The Education Forum

Did Billy Lovelady remain on the TSBD steps after Officer Baker's arrival?

Sandy Larsen

Look at alleged Lovelady's neck, below. The left part is bright from the sun shining on it. The  left part is dark from the shade (i.e. the sun not shining on it). The bright/dark transition creates a vertical line that is useful in determining where the middle of Lovelady's neck is relative to the woman in front of him. I will call this line the Neck Pointer. Pretend for the sake of this post that the bottom of this line has a pointer pointing down.

In this frame the Neck Pointer points to the right part of the woman's head.

is_it_lovelady_zpsmbkdr4zh.jpg

And yet in this frame the Neck Pointer points to the right of the woman's head:

is_it_lovelady_tee_shirt_zpshcjfqluu.jpg

This supports my contention that Lovelady has move to our and the woman's right. And that is why his tee shirt appears to be visible. The woman's head isn't covering the whole thing up in this frame.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/23/2017 at 3:33 PM, Sandy Larsen said:

Thanks Tommy. I'm glad somebody appreciates these new images.

Of course, all I did was crop and enlarge them, and make the "turning head" animated gif. Robin and/or Chris provided the improved images.

Considering that these frames were filmed just 30 seconds after Altgens 6, which shows Lovelady standing in the same area -- the very area he'd been standing in from the beginning of the filming, when the procession had just turned the corner onto Houston -- I think it's very likely that this man is Lovelady.

The only "mysterious" thing is that Shelley seems not to be there. But hey, Lovelady and Shelley weren't joined at the hips. Obviously the employees on the steps moved around right after hearing the shots. Shelley could have stepped inside for a moment, or could have crossed the street for a moment to get a better view of what was going on.

Sandy,

As I've tried to point out on different threads, Lovelady was actually standing next to the center hand rail in Altgens6.  It's just hard to realize that because of the 120-degree angle (iirc) Ike Altgens was to the plane of the TSBD's facade, and the fact that the left wall of the steps / entryway jutted out so much in the LOS of his camera as to make it seem that Lovelady aka Doorman was standing next to that wall.

--  Tommy :sun

10 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

Sandy,

As I've tried to point out on different threads, Lovelady was actually standing next to the center hand rail in Altgens6.  It's just hard to realize that because of the 120-degree angle (iirc) Ike Altgens was to the plane of the TSBD's facade, and the fact that the left wall of the steps / entryway jutted out so much in the LOS of his camera as to make it seem that Lovelady aka Doorman was standing next to that wall.

--  Tommy :sun

Tommy,

Well yeah, I know Lovelady moved around a little. He even took a step down. I was just saying that we see him in that general area the whole time... at or near the top of the steps, over on the west side.