The Education Forum

Extra police uniform in Tippits car?

hi drew,

Well if we are to assume that tippit was involved in the assassination in some way, badgeman in the moorman photo springs to mind, could it have been his clothes or possibly a disguise worn by someone else or to be used at a later date. i have heard no theories about it but it is an interesting question, for all we know it could be commonplace for an officer to carry a spare from time to time or he could just have been bringing it home or bringing it in to put in his locker. I would be interested to hear other peoples views.

John Geraghty

If I recall corectly, the extra shirt was not Tippit's size? Then the real question is as to whether or not the shirt was the size normally worn by his partner, with whom he should have been with that day, if, as I've heard, Tippit hadn't called him and requested that he call in sick.

Otherwise, I'd agree that Badgeman would make the most sense.

Tippit's behavior that day was highly unusual, and it's difficult to believe he was not involved in some fashion. Its a good thing that Lee Harvey Oswald left his wallet at the scene of the crime. I'm sure it must have been nudged loose when he took the pistol from his windbreaker pocket.

It's ironic to note that JD was recorded by history as a hero, and that even some of the proceeds [half?] received by Zapruder for his infamous film went to Tippit's widow. There was a newsreel [maybe it's in TMWKK?] concerning the thousands of donations that poured in to the hero's family.

www.jdtippit.com is interesting to view also.

If I recall corectly, the extra shirt was not Tippit's size?  Then the real question is as to whether or not the shirt was the size normally worn by his partner, with whom he should have been with that day, if, as I've heard, Tippit hadn't called him and requested that he call in sick.

Tippit's behavior that day was highly unusual, and it's difficult to believe he was not involved in some fashion.  Its a good thing that Lee Harvey Oswald left his wallet at the scene of the crime.  I'm sure it must have been nudged loose when he took the pistol from his windbreaker pocket.

It's ironic to note that JD was recorded by history as a hero, and that even some of the proceeds [half?] received by Zapruder for his infamous film went to Tippit's widow.  There was a newsreel [maybe it's in TMWKK?] concerning the thousands of donations that poured in to the hero's family.

I'm not at all convinced on the Badgeman shape. Look at it closely. The white wall looks like a sea of gauze and fuzz. But a shape standing far back from the fence is clearly defined, a photographic impossibility. But if the figure is real, he would have to be elevated on a car bumper in order to have his chest come up above the five foot fence. Why would an assassin do that if he wanted to get a good shot but didn't want to be seen?

Look at this picture comparing "Gordon Arnold" to the Badgeman figure. Only one of these figures can be real, Arnold or Badgeman. But if one figure isn't real, it puts the other figure in serious doubt.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/arnold2/hargiscomp.jpg

Edited by maynardsthirdeye

If I recall corectly, the extra shirt was not Tippit's size?  Then the real question is as to whether or not the shirt was the size normally worn by his partner, with whom he should have been with that day, if, as I've heard, Tippit hadn't called him and requested that he call in sick.

Tippit's behavior that day was highly unusual, and it's difficult to believe he was not involved in some fashion.  Its a good thing that Lee Harvey Oswald left his wallet at the scene of the crime.  I'm sure it must have been nudged loose when he took the pistol from his windbreaker pocket.

It's ironic to note that JD was recorded by history as a hero, and that even some of the proceeds [half?] received by Zapruder for his infamous film went to Tippit's widow.  There was a newsreel [maybe it's in TMWKK?] concerning the thousands of donations that poured in to the hero's family.

I'm not at all convinced on the Badgeman shape. Look at it closely. The white wall looks like a sea of gauze and fuzz. But a shape standing far back from the fence is clearly defined, a photographic impossibility. But if the figure is real, he would have to be elevated on a car bumper in order to have his chest come up above the five foot fence. Why would an assassin do that if he wanted to get a good shot but didn't want to be seen.

Look at this picture comparing "Gordon Arnold" to the Badgeman figure. Only one of these figures can be real, Arnold or Badgeman. But if one figure isn't real, it puts the other figure in serious doubt.

Isn't it possible that Black Dog man was actually Gordon Arnold before he hit the deck?

I'm not at all convinced on the Badgeman shape. Look at it closely. The white wall looks like a sea of gauze and fuzz. But a shape standing far back from the fence is clearly defined, a photographic impossibility. But if the figure is real, he would have to be elevated on a car bumper in order to have his chest come up above the five foot fence. Why would an assassin do that if he wanted to get a good shot but didn't want to be seen.

Isn't it possible that Black Dog man was actually Gordon Arnold before he hit the deck?

The "Black Dog Man" figure is right up against the white wall while Gordon Arnold says he stood a good few feet back from it. Look at his position in "The Men Who Killed Kennedy."