The Education Forum

How did the police first learn of 1026 N. Beckley?

Steve Thomas

Tosh,

Do you know about the other place? This was a small place LHO and Marina rented down the street? It too, was a hard place to get into. Are you familiar with the doorway and how to get to this small apartment. And do you know the real address?. That too is an interesting story.

No. I hvae never heard of this other place.

Steve Thomas

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tosh,

Do you know about the other place? This was a small place LHO and Marina rented down the street? It too, was a hard place to get into. Are you familiar with the doorway and how to get to this small apartment. And do you know the real address?. That too is an interesting story.

No. I hvae never heard of this other place.

Steve Thomas

Perhaps others out there should cover this subject if they know. I think it is interesting as to the dates Oswald lived there. (at to this other place) I'll leave it here for now and hope someone comes forward with factual information that we can compare. Thanks for the interest and your post. I hope this leads somewhere for you. Tosh

• 1 year later...
How did the police first learn that Oswald lived at 1026 N. Beckley? ... Captain Fritz knew Oswald lived on Beckley before he started talking to him. The address didn’t come from Oswald and it didn’t come from any of the arresting officers. The Sheriff’s Deputies didn’t learn it until after the police had already arrived at Beckley. If Hosty can be believed, it didn’t come from the FBI. I believe it came from someone associated with military intelligence.

Steve Thomas

Fascinating piece of research. I cannot see how anyone could disagree with your concluding paragraph.

Fascinating, indeed, tho' there is one other possibility with respect to where the info came from, and that is DPD Intelligence (which is not necessarily an oxymoron!).

Recall the case of Joe Molina, another TSBD employee who was investigated - some would say "harassed" - by investigators after the assassination. They kept tabs on him because of his membership in something called the "GI Forum." It was akin to a VFW or American Legion, though aimed more toward Mexican-American veterans; the biggest achievement they claimed - and it may still be their true crowning glory - was in having veterans benefits extended to those of Mexican descent who served.

Molina was apparently like many "V" members are today: proud to be a veteran, and glad to exchange war stories over a beer or two. Joe was interested for the social aspects of the group, and did not appear (or claim) to be interested in the "political" functions the Forum pursued. Whether this means he liked to practice 12-ounce curls after work, or whether it's where he took his wife to dance on Saturday nights, your guess is as good as mine.

Nevertheless, Molina was considered a "subversive" (and, in fact, somewhere on this forum, someone suggested the possibility, however remote, that LHO had been hired into the TSBD to "keep his eye on" Molina), as were most left-leaning organizations, ones far to the right of anything like CPUSA; even the ACLU was considered worthy of infiltration. Some writers (from outside of Texas) considered "radical right" to be "middle of the road" in Dallas!

Thus to suggest that DPD was well aware of LHO does not seem a large stretch. Only a few years before, he'd been headlined as a defector, and only a short while before noted to have returned. At one point, as memory serves, he attended an ACLU meeting or rally with none other than Michael Paine, whom some people consider to be much farther to the right than attending anything ACLU-related would seem to suggest.

His "Soviet" background, his Russian wife, his pro-Castro activities in N'Orleans, his attendance at an ACLU event ... how is he likely to have escaped their radar if Molina and his bunch of Mexican US Service Veterans were caught square within it?

I also don't think it a far stretch for LE and military types in and around Dallas to have unofficially exchanged information about what they were doing and who they were keeping tabs on, even if they didn't do so officially. Hoover, we know, was also very much to the right of center, and sympathetic (it would seem) to Walker and his JBS/Minutemen cohorts: witness both Walker and Hoover's regular use of the name "Rubenstein" even though Jack's name had legally been "Ruby" for years!

While his stricture to his agents was to get as much information from the locals as possible while giving as little as possible in return, there is always a quid pro quo when it comes to exchanging information. How much is "too much?"

No, "DPD Intelligence" is not an oxymoron, and frankly, I think the "Keystone Kops" rep they gained after the assassination has served them well.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest John Gillespie

"Because of that 40 minute wait at the Irving address, the police actually arrived at the Beckley St. address BEFORE they searched the Irving address. They did not search the room on Beckley until Detective Turner, David Johnston, and Deputy DA Bill Alexander arrived with a search warrant at 4:30 or 5:00PM (Potts, Dallas City Archives - JFK Collection)

So, if the police had already been at Beckley for 30 minutes before they began the search at Irving to find a telephone number that they criss-crossed, how did they know about Beckley?"

Outstanding!! This, for me, is new information; a good example of why I love to browse within the Forum.

Thank you Steve. This dispatch may be the finest pieces of work I have seen - published or unpublished - about this facet of the investigation.

Gerry Hemming, in Weberman's site, referred to the N. Beckley Street address as a Safehouse. So, in benign terms, Fritz may simply have gotten it from DPD Intelligence; as The Duke suggests, that's not necessarily an oxymoron.

Regards, Bravo,

JAG

Guest John Gillespie
I have a slight correction to make:

Orginally, I wrote:

In the National Archives, there is a message dated November 26, 1963 from the Commanding General, U.S. Continental Army Command re-transmitting a message dated November 23, 1963 from someone at Fort Sam Houston, in San Antonio to CINC U.S. Strike Command at McDill Air Force Base in Florida. The November 23rd message summarizes a telephone conversation between a Captain Saxton in Strike Command and a Lieutenant Colonel Fons, Deputy Chief of Staff, Intelligence at 4th Army Headquarters at Fort Sam Houston that took place on November 23, 1963. In the middle of this summary, there is this passage:

Though the original message is dated as November 23rd, the time given is 0405 Z.

I believe this is Coordinated Zulu Time. The Centrl Time Zone is I believe, six hours behind GMT which would mean the time the original message was sent from Dallas would be about 11:00 PM on the 22nd.

Steve Thomas

"Zulu Time?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introduction

The world is divided into basically 24 time zones. For easy reference in communications, a letter of the alphabet has been assigned to each time zone. The "clock" at Greenwich, England is used as the standard clock for international reference of time in communications, military, aviation, maritime and other activities that cross time zones. The letter designator for this clock is Z.

Times written in military time (24 hour format) are four digits, such as, 1830Z (6:30 pm) with the Zulu suffix. Note that the phonetic alphabet is used for the letter Z (Zulu). This time is usually referred to as Zulu Time because of the letter assigned to this time zone. Its official name is Coordinated Universal Time or UTC. This time zone had previously been called Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) but was replaced with UTC in 1972 as the official world time standard changed. While GMT is based on Earth's rotation and celestial measurements, UTC is a based on cesium-beam atomic clocks. The two clocks are rarely more than a second apart as leap seconds are applied to UTC."

Central is six hours behind Greenwich and I believe it would have been on Central Standard Time in November. Keep all this up...I'm drinkin' the Cool Aid!

BTW, re: Jones...I attended the school at Ft. Holabird twice in the mid and late sixties. I never heard of any "Advanced Intelligence" course, not that there couldn't have been one, except that it may have been labeled something else. Also, if Jones was there for an 18 month period he likely was in a Command slot, of which there were relatively few. Instructors get rotated more frequently, except civilians. Christopher Pyle, a thumbnail bio of which appears here, was one of my instructors. He seemed to be the only one not advocating making ...'Haiphong harbor a mud puddle.' Now, where have I heard that one before?? I took Constitutional Law instruction from him. I think I'll contact him and suggest he join. Chris would like it here. Besides, we might get some insider stuff about Ervin et al.

From Wikipedia:

Christopher H. Pyle learned while in the U.S. Army in the 1960s that "Army intelligence had 1,500 plainclothes agents watching every demonstration of 20 people or more throughout the United States" [1] [2]. His disclosure of the Army's spying in January 1970 began the era we now call Watergate in this sense: Senator Sam Ervin, who led the Watergate investigation, got his start investigating the Army's spying, and Pyle worked as an investigator for Ervin's Judiciary Subcommittee on Constitutional Rights; Ervin's further investigations, together with the Church Committee inquiries, lead to the founding of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. Pyle consulted for three Congressional committees.

[edit]

Background

Christopher H. Pyle is a Professor of Politics at Mt. Holyoke. He is the author of several books and Congressional reports. He has testified numerous times before the U.S. Congress on issues of deportation and extradition.

Edited by John Gillespie

• 1 month later...

John,

Christopher Pyle, a thumbnail bio of which appears here, was one of my instructors. He seemed to be the only one not advocating making ...'Haiphong harbor a mud puddle.' Now, where have I heard that one before?? I took Constitutional Law instruction from him. I think I'll contact him and suggest he join. Chris would like it here. Besides, we might get some insider stuff about Ervin et al.

Thank you for your kind words.

I think it would be outstanding if Christopher Pyle could join.

Steve Thomas

• 4 years later...

112th Military Intelligence Group

Jones says that eight to twelve men worked plainclothes duty in San Antonio and Dallas to suppliment Secret Service security, and that both James Powell and Ed Coyle worked that day, though Powell said he was off duty.

Jones claims that he got a call from a Dallas Police source offering the name A. J. Hidell, who Jones then checks in the name file and comes up with the alias for Oswald, which came from his New Orleans arrest for FPCC activities.

Jones says he contacted FBI in Dallas and gave them what he had in the Oswald file, defection to USSR, FPCC arrest in New Orleans, but doesn't say anything about an address in Dallas.

Nor had Jones ever heard of Gen. Whitmyer, the head of the Army Reserves unit in Dallas that also included Col. Brandy/Lumkin(driver of Pilot Car) and DPD CIS (Revell and Ganaway).

Col. Robert Jones HSCA Unpublished Testimony: http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/hsca/unpub_testimony/Jones_4-20-78/html/jones_0002a.htm

Lancer Highlights of Jones testimony: http://www.jfklancer.com/RobertJones.html

• 5 years later...

How did the police first learn that Oswald lived at 1026 N. Beckley?

His employment records at the TSBD listed him at 2515 W. 5th St. in Irving. So how did they know about Beckley?

<snip>

Captain Fritz knew Oswald lived on Beckley before he started talking to him. The address didn’t come from Oswald and it didn’t come from any of the arresting officers. The Sheriff’s Deputies didn’t learn it until after the police had already arrived at Beckley. If Hosty can be believed, it didn’t come from the FBI. I believe it came from someone associated with military intelligence.

Steve Thomas

Steve, this is a beautiful thread from 12 years ago; excellent documentation.

My response is that I wouldn't believe much that Dallas FBI agent James Hosty ever said. He told the Secret Service PRS who asked the Dallas FBI about dangerous people in Dallas, that there were none. This is a matter of record.

Actually, Hosty knew not only that LHO was working on the JFK parade route, but also that General Walker was behind the violent humiliation of United Nations Ambassador Adlai Stevenson only 30 days prior.

Hosty also knew that Robert Allen Surrey was the publisher of the WANTED FOR TREASON: JFK handbill -- even though Hosty swore under oath that he had no idea who published that handbill. (And Hosty told the Secret Service PRS that he had no idea who published that handbill, when they asked prior to the JFK visit.)

Penn Jones Jr. wrote that James Hosty was actually the "bridge partner" of Robert Allen Surrey for years.

Well, the main task of FBI agent James Hosty in 1962-1963 was to spy on the Radical Right in Dallas -- according to Hosty himself in his well-known book, Assignment: Oswald (1995).

So, one could argue that James Hosty had been the bridge partner of Robert Allen Surrey for years just in order to spy on the Radical Right (since Robert Allen Surrey was also a publisher for the American Nazi Party at that time).

Either way, however (as a friend or as spy), James Hosty could never be ignorant of the fact that Robert Allen Surrey was the publisher of the WANTED FOR TREASON: JFK handbill. Now, Surrey had his office inside the Turtle Creek home of General Walker. (See the new book by Jeff Caufield, General Walker and the Murder of President Kennedy (2015)).

So -- here is the breakdown in US Government communications: between the Secret Service PRS and the Dallas FBI office, because Hosty deliberately withheld vital evidence.

So -- we can't believe Hosty.

Where, then, did the Dallas DPD get the address of 1026 North Beckley on Lee Harvey Oswald?

The name that has been neglected so far in this interesting thread, was Dallas Postal Inspector Harry Holmes.

Holmes claimed in his WC testimony that upon the news of the arrest of Oswald at about 2 PM, he checked his records and found that Oswald had a PO Box in Dallas, for which Oswald had applied on November 1st, 1963, and that Oswald had used his 1026 North Beckley address in that PO Box application form.

According to Harry Holmes, he contacted the DPD immediately with this information. That's how Captain Fritz knew before 3 PM. (As for Captain Fritz, he was old, and events went too fast for him, to be generous, so he didn't recall that the DPD got the data from the Post Office.)

Sorry, but that's a logical explanation to me -- and one doesn't need to bring in the Military Intelligence to explain the situation.

Holmes had Lee Harvey Oswald's personal signature on the fact, right there on his PO Box application form. There was the address. Now -- does anybody have material evidence that can dispute the claims of Dallas Postal Inspector Harry Holmes?

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo

• 1 month later...

Paul,

How did the police first learn that Oswald lived at 1026 N. Beckley?

His employment records at the TSBD listed him at 2515 W. 5th St. in Irving. So how did they know about Beckley?

<snip>

Captain Fritz knew Oswald lived on Beckley before he started talking to him. The address didn’t come from Oswald and it didn’t come from any of the arresting officers. The Sheriff’s Deputies didn’t learn it until after the police had already arrived at Beckley. If Hosty can be believed, it didn’t come from the FBI. I believe it came from someone associated with military intelligence.

Steve Thomas

My response is that I wouldn't believe much that Dallas FBI agent James Hosty ever said. He told the Secret Service PRS who asked the Dallas FBI about dangerous people in Dallas, that there were none. This is a matter of record.

Holmes claimed in his WC testimony that upon the news of the arrest of Oswald at about 2 PM, he checked his records and found that Oswald had a PO Box in Dallas, for which Oswald had applied on November 1st, 1963, and that Oswald had used his 1026 North Beckley address in that PO Box application form.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Thank you.

I too stopped believing Hosty when he told the WC that he had visited the Irving Street address twice in November and gotten Oswald's phone number from either Marina or Ruth Paine, but still didn't know of the Beckley St. address as of the 22nd.

He didn't criss-cross the phone number? It took the Sheriff's Deputies like five minutes.

That's kind of interesting about Holmes. I took a look at Homes Exhibit 1 in volume XX.

That's an application for P.O. Box 6225 on Novemmber 1st, but the home address looks like 3610 N. Beckley, not 1026.

I wonder what was at 3610?

Steve Thomas

Paul,

Thank you.

I too stopped believing Hosty when he told the WC that he had visited the Irving Street address twice in November and gotten Oswald's phone number from either Marina or Ruth Paine, but still didn't know of the Beckley St. address as of the 22nd.

He didn't criss-cross the phone number? It took the Sheriff's Deputies like five minutes.

That's kind of interesting about Holmes. I took a look at Homes Exhibit 1 in volume XX.

That's an application for P.O. Box 6225 on Novemmber 1st, but the home address looks like 3610 N. Beckley, not 1026.

Steve Thomas

Steve,

You just shook my reality again, with this different street number for the North Beckley address. If Postmaster Holmes had this incorrect address, then how did he learn so quickly that LHO really had a different street number?

I'm stumped for the time being. This makes Postmaster Holmes far more suspicious in my opinion.

As for Hosty, there are many reasons that I just accuse him of participation in General Walker's JFK plot. The first instance of his complicity is accidentally given by Associate Director of the FBI, Alan Belmont to the WC on May 4,1964. Let's review that snippet:

-------- BEGIN EXTRACT OF ALAN BELMONT WITNESS TO WC -- MAY 4, 1964 -----------------

Mr. DULLES - ...Now, it wasn't quite clear to me yesterday...as to whether the opening of a new case in New Orleans, because of the new incident, would operate to reopen it or change the closed status of the case in Dallas, and the case was then transferred from New Orleans to Dallas later. If you could clear that up for us I think it would be helpful.

Mr. BELMONT - The agent, Fain at the time, who handled the case, closed the case after two interviews with Oswald, arriving at the conclusion that the purpose of our investigation of Oswald which was to determine whether he had been given an assignment by Soviet intelligence, had been served. He closed the case, as he felt there was no further action to be taken. The purpose had been satisfied. Headquarters agreed. In March 1963 Agent Hosty received information in Dallas to the effect that Oswald had been in communication with The Worker, the east coast Communist newspaper. He therefore reinstituted the case, and sent out a lead to check Oswald's employment. He also received information, as I recall it, that Oswald had been in communication with the Fair Play for Cuba Committee, so there were two incidents that aroused his interest. In June 1963 our New Orleans office likewise received information that Oswald had communicated with The Worker or was on a subscription list for The Worker. So that the case was revived in Dallas by Hosty.

. . .

Mr. STERN - ...A report by Agent Hosty [regards] alleged Fair Play for Cuba Committee activity by Oswald while he was still residing in Dallas. Have you found that an investigation was conducted to determine whether that was accurate and do you think it should have been investigated?

Mr. BELMONT - As to whether he was active with the Fair Play for Cuba Committee in Dallas? We did check. We have rather excellent coverage of such activities. There is no evidence whatsoever to indicate that he was active with the Fair Play for Cuba Committee in Dallas. And, as a matter of fact, I can go a step further and say that following his dissemination of pamphlets and his activities in New Orleans, our inquiry of our sources who are competent to tell us what is going on in the organizations such as Fair Play for Cuba Committee, advised that he was not known to them in New Orleans. So that his activities in New Orleans were of his own making, and not as a part of the organized activities of the Fair Play for Cuba Committee.

. . .

Mr. STERN - Does your answer imply, Mr. Belmont, that there were Fair Play for Cuba activities in Dallas and New Orleans that you knew about?

Mr. BELMONT - No; we do not have information of Fair Play for Cuba activities in Dallas nor any organized activity in New Orleans. So that this letter that you refer to, which was undated, was, as in so many things that Oswald wrote, not based on fact.

-------- END EXTRACT OF ALAN BELMONT WITNESS TO WC -- MAY 4, 1964 -----------------

This is preliminary, but it piques my interest -- James Hosty was accusing LHO of Communism back in March, 1963, but the FBI Headquarters denied the allegations. Oswald was not a member of any Communist Party -- to the very best information from FBI informants who would surely know -- and further, Oswald was not an officer of the FPCC -- to the best information of their sources.

Yet Hosty was already trying to build a case against LHO at this point. Why? Who was behind this?

Penn Jones, Jr. wrote in his MIRROR periodical that James Hosty was the bridge partner of Robert Alan Surrey for years. Surrey had a private office inside the very home of General Walker. I use this to link Hosty with General Walker, and I want as much FBI material on this relationship as I can get. Walker seems to have been hostile to Oswald since early 1963, simply because Oswald had lived in the USSR, and Walker was a dedicated Anticommunist.

If Hosty was on Walker's side, then his behavior in March 1963, alleging the Communism of Oswald to the FBI Headquarters, makes sense even in the face of FBI Headquarters totally rejecting Hosty's claims of Communism in LHO.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Paul,

I too stopped believing Hosty when he told the WC that he had visited the Irving Street address twice in November and gotten Oswald's phone number from either Marina or Ruth Paine, but still didn't know of the Beckley St. address as of the 22nd. He didn't criss-cross the phone number? It took the Sheriff's Deputies like five minutes.

That's kind of interesting about Holmes. I took a look at Homes Exhibit 1 in volume XX. That's an application for P.O. Box 6225 on November 1st, but the home address looks like 3610 N. Beckley, not 1026.

Steve Thomas

Steve,

Getting back to the theme of your interesting thread -- the question is now haunting me -- since the Dallas PO Box application form signed by LHO on November 1, 1963, clearly gave the address as "3610 North Beckley," how could Postmaster Harry Holmes be telling the truth when he said he checked it soon after the J.D. Tippit murder and found LHO's address -- because it was really "1026 North Beckley" !!

The more I think about it, it's a major clue about the participation of the DPD and the good ole boys among Dallas officials in the JFK conspiracy, IMHO.

Now, IMHO, all these good ole boys were on the Radical Right, which was common in the South, and in Dallas the leader of the Radical Right was the former General Edwin Walker, resigned.

But that's another story. I'll try to focus on the issue at hand, which is how the "1026 North Beckley" address came to Harry Holmes when actually the PO Box application he cited had a different number.

You say it took the DPD 5 minutes to criss-cross Ruth Paine's address with LHO's Beckley address -- but how? From what I see, the first that the DPD learned of the North Beckley address was from Postmaster Harry Holmes. Where else would they get the data?

Yet what puzzles me today is that even the Warren Commission recognized this different number explicitly, and just passed over it. Here's the extract:

--------- BEGIN EXTRACT OF HARRY HOLMES WC TESTIMONY -- April 4, 1964 --------------------

Mr. BELIN. Then business address, there is a dash running through there, and home address is "3610 North Beckley," is that correct?

Mr. HOLMES. That's correct. That is the address he gave as the residential address when he rented the box.

Mr. BELIN. Then there is a signature "Lee H. Oswald," with the date of November 1, 1963?

Mr. HOLMES. This clerk told me that the man definitely filled this thing out himself.

--------- END EXTRACT OF HARRY HOLMES WC TESTIMONY -- April 4, 1964 --------------------

That was the last mention of that address in the testimony. Not even a peep about LHO's actual address being "1026 North Beckley."

This is close to a smoking gun, IMHO. Maybe there's a benign explanation for this and I'm just ignorant of it. But otherwise, this is a major clue. Your original question from 2004, Steve, is as timely today as it was when you wrote it:

How did the police first learn of 1026 N. Beckley?

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Steve,

I still don't have any solid leads about how Dallas Postmaster Harry Holmes could obtain LHO's PO Box order giving his address as "3610 North Beckley", and then send the Dallas Police the correct address, of "1026 North Beckley."

The time frames are too short. The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

Here I had come onto your legacy thread, believing that I had cracked this case wide open -- but now I'm back to the starting point, and I agree the spirit with your opening question.

Now -- here's why I'm writing today. I don't have a material lead, but we already know about LHO's landlady at 1026 North Beckley, namely, Earlene Roberts, who said that during the few minutes in which LHO had returned from work to his small room that afternoon, she saw a Dallas Police car outside her rooming house, who parked there, and tapped the horn two times.

She was expecting a Dallas Police car herself, for some specific business that she was transacting, so she looked at the Dallas Police car number, and noticed it was a different number, so she realized it wasn't for her -- and then they drove away.

Now -- we can speculate all day -- and many CTers think that the Dallas Police who drove by were trying to signal LHO. I will set that aside for a moment, and highlight only one observation -- some of the Dallas Police already knew where LHO lived.

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

• 2 months later...
On 10/18/2016 at 9:40 AM, Paul Trejo said:

Steve,

Getting back to the theme of your interesting thread -- the question is now haunting me -- since the Dallas PO Box application form signed by LHO on November 1, 1963, clearly gave the address as "3610 North Beckley," how could Postmaster Harry Holmes be telling the truth when he said he checked it soon after the J.D. Tippit murder and found LHO's address -- because it was really "1026 North Beckley" !!

You say it took the DPD 5 minutes to criss-cross Ruth Paine's address with LHO's Beckley address -- but how? From what I see, the first that the DPD learned of the North Beckley address was from Postmaster Harry Holmes. Where else would they get the data?

--Paul Trejo

Paul,

The significance of 3610 N. Beckley on Oswald's application for P.O. Box 6225 might relate to Gary Taylor's WC testimony that he thought Oswald was living at the Coz-I-Eight apartments who's address was 1306 N. Beckley during two weeks of October 19 - November 3, 1962 when Oswald went "missing".

The Sheriff's Deputies called Decker about the number in Ruth Paine's address book and asked him to run a criss-cross. I don't remember right now if he did it, or he called the DPD and asked them to run it.

Steve Thomas

On 1/19/2017 at 3:45 PM, Steve Thomas said:

Paul,

The significance of 3610 N. Beckley on Oswald's application for P.O. Box 6225 might relate to Gary Taylor's WC testimony that he thought Oswald was living at the Coz-I-Eight apartments who's address was 1306 N. Beckley during two weeks of October 19 - November 3, 1962 when Oswald went "missing".

The Sheriff's Deputies called Decker about the number in Ruth Paine's address book and asked him to run a criss-cross. I don't remember right now if he did it, or he called the DPD and asked them to run it.

Steve Thomas

Steve,

It still smells fishy to me.  Gary Taylor was not asked for an address on the day of the JFK shooting.

The more obvious connection is the appearance of a DPD car at Oswald's rooming house only minutes after the JFK shooting.

So, I'm saying that Harry Holmes was inside a DPD plot to frame Oswald which ignited early that morning when Oswald handed over his rifle to somebody he thought was his friend.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

IMHO, the Dallas plot started in late September 1963, between Guy Banister, General Walker and Joseph Milteer.   LHO was finally sheep-dipped and heading to Mexico City where he was certain to strike-out.  After he returned to Dallas, LHO would be framed in the assassination of JFK who had already been announced to come through Dallas.   All dignitaries who paraded through Dallas came down from Love Field airport to Main Street, so that part was settled right away.

Right by Dealey Plaza on Houston and Main stands the Dallas County Jail, and according to my sources, right inside that County Jail there were still public executions (by hanging and electric chair) going on in Dallas.  Also, the area behind the Grassy Knoll was a gated parking lot for the Sherrif's Department at the County Jail, and other County officers.  It was "home turf."  JFK was doomed the day he announced he was going to Dallas.  

IMHO, the report by Gareth Wean (1971) that in December 1963 he heard from Senator John Tower, actor Audie Murphy and Sheriff Bill Decker that General Walker was behind the plot -- was 100% TRUE.  Lots of people knew about it -- not only Bill Decker and John Tower.   Captain Will Fritz knew about it.  So did Deputy Buddy Walthers.  So did DPD Chief Jesse Curry.  So did Mayor Earle Cabell.  So did Postmaster Harry Holmes.

There is more evidence to support this CT than ever existed for any CIA-did-it, Mafia-did-it, or LBJ-did it CT.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo
typos