The Education Forum

Man standing at back of car

Hi Tosh,

Sorry I didn't get around to reposting this one the other day. Anyway, here is the image below. I can tell you it isn't Bernardo De Torres. What I can tell you is that this guy was a bodyguard for a short time for Howard Hughes and was somehow connected to Robert Maheu and John Roselli. This image was snapped in either San Diego or Las Vegas.

James

Edited by James Richards

Tosh:

Did you ever have any experience with the goings-on at Hughes' Sal Cay, way over west of Cuba toward my favorite place on earth and the final place Rorke and Sullivan were ever seen, Cozumel?

Tim

Thanks James. I apreciate the information and clarification. Did this person hang around at 'Red Bird Airport' at the Hangers that Howard Hughes built and used for a short time? Do you know if he used to go to the Thunderbird Inn in Las Vegas? Did he know or was a friend of "Fred B Black", before he went with North American Aviation? Any direct ties to Wm. P Morgan and John Rosellie? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks Tosh (Tosh Plumlee)

Tosh,

Unfortunately I can't answer your questions but I sure wish I could. This guy supposedly had a military background (Marines) and had a reputation as a sharpshooter. After his time with Hughes, he became familiar to several of the Miami anti-Castro guys (late 1962 to mid 1963). What exactly he was doing I don't know. There is also supposedly a connection to Manuel Orcarberrio (Dallas Alpha 66) so your question about hanging around Red Bird Airport is interesting indeed.

Sorry for the lack of information.

James

Morgan was a FBI agent I think during the war (WWII)  You mentioned Maheu. Did he have an attorney by the name of "Morgan"?  And too, seems I read something about an Ed Morgan and Wild Bill Harvey.  I do remember that Rosellie met an Ed (Pete) Morgan in Galveston.. (note; I flew John Martino, Rosellie, and another man to Galveston Texas,  from Houston around the Spring of 63 to meet with a Morgan...?? money to buy surplus aircraft)

Tosh

Ed Morgan was Roselli's bigtime lawyer who leaked the 1967 stuff to Drew Pearson. Maybe you're thinking of Harry Dean's William Morgan in Dallas?

Tim

Edited by Tim Carroll

He looks extreamely familiar to me. The Dallas Cubans on Harlendale Street; Alpha-66, Red Bird, Miami. ?? I think our paths crossed in Dallas and Miami. But, I can't remember the details, or for sure. I wonder if he too, knew Rosellie? Or, Fred Black, Ed Morgan?

Morgan was a FBI agent I think during the war (WWII) You mentioned Maheu. Did he have an attorney by the name of "Morgan"? And too, seems I read something about an Ed Morgan and Wild Bill Harvey. I do remember that Rosellie met an Ed (Pete) Morgan in Galveston.. (note; I flew John Martino, Rosellie, and another man to Galveston Texas, from Houston around the Spring of 63 to meet with a Morgan...?? money to buy surplus aircraft)

(reference; FBI 105 file and 62.., Plumlee/Rosellie file)

Is there a cross index data bank somewhere to run these names through?

Thanks for you time on this. Tosh (Tosh Plumlee)

Tosh,

A cross index data bank would be really helpful.

I am going on spotty information but the Red Bird, Dallas Alpha 66, Miami possibility is very interesting. His connection to Roselli comes through Maheu. I believe this originally comes out of the early CIA/Mafia attempts to whack Castro. I suspect that Roselli went to Trafficante's ghoul Herminio Diaz Garcia from the Hotel Habana-Rivera for this and that our mystery man had some kind of US based involvement. After the assassination (December 1963), our mystery man and Diaz Garcia may have been involved in an assassination attempt against Castro and later in about 1965 they may have been mixed up with weapons sales to Norman Rothman.

You may have gathered that I am thinking this guy might have been a Dealey Plaza shooter.

James