The Education Forum

Discovery of Z ANIMATOR'S CARTOON

Comments desirable, except from Mr. Peters.

Mr. White - most everyone here are students and won't know what the 'Smith version of the Zapruder film' is. Don't you think you could have offered them some basic information?

By the way, this latest observation of yours looks like something Vincent van Gogh would have posted just before going the rest of the way insane and cutting off his ear!

Edited by Larry Peters

Comments desirable, except from Mr. Peters.

Mr. White - most everyone here are students and won't know what the 'Smith version of the Zapruder film' is. Don't you think you could have offered them some basic information?

By the way, this latest observation of yours looks like something Vincent van Gogh would have posted just before going the rest of the way insane and cutting off his ear!

dgh01:

Appears Mr. Peter's is working at, and achieving: "beneath contempt status"

truck on Mr. Peter's, truck on!

Edited by David G. Healy

dgh01:

What is your take on Mr. White's thoughts, Mr. Healy. Do you feel like someone was thinking about drawing in a line of people across Elm Street? Shouldn't Mr. White have offered everyone some facts and data to show how he reached his conclusion - showed his work - given us some sources to go on and so on as you are always saying needs to be done? Should he have jumped right to film alteration without doing any research first?

Edited by Larry Peters

I recently downloaded a copy of the Smith film and ran it. I said " That's just the Zapruder film!" so I renamed the Smith file to Zapruder. Do you mean to tell me now that the Smith film is NOT the same as the Zapruder film?

Can someone enlighten me as to what the difference between the Smith and Zapruder films is?

EBC

Edited by Rasp

I recently downloaded a copy of the Smith film  and ran it. I said " That's just the Zapruder film!" so I renamed the Smith file to Zapruder. Do you mean to tell me now that the Smith film is NOT the same as  the Zapruder film?

Can someone enlighten me as to what the difference  between the Smith and Zapruder films  is?

EBC

The A. B. Smith film is the Zapruder film, but without the sprocket holes. Some people within the research community have said that it was placed on a web site for research purposes, but because of some concern over the copyright laws concerning the Zapruder family, the ficticous name A.B. Smith was given to it. That particular poor quality copy of the Zapruder film appears to have had some tape or another substance put on a single frame at some point and it had left the artifacts that we've seen. It appears that Jack has enterained the idea that it was a chorus line of people being pencil drawn across across Elm Street for some odd reason that I cannot imagine. No other copy of the Zapruder film shows this artifact that I am aware of.

Edited by Larry Peters

Jack,

On Dave Reizes web site that has most of the assassination films, including the A.B. Smith version, all examples of that film show it to be the Zapruder film.

Not one version, as far as I can see, shows the frame that you have posted. The AVI version does have the first frame that is very light, but the people are far clearer than the example you have shown.

Further, on your slide you coment that the pedestrians on Houston Street have numbers on them. I can't see any numbers on the people.

Where are these numbers that you claim are present on the pedestrains?

As Larry Peters points out, this is just a frame from the Zapruder film, albeit with an extraordinay poor first frame. Your suggestion that we are seeing an example of the faking of the Zapruder film is clearly absent from your posted slide.

James.

Edited by James R Gordon

dgh01:

What is your take on Mr. White's thoughts, Mr. Healy. Do you feel like someone was thinking about drawing in a line of people across Elm Street? Shouldn't Mr. White have offered everyone some facts and data to show how he reached his conclusion - showed his work - given us some sources to go on and so on as you are always saying needs to be done? Should he have jumped right to film alteration without doing any research first?

dgh01: Mr. Whites thoughts are just that, his thought's -- get to the source Mr. Peter's, your a "researcher" aren't you? I'd suggest you query Dave Reitzes, evidently the Z-film material in question and specific image is from his website - if you'd like his e-mail address I'll provide it. Maybe Dave will show up here and fill you in?

Same old problem, as I see it: all the do-gooder's [and thats a stretch] posting version after version after version of the Z-film on websites from here to China, most of them undocumented, verified or confirmed as accurate! Clutter up research - Welcome to the 'bigs' Mr. Peter's, welcome to the 'bigs'!!

David Healy

dgh01: Mr. Whites thoughts are just that, his thought's -- get to the source Mr. Peter's, your a "researcher" aren't you? I'd suggest you query Dave Reitzes, evidently the Z-film material in question and specific image is from his website - if you'd like his e-mail address I'll provide it. Maybe Dave will show up here and fill you in?

Because I am a researcher, Mr. Healy - I can tell you that some of us had already been to Reitzes's site, emailed Mr. Reitzes to get the answers we were seeking, and sought additional information from other investigators/researchers before responding.

Same old problem, as I see it: all the do-gooder's [and thats a stretch] posting version after version after version of the Z-film on websites from here to China, most of them undocumented, verified or confirmed as accurate! Clutter up research - Welcome to the 'bigs' Mr. Peter's, welcome to the 'bigs'!!

David Healy

Oh but Mr. Healy - If websites were not doing what you have just pointed out, then Mr. White wouldn't be inspired to come up with the film alteration observations that he blesses us with!

Edited by Larry Peters