The Education Forum

Malcolm Wallace: Part 1

Larry Hancock

Is it because of the subject matter?

Yes, without a doubt about the States. US publishers ( I mean the real ones) DON'T want to publish conspiracy oriented books on the JFK assassination. You can write that JFK was a drug addict, a pervert and a jerk but not that the Warren Commission was wrong.

About the UK, I really don't know what did happen. I don't have the feeling that my publisher did a great job trying to sell the book on foreign markets.

William, do you have any insight into further expert corroboration of the Wallace fingerprint or issues with that?

Also, I was wondering if you obtained any notorized statements from the individuals who have heard the Estes tape or from the fellow (his name escapes me at the moment) who was in the room during one conversation between Cliff Carter and Estes? He had a prior history of carrying money for Carter and Johnson in Texas and was well known to Carter, that much I recall.

On another note though,  while I also initially thought that the Douglas Caddy sent out to aid the Watergate guys was Estes former lawyer,  my reading of some of the books from Watergate participants I got the impression that the DC Caddy was a young fellow who was picked to respond to the call to the law firm based on his lack of experience and visiblity.   I don't know if anyone has really confirmed that link or not but it may be a coincidence (although that would be a heck of a coincidence).

-- Larry

Larry: They are the same Doug Caddy.

And why the print evidence has not gone further is because since Glen Sample obtained Wallace's print from Doug Kinser's murder to do the comparison to the latent, that "channel" has been blocked. As in no one can get access to that print now from Austin DPS. You "need a case to attach it to". I don't think Nathan Darby himself can even get it at this point.

Dawn

I just received word I should not post this and it would be best for me to just forget it. Perhaps, I would have..., until I was told that:

Very interesting Larry and Dawn. Good research paper Larry. Interesting reading. (at least from my view point) I find it interesting and almost proves beyond doubt what I know to be true. Now its a case of proving the connections and the print is the ace.

However, the fingerprint is not a dead issue. I have a source who might help on this very delicate matter. Some Texans, in the Dallas and Austin areas, have known for years about my family associations with some of these Texas politicians and inside fund raisers. (ref; Texas Ranger Mr. xxxxxxxxxxx ret (certified statement on file)

The details are sensitive had have been for years. Even before the 1940's some of our family friends were on the "inside" of some of this Texas wheeling and dealing. From Lockheed at Dallas Love Field, during the war years of the 40's, to Ling Temco Vaught at Hensley Field, and North American Aviation. There have been bits a pieces handed down to me by accident.., and as I got older on purpose. My family played a small part in this Texas political 'mumb-bo' Jum-bo' of the time. (certified copies of Bio on the Plumlee's/Morgans and the Clint Murxxx 1940-1967 done by independent sources names withheld at present)

The fingerprint and palm print was taken off the box by a friend who was there that day. He was law enforcement, active on another project but was for awhile tied to the FBI's investigation in Dallas. The prints on record are not the only prints available. Dallas has copies only. Better ones are available and will soon be released for study. (Mr.xxxxxd Texas Department of Public Safty, Austin Texas; certified affidavate, 1998.)

Because of the circumstances the chain of evidence for these prints has to be established first. And that is in the works as I write this. Its not over yet. Some out there will get pissed at me for this... but I think its time to prove or dis prove this once and for all. (recordered by a Friend ,a well known Texas Researcher who wants to remain annom.)

It has been said when 'Lady Bird" dies then these prints will come forward from the Dallas P.D and the Austin Texas boys. At that time they can be compared with the FBI and the other Dallas prints. When that is done it will tell who (over the years) has tampered with them and perhaps, why. (documented; name withheld at present as agreed)

I guess what I am saying is a set of prints that have not been given to these law enforcement agencies is available and will be forth coming. Remember we are only dealing with copies, which have been held in their law enforcement bins. I am pushing for this and have been told to "Back Off".

When this release is done, then perhaps the established, or tampered history can be changed and rewritten to reflect the truth of that day.

P.S.Other points to consider:

(1) The prints are not LHO.

(2) The prints are not arranged in an order that would indicate moving or loading or stacking the boxes. (documented by letter)

(3) The crew who had put all the boxes on the fifth floor were fingerprinted. Their prints did not match the prints taken from the boxes at the sniper's nest. (certified afda. by letter)

(4) The results of the fingerprinting of the employees were not released to Dallas PD they were retained by the Dallas FBI and not released to Dallas or Texas authorites. (detailed sworn statement from source)

PS2: One other point. I was told the LHO did not leave any prints at the snipers nest.. At least this is what I was told. But I am not sure of this source.

Does anyone out there know if Oswald left any prints behind... on boxes or window frames or doors, ect? If not I find that strange for a person who worked there. Were there any prints taken that were left anywhere by Oswald? If not why. It was a crime scean... the whole building. Right?

Edited by William Plumlee

Tosh,

That is a very interesting article.

Thanks for shared informations as far as you can say.

Have you ever heard about LBJ after he was finished his presidency and left air force one for the last time the things that he took with him?

He took towels and in those towels were papers slid in them. He also took the chair attached to the floor, ect.

What was pointed out from his crew members many years later on after his death that he did hide papers in those towels?

When I heard that it made me wonder what he was sneaking out with?

Have wondered ever since? Who knows it maybe the originals to those copies?

AHA!

Just when I thought I was in over my head and had nothing to contribute, this Douglas Caddy character comes up.

Fred Emery, (Watergate; Touchstone 1994) had this to say about Caddy:

"(immediately after the burglary arrests)...Hunt and Liddy left an amazing haul of easily traceable material behind in [Howard Johnson hotel] Room 214. More was in Room 314, the key to which was also seized from the break-in team ['Macho' i.e., Bernard Barker].  This blunder wrecked whatever strategy they had for maintaining deniability.... Liddy recalled one further detail: Before parting he told Hunt to get in touch with "Caddy" and use the money. Douglas Caddy was a lawyer who had worked at Mullen with Hunt... Hunt drove to Caddy's apartment and related what had happened. Caddy was a very right-wing young man, according to Hunt's associate Robert Bennett. He, too, had worked for Mullen but Bennett arranged Caddy's transfer to the law firm where he was now working...

[at the jail after fingerprinting] "Frank Carter" turned out to be Bernard Barker; "Jene Valdez" was Eugenio Rolando Martinez; "Raoul Godoy" was Virgilio Gonzalez.  Two of those arrested carried fake CIA identification "Edward J. Hamilton" (one of Hunt's old aliases) and "Joseph di Alberto" were the same man, Frank Sturgis, and "Edward Martin" was McCord, who also carried Hunt's alternative "Edward Warren"... 

{Later Caddy withdrew from the defense of Liddy and Hunt and refused the $25,000 in hush money which then went to Hunt's new lawyer, William Bittman.}

Small world, ain't it?

Here is some information on Caddy from the book Secret Agenda by Jim Hougan: After leaving Baldwin at Howard Johnson's, Hunt [went] to his old office in the Executive Office Building. There he placed some materials in his safe and removed $10,000 in cash to be used for bail and as a legal retainer. He then telephoned Douglas Caddy to ask that Caddy represent the men who were under arrest. While not usually a practioner of criminal law, Caddy could be trusted so fas as Hunt was concerned: he had recently served as the Washington representative of the General Foods corporation, working out of an office at the Mullen Company. As such, he had been standing at an important intersection between the public and private sectors: it was General Foods' account with the Mullen Company that provided cover to CIA officers abroad. Whether Caddy knew this or was himself a CIA "asset" is unknown, The Senate seems never have questioned Caddy about his work for Mullen or General Foods.

Hougan's book then makes reference to his Appendix II which is a very interesting read for persons interested in the Watergate story but too lengthy to reproduce here. That Appendix does contain one interesting piece of information, however, that may relate to the Kennedy Assassination. In Appendix II, Hougan states that John Paisley was the CIA's liason with the Plumbers. According to the "namebase" web-site, Secret Agenda was the first book to link Paisley to the Plumbers. Of course, most members of the Forum know that Paisely had reported connections to the investigation of the Kennedy assassination (some say he was a friend of Nosenko) and died under mysterious circumstances on September 23, 1978 (in a death officially ruled a "suicide"). Some people claim Paisley was a Soviet mole. Reportedly, he had on his boat a briefcase of CIA documents that should not have left the CIA.

Tosh, as far as I can recall the only fingerprinting at the crime scene was of the rifle (not the boxes around it), a small number of boxes in the window (not all the boxes which Oswald had supposedly set up as a "nest") and nothing else....including the window which had been raised, the window sill and not even later on of the "Oswald clipboard" - which was found much later in close proximity to where the rifle had been recovered but which was not located on Nov. 22 or that weekend. The clipboard was inferred as a tie to Oswald although its hard to see him running out with a clipboard and a rifle or the coincidence of his impulsively deciding to hide the rifle close to his clipboard.

If anyone has knowledge of more CSI work I'd love to see it; as I pointed out in my paper, thinking of the TSBD as a typical CSI investigation is totally misleading especially given how many people were allowed in and how open the building was left. The CSI guys themselves swore to the FBI it would be impossible to identify the unidentified prints on the boxes because so many people had been in the building with no control over the weekend - which actually makes it sort of fascinating that they did go on to identify all the prints (well all except one and perhaps a couple more) as FBI administrative people who had handled the boxes.

-- Larry

On another note though,  while I also initially thought that the Douglas Caddy sent out to aid the Watergate guys was Estes former lawyer,  my reading of some of the books from Watergate participants I got the impression that the DC Caddy was a young fellow who was picked to respond to the call to the law firm based on his lack of experience and visiblity.  I don't know if anyone has really confirmed that link or not but it may be a coincidence (although that would be a heck of a coincidence).

-- Larry

Larry: They are the same Doug Caddy.

And why the print evidence has not gone further is because since Glen Sample obtained Wallace's print from Doug Kinser's murder to do the comparison to the latent, that "channel" has been blocked. As in no one can get access to that print now from Austin DPS. You "need a case to attach it to". I don't think Nathan Darby himself can even get it at this point.

Dawn

I just received word I should not post this and it would be best for me to just forget it. Perhaps, I would have..., until I was told that:

Very interesting Larry and Dawn. Good research paper Larry. Interesting reading. (at least from my view point) I find it interesting and almost proves beyond doubt what I know to be true. Now its a case of proving the connections and the print is the ace.

However, the fingerprint is not a dead issue. I have a source who might help on this very delicate matter. Some Texans, in the Dallas and Austin areas, have known for years about my family associations with some of these Texas politicians and inside fund raisers. (ref; Texas Ranger Mr. xxxxxxxxxxx ret (certified statement on file)

The details are sensitive had have been for years. Even before the 1940's some of our family friends were on the "inside" of some of this Texas wheeling and dealing. From Lockheed at Dallas Love Field, during the war years of the 40's, to Ling Temco Vaught at Hensley Field, and North American Aviation. There have been bits a pieces handed down to me by accident.., and as I got older on purpose. My family played a small part in this Texas political 'mumb-bo' Jum-bo' of the time. (certified copies of Bio on the Plumlee's/Morgans and the Clint Murxxx 1940-1967 done by independent sources names withheld at present)

The fingerprint and palm print was taken off the box by a friend who was there that day. He was law enforcement, active on another project but was for awhile tied to the FBI's investigation in Dallas. The prints on record are not the only prints available. Dallas has copies only. Better ones are available and will soon be released for study. (Mr.xxxxxd Texas Department of Public Safty, Austin Texas; certified affidavate, 1998.)

Because of the circumstances the chain of evidence for these prints has to be established first. And that is in the works as I write this. Its not over yet. Some out there will get pissed at me for this... but I think its time to prove or dis prove this once and for all. (recordered by a Friend ,a well known Texas Researcher who wants to remain annom.)

It has been said when 'Lady Bird" dies then these prints will come forward from the Dallas P.D and the Austin Texas boys. At that time they can be compared with the FBI and the other Dallas prints. When that is done it will tell who (over the years) has tampered with them and perhaps, why. (documented; name withheld at present as agreed)

I guess what I am saying is a set of prints that have not been given to these law enforcement agencies is available and will be forth coming. Remember we are only dealing with copies, which have been held in their law enforcement bins. I am pushing for this and have been told to "Back Off".

When this release is done, then perhaps the established, or tampered history can be changed and rewritten to reflect the truth of that day.

P.S.Other points to consider:

(1) The prints are not LHO.

(2) The prints are not arranged in an order that would indicate moving or loading or stacking the boxes. (documented by letter)

(3) The crew who had put all the boxes on the fifth floor were fingerprinted. Their prints did not match the prints taken from the boxes at the sniper's nest. (certified afda. by letter)

(4) The results of the fingerprinting of the employees were not released to Dallas PD they were retained by the Dallas FBI and not released to Dallas or Texas authorites. (detailed sworn statement from source)

PS2: One other point. I was told the LHO did not leave any prints at the snipers nest.. At least this is what I was told. But I am not sure of this source.

Does anyone out there know if Oswald left any prints behind... on boxes or window frames or doors, ect? If not I find that strange for a person who worked there. Were there any prints taken that were left anywhere by Oswald? If not why. It was a crime scean... the whole building. Right?

Ooops, sorry about that, my reply to Tosh mentioned some details that were not in the papers I posted, but in additional work on this. In any event, the remarks I mentioned were in a lengthy response that the FBI was forced to give the WC when called on the issue of the unidentified prints and that response contains the remarks by the Dallas CSI officers. Additionally, Ian Griggs interviewed one of the fellows who worked in a book publisher in the building who said he entered the building over the weekend, found the door unlocked and nobody around and essentially wondered over the whole building unmolested. Which indeed illustrates that lack of concern over remaining evidence and the possiblity of removal or tampering with the scene.

• 3 months later...
William Reymond

Posted Nov 30 2004, 03:51 PM

Is it because of the subject matter?

Yes, without a doubt about the States. US publishers ( I mean the real ones) DON'T want to publish conspiracy oriented books on the JFK assassination. You can write that JFK was a drug addict, a pervert and a jerk but not that the Warren Commission was wrong.

About the UK, I really don't know what did happen. I don't have the feeling that my publisher did a great job trying to sell the book on foreign markets.

John Simkin

Posted Nov 30 2004, 01:25 PM

QUOTE(William Reymond @ Nov 29 2004, 10:07 PM)

JFK, le dernier témoin was published in France (and avaible in Blegium, Swizterland and Quebec), Spain, Japan, Estonia and Bulgaria but not in the States or the UK. And to be very honest, I don't think that it will happen soon.

Is the book available in English? With your reputation as an investigative journalist, I am very surprised you have been unable to find a publisher in the USA and the UK. Is it because of the subject matter?

By the way, great work on the Drummond case.

Larry, William, John,

Great article and posts on this topic! And the benefit of comments from the author of Billie Sol Estes book published in french is truly amazing on this board. An english version of Estes story with the support of the taped transcripts would be a big story in America, I would think.

Someone recently posted what looked like the front cover of the Estes book with some promotional material that outlined the contents inside the book. It was a web site for pre-promotion of the book here: http://www.billiesolestes.com/

I took that information to my local library and Borders Books to find out how to get my hands on a copy. I even considered buying the french version and then trying to figure out how to translate it.

Put me on your publisher's list of VERY interested customers and consider including a CD ROM or DVD of the Estes tapes where he tells the full story in his own words.

Jeff Dahlstrom

Jeff, it is my understanding that Billy Sol has sold some limited quantities of a new book in recent months that it has most recently been out of stock.

I've seen at least one post from someone who has read it and apparently he does name some additional details and specifically some names of those involved or with knowledge.

I don't have a copy of the book myself at this point.

It is not being distributed or promoted by a major publisher as far as I can tell.

Larry

• 10 months later...

Larry, you might be interested in this account that appeared in The Dallas Morning News (13th May, 1984)

In 1961, Wallace left Texas to go to Anaheim, Calif., to work for Ling Electronics. The change of jobs is what prompted the 1961 background check, said one of the former Navy intelligence officers. The officer, who conducted the background check, said "There was an investigation; that I can verify." He asked that his name not be used. The second Navy intelligence officer, who supervised the Texas end of the background check and now works in Dallas, confirmed that the report was compiled and forwarded to Washington.

Wallace had been active in politics while at the University of Texas, and authorities who investigated the Kinser murder said they found information linking Wallace to Communist Party activity in the United States, according to one investigator, who also wished that his name not be used.

Former Texas Ranger Clint Peoples, who investigated the Kinser murder, said the Navy intelligence officer who compiled the background report indicated to him in November 1961 that Johnson may have been a factor behind Wallace's employment with the defense contractors. "I was furious that they would even consider a security clearance for Wallace with the background he had," said Peoples, who is a U. S. Marshal in Dallas. "I asked him (the intelligence officer) how in the world Wallace could get the security clearance and he said 'politics," Peoples said. "I asked who could be so strong and powerful in politics that he could get a clearance for a man like this, and he said "the vice president."

• 10 months later...
Nigel Turner once told me about someone who introduced himself as one of the former jury members on the Malcolm Wallace murder trial. He had carried with him a burden of guilt because of the outcome of the trial, but explained that the jury members, each one, had been threatened. Describing the period of time during the trial, he said that one evening during dinner, he and his wife were interupted by two well dressed men who knocked at his door. As he responded to the callers, he noticed that one of them held a shotgun in his hands. After cocking the gun, the visitor pointed the weapon and the man and pulled the trigger. Click. The weapon was empty. "This gun could just as easily have been loaded" warned the visitor. "Be very careful about your decision" And then the men were gone.

These kind of men were plentiful, and Johnson had the knack of finding them and keeping them loyal.

Welcome to the Forum. I am a great admirer of your work on Mac Wallace. (Would you be willing to discuss 'The Men on the Sixth Floor' on the Forum?).

The jury found Wallace guilty. Wasn't it the judge who gave him 5 years probation? That wouldn't be the fault of the jury. It looks to me like it was the judge who gave in to a threat (or accepted an offer he couldn't refuse).

True. The judge, Charles O. Betts, was clearly under the control of LBJ. According to Bill Adler of The Texas Observer, several of the jurors telephoned John Kinser's parents to apologize for agreeing to a "suspended sentence, but said they did so only because threats had been made against their families."

• 2 weeks later...
Nigel Turner once told me about someone who introduced himself as one of the former jury members on the Malcolm Wallace murder trial. He had carried with him a burden of guilt because of the outcome of the trial, but explained that the jury members, each one, had been threatened. Describing the period of time during the trial, he said that one evening during dinner, he and his wife were interupted by two well dressed men who knocked at his door. As he responded to the callers, he noticed that one of them held a shotgun in his hands. After cocking the gun, the visitor pointed the weapon and the man and pulled the trigger. Click. The weapon was empty. "This gun could just as easily have been loaded" warned the visitor. "Be very careful about your decision" And then the men were gone.

These kind of men were plentiful, and Johnson had the knack of finding them and keeping them loyal.

Glen Sample

Glen Sample

In the early to mid 90's I began to uncover some very serious corruption in the legal system in Austin Tx. It was downright scary. At this time I was close friends with Richard Bartholomew and would tell him of my discoveries, but, he was working with J Harrison on the Wallace case and was sworn to secrecy. So all Richard could ever tell me was "just wait, something big is in the works". I met J on 11/21/97 during my first trip to Dallas. And was immediately let in on all the secrets. Including the above intimidation of jurors.

I love this town but....this stuff is pure evil.

Dawn

Edited by Dawn Meredith