with the letter "a" and ended with the letter "e".

Edited by Larry Peters