The Education Forum

Some pictures of Tosh

Would that be the Hernandez of the Dallas Oak Cliff Cubans who had the safe house on Zangs Blvd and Harlendale Streets? The gun-running Hernandez, also known as Cecil Farnandez? (Tosh Plumlee)

I'm not sure, Tosh. I believe Celso Hernandez was from New Orleans. I think Larry may have more on him. Hernandez is mentioned in this memo to Garrison below. Sorry about the poor quality.

Regarding your earlier post, I too pondered it might be Virgilio Gonzalez but he seems too tall and a little too old.

Thanks for your thoughts.

James

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would that be the Hernandez of the Dallas Oak Cliff Cubans who had the safe house on Zangs Blvd and Harlendale Streets?  The gun-running Hernandez, also known as Cecil Farnandez? (Tosh Plumlee)

I'm not sure, Tosh. I believe Celso Hernandez was from New Orleans. I think Larry may have more on him. Hernandez is mentioned in this memo to Garrison below. Sorry about the poor quality.

Regarding your earlier post, I too pondered it might be Virgilio Gonzalez but he seems too tall and a little too old.

Thanks for your thoughts.

James

Thanks James. You are a true professional and I appreciate your help on my questions. I will look over the document and if it brings matters of my memory to the surface I will share them with you... Tosh Plumlee

deleted for space

Edited by Tim Carroll

Was Oswald not supposed to live in Dallas in october/november 1962? (Wim Dankbaar)

Indeed he was, Wim.

Hernandez was also involved in the confrontation with Bringuier in New Orleans.

James

James,

Is Hernandez anywhere in this photo, or do you have another showing his New Orleans involvement?

Just now when I posted this I noticed the guy on the left, who is a dead ringer for this guy on the left:

Tim

Good work James and Tim. Is the person on the far left Hernandez for sure? If so, I find it interesting that he is posing, in another picture, with the Military Plans Director of Alpha-66, Narzaio Sergen some years later. AND too, possibly connected in some way with the Dallas Cubans and their safe houses in Dallas. (62-63) Can anyone ID the person on the far right? Tosh

Tim and Tosh,

I believe the only image of Celso Hernandez from the encounter with Bringuier in New Orleans comes from a piece of film. I have used a grab of that below to compare him to the man photographed with Nazario Sargen. Remembering that there could be about 7 years between images.

Tosh, as for the guy on the far right, are you referring to the man in the photograph of Oswald handing out leaflets? I know it has been suggested that this guy might be Chauncey Holt and the guy on the far left might be Charles Rogers.

Can I offer 2 other candidates? Both of these guys are connected to Alpha 66.

FWIW.

James

Edited by James Richards

deleted for space

Edited by Tim Carroll

deleted for space

Edited by Tim Carroll

How do you identify the precise timing of the left photo: Also, isn't there some question about the true nature, timing and outcome of Operation Tilt? (Tim Carroll)

Hi Tim,

I'm working off memory here which is always a dangerous ploy, but I believe the image of Celso Hernandez was originally published in one of Robert Groden's picture books. It might have been the one with the color mug shot of Oswald on the cover, whatever that one was called.

There was some strange things about Tilt but I believe Gonzalez was younger and shorter than the mystery man in question. Here is another look at him (far right of the photo below).

James

deleted for space

Edited by Tim Carroll

Remembering that there could be about 7 years between images.

I believe that these are Virgilio Gonzales:

And these are the same, unidentified gentleman:

Tim

Tim: Ref; Two large pictures. One labeled Celso Hernandez, left and the other labeled 'Unknown Alpha-66. I believe the picture on the left is Hernandez That both of these pictures are Hernandez.

One reason is because of the Dallas connection and Alpha 66. And his standing next to Sargen MPD for Alpha -66 The other reason is I remember this man's face around Zangs Blvd and Harlendale in Dallas's Oak Cliff. At one time I thought his name was Cecil Franandez. I think I had seen him and Lee together shortly after Lee came back from N.O. I am not real sure about the Lee picture in N.O., but I bet it is Hernandez. Impressions... Thanks for all the help Tosh

I think Marina was P.G about this time... ask her. I do not have research... I have only memories...and I'm getting up there in age. Tosh

Remembering that there could be about 7 years between images.

I believe that these are Virgilio Gonzales:

And these are the same, unidentified gentleman:

Tim

Tim; I think V Gonzales was on aboat in the southern Everglades, not far from Port Everglades (REX?) getting ready for a raid into Cuba. Again just my impressions. Tosh

Was Oswald not supposed to live in Dallas in october/november 1962? (Wim Dankbaar)

Indeed he was, Wim.

Hernandez was also involved in the confrontation with Bringuier in New Orleans.

James

-------------------------------------

So it is not so strange if James Files says he met Lee Harvey Oswald through David Atlee Phillips in Clinton, Louisiana in the fall of 1962.

By the way, James, Tim, Tosh, the man with the sunglasses in the pamphlets picture with Oswald (actually it is a still frame of a film) is NOT unknown. It is Chauncey Holt, His superiors (Philip Twombly) were very concerned he had been captured on camera with Oswald.

See the picture in the middle of the page here:

http://jfkmurdersolved.com/holt1.htm

Bud Belcher and Leroy Young are also in that picture.

Chauncey is the key to blow the cover-up wide open, I do not understand why there seems to be so little interest for his story.

Wim