The Education Forum

JFK Research in 2005

Tim Gratz

Since it is now the eve of 2005 in Great Britain, the home of the Forum, let me wish all of you a happy new year.

Rather than a resolution, let me make a wish: that through the efforts of the research community, 2005 will show significant progress toward a resolution of the Crime of the (20th) Century.

In that regard, perhaps we could post our thoughts on research avenues that still need exploring. Larry Hancock discusses this subject at the end of his wonderful book.

One area would be witnesses who are still living who ought to be interviewed (by someone).

Another interesting area is this: are there new developments in science that could be employed to test the evidence that stilll exists.

Perhaps when this topic is completed we can put our collective heads together re how to accomplish these things.

Let me start with this suggestion re a possible witness: there is a member of Trafficante's old gang who I understand is incarcerated in Florida. In the Rosselli biography the authors identify this man and state that he had mentioned his involvement in the Rosselli murder to two separate informants. Perhaps (even if it takes a judicial proceeding) he could verify whether he did indeed assist in Rosselli's murder; who else was involved; and whether Trafficante ordered it. Who knows what else this man might know?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great posting Tim. I think it is a good idea if we can make some sort of joint commitment to do our best to come up with some understanding of the events surrounding the assassination of JFK.

We will never agree about different aspects of this (Tim and I are good examples of this), but if we try hard enough we should also be able to work together in an harmonious way. We should also use the forum to help each other in our research.

I think it would be a good idea to use this thread to map out our main areas of research. Here are mine:

LBJ and the Democratic Party in Texas (1930-1968)

The Military Industrial Complex (1940-1968)

The Texas Oilmen (1900-1968)

Bobby Baker and Political Corruption (1950-1963)

Suite 8F Group

I also agree that we should also draw up a list of people who need to be interviewed about the case. Here is my list:

Bobby Baker

Don Reynolds (if still alive)

Grant Stockdale (son of Grant Stockdale)

Ann Stockdale (daughter of Grant Stockdale)

Bernard Barker

Virgilio Gonzalez

Eugenio Martinez,

Gerry P. Hemming

William Seymour

Howard K. Davis

Antonio Veciana

Bernardo De Torres

Helen Burke (someone who provided me with some interesting information but then cut off contact).

I would like to see all active members post on this thread. It will give us some idea of how many there are involved in this joint investigation.

How about Rolando Cubela, who I understand is still living (in Spain, I believe).

And how about George Smathers?

Perhaps we can collaborate on questions that should be asked to the respective witnesses. The only problem is I am not sure if a public forum is the best method to develop an interview guideline.

Suggestions, anyone?

To John's list and Tim's additions, I think we should add:

Dick Whatley

Edmund Kolby

Alfredo Duran

I would also like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy new year from Down Under. Not only do I hope that we can all work together for a common goal, but that we do it safely.

Cheers,

James

How about Rolando Cubela, who I understand is still living (in Spain, I believe).

And how about George Smathers?

Perhaps we can collaborate on questions that should be asked to the respective witnesses.  The only problem is I am not sure if a public forum is the best method to develop an interview guideline.

Suggestions, anyone?

I am sorry I forgot to put George Smathers name on the list (you know I believe he is a very important figure in all this).

If he is still alive, Eugene Hancock is another one I would like to interview.

A list of questions is a good idea. Maybe it is best that when we identify who is interested in these characters we can work together via email to construct the questions.

I am sorry I forgot to put George Smathers name on the list (you know I believe he is a very important figure in all this).

If he is still alive, Eugene Hancock is another one I would like to interview.

A list of questions is a good idea. Maybe it is best that when we identify who is interested in these characters we can work together via email to construct the questions.

I agree that private e-mail may be the best way to design the suggested interview. Perhaps John should serve as the depository and e-mails could be addressed, e.g. Suggested Questions for George Smathers. John could then put them all together, or merely forward them, to the person who has agreed to do the interview.

Mark Howell and I will try to interview George Smathers next year. Mark's press credentials should help, of course.

Although most of the key players in the assassination have been interviewed and investigated thoroughly over the last 41 years, I would argue that some issues have been overlooked, somethings have been misinterpreted and therefore some key points of the investigation remain unknown.

I am convinced more work can be done with the evidence and witness statements that exist (although flawed and somewhat altered).

To those who plan to interview some of the persons mentioned in this thread, I recommend you get some additional life insurance. People who obtain inside knowledge about this case have a habit of committing suicide, die unexpectedly of natural causes or are otherwise prone to deadly accidents.

Although most of the key players in the assassination have been interviewed and investigated thoroughly over the last 41 years, I would argue that some issues have been overlooked, somethings have been misinterpreted and therefore some key points of the investigation remain unknown.

I am convinced more work can be done with the  evidence and witness statements that exist (although flawed and somewhat altered).

To those who plan to interview some of the persons mentioned in this thread, I recommend you get some additional life insurance. People who obtain inside knowledge about this case have a habit of committing suicide, die unexpectedly of natural causes or are otherwise prone to deadly accidents.

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

I am convinced more work can be done with the  evidence and witness statements that exist (although flawed and somewhat altered).

Good point about existing evidence. In this regard, I would think we ought to reach a conclusion regarding the alleged Malcolm Wallace fingerprint.

Do you have other specific existing evidence in mind?

Tim Gratz Posted Today, 12:01 PM

QUOTE(Antti Hynonen @ Dec 31 2004, 11:15 AM)

Good point about existing evidence. In this regard, I would think we ought to reach a conclusion regarding the alleged Malcolm Wallace fingerprint.

Do you have other specific existing evidence in mind?

Sure Tim, I do. As I recall the finding of Malcolm Wallace's fingerprint is disputed (well, what evidence is not disputed...???). It would be interesting to follow-up on that and see if that evidence is anything that could be used in a court of law one day. At any rate I was referring to witness testimony, primarily (Marina, Buell W. Frazier etc.). The alleged weapon has already been looked at by unbiased experts. From their statements, my personal conclusion is that the Carcano was not used in the assassination (at least not in a lethal way), also it seems like more than one Carcano have been entered as evidence at different stages of the investigation. The autopsy has also been discussed by many researchers, and among many the conclusion is that the WC entered false information into their report (re: Rydberg et al drawings vs. the fact that shoulder wound was actually some 4 inches lower, close to spine, as seen on autopsy photos).

In the thread re: back-yard photos, I have suggested that Marina (Oswald) Porter's statement regarding these photos is very shakey to say the least. Researchers have found out that there were several poses of the back-yard photos, both with, and without the guns. It is also disputed whether more than 1 camera has been used to take the photos. Jack White says they are all fakes and fabrications, perhaps so. Bill Miller's work regarding the photos and the non-altering size of Lee's head is convincing too.

Also, I'd be interested to see if Buell Frazier would do a second lie detector test, I know one was administered during the night of Nov. 22 1963-Nov. 23rd 1963. Since it was done by DPD, it leaves us with certain doubts. Frazier and his sister both insisted that the package Lee put in Wes Fraziers' car and brought to the DPD was 2 feet long. However the physical evidence shows that a Carcano will be at least some 3 feet long no matter what you do in terms of disassembling. Perhaps Wes Frazier can explain what happened to the 2 foot long package on Nov. 22nd 1963?

There are several other pieces of evidence and many statements that do not make sense. The mere fact that the entire case against Lee Oswald is full of coincidences, suspicious evidence, changed testimony, contradicting testimony should indicate that foul play was part of the game that cost the lives of 3 men in Dallas on Nov. 22nd 1963 and the lives of many more later. Why are simple things classified as matters of "National Security" such as Lee Oswald's tax records, not to mention all the FBI and CIA documents.

Edited by Antti Hynonen

To John's list and Tim's additions, I think we should add:

Dick Whatley

Edmund Kolby

Alfredo Duran

I would also like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy new year from Down Under. Not only do I hope that we can all work together for a common goal, but that we do it safely.

Cheers,

James

James,

I agree with John's list, as well as yours. Duran is critical, and may be one who would eventually tell what he knows(albeit on his deathbed). Most however, will not talk, and a few, well, as you said, safety first.

I would love to talk to Marita Lorenz.

I would especially love to see Marina Oswald Porter take a polygraph, then file a wrongful death lawsuit against the DPD. If anyone can open the can of worms, she can.

And I would like to see Hemming finally come clean about what he knows instead of playing the games he plays.

I also have a few more names to try for identification of Pakse Base Man, who I think was the guy on the lightpole at Houston and Main.

RJS

A few more names:

Ruth Paine (I am sure she knows more than she has said so far)

Billie Sol Estes (has never replied to my emails)

Ron Pataky (has never replied to my emails)

Norman Redlich (has never replied to my emails)

Harris Wofford (JFK aide who might know more than he has said so far)

Theodore Sorenson (JFK aide who might know more than he has said so far)

Dick Billings (currently unwilling to answer my questions)

G. Robert Blakey (currently unwilling to answer my questions)

Hi ! :D

Happy New Year to all Members!

I would like to know the real reasons why Sam Pate (and buddies) has done a re-creation of the well known K-Box tape !!!

"it…it…it appears as though something has happened in the motorcade route…something…I repeat has happened in the motorcade…there are numerous people running up the hill alongside Elm Street there by Stemmons…several police officers are rushing up the hill at this time…standby…just a moment please."

In fact, the K-Box tape(s) were sized by the FBI the day of the assassination!

The well known K-BOX tape cannot be used in research purpose!!! ;)

On 22nd November, 1963, Sam Pate used an omnidirectional microphone (ambiant sounds are perfectly audible), therefore, the shots should be (more than probably) recorded on the original tape. :ph34r:

However, there is no supersonic blast (shots) audible on the "extant" K-Box tape. :blink:

Edited by Marcel Dehaeseleer