The Education Forum

Ron Ecker, did you write this?

Wim Dankbaar

WerBell’s friend Nardi was a Teamsters Union official who had allegedly ordered the murder earlier that year of Cleveland mobster Leo Moceri. 22 Nardi and “Irish mob” leader Danny Greene were reportedly trying to take over control of the Cleveland organized crime family. 23 Moceri had recently become underboss of the family, which was headed by James "Jack White" Licavoli. 24 Moceri had also told a government agent that Chicago mobster Sam Giancana and former Teamsters president Jimmy Hoffa had both been killed to protect the secret of the CIA-Mafia plots to assassinate Castro. 25 (According to government informant Charles Crimaldi, Hoffa was the original liaison between the CIA and Mafia in the Castro plots.) 26 The late Chauncey Holt (who claimed to be the oldest of the three “tramps” photographed in Dealey Plaza) alleged that Leo Moceri was in Dallas on the day of the JFK assassination, having driven there with Holt, Charles Nicoletti, and Joe Canty from Pete Licavoli’s Grace Ranch in Arizona. (Holt also claimed that Rolando Masferrer, WerBell’s later associate in the aborted invasion of Haiti, was one of the intended recipients in Dallas of false Secret Service credentials allegedly delivered by Holt.) 27

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wim,

Yes, it's also on my website. I don't remember how Moceri died but will try to find it.

Ron

Ron,

Whatever you can find on Joe Canty would interest me too. This man looks to be another Bernardo de Torres, I can't find ZIP.

Nic, see below, How sure is it that that Greene was behind Moceri's death? I want to know if Moceri was under subpoena to testify?

Wim

James J. Canty was a high level official of the Veterans Administration. He was able to, this gave him plenty of opportunity to fly all over the country. He had no problem at all going anywhere he wanted to.

xxxxx

-Who was in the car again?

Holt: There was James J. Canty, whom I had known for a long time. He was a pilot. His activities were strictly limited to flying operations...ferrying...any type of operation like that. He had worked, at one time, for Inter-Mountain, which was located out of Tucson, Arizona. And he had also flown for Paragon Air Service in Miami. Both of these were proprieties of the Central Intelligence Agency. He (Canty) really was not a shooter. He was first an excellent pilot and flight instructor who worked for the Veterans Administration. He had plenty of opportunities to go anywhere he wanted to, cause he could coordinate it with his other business without any problem. The other individuals were...(Leo Moceri and Charlie Nicoletti), along with Canty.

-He was to fly back with you?

Holt: He, (Canty), was to fly the Comanche, which had already been purchased and was at Redbird Airport, which was a little bit south of Dallas. That place belonged to Southwest Aircraft Corp., another propriety interest of the CIA that had been incorporated many years ago. Licavoli had taken it over long before we ever got involved with the CIA, but at that time it was used time to time by the CIA. They paid all the tiedown fees for all the aircraft. We had at least 6 aircraft at the time, and they paid the tiedown fees, they paid the insurance, they paid all the expenses.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

In 1976 there was a bombing war being raged in Cleveland for control of the rackets. Danny Greene and labor union figure John Nardi teamed up against James “Jack White” Licavoli, a former member of the Purple Gang. The aging but powerful and wealthy Licavoli reluctantly took over the reigns after the death of longtime mob boss John Scalish.

Greene and Nardi’s strategy was a quick and aggressive offensive. In 1976 Licavoli’s cousin and mob underboss Leo "Lips" Moceri, disappeared. A few days later a pool of blood was found in the trunk of his car. Moceri’s body has never been found. Next Greene and Nardi went after Eugene Ciasullo. Nicknamed "the Animal," Ciasullo was the Cleveland mob’s most feared enforcer. He was seriously injured and put out of commission for several months with a bomb that was placed on his front porch.

http://www.americanmafia.com/Feature_Articles_239.html

Edited by Wim Dankbaar

Nic, see below, How sure is it that that Greene was behind Moceri's death? I want to know if Moceri was under subpoena to testify?

I don't think anyone knows for sure if Greene was actually behind Moceri's death, but being that he accepted the contract, it IS a possibility. Kind of like Jimmy Hoffa's people having a hit out on RFK.

I can't find anything about Moceri being under subpoena, just that Moceri had risen to serve as the underboss of the Cleveland family under James T. Licavoli, which of course ended when Moceri disappeared in August 1976.

Wim and Nic,

I have seen nothing about Moceri being under subpoena. From all I've seen his death was part of Nardi's and Greene's campaign to take over the Cleveland crime family.

Here's what I found on his death, quoting from To Kill the Irishman, by Rick Porrello (Cleveland: Next Hat Press, 2001), p. 127:

The Mafia’s war with Danny Greene hit its peak in 1976. In August, only two weeks after Mob enforcer Eugene Ciasullo was bombed, feared underboss Leo Moceri received a threatening phone call.

“Leo you’re dead,” the unidentified caller said.

His girlfriend expressed concern over the call, but Leo laughed.

“If anyone wanted to kill me I wouldn’t get a call about it,” he told her. “They would just do it.”

Two weeks after the phone call, Moceri disappeared. Several days later his Mercedes was found abandoned. In the trunk were a set of golf clubs that Leo had won. They were laying in a pool of blood infested with maggot larvae. Moceri’s body was never found.

Ron,

Whatever you can find on Joe Canty would interest me too. This man looks to be another Bernardo de Torres, I can't find ZIP.

Wim

James J. Canty was a high level official of the Veterans Administration. He was able to, this gave him plenty of opportunity to fly all over the country. He had no problem at all going anywhere he wanted to.

xxxxx

-Who was in the car again?

Holt: There was James J. Canty, whom I had known for a long time. He was a pilot. His activities were strictly limited to flying operations...ferrying...any type of operation like that. He had worked, at one time, for Inter-Mountain, which was located out of Tucson, Arizona. And he had also flown for Paragon Air Service in Miami. Both of these were proprieties of the Central Intelligence Agency. He (Canty) really was not a shooter. He was first an excellent pilot and flight instructor who worked for the Veterans Administration. He had plenty of opportunities to go anywhere he wanted to, cause he could coordinate it with his other business without any problem. The other individuals were...(Leo Moceri and Charlie Nicoletti), along with Canty.

-He was to fly back with you?

Holt: He, (Canty), was to fly the Comanche, which had already been purchased and was at Redbird Airport, which was a little bit south of Dallas. That place belonged to Southwest Aircraft Corp., another propriety interest of the CIA that had been incorporated many years ago. Licavoli had taken it over long before we ever got involved with the CIA, but at that time it was used time to time by the CIA. They paid all the tiedown fees for all the aircraft. We had at least 6 aircraft at the time, and they paid the tiedown fees, they paid the insurance, they paid all the expenses.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

In 1976 there was a bombing war being raged in Cleveland for control of the rackets. Danny Greene and labor union figure John Nardi teamed up against James “Jack White” Licavoli, a former member of the Purple Gang. The aging but powerful and wealthy Licavoli reluctantly took over the reigns after the death of longtime mob boss John Scalish.

Greene and Nardi’s strategy was a quick and aggressive offensive. In 1976 Licavoli’s cousin and mob underboss Leo "Lips" Moceri, disappeared. A few days later a pool of blood was found in the trunk of his car. Moceri’s body has never been found. Next Greene and Nardi went after Eugene Ciasullo. Nicknamed "the Animal," Ciasullo was the Cleveland mob’s most feared enforcer. He was seriously injured and put out of commission for several months with a bomb that was placed on his front porch.

http://www.americanmafia.com/Feature_Articles_239.html

reply from Tosh Plumlee:

Canty and I used to fly the same aircraft at Southwest Airmotive and Red Bird Airport before the assassination. We both had worked for Inter-Mountain Aviation, Tucson and Paragon of Miami and Hollywood Air Park, as well as L.B. Smith Aircraft located at Miami International.

[documented, Miami; OMC-235 Sec C Tab B Miami CIA Cuban Desk]

The Comanche was the aircraft parked near the fuel dump that we had to move in order to park and tie down our DC-3 on the day Kennedy was assassinated. Canty sometimes used the name "Jay" Tanner an operative name, as I sometimes used 'Buck Pearson'.

[documented. U. S. Senate; Congressman Tom Downing, 1975; W.R. Plumlee sworn testimony of 1992] documented SAC Scott Warner Denver FBI, 1964; Classified]

Jay and Rojas had also flown in Miami around 1959 on weapons deliveries to Castro's rebels. I had flown with Jack Rylie of Rylie Aviation and Riddle Airlines before going to work as a flight mech. with Inter-Mountain Aviation. I worked for Southwest Airmotive in 1952-56 at Dallas Love Field and I took flight trainning at Red Bird and White Rock Airport on the GI Bill. Tanner (Canty) was one of my flight instructors at North Perry Airport in Florida.

Most of this flying by me and 'Jay' was connected to the Dallas Cubans and gun running through Dallas (Alpha-66 and Omega-7 operations) for at least thrree years before the assassination of Kennedy and into the first part of 1964.

[ref; #1. Plumlee's U.S. Army DD-214 states employment; Southwest Airmotive. #2. Ref; FBI 62216 &105-74xxx Plumlee/Rosellie; #3. FOIA FBI 105xxx, 1981, ref; places of employment.]

note: Portions of this information and documentation has been previously posted on this site. Some of this information is on file and remains "Classified Top Secret, Committee Sensitive", ref; Senator John Kerry's Committee of 1986-87; ref Senator Church's investigative staff of 1974-76

Tosh,

Are you saying that you knew Canty?How old was he  when he was your flight instructor.

Can you provide me with the documents you cite?

By the way, the "Frank Sutter" in this document, is that Frank Sturgis?

http://tosh.jfkmurdersolved.com/pdf/check2.PDF

Wim

Wim: Jay was about ten years older than me. DoB about 1927 or so.

You have the FBI employment list about Southwest. There are other documents that talks about this pilot from me and the Holt meeting about 1967 in Phoenix Arizona at the Caravan Inn, which you should also have. And to you should have copies of the DD-214 from Austin Texas. (Texas National Guard and the 4th Army reserve. And there is my statement as to who was instructors at White Rock and Red Bird made to investigators in 1976; and again in 1990. Bernard Finisterwald and Gary Shaw had Jay's name and a list of Airlines we flew with in 1980. Most of the other matters is Classified my the Kerry Committee in 1991. And I can't do anything about that.

Point Two. I have posted many documents and have myself asked questions. I don't think I will do the leg work for anyone anymore. Nothing in return on the questions I ask. I have told you and others where to go to get this information to back up various matters of my associations. You forget I don't care about proving what I say. Like Files "Take it or leave it" At least I am citing references and there locations. I research my own self only to be called a liarand twisting of facts. You all are the experts... now go do your jobs. I mean this in the nicest way. I am tired of pointing things out that people already have if they would just read what they have.

Point Three: This is the seventh time I have said YES that is Struges (Sutter) in the 105 document. The FBI missed pronounced the name in their transcribing this was in 1959 I think. I do not know if that was on purpose or taken from the tape because of my pronounciation.

Why am I beating this dead hourse or still engaged in all this. It seems to me everyone already knows what happened and how. So why am I here? To entertain? To be told how it was and why and how wrong I am? What is my motive? I do not want to write a book. .., do a movie.., make a buck$$ at the expense of dead people. I really do have more important things to do with the rest of my life than to stay engaged in all this crazy stuff.

Wim: Jay was about ten years older than me. DoB about 1927 or so.

You have the FBI employment list about Southwest. There are other documents that talks about this pilot from me and the Holt meeting about 1967 in Phoenix Arizona at the Caravan Inn, which you should also have. And to you should have copies of the DD-214 from Austin Texas. (Texas National Guard and the 4th Army reserve. And there is my statement as to who was instructors at White Rock and Red Bird made to investigators in 1976; and again in 1990. Bernard Finisterwald and Gary Shaw had Jay's name and a list of Airlines we flew with in 1980. Most of the other matters is Classified my the Kerry Committee in 1991. And I can't do anything about that.

Well, Tosh, I asked you about Canty before and I recall it didn't ring a bell for you. Is that because you knew him as Jay Tanner? And are you sure this is the same guy as Canty?

Did he look like this?

http://jfkmurdersolved.com/images/filesx.jpg

I have not seen his name in any of your documents either, but I could well have missed it. In such a pile of PDF docs you can quiclkly overlook it, especially if you're not looking for a specifice needle in the haystack.

Point Two. I have posted many documents and have myself asked questions. I don't think I will do the leg work for anyone anymore. Nothing in return on the questions I ask.

Are you also referring to me? Because then I say: that's not fair. I have tried to answer your questions, and dug up the docs you asked for. I am primarily interested in the Kennedy thing, and I cannot read all the posts and questions you ask here. If you have a specific question for me, you know where I am. I cannot break iron with my hands and some questions I cannot answer or at least not right away.

I have told you and others where to go to get this information to back up various matters of my associations.

What does that mean? Where should we go with this information?

You forget I don't care about proving what I say.

Like Files "Take it or leave it" At least I am citing references and there locations. I research my own self only to be called a xxxx and twisting of facts.

Well, there are always figures who will do that. That's the nature of this game, huge interests are at stake. Be glad your major attacker is such an obvious lying you-know- what.

And I think Larry Hancock owes you a public apology.

For the rest I don't think that many people call you a xxxx. Quite frankly I think your one of the least attacked people with inside knowledge.

You all are the experts... now go do your jobs. I mean this in the nicest way. I am tired of pointing things out that people already have if they would just read what they have.

I don't see myself as an expert and I think few of us here are. We're trying to learn and rely on insiders like you, trying to determine who is real or not in the game of smoke and mirrors.

Point Three: This is the seventh time I have said YES that is Struges (Sutter) in the 105 document. The FBI missed pronounced the name in their transcribing this was in 1959 I think. I do not know if that was on purpose or taken from the tape because of my pronounciation.

I asked the question for the first time and have not seen your seven times you answered that.

Why am I beating this dead hourse or still engaged in all this. It seems to me everyone already knows what happened and how. So why am I here? To entertain? To be told how it was and why and how wrong I am? What is my motive? I do not want to write a book. .., do a movie.., make a buck$$ at the expense of dead people. I really do have more important things to do with the rest of my life than to stay engaged in all this crazy stuff.

I hope your motive is mainly to tell the truth about all these shannanigans, so that something good may come from it. I think you should write a book and also put your website back online. That way you only have to give a link to answer a question, and you don't need to repeat yourself all the time. It will save you a lot of frustration. You could refer me directly to the Southwest document for example, for I do not recall seeing it. For the rest, RELAX.

Wim

Like Files "Take it or leave it"

Tosh:

You are nothing "like Files;" I loathe seeing your names in the same sentence.

Tim Carroll