The Education Forum

Bob Vernon

John Simkin

I have something positive to say about Bob Vernon. When I was a kid (about Gibson's age?), I was a big Fats Domino fan.

I also think that Jimmy Swaggart got what he deserved. But he's still a good singer (if you like gospel music). Even better than Fats.

Ron

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob and Wim agreed to take a cooling off period (for a better term) and neither has been banned from Lancer to my knowledge.

It is my understanding that a 30 day moratorium was imposed by Lancer (temporarily "banned"), but Bill would know far more than I about the internal workings of Lancer.

Tim,

Debra asked me, if it would be possible, and also what I think about, if both Wim and Bob would stop posting for 30 days on lancer, without loosing the posts they made that had information regarding the JFK case in them, in order to get things, at least somehow, back to normal.

This whole Wim/Bob mess, will damage any forum in no time, and I hope that we will not see the same thing after 12/14 when the 30 day period is over, and the hope dies last.

Both sides know my personal oppinion about the problem they have with each others, so I don't need to repeat that here, and what does my opinion mean anyway.

John has my respect for his handling of the problems here, and I support and applaud his efforts to keep this a place where persons like me can learn a lot of good and factual information, and where the true researchers and those persons who realy witnessed and had a part in the things that went on behind the curtains in those times, can work together in order to bring more to light.

To Bill Miller, hold out some days, I am still working on what I promised you to do, it ain't easy brother. Also, I am in the final stage of merging the crashed lancer database with the one we have at the moment, so I hope that having all posts back there will also be of value to the members on this forum.

Importand is the factual information,the exchange of opinions and the goal we (all) have, not the place where it is posted.

Edited by John Simkin

A new e-mail has arrived from Bob Vernon which I see was forwarded to some of my compatriots in the research community as a result of my own error in forwarding what seemed to my wife, at least, to be threatening behavior. My desire was to have witnesses to what I was being subjected to.

I respect John Simkin's efforts very much, as I understand this to be a history forum, with concern for the legacy we leave to our children's children. I'd hoped to be able to contribute to this. I'm very sorry that this has impacted some of those I respect most. I hereby withdraw from the forum and request that my membership be terminated.

Respectfully,

Tim Carroll

A new e-mail has arrived from Bob Vernon which I see was forwarded to some of my compatriots in the research community as a result of my own error in forwarding what seemed to my wife, at least, to be threatening behavior.  My desire was to have witnesses to what I was being subjected to. 

I respect John Simkin's efforts very much, as I understand this to be a history forum, with concern for the legacy we leave to our children's children.  I'd hoped to be able to contribute to this.  I'm very sorry that this has impacted some of those I respect most.  I hereby withdraw from the forum and request that my membership be terminated.

Respectfully,

Tim Carroll

Tim,

Sorry to read that you are leaving the forum, I ask you to reconsider that, I found your contributions not only on this forum very informative and always enjoyed reading them, I think the majority here sees it the same.

Tim, that what I was meaning with "the whole Wim/Vernon mess", one gets in the line of fire as a bystander, simply by saying what one is thinking, you stated what you think, Tim yours is a free country (well sort of), so please, if you got the same mail that I got today, and that is the cause for your decission,I think you are grown up enough to not take that too serious, and even if it makes you feel unconfortable and gets to your nerves, maybe that is all that is wished as a result.

I write this on basis of what I have seen on different forums over the last month's and from having had contact to the main parties involved on occassions.

As a member here, and as a scholar of the case, I say that I never had a problem with what you wrote in any post that I did read , be it here or on lancerforum.

Edited by John Simkin

A new e-mail has arrived from Bob Vernon which I see was forwarded to some of my compatriots in the research community as a result of my own error in forwarding what seemed to my wife, at least, to be threatening behavior.  My desire was to have witnesses to what I was being subjected to. 

I respect John Simkin's efforts very much, as I understand this to be a history forum, with concern for the legacy we leave to our children's children.  I'd hoped to be able to contribute to this.  I'm very sorry that this has impacted some of those I respect most.  I hereby withdraw from the forum and request that my membership be terminated.

Respectfully,

Tim Carroll

Tim,

sorry to read that you are leaving the forum, I ask you to reconsider that,

I found your contributions not only on this forum very informative and

always enjoyed reading them, I think the majority here sees it the same.

Tim,that what I was meaning with "the whole Wim/Vernon mess", one

gets in the line of fire as a bystander, simply by saying what one is thinking, you stated what you think, Tim yours is a free country (well sort of), so please, if you got the same mail that I got today, and that is the cause for your decission,I think you are grown up enough to not take that too serious, and even if it makes you feel unconfortable and gets to your nerves, maybe that is all that is wished as a result.

I write this on basis of what I have seen on different forums over the last month's

and from having had contact to the main parties involved on occassions.

As a member here, and as a scholar of the case, I say that I never had a problem with what you wrote in any post that I did read , be it here or on lancerforum.

Thanks Dave:

Before my account is closed I will say that I'm not grown up enough to make my wife feel secure when she is required to be involved to get the harassment at home to stop. If the one who came into the COPA seminar in Dallas on 11/19 to take me out of the room to be given a "message" has a view to share, she is invited to do so, and explain the content of that message (or any of the gentlemen present where I was taken). Any person present at that conference that Friday night probably witnessed the intervention to which I refer. Mine is not a "free country." That's why my participation had so much meaning to me, and my association, give-and-take, and general fellowship with those who care held such meaning for me. I'm ashamed for my country that it needs John Simkin and Wim Dankbaar to pursue its history.

Tim

Edited by Tim Carroll

"I agree that Nancy's posts take some understanding."

That's quite an understatement.

"I am afraid I stopped reading her posts some time ago. I suggest others follow the same policy."

Tough to ignore when statements of fiction are given as fact. Ignoring her didn't stop her at Lancer, which is why she was booted. Unfortunate that Terry left because of all this. Same type of thing happened at Lancer. By the time 2 were booted and 2 were apparently suspended, Lancer lost quite a few members. It became an unfortunate farce.

"Bob Vernon has published Gibson's photograph on the JFK Research website. He is very much a male and looks much older than 14."

If he did indeed post a photo of Gibson on the internet, it is the most despicable act one could do. I'm assuming Gibson won't be visiting the on line forums for a while.

RJS

Hi John:

There is none, and has not been any photo of Gibson posted at the J.F.K Research Forum...

I was there earlier yesterday and read that post, no photo, late last evening, I checked it, no photo, and just now, no photo... and Rich has stated there has never been a photo of Gibson posted on the Forum, and he reads each and every post...

There never was one.

Perhaps you should check your source. Hope this clears up this matter.

B

Wim, so you know, I'm definitely a guy. Also, I'd like to add that Mr. Vernon has now called the Rhode Island State Police because of this posting. He's also come up with the ludicrous theory that I'm my own cousin posing as me. Let me make it clear, I use this last name because a) it's Dad's, b ) my last name hasn't been changed yet, and c) I prefer not to use my current last name for obvious reasons, plus, if one looks for me, they'll find me online under this name, so it's easier to use. I think it's safe to say, whether the threat is real or not, that we should lay off.

ETA (edited to add): In regards to my age, it's 14. Any photo Vernon looked up in his mistaken theory search is probably that of my father, particularly if it resembled Bruce Willis (my dad is known for that). He's in his late forties. There. That's it. Case of mistaken theory/identity solved. My cousin was not involved, nor has he ever been, regardless of what Mr. Vernon told Mr. Simkin.

Edited by Gibson Vendettuoli

Respectfully,

Tim Carroll

Sorry to hear you are leaving the Forum. But, I for one do understand. I want to thank you for what all you have contributed and the support you have given me and my story. I thank You. You are a good historian, something to be proud of.

However, another matter has came to my attention which proves there are really sick people out there. And they, for whatever reasons, think they should intimidate and rule what others think and say. History has had them and their back again, on this forum trying to burn our books. The world is full of these idiots and zealots. If they can not get you to see things the way they want them seen or said, then they try to enact Fear and threats, talk loud, and use foul language and tell lies to boost their on self worth as seen by themselves.

I was not going to post the following. I was just going to ignore it and pass it of as another nut case. But in view of the attacks on this forum and attacks on others in reference to their OWN research and to some parts my personal story, I now think I should send a signal to whomever:

The following Email has been turned over to law enforcement. I have been told, this email was sent from a library on the west coast yesterday.

I do not know if it has been posted on the internet.

COPY (the original with all the tracing numbers is with Law enforcement.

"...... Dear Mr. Plumbee, Novmber 30 2004

If you continue to post the things yo post after you have been warned then there is no hope for yhe safey of you are yours. We have tried to be your friend but you make it inpossible. Just because you have done the things you have done for the CIA does not give you the right to expose them to the world. You had a real problem years ago in Colorado, but if you keep on in the direction youare going then I can no longer be responsible for those who are the gatekeepers as you call them. You Texas friends can not help you now. your in our sandbox and you xxxx ass belongs to us now because you continue to spread your lies about me and others this goes for all your friends to. we no where they are and how to get next to them without them knowing about it. Singed YOU KNOW

Now my reply to this ASXXOLE if he reads this forum. Kiss my Asx... take you best shot you coward. I have dealt with your kind for a damn long time. You have now cross the line with me. I too, know how to play these crazy games. I would be damn careful for now on if I were you. Keep reading my post you coward. You might learn something about freedom and democracy.., you puke. And the name is spelled PLUMLEE, TOSH. Lets get it on you coward.

MY REPLY TO YOUR SURRENDER THREATS? NUTS

Edited by William Plumlee

Tim, please don't leave because of Bob Vernon.

I don't know what it is about but I sure wish you would stay.

You seem to be kind and a good researcher with valuable information.

I have read many of your posts and I don't see anything that would cause this.

I know that you have stated this prior to me about the emails. Also made me see more things a bit clearer.

Thanks for your support and I hope you do stay.

Hi John:

There is none, and has not been any photo of Gibson posted

at the J.F.K Research Forum...

I was there earlier yesterday and read that post, no photo, late last evening,

I checked it ,no photo, and just now, no photo...

and Rich has stated there has never been a photo of Gibson posted

on the Forum, and he reads each and every post...

There never was one.

Perhaps you should check your source. Hope this clears up this

matter.

B

Bernice, did you know that Rich may kick you out of his forum for reporting what is posted, or not posted on his forum?

Respectfully,

Tim Carroll

Tim,

gets in the line of fire as a bystander, simply by saying what one is thinking, you stated what you think, Tim yours is a free country (well sort of), so please, if you got the same mail that I got today, and that is the cause for your decission,I think you are grown up enough to not take that too serious, and even if it makes you feel unconfortable and gets to your nerves, maybe that is all that is wished as a result.

I write this on basis of what I have seen on different forums over the last month's

Thanks Dave:

Before my account is closed I will say that I'm not grown up enough to make my wife feel secure when she is required to be involved to get the harassment at home to stop. If the one who came into the COPA seminar in Dallas on 11/19 to take me out of the room to be given a "message" has a view to share, she is invited to do so, and explain the content of that message (or any of the gentlemen present where I was taken). Any person present at that conference that Friday night probably witnessed the intervention to which I refer. Mine is not a "free country." That's why my participation had so much meaning to me, and my association, give-and-take, and general fellowship with those who care held such meaning for me. I'm ashamed for my country that it needs John Simkin and Wim Dankbaar to pursue its history.

Tim

______________________________-

Dear Tim,

I am stunned. I hope that you will reconsider. Your imput was outstanding and I will very much miss your posts and updates on your paper.

I hope that whatever Wim and Bob have to work out they do so and not let it drag this forum down. As I have said repeatedly since joining this forum, we all want to see this case moved ahead. Surely that has to be the number one priority and anyone with a further agenda who is coming onto this,or any other forum, needs to have that agenda dealt with. If Bob is so disbelieving of Tosh and Judyth, just bring it on. Post it, not these little in fights with Wim. It is THAT of which I was speaking against.

Just why would someone go after - personally- people who are honestly trying to investigate the murder of a US president?

I am really saddened to see people leave when they have made such important contributions. Terribly saddened.

Dawn

I am wondering if leaving the JFK assassination research is not something we will have to do very soon, anyway. Nothing new has come up for a long time and it looks like nothing new of importance will ever come up either. I'm about to retire of the research community. Whatever my choice is, I will always be interested in watching some new documentaries, news reports, articles on the asssassination, new documents or new photos, though. And I will always be there if someone needs my help.

Risking being sued by Vernon is not worthwhile for anyone. Better leave him alone.

Denis

Respectfully,

Tim Carroll

Tim,

Thanks Dave:

Tim

______________________________-

Dear Tim,

I am stunned. I hope that you will reconsider. Your imput was outstanding and I will very much miss your posts and updates on your paper.

I hope that whatever Wim and Bob have to work out they do so and not let it drag this forum down. As I have said repeatedly since joining this forum, we all want to see this case moved ahead. Surely that has to be the number one priority and anyone with a further agenda who is coming onto this,or any other forum, needs to have that agenda dealt with. If Bob is so disbelieving of Tosh and Judyth, just bring it on. Post it, not these little in fights with Wim. It is THAT of which I was speaking against.

Just why would someone go after - personally- people who are honestly trying to investigate the murder of a US president?

I am really saddened to see people leave when they have made such important contributions. Terribly saddened.

Dawn

Edited by Denis Morissette