The Education Forum

Vaughn Marlowe

John Simkin

Hey Harry,

Were the California MM members of DePugh's group, Gale's Rangers or Goff's/Roquemore's Soldiers of the Cross?

Also, Edgar Bradley. I've seen conflicting reports that he was a member of the MM. Do you know anything about this?

Here's a bit from a report of a conversation with Undersheriff J. Short's

dated April 16, 1969 from "RFK Special Unit Senator" files:

Quoting:

Undersheriff Short was contacted via telephone to determine the

circumstances surrounding the death of Dallas C. Roquemore.

This portion of the investigation came to the attention of this unit from

Keith D. Gilbert who stated that according to Dennis Mower, Roquemore was

murdered by Edgar Eugene Bradly. [sic]

Undersheriff Short stated that his office conducted an extensive

investigation into the death of Roquemore and found no evidence of foul

play. Short related the circumstances of the death as follows:

Dallas Roquemore and his wife Eileen left their children in Weaversville,

California in the care of Eileen's younger brother Frank Allen Austin,

while on a trip to Southern California.

On returning to their home on January 4, 1964, Roquemore decided to play

a practical joke on Austin. Roquemore and his wife crawled to the house

and tried to scare Austin by making wolf call and Indian howls. Austin

got scared and grabbed a hand gun. In the meantime, Roquemore and Eileen

crawled under the hose front porch. Roquemore then threw a stone into

the bushes to further frighten young Austin. The joke worked. Austin

accidently discharged the hand gun sending a bullet through the floor of

the porch and into the head of Roquemore. Roquemore expired several hours

later.

Undersheriff Short states that his office investigated this death under

their DR #64-016. A polygraph examination was administered to Austin and

Eileen by CII examiner Hubert Lazier. Both subjects were cleared in the

death of Roquemore.

End quote.

Dave

Yes, there was  the strong possibility that Kennedy would be in danger here in L.A. by some of my associates, Howard, Gabaldon and 'Others', that for the first time ever, I will now state would involve me in a doublecrossing setup that was very cunningly being worked, with connections between here and Mex.City area. (Harry Dean)

Thanks, Harry, very interesting. Were you aware of an extremist group sniper training out near Barstow?

BTW, I would love any details you feel you can share on the Los Angeles set-up.

Cheers,

James

James

Re; the sniper group near Barstow, could easily been some of our

California Minutemen?, operating in several So. Cal areas doing

war games with most weapons that were more freely available in

those days. The reason for this possible explaination is because I

was a MM, member#28515 advising the feds. As you likely know

the MM were nationwide anti-Communist, trained para-military

groups. However they like JBS were anti-Eisenhower anti-Kennedy

and basically of the ULTRA-Conservative preference. There is to

much of this history known to me to go into. Cross- connections to

most other so-called Conservative organizations existed.

The L.A. set-up was just another part of the same situation explained

on the CD {did you get a copy?} and connected also to the same

people mentioned in it> I did not write the 'set-up' on the CD as it was

not then [1990] when I wrote the manuscript/book advisable.

I aim to lay it out for you in the next day or after Christmas in a

few days. It is my hope this information will be useful in your

investigation{s}

Harry

PS.

Have you info.on Captain, Rene' Valdez....Alpha 66 ? Bureau agents here

had me seek him out {1964} Valdez 66 office in L.A..The Bureau

was 'very concerned' about him then. I was at that time shown a picture of Valdez,

Never heared further on him except to say he soon dropped from sight.

I may have photo{s} of Swabeck, and will ck. soon. Ther are also some photos

of Valdez Alpha office location.

David

How goes all with you, it's been a long time.

1. MM mainly De Pugh's, there were other groups here, known only slightly

to me.

2. Never saw Bradley at any MM gatherings

3. Very difficult to think Bradley killed Roquemore { I did not know Roquemore }

or Mower personally, however there were so many MM members,could have

run into him? Heard much about Mower.

4.I had spoken with Bradley breifly via phone and received mail from him in

mid 60s. While working for LAPD Intelligence the MM subject was very troubling

and fearful concern to them.

Harry

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you info.on Captain, Rene' Valdez....Alpha 66 ? Bureau agents here

had me seek him out {1964} Valdez 66 office in L.A..The Bureau

was 'very concerned' about him then. I was at that time shown a picture of Valdez,

Never heared further on him except to say he soon dropped from sight.

I may have photo{s} of Swabeck, and will ck. soon. Ther are also some photos

of Valdez Alpha office location. (Harry Dean)

Great info, Harry. I appreciate it.

As far as Valdez goes, I figure you are referring to Rene Valdez Cruz? I don't have much on him except that he appeared in a television interview with Lawrence Howard in about April of 1963. I also believe he was replaced as the L.A. chapter leader in June of 1963. The word is that he was pretty extreme.

I have most of the Alpha 66 photos and couldn't find one of Valdez but many are unidentified so maybe he is one of those.

The connection to Lawrence Howard is the one I have been interested in but have not been able to unearth much.

James

James

My aim is to take off today soon, but a thought re; Valdez.....the Bureau beleived

him to be a dangerous, Castro agent!

Will disscuss Howard and other subject at first opportunity.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Harry

I don't want to pretend to know anything about a Paramiiitary Group in Barstow, except that I do believe there was one there....and perhaps there is stil one! I did hear this many years ago!

In addition, I also know there was at least two around the Lancaster/Palmdale area. I am unsure if this was William Gale or Wesley Swifts Christain Identity Group or not. Although I do know they recruited Ed Butler, right out of Lancaster.

I also heard that Chauncey Holt was involved with a group around the Lancaster/Palmdale area.

I do live in the above County and was told of such a Paramilitary Group there, by a retired Sheriff friend that use to go out there on occasion. He did mention a Posse Comitatus Group, which did make me think of

Gales group.

Even today, there are sections that are enclosed with gated guards. Most that I talk to wonder what is going on around there.

Dixie

My aim is to take off today soon, but a thought re; Valdez.....the Bureau beleived

him to be a dangerous, Castro agent!

Will disscuss Howard and other subject at first opportunity.

Merry Christmas to you and yours. (Harry Dean)

Harry,

I had pondered that is why the FBI were interested in Valdez. It is also the reason I am very keen on the Valdez/Howard relationship. I believe Howard handled Oswald during the Dallas lead-up and then to expose him with connections to a Castro agent would have been damning while supporting the Fidel did it party line. This would have been similar to the Loran Hall scenario as he was connected to Manuel Aguilar, another suspected Castro agent. I also figured this was the motivation for Howard to approach Garrison. I'm sure he was trying to crawl out from under that.

I have my suspicions that Valdez was whacked after the assassination. Some real bad guys came out of Cuba via Mexico City during the middle of 1963 - Herminio Diaz Garcia being one of them. As a sidebar, I have a theory that Oswald and Richard Nagell were actually in Mexico City in July of 1963 where they hooked up with Diaz Garcia. I'll leave that for another post though.

Anyway, I believe Valdez was whacked by this psycho named Angel Casus who came into the U.S. during that mid 1963 period. Does his name sound at all familiar?

BTW, to all forum members, have a wonderful Christmas and a safe holiday

James

I don't want to pretend to know anything about a Paramiiitary Group in Barstow, except that I do believe there was one there....and perhaps there is stil one! I did hear this many years ago!

In addition, I also know there was at least two around the Lancaster/Palmdale area. I am unsure if this was William Gale or Wesley Swifts Christain Identity Group or not. Although I do know they recruited Ed Butler, right out of Lancaster.

I also heard that Chauncey Holt was involved with a group around the Lancaster/Palmdale area.

I do live in the above County and was told of such a Paramilitary Group there, by a retired Sheriff friend that use to go out there on occasion. He did mention a Posse Comitatus Group, which did make me think of

Gales group.

Even today, there are sections that are enclosed with gated guards. Most that I talk to wonder what is going on around there. (Dixie Dea)

Thanks for posting that, Dixie.

If I remember correctly, I believe William Gale actually formed the Posse Comitatus group in the late 1960's. Maybe Dave Boylan knows more about that.

The Barstow group was very secretive and was made up of lots of ex military guys. I also suspect that the Agency had a few assets entrenched there as well.

James

• 2 weeks later...

Gales group.

Even today, there are sections that are enclosed with gated guards. Most that I talk to wonder what is going on around there. (Dixie Dea)

Thanks for posting that, Dixie.

If I remember correctly, I believe William Gale actually formed the Posse Comitatus group in the late 1960's. Maybe Dave Boylan knows more about that.

The Barstow group was very secretive and was made up of lots of ex military guys. I also suspect that the Agency had a few assets entrenched there as well.

James

Harry/Dixie/James,

Thanks for the info. Good exchange!

It was Gale's ideas and writings that lead to the formation of the Posse Comitatus.

Gale was also friendly with Sen. William Rainich of Louisiana. Rainich held LUAC (Louisiana Unamerican Committee) meetings in 1957 where his chief witness against the communists and their influence on the equal rights movement was Guy Banister.

Dave

Dixie was talking about the Palmdale/Lancaster guys, these people are still there training, I was asked one time to come join them but turned them down, from what I gatherd was they are militia types with ex special forces guys training these people, I have heard these are some serious folks, they feed you the "we arent anti U.S.A" But momma didnt raise no fool if ya know what I mean.

Just thought I would let you know that these guys still exist out there in the desert, dont know about Barstow, but I have heard of a place that a guy mentioned called "Black Hills" out in Barstow, that is a "training facility". The reason it has stuck in my head all this time is "Black Hills" is the name for a famous ammunition company.

I taught the guy what ammo to use and a brief lesson in skip shooting with a shotgun under cars etc.

Anyway we got to talking and he pointed out a young girl who worked at the range, he said she had been to Black Hills also, She was a nasty lil thing with a handgun.

What caught me the next week as I went back to the range as I do every week, and this same girl was all smiles and asked if I was a cop LOL, which was wierd as I had seen her NUMEROUS times as she worked at the range and she never asked me that.(cops get discounts)

Anyway just thought I would mention this.

Dixie was talking about the Palmdale/Lancaster guys, these people are still there training, I was asked one time to come join them but turned them down, from what I gatherd was they are militia types with ex special forces guys training these people, I have heard these are some serious folks, they feed you the "we arent anti U.S.A" But momma didnt raise no fool if ya know what I mean.

Just thought I would let you know that these guys still exist out there in the desert, dont know about Barstow, but I have heard of a place that a guy mentioned called "Black Hills" out in Barstow, that is a "training facility". The reason it has stuck in my head all this time is "Black Hills" is the name for a famous ammunition company.

I taught the guy what ammo to use and a brief lesson in skip shooting with a shotgun under cars etc.

Anyway we got to talking and he pointed out a young girl who worked at the range, he said she had been to Black Hills also, She was a nasty lil thing with a handgun.

What caught me the next week as I went back to the range as I do every week, and this same girl was all smiles and asked if I was a cop LOL, which was wierd as I had seen her NUMEROUS times as she worked at the range and she never asked me that.(cops get discounts)

Anyway just thought I would mention this.

Good stuff, Ryan.

I knew you would know something about this and I'm sure glad you posted. 'Black Hills' does sound vaguely familiar. That is definitely something to work with.

You da man. ;)

James

Gale was also friendly with Sen. William Rainich of Louisiana. Rainich held LUAC (Louisiana Unamerican Committee) meetings in 1957 where his chief witness against the communists and their influence on the equal rights movement was Guy Banister. (David Boylan)

Thanks, David. That is most interesting indeed.

James

David and Ryan..

Thanks for the additional interesting info.

I just knew something was still going on out there in the desert. I am always of a suspicious mind, but also just put things together that have been told to me, by various poeple.

In fact, I believe there are things also going on, in the Tehachapi Mountain areas. Plus I believe there are also secret Govt. projects.

I am quite familiar with those that Ryan describes as not claiming to be anti-USA, but then, mama didn't raise no fool, mentalities. After all, I do reside in Bakersfield, in what I refer to as the Redneck Capital...:-)

Dixie

If memory serves me, it was the Reverend Wesley Swift that operated out of Lancaster. Swift was investigated for supposedly predicted the JFK wouldn't be around in 1964 from his pulpit sometime during the fall of 1963. The FBI could not find any evidence of this.

It was shortly after Milteer visited Gale (Dec. 22, 1963) that Swift and Gale had a violent parting of the ways (Dec. 26, 1963). Gale claimed that it was because of an argument over money. Swift reportedly took money from two old ladies. :-)

• 3 years later...

[written for and originally posted on the JFK Research Forum: www.jfkresearch.com, 1/25/08]

I’ve ...been using the Mary Ferrell Foundation site and found something interesting.

I had thought it was odd that ...David Kroman was not listed in Mary Ferrell’s database. Well if I would have been half awake I would have checked some different spellings. He was there, but she had his name as “Krohman.”

Here is what her entry says:

DAVID R. (AKA DON MORGAN) KROHMAN, Gave information to Jim Garrison's office, mostly about Richard Nagell.

So she knew about Kroman using the Don Morgan alias, but there was more. She also knew about the famous ...letter that Vaughn Marlowe had sent to Jim Garrison on March 23, 1967, that was signed “Don Morgan (alias).” She just (understandably) assumed the letter was from Kroman, and so later in entries in her “Chronologies” she thinks Vaughn Marlowe and “Krohman” are the same guy!

For example, an entry for March 1963:

Richard C. Nagell “befriends” Krohman (aka Don Morgan)…

Krohman is proprietor of “left-wing book-store” in Los Angeles.

(DA Garrison’s files: per Stephen Jaffe letter 3/23/67 to Garrison from “Don Morgan” of Berkely, Calif (?))

+++++

David Kroman seemed to be one of those researcher/investigators who were claiming that H.L. Hunt had some role in the JFK assassination and his investigative activities in Dallas, probably starting as early as December of 1963 (at which time he was using the "Don Morgan" alias), drew the attention of Paul Rothermel, the security director for the Hunt family interests. There most likely are references to David Kroman/Don Morgan in Rothermel's files, but I have not been able to determine if his files have been retained or if they are available to researchers.

Ron W

[written for and originally posted on the JFK Research Forum: www.jfkresearch.com, 1/25/08]

I’ve ...been using the Mary Ferrell Foundation site and found something interesting.

I had thought it was odd that ...David Kroman was not listed in Mary Ferrell’s database. Well if I would have been half awake I would have checked some different spellings. He was there, but she had his name as “Krohman.”

DAVID R. (AKA DON MORGAN) KROHMAN, Gave information to Jim Garrison's office, mostly about Richard Nagell.

So she knew about Kroman using the Don Morgan alias, but there was more. She also knew about the famous ...letter that Vaughn Marlowe had sent to Jim Garrison on March 23, 1967, that was signed “Don Morgan (alias).” She just (understandably) assumed the letter was from Kroman, and so later in entries in her “Chronologies” she thinks Vaughn Marlowe and “Krohman” are the same guy!

(DA Garrison’s files: per Stephen Jaffe letter 3/23/67 to Garrison from “Don Morgan” of Berkely, Calif (?))

+++++

David Kroman seemed to be one of those researcher/investigators who were claiming that H.L. Hunt had some role in the JFK assassination and his investigative activities in Dallas, probably starting as early as December of 1963 (at which time he was using the "Don Morgan" alias), drew the attention of Paul Rothermel, the security director for the Hunt family interests. There most likely are references to David Kroman/Don Morgan in Rothermel's files, but I have not been able to determine if his files have been retained or if they are available to researchers.

Ron W

I have alerted Vaughn Marlowe to this information.

+++++

Ron W

Ron, Rothermel's files are still in his controll, and will not be available to the public EVER! At least that's what he told me. He said " What I know about the Kennedy Assassination will die with me" :unsure: IMO he knew alot!

-Bill