The Education Forum

Teaching Materials and E-HELP

John Simkin

Dan Lyndon and myself I working on producing simulations on the issues of the slave trade and the militant tactics used by the suffragettes before the First World War. The materials will be differentiated (my materials will be for the more able and Dan’s will be for the kind of inner-city children he teaches).

One possibility is to use the materials with the E-HELP group at Toulouse. I could combine this with a paper on ICT and active history techniques in the classroom. Maybe, we should collect a range of papers for our E-HELP website. These papers could be supported by the provision of teaching materials and videos of them being used in the classroom. For example, Dan could film his students using the simulations. Maybe Richard/Anders/Mike could film IB students using the materials. This would show how students of very different abilities could access the same activities.

These papers could be supported by the provision of teaching materials and videos of them being used in the classroom. For example, Dan could film his students using the simulations. Maybe Richard/Anders/Mike could film IB students using the materials. This would show how students of very different abilities could access the same activities.

Good idea. I was thinking of making a case study video of the Child Labour example from the Spartacus site. I have a mind to record the students engaging with the materials in discrete stages.

i) Planning and Researching

ii) Debating Online via the Student Forum

iii) Speeches to Camera.

This is exactly what I have in mind for the resources we develop for our European History curriculum. I want to show how the resources can be used. I have always been most inspired by watching lessons in action.

Dan Lyndon and myself I working on producing simulations on the issues of the slave trade and the militant tactics used by the suffragettes before the First World War. The materials will be differentiated (my materials will be for the more able and Dan’s will be for the kind of inner-city children he teaches).

One possibility is to use the materials with the E-HELP group at Toulouse. I could combine this with a paper on ICT and active history techniques in the classroom. Maybe, we should collect a range of papers for our E-HELP website.

It is a good idea. I think we have to use the teaching materials we are working on for E-HELP project and website. Later we can organise a series of examples of teaching history on internet that can be used in the future course.