The Education Forum

A letter from James Files

My note to this letter is that if Jimmy is talking about the facts and the truth, he is talking about the facts and the truth AS HE KNOWS them. Which is only a very partial picture of the events taking place in Dealey Plaza that day. Furthermore, I believe he is making some wrong conclusions, based on his limited knowledge. For example I doubt that Accardo handed the contract to Giancana. I believe Giancana was the main culprit in this faction of the conspiracy and he got the blessing from Accardo. The Chicago mob was just a spoke in the wheel in my opinion, and I believe the lower level operatives of the various spokes in this wheel acted compartimentalized on a need to know basis.

Wim

-------------------------------------------

Pamela Ray asked James Files to make a statement for the introduction to the November 2003 interview. This is what he had to say:

Hello to the American people and also the people throughout the world. I hope that everyone gets to see the interview I completed last year. This is the true story of what happened November 22, 1963 in Dallas, Texas - the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

Just prior to the interview, I walked out of the room and refused to do it. Why? Because it was my understanding for the past several months leading up to November 2003 that Ms. Pamela Ray would be part of the interview since she is the author of the book we did together, To Kill a Country: The Murder of JFK and the Coup d’etat in America – Revelations from the confessed assassin.

When I walked into the room, I was informed that Ms. Ray would not be a part of this interview and she wasn’t let into the prison. At that moment I turned and walked out saying over my shoulder, “then there will be no interview.” Jim Marrs, journalist and author of Crossfire was to ask me the questions with Ms. Ray present. Mrs. French, the warden’s spokesperson, was there and she ran after me down the hall to explain why Ms. Ray could not be there. She said there are rules about media and family or close associates being present during filming in the prison. Ms. Ray and I were not told this ahead of time.

Ms. Ray wrote a letter back at the motel telling me what happened at the prison. Jim Marrs was searching through his pockets for the letter Ms. Ray had given him. In the letter it stated that she wanted me to go ahead with the interview because it would help us get the book out sooner than later. Knowing that it would help her finish the book project, I agreed to do the interview.

The November 2003 interview deals with the assassination of John F. Kennedy and my role in it. What you hear will be the truth. I’m not trying to convince you, just putting the facts out there for everyone to see. You, the people, have to make up your own mind and I wouldn’t want it any other way. Just please look at all the facts, take the time to do some of your research afterwards and don’t let the self appointed “experts” mislead you.

For me, my part started about six months before November 1963 when Charles Nicoletti met me at the Harlo Grill in Melrose Park, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago. He asked me to take a ride with him and he informed me he had been given a murder contract on John Kennedy. Mr. Nicoletti wanted me to handle a few minor details like driving and moving weapons around. My answer was yes and there was no hesitation to do my assignment. From Chicago to Dallas and the assassination is what this interview is about. Due to a change in plans at the last minute with Charles Nicoletti and Johnny Roselli, I was the second shooter from behind the fence on the knoll in Dealey Plaza.

Many people question my age; such as I was too young to shoot anyone. I was 21 years old and I had tasted battle in South East Asia, specifically Laos. I already had several confirmed kills. For those of you who think a 21 year old is too young to shoot someone, then I suggest you go visit the Vietnam Memorial Wall and read the names and dates. The majority of the men listed on the wall were less than 21 years of age. There are not many older soldiers leading the young into battle. They are too smart for that. They stay behind and send them out on patrols. When and if the patrol returns, then they take the WIA and KIA names and numbers and file them.

What you are about to hear in this interview is the truth as it happened. Tony Accardo was the one who gave the murder contract to Sam Giancana, who handed it out to Charles Nicoletti, who in turn called in Johnny Roselli. Roselli was one of Sam Giancana’s top men. Charles Nicoletti was a known mafia hit man. I was his driver, gopher, chasing to do whatever he asked me to do. Believe me, I was no kid, I was a grown man and I gained my manhood in less than a day on the battlefields in Laos during Operation White Star in 1959 and 1960. Once you have tasted battle, taken another’s life, you are no longer a child – your life has been changed forever.

I hope that you listen closely to this interview, think things over carefully before you make up your mind, one way or another. Thank you for hearing me out.

James (Jimmy) Files

Joliet, Illinois

--------------------------

http://www.trineday.com/Merchant2/merchant...ory_Code=DVD001

http://csouptv.com/programs_hosts/special_..._interview.html

Edited by Wim Dankbaar

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings from another New Member (and another Canadian)

I am new to the Forum and have been looking through the seminars etc. trying to get a feel for the forum and the people and will begin posting some of my personal research shortly. I have been an avid reader and researcher on my own for many years and have spend countless hours reading submissions from various researches on many forums in the past, attempting to fit others excellent research in to my own personal opinions and theories. Some fit,some don't and I start over.

I am a little confused by many things regarding Files but one thing sticks out in my mind above the others claims.

If he was 21 in November of 63 when he claims to have shot the President how could he have been in Laos and Operation White Star in 59 and 60.

My math tells me that he would have to have been 17 years old in 59 -60.

I know some kids entry the military and lie about their age but to be in Laos in 59 he would have likely had to undergo some intense training beforehand and I am assuming this would take some time so he must have entered the service sometime in 58 to satisfy the timeline. He would have been 16 at the time and would have had to enlist with false credentials as it is my understanding that the USA did not draft 16 year olds.

Am I off base on this? I am thinking this is so strange that I must have missed something in the reading I have been doing on Files but I am most curious to get peoples responses. If I am mistaken on this I would greatly appreciate someone letting me know.

Is there any record of his enlistment as Sutton in 1958.

Thanks,

Brent

I am a little confused by many things regarding Files but one thing sticks out in my mind above the others claims.

If he was 21 in November of 63 when he claims to have shot the President how could he have been in Laos and Operation White Star in 59 and 60.

I know some kids entry the military and lie about their age but to be in Laos in 59 he would have likely had to undergo some intense training beforehand and I am assuming this would take some time so he must have entered the service sometime in 58 to satisfy the timeline. He would have been 16 at the time and would have had to enlist with false credentials as it is my understanding that the USA did not draft 16 year olds.

Am I off base on this? I am thinking this is so strange that I must have missed something in the reading I have been doing on Files but I am most curious to get peoples responses. If I am mistaken on this I would greatly appreciate someone letting me know."

Brent,

I don't think you are mistaken, and you are not off base. They are many things suspect in the Files tale.

RJS

-----------------

Yep. 17 and 18, like so many others. The army can be great for a teenager to escape a home or poor childhood. Look at Lee Harvey Oswald. What age did he enlist?

Wim

Americans routinely entered the service as seniors in high school, age 17.

-----------------

Yep. 17 and 18, like so many others. The army can be great for a teenager to escape a home or poor childhood. Look at Lee Harvey Oswald. What age did he enlist?

Wim

Wim: I have to take exception on this time line. I went into the National Guard when I was 14. (1952) However when they were going to upgrade my MOS to 1795; tank driver. I could not get past the screening and received an honorable minority discharge. I entered the US Army at 16 (1953) and when I was going to ship out to S/E Asia, in (1954) I could not go because I did not have enough credits or time in training to be able to go with the Unit I had trained with.

I had to have a total of 16 weeks of training in addition to the eight weeks of basic at Fort Bliss Texas. I wanted to go into a 'Special Airborne school and I would have to have had an additional 24 weeks split in two 12 week TDY stations in the USA. That comes to: 48 weeks min. not counting the two weeks leave required between each duty assignment; add 6 weeks. That is a min. of 54 weeks of training and leave to even meet the min. for overseas duty in a special Army Unit like the White Star and others.

In addition to those requirements your training scores had to be above average...in the 85 to 90 percent range and too, you had to be recommended by at least three drill Sgt and a base Commander. Most all those boys in those specialized units had completed at least one tour of active duty in a regular army unit. That is min one year in Reserves or National Guard, or two years in regular. The min. age for most of these boys was 20 years old and there were only a hand full of those; most were much older and had previous combat experience in Korea from the 1950-54 era. (serving in 1954-59)

I think this time line should really be looked into. What is files MOS for the White Star Unit. What is Files Service Number. The sequencing of his service number would help a lot as certifying the year he was in the military. If he was in S/E Asia then he would remember those two numbers. "Name Rank S?N". That is drilled into you even while you sleep. Men from WWI and WWII have never forgot these numbers.

I hope this helps. I am trying Hard to stay with FACTS. I am not challenging you or Files. I am trying hard to help on establishing facts which can be vertified. Its like my story. I do not expect anyone to believe me because I say it happened. I too, am trying hard to find FACTS and spacifics to support what I say.. When I find what I think is a 'tid bit' of fact or documentation, then I share it with the community.

I think that is the professional approach as to establishing truth of what one says. If they do not believe me then I don't get mad. I just walk away and keep looking for spacifics and facts. I want the record to speak for me and I feel Files should also...if he is for real... Thanks for your understanding on this matter. Tosh

Tosh,

I am truely feeling embarrassed about Files not answering. I wish he would at least acknowledge. I took the time to handwrite the letter of every question you asked because of my printer down.

You now have asked Pam. Now Wim. That I know of NO ONE HAS EVER GOTTEN THAT INFORMATION OUT OF HIM OF WHAT YOU ASK

I took the time down in NARA to go to Files records there. In 1959 there were no records there for White Star Mobile Unit. I even have the name of his commander from Dan Marvin. It didn't do any good.

I had no paper to send it out last night as I thought I had. I am growing inpatient with this as well not to mention embarrassed because I thought for sure Files would have answered something back to you by now or at least aknowledged something to you.

Maybe Pam will get him on the phone again and tell him. Or Wim.

All that I can say if he does answer it will be about time.

Most of the time to me he would never talk about Viet Nam.

hang in there..........

-----------------

Wim

Wim: I have to take exception on this time line. I went into the National Guard when I was 14. (1952) However when they were going to upgrade my MOS to 1795; tank driver. I could not get past the screening and received an honorable minority discharge. I entered the US Army at 16 (1953) and when I was going to ship out to S/E Asia, in (1954) I could not go because I did not have enough credits or time in training to be able to go with the Unit I had trained with.

I had to have a total of 16 weeks of training in addition to the eight weeks of basic at Fort Bliss Texas. I wanted to go into a 'Special Airborne school and I would have to have had an additional 24 weeks split in two 12 week TDY stations in the USA. That comes to: 48 weeks min. not counting the two weeks leave required between each duty assignment; add 6 weeks. That is a min. of 54 weeks of training and leave to even meet the min. for overseas duty in a special Army Unit like the White Star and others.

In addition to those requirements your training scores had to be above average...in the 85 to 90 percent range and too, you had to be recommended by at least three drill Sgt and a base Commander. Most all those boys in those specialized units had completed at least one tour of active duty in a regular army unit. That is min one year in Reserves or National Guard, or two years in regular. The min. age for most of these boys was 20 years old and there were only a hand full of those; most were much older and had previous combat experience in Korea from the 1950-54 era. (serving in 1954-59)

I think this time line should really be looked into. What is files MOS for the White Star Unit. What is Files Service Number. The sequencing of his service number would help a lot as certifying the year he was in the military. If he was in S/E Asia then he would remember those two numbers. "Name Rank S?N". That is drilled into you even while you sleep. Men from WWI and WWII have never forgot these numbers.

I hope this helps. I am trying Hard to stay with FACTS. I am not challenging you or Files. I am trying hard to help on establishing facts which can be vertified. Its like my story. I do not expect anyone to believe me because I say it happened. I too, am trying hard to find FACTS and spacifics to support what I say.. When I find what I think is a 'tid bit' of fact or documentation, then I share it with the community.

I think that is the professional approach as to establishing truth of what one says. If they do not believe me then I don't get mad. I just walk away and keep looking for spacifics and facts. I want the record to speak for me and I feel Files should also...if he is for real... Thanks for your understanding on this matter. Tosh

Tosh,

So much of research is interpretation, trying to relate one issue to another, opinion, etc.. I was going to jump on this myself until I read what you posted above. You have said it far better than I could have. Hard to argue with facts. I believe the ball is still in Files court and I don't see him trying to volley in the near future.

Once again, an excellent post that gets to the nitty gritty.

Al

Tosh,

I note that some people buy and read books, documentaries and so on, want to have an opinion on Files, spend their time on long posts, but not see the 3 hour interview with him, which can be done for a minimum of 3 bucks. That's less than a pack of cigarettes or talking to me on the phone for a few minutes. Could it make a difference to see the man talk himself?

I agree with you on getting the facts. You already know how you can help.

He does remember his serial numbers, I told you that before.

You know how hard it is, also for you to get people to standup and corroborate you. Remember Sergio?

Meanwhile:

http://expendableelite.com/airborne/Grady18Dec1996.jpg

Read last two lines.

http://expendableelite.com/airborne/gradyletterdec2000.jpg

Wim

J – Is it true that during the Clinton administration that you were presented as a threat to national security?

JF – That was in 1998. The historian of the 82nd Airborne, he was doing a lot of research on me, his name was John Grady. He recently passed away, which I’m sorry to say, he was a very nice man. He also was a good veteran , he served in World War II. He did a lot of research on me and checked through a lot of people, found out for me to be credible, he verified a lot of things that him and I discussed. He had come here to visit me and when him and I were corresponding, he was approached by the Secret Service. And they warned him that I was a threat to national security. And in 1998, I don’t remember what month it was, but Janet Reno and President Bill Clinton at that time, declared me as a threat to national security. And it was basically for training manuals and formulas and information they had retrieved out of one of my storage sheds, when they raided it.

------------------------------------

W - Where did you serve?

JF – I was in the army, 82nd Airborne. I took my basic at Fort Leavenworth, Missouri, I took my AIT at Fort Polk, they screwed up my orders and I went to Fort Seals and laid there for week, maybe ten days, from there I went to Fort Bragg to go airborne. I went into the service in January of 1959.

J – Where were you assigned?

JF – When I left, we left I think it was July, the tenth, we went from there to Laos. We were on an operation called operation called White Star. A handfull of military advisors were going over to train people in Laos there, to do certain operations, at that time we really weren’t supposed to do any black bag stuff and things, we were just going in to train and equip people, and I found a lot of it pretty hilarious: We armed a lot of them and gave them weapons and they all took the stuff and they ran up north and we had to fight them later. But that’s how we basically had down all the way through the years in history …

J – Did they call it counter insurgency at that time?

JF – Oh yeah, they called it counter insurgency. What I found the most amazing of all was this place called Viet nan (inaudible), just outside of Vietnam…. Not Vietnam, don’t get it confused, this is Laos, up in the central part of a place called the Plane of Jars, there is a large, well, a pretty good sized town up there, called Viet nan. On the runways, most of them were dirt, they had steel matting down on it for planes to land on. The Russians used the same runways that we did. We drank in the same taverns that the Russians drank in. We shopped at the same stores. We knew the Russians, they knew us. But we didn’t bother each other. They trained their people, we trained other people. It was just a close operation.

J – Was there more than one of these White Star teams?

JF – There were several White Star teams but they all worked in individual groups and one group would never know what the other group was doing for a specific reason: Each group was on its own to a certain extent, but they did not know what the next group was doing in case they were captured, tortured, killed or whatever, they could give nobody up.

J - Did you ever hear the name Colonel Fletcher Prouty?

JF – Yes I did. Colonel Fletcher Prouty, he was the man in charge. Excellent man, excellent warrior, soldier. Good leader.

W – You knew him?

JF – I knew Colonel Fletcher Prouty personally, yes.

W – This vacuum cleaner is making a lot of noise.

G – I hear him very well, but ..

JF – They’ve got a buffer running out there. We can ask them to move it. You want it moved?

G – How long do they keep doing that?

JF – Probably an hour. If we want we can ask them to move it. (James Files goes out and asks the cleaners to stop)

- cut in tape -

Wim

We armed a lot of them and gave them weapons and they all took the stuff and they ran up north and we had to fight them later. But that’s how we basically had down all the way through the years in history

------------------------------

Now that I think of Prescott Bush and friends financing Hitler, the CIA arming Bin Laden and the Taliban against the Russians in Afghanistan, Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam in the eighties, I can see what he means.

:o

Wim

At the risk of antagonizing Wim, I must say that that post really does bring serious doubt to that part of the Jimmy Files story.

------------------------------------------

Shanet,

No, you're not a person who atagonizes me, neither when we disagree.

But apart from the fact that I don't think it is improbable that Files enlisted at age 17, I would like you to reflect on the question why Files would make this up? He does not need a fictitious and seemingly improbable story about being in the army, Laos and White Star to make his part in the JFK assassination believable.

Wim

41. Files's birthdate, place of birth and various aspects of his younger years were confirmed by his mother's sister to Vernon. His aunt also told Vernon that Files had sent her and her husband letters from Vietnam in the early 60's telling them that the "Government has turned me into a killer."

Edited by Wim Dankbaar

When Jimmy was 17 he got in trouble. He was accused of making a girl pregnant. This is known as "contributing to the delinquency of a minor." He was not the father of the child but this didn't come out until after the baby was born. In order to avoid jail time, he went into the service.

The first time he ever shot a man was when he was 6 years old. A black man was on their property and took a machete to his dog. Jimmy did not like that and shot and hit him but it was not fatal. Jimmy used to hunt as a child because they were very poor and he would bring home rabbit or squirrel for dinner. He said that was the only way they had meat and they called it "red eye gravy."

At 17, James Files did not need extensive training to hit a fast moving target, let alone a stationary one.

I hope this helps people understand.

Pam

FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION

Date of transcription 8/16/93

JAMES FILES (assumed name), aka James Earl Sutton (true name), date of birth January 24, 1942, place of birth Oakman, Alabama, social security account number: 323-34-9241, (under the name JAMES FILES), ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS number N14006, was interviewed at the STATEVILLE CORRECTIONAL CENTER, Joliet, Illinois, wherein the following was discussed:

At the onset of the interview, FILES stated that through conversation with Attorney DON IRVIN, he understood that he was to be interviewed by the FBI but that the interview would be conducted in the presence of IRVIN. FILES was told that Agents were unaware of any arrangements made in that regard.

FILES expressed his desire to talk to the FBI but stated his reluctance to submit to an interview without IRVIN being present. FILES also advised that he wanted a grant of immunity before submitting to an interview. FILES advised that in the unlikely event he won his appeal, he didn't want exposure to additional charges.

Agents told FILES that Agents were not authorized to grant him immunity and that such a procedure was the responsibility of the U.S. Attorney. Agents further told FILES that immunity grants are not extended by the U.S. Attorney to individuals without some logical foundation.

Agents further told FILES that IRVIN had provided information to the FBI that indicated he (FILES) had personal knowledge concerning the assassination of JOHN F. KENNEDY (JFK). Agents then told FILES that a review of his (FILES') information as provided by IRVIN determined that his (FILES') recollections were in significant contradiction to the WARREN COMMISSION report. Agents told FILES That the findings of the WARREN COMMISSION report had been accepted by the government as an accurate factual account of the JFK assassination.

Investigation on 8/9/93 at Joliet, Illinois File # 62-0 by SAs Robert C. PECORARO & WAYNE F. ZYDRON:kf Date dictated 8/9/93

Continuation of FD-302 of JAMES FILES, On 8/9/93, Page 2

Agents then told FILES that Agents further understood from IRVIN that he (FILES) was cognizant of his contradictions with the WARREN COMMISSION findings and that he (FILES) wanted to make available the "true story" of the JFK assassination out of respect to the deceased JOE WEST.

Agents told FILES that in view of his obvious conflicts with the WARREN COMMISSION findings, he would unlikely be afforded subsequent opportunities for interview by the FBI or the U.S. Attorney in regard to the JFK assassination unless he established his credibility with the government. FILES was told that credibility could sometimes be established through corroboration of facts furnished by an individual during an interview. Agents told FILES that the purpose of the interview was to obtain additional information from him in an effort to establish him as a credible person rather than to build a murder case on him. FILES was told that the JFK assassination took place almost 30 years ago and it would take extraordinary corroboration to make recollections credible in view of the WARREN COMMISSION findings.

Agents told FILES that should he decide to answer questions, it would need to be a voluntary action on his part. FILES was repeatedly told that no immunity grant or any other guarantees or promises could be extended to him should he decide to be interviewed. In response, FILES stated that he would voluntarily answer questions but would not admit to any murders.

Agents asked FILES to state his true name and background information. FILES advised that his true name was JAMES EARLY SUTTON but that sometime in 1963, he assumed the name of JAMES FILES and has been known as JAMES FILES ever since. FILES recalled that sometime in the late 1940s he moved to the Chicago metropolitan area with his mother, VERA BRASSEAL, and advised that he is divorced to FAITH FILES, age 50, who was last known to reside in Glendale Heights, Illinois. FILES stated that he had two children from his marriage, KATHLEEN, age 26 and SHAWNN, age 17. FILES recalled that KATHLEEN was last known to reside in Chrystal Lake, Illinois, and SHAWNN in Melrose Park, Illinois.

Continuation of FD-302 of JAMES FILES, On 8/9/93, Page 3

Agents made reference to his (FILES') military service in the U.S. Army and asked FILES to summarize his military career. FILES recalled that he joined the U.S. Army under the last name of SUTTON. He said he was afforded basic training at Ft. Leonard Wood and Advanced Infantry Training (AIT) at Ft. Polk. FILES recalled that after AIT, he volunteered for airborne training and was afforded airborne training at both Ft. Bragg and Ft. Benning. FILES advised that he was assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division.

Agents asked FILES to describe his airborne training. FILES recalled that airborne school was six to eight weeks in duration and that he made four jumps-including one night jump. FILES recalled that airborne school consisted of significant classroom instruction before he made his jumps. FILES also recalled that while in airborne school, he was afforded "Crash Courses" in the Chinese, Laotian and Russian languages. When asked to recall anything eventful (either rewarding or distasteful) about airborne school, FILES was unable to articulate anything in that regard.

FILES recalled that after airborne school, he was briefly stationed in San Diego (California), Okinawa and Viet Nam before deployment to Laos. FILES recalled that in Laos, he held the rank of "Spec 4" (Specialist Fourth Class) and was assigned to a Special Advisory Group. FILES recalled that his group specialized in small arms weapons and "mechanical" ambushes.

Agents asked FILES to state details over his shooting of two U.S. soldiers in Laos. FILES stated his refusal to admit to the shooting but stated that he was charged for the shooting. FILES recalled that he was afforded a preliminary court martial hearing somewhere in Southeast Asia and was assigned to Ft. Meade, Maryland, to await his court martial. FILES then recalled that he was then transferred to the HINES VETERAN HOSPITAL, Maywood, Illinois, for psychological related treatment.

FILES then recalled that at HINES, he was visited by DAVID ATLEY PHILLIPS who identified himself as some kind of "controlled" for the CIA. FILES recalled that PHILLIPS asked him to train people in the use of military arms and tactics. FILES recalled that upon accepting PHILLIPS' offer, PHILLIPS "signed him out" of HINES. FILES assumed that PHILLIPS or the CIA handled his discharge from the Army.

Continuation of FD-302 of JAMES FILES, On 8/9/93, Page 4

FILES then recalled that following his release from HINES, PHILLIPS arranged a brief stay for him at a "sleazy" motel in Miami (Florida) whereafter, he was sent to a camp in the Florida Everglades. FILES recalled that from November 1960 until April 1961, he was part of a group of 10 Americans-including FRANK STURGIS, who trained a military force of 350 Cubans at that camp. FILES advised that he was qualified as an "Expert" with the M14 rifle in the Army and taught "grenades" and "mechanical" ambushes to the Cubans. FILES recalled that he was paid a salary of $300.00 per month in cash by PHILLIPS.

FILES described PHILLIPS as a white male, 6' tall, slim build, 30 years of age (circa 1960). FILES recalled that PHILLIPS had the nickname "The Eagle" at the camp in the Florida Everglades.

FILES recalled that after the Cuban soldiers were killed, he (FILES) went briefly to Atlanta (Georgia) where he "partied" with liquor and women. FILES then recalled that he returned to Melrose Park, Illinois, where he "ran guns" from Maywood, Illinois, to Clinton, Louisiana. FILES recalled that the guns were .45 caliber machine guns made by KNOXVILLE ARMS. FILES advised that PHILLIPS paid him $300.00 per month to transport guns to Clinton, Louisiana, and deliver the guns to LEE HARVEY OSWALD. FILES recalled he made several trips to Clinton, Louisiana, to deliver guns to OSWALD.

Agents asked FILES if the aforementioned LEE HARVEY OSWALD was the same LEE HARVEY OSWALD who shot KENNEDY. In response, FILES sated (sic) that OSWALD did not shoot KENNEDY. FILES adamantly disputed the fact that OSWALD shot KENNEDY and made reference to the fac that OSWALD tested negative on a paraffin test.

Agents then made reference to CHUCK NICOLETTI and his (FILES') relationship with Chicago mobsters. In response, FILES furnished Agents with three pages containing numerous handwritten names. FILES advised that the names were of Chicago mobsters with whom he had familiarity. Agents subsequently examined the above material and noticed that the names were arranged in alphabetical order and that most names were names of Chicago hoodlums that have been identified by the Chicago media as having association with the Chicago mob.

Continuation of FD-302 of JAMES FILES, On 8/9/93, Page 5

Agents then furnished FILES with a handwritten list of names. FILES was told that this list contained names of Chicago mobsters known to have been associated with NICOLETTI. It is noted that unbeknownst to FILES, some of the names were derivative names of FBI employees. FILES was asked if he had known LEE FABRIZIO (FBI employee). Agents represented FABRIZIO as a close associate of NICOLETTI. FILES stated that he had heard of FABRIZIO but never met him. FILES also stated vague familiarity with individuals known as JOE GIARRUSSO, MIKE PAVIA, PATRICK SCALZETTI and DOMINICK PEZOLI (all FBI derivative names) but could not recall ever meeting them.

Agents made reference to the names "DING DONG" and AL TOCO which appeared on FILES' list. FILES advised that DING DONG was a Chicago mobster who was murdered. FILES recalled that TOCO (true name Albert ROCCO) was "over" BILLY DAUBER. FILES advised that he was involved in chop shops in the 1970s and that he once met DAUBER in Crete, Illinois, where DAUBER demanded 1/3 of "everything". At the time, FILES recalled that he was chopping 30 cars per week.

Agents asked FILES if he had familiarity with individuals named CLARENCE CROCKETT, GUY BILLS and CHARLEY "The Greek" SOTERAS. FILES stated that none of the above individuals were familiar to him.

Agents asked FILES to name the "street crew" to which NICOLETTI belonged and also name some of the members of NICOLETTI's street crew. In response, FILES advised that the Chicago mob was not made up of different "families". In response, FILES was told that Agents were cognizant of that fact but knew that the Chicago mob were loosely organized into "street crews". FILES was unable to articulate about NICOLETTI's street crew affiliates with the exception that he had association with SAM GIANCANNA.

FILES was asked to describe his association with NICOLETTI. FILES advised that he chauffeured NICOLETTI around the Chicago area. FILES re called that they drove around in NICOLETTI's cars. FILES recalled driving NICOLETTI at least a dozen times. FILES further recalled driving NICOLETTI to bakeries in the suburbs. FILES recalled driving in NICOLETTI's black 1960 Ford, white 1961 Chevrolet and black 1962 Chevrolet.

Continuation of FD-302 of JAMES FILES, On 8/9/93, Page 6

Agents asked FILES if he had driven NICOLETTI to places where NICOLETTI met other mobsters. FILES was unable to recall any details in that regard. FILES then remarked that he recalled an occasion when NICOLETTI "popped" somebody while they were driving together on Lake Shore Drive (Chicago). FILES refused to furnish any details in regard to this incident.

FILES recalled that he did not have telephone service at his Melrose Park residence. FILES recalled that NICOLETTI usually telephonically contacted him at the HARLO GRILL where he (FILES) had frequented to play "pin-ball". At the time, FILES recalled that he drove a yellow/green colored 1955 Pontiac.

Agents asked FILES to furnish his physical description during that time period. FILES furnished Agents with a colored photograph of a white male, medium build with short black hair. FILES stated that the photograph was taken of him during the above time period. Physical observation of FILES reflects that FILES is a white male, approximately 5'11" tall, long white hair and medium build.

Agents asked FILES to name persons who could verify his relationship with NICOLETTI. FILES named JERRY ESPOSITO, COSMO IASCO, DOMINICK CIMINO, RONNIE BELL, RUPI REGO, KENNY LARRY, STEVE ANSELMO, JOE BUA and MARSHAL CAIFANO as some of the individuals who could verify his relationship with NICOLETTI.

FILES, when asked by Agents, stated that he did not know the identity of the individual(s) who murdered NICOLETTI.

Agents then made reference to the JFK assassination. FILES stated that NICOLETTI told him the he (NICOLETTI) got the contract to "hit" KENNEDY from SAM GIANCANNA. FILES then advised that before KENNEDY was shot, he (FILES), at the request of NICOLETTI, transported guns and hand grenades in a car from Chicago to Dallas, Texas.

FILES advised that he heard NICOLETTI and an individual he knew as JOHNNY ROSSELLI, plan the assassination of KENNEDY.

Agents asked FILES if he actually saw NICOLETTI shoot KENNEDY. FILES stated that he did not actually see NICOLETTI shoot KENNEDY. FILES added that since NICOLETTI planned the

Continuation of FD-302 of JAMES FILES, On 8/9/93, Page 7

assassination and was there by the DAL-TEX building, he knows that NICOLETTI was the one who shot at KENNEDY.

SA ZYDRON then read in verbatim to FILES the following excerpt of the report previously furnished to the FBI by attorney IRVIN:

"When the motorcade came through FILES was on the knoll behind the fence and under the limbs of a tree. As KENNEDY's limo approached, FILES began hearing shots from behind the President. He had KENNEDY in his telescopic sight. He knew that one of the shots had hit KENNEDY in the back but was not necessarily a fatal hit. FILES, while having KENNEDY in his cross hairs as the limo was moving, said to himself upon hearing each shot "miss, miss, miss, miss". At this point FILES was concerned that NICOLETTI would not kill KENNEDY. The car was passing in his field of vision, so that Mrs. KENNEDY would soon be lined up behind the President. FILES' instructions had always been that in a hit no innocent parties were to be harmed. FILES was afraid that if he shot any later that he would shoot Mrs. KENNEDY as well as the President. He made the decision to go ahead and shoot even though "CHUCKIE" was still apparently shooting. He fired and his shot hit KENNEDY on the right front temple between the ear and the eye with the bullet exiting the rear of the head. At almost the same instant of this shot "CHUCKIE" hit KENNEDY in the left rear top of the head. FILES saw Mrs. KENNEDY climb to the back of the limo and pick up a section of the President's head. He was also aware at this time that CONNALLY had been hit."

Agents asked FILES to comment about the accuracy of the statement. In response, FILES expressed displeasure over IRVIN providing the statement to the FBI. FILES advised that he would only admit that the statement was accurate as to the actions of NICOLETTI and ROSSELLI. FILES added that he was concerned over his exposure to additional charges.

Agents asked FILES to explain the discrepancy contained in the above excerpted statement and what he said during this interview-namely, that statement indicated that he (FILES) saw NICOLETTI shoot at KENNEDY where during this interview, he (FILES) admitted that he did not actually see NICOLETTI shoot KENNEDY. FILES did not provide an explanation in that regard.

Continuation of FD-302 of JAMES FILES, On 8/9/93, Page 8

Agents asked FILES if any people were near him while he openly displayed his .222 pistol with scope on the grassy knoll in DEALY PLAZA. FILES recalled that there were other people in the area.

Agents asked FILES to describe his feelings after he (FILES) shot KENNEDY. When FILES failed to respond, Agents asked if he felt good, bad, indifferent or even feared getting caught by the FBI. FILES did not provide an explanation in that regard except for stating that he (FILES) hated KENNEDY for not providing air support for the Cubans in the Bay of Pigs.

Agents asked FILES if he would submit to a polygraph examination in regard to the KENNEDY assassination. FILES stated he would refuse to take a polygraph examination.

Agents asked FILES to state his motive for revealing his knowledge of the KENNEDY assassination after almost 30 years had transpired. FILES stated that he was contacted by JOE WEST who said he (WEST) was referred to him by an unnamed FBI Agent. FILES recalled that WEST told him that an FBI Agent said FILES previously took him (FBI Agent) on a tour in Dallas and told him (FBI Agent) about the KENNEDY assassination. FILES denied talking to any FBI Agent in that regard. FILES added that until this interview, he could not recall having any discussions of substance with any FBI Agent.

FILES then advised that he wanted a grant of immunity because WEST had expressed his intent to subpoena him before the grand jury investigating the KENNEDY assassination. FILES reiterated his concern of exposure to additional charges following a possible favorable appeal to his current conviction.

Agents asked FILES if he expected any consideration in exchange for his information relating to the KENNEDY assassination. FILES stated he did not expect or want any consideration for his information. FILES stated he was not concerned if anyone ever learned about his information on the KENNEDY assassination.

Agents told FILES that IRVIN's report indicated that FILES had possible information in regard to other murders. FILES stated that he would not provide information that could put anyone in jail. FILES expressed concern that the mob could

Continuation of FD-302 of JAMES FILES, On 8/9/93, Page 9

retaliate against him by harming his daughters who reside in the Chicago area.

FILES denied that he was interviewed and/or sought interview with the media in an effort to publicize his recollections of the KENNEDY assassination.

At the conclusion of the interview, FILES was told that Agents would report the results of the interview to their headquarters.

It is noted that when FILES was made available for interview, he carried several items of written material. A quick review of this material revealed it to be correspondence between FILES and JOE WEST and written material in regard to the KENNEDY assassination.

Wim,

Just a few concerns here off the top of my head.

Files could not remember if jump school was six or eight weeks? He mentions classroom and four jumps, but fails to mention the tower? He took "crash courses" in Chinese, Russian and Laotian during a six to eight week period?

Dave Phillips recruited him out of a veterans hospital psych unit to train Cubans? Phillips didn't have access to stable qualified soldiers but had the authority to get him out of there?

Files went from escorting a mob hitman and running guns and assassinating a president to working in a chop shop? Was the mob short on 17 year old Latinos at the time in the chop shops?

Illinois was the closest source of weapons for the Louisina operation?

Files was able to see Chuckie's bullet impact the back of Kennedy's head before he saw his impact the right front temple? Kennedy's head has a downward, not forward movement, at I believe Z311 and then the visible frontal impact reaction at Z314. That is three frames which are at 18fps which would put the seperation of the two at 1/6 of a second. And he detected this? And he saw his shot impact the right temple on a shot of 30yds?

Anyone out there fire a scoped rifle at 30yds and see the bullet impact the target? Has Files heard of recoil and startle reaction of detonation?

And why would Files need to have present his previous interview notes with West and documentation on the JFK Assassination if he was reporting on what he did?

Files refused to comment on any other murders in fear of mob retribution on his children? Yet he is willing to go on record stating that the JFK Assassination was a mob contract?

The more this man opens his mouth, the more he comes off as the washed up mobster looking for attention that he is.

Thank Jimmy for the laughs.

Al