The Education Forum

Tosh Plumlee, James Files & Chancey Holt

My last encounter with Plumlee was on the telephone last year, and it was non-productive to say the least. The last time I met with him was in Miami Beach (1998) when Gus Russo and I were busy doing investigations for the Peter Jennings/ABC/Seymour Hersh/ "Dark Side Of Camelot" production. I made a few thousand dollars on that job, and the only annoying experience was to have to listen to Plumlee (eagerly lapping-up acceptance & approval) spin his well-worn and obviously phony tales of his legendary (In-His-Own-Mind!!) "Terry & The Pirates" escapades!!

Just like your guy Files - TOTAL BULLxxxx!! Just like Chauncy Holt -- TOTAL HORSExxxx!!

Absolutely nobody in "The Joint" - "The Pen" -- "The Chain Gang" -- "The Gaol" etc., etc., spill-the-beans on ANYBODY'S criminal acts, not even his own - without getting his canary-ass "Shanked" [stabbed with a knife]; because his fellow Cons would put out a 2 carton of cigarettes murder contract on him "toot-sweet"!!

I have read "Plumlee's Interviews, PDFs on FBI, etc. "Files"; and they are totally worthless collection of fantasy-land scrivening.

Firstly, the CIA/DEA/Customs Service/FBI only hire contract pilots who are previously MILITARY PILOTS!! Moreover, they only hire "Rated" pilots, preferably those with the highest category ATP (was ATR) "Airline Transport Pilot". A "Rated" pilot is one who holds a certification to fly aircraft which weigh more than 12,500 Lbs; such as the DC-3, DC-4, etc.!

Plumlee started out as a "Private Pilot" (less than 200 hours flight experience) during the 1960s. Now, some 40+ years later, he has a "Commercial" designation (only +200 hours flight time and passing a written exam and check ride is needed.)

So, what does he have now in the 21st Century? "Commercial" with "A.S.E.L." -- "Airplane - Single Engine - Land". Where is his "Multi-Engine Ticket"? Where is his "Instrument Ticket"? Check with Brad Ayers, he has all of the above since the early 1960s. (During the 1960s, Brad ran a company styled as "AyerVentures" at the old "Tamiami Airport, Miami, Florida".

The majority of pilots I flew with (some were Air America, C.A.T., CIA, etc.) possess "A.S.M.-E.L &S." (Airplane-Single & Multi-Engine Land & Sea), together with a wallet full of separ-ate licenses exhibiting "Ratings" in Turbo and pure Jet, heavy aircraft of all types, includ-ing commercial airline models; and also hold foreign pilot licenses from a dozen different countries around the Globe.

One of my last flying partners held just about every category and rating existing, including Hot-Air Balloon (Instructor), Aircraft Mechanic (A & P, E & E, Hydraulic, etc.), Rotorary-Wing Instructor (Helicopters - even one that was + 12,500 Lbs.).

No way Delta Airlines would have given him "The-Time-Of-Day"!! No way he would have manned the right-seat (Co-Pilot) in a DC-3 without a "Rating".

Lastly, the aviation outfits (including CIA proprietaries) carry insurance - and no way would Plumlee get insurance cover with his meager "Comm/Pilot - A.S.E.L." !!

More importantly, "Covert Ops" are always compartmentalized, so there is no way an individual operator can know even 2% of any given mission !!

"Velly Strange" that within a week of my informing Chris Cox as to my heavy doubts about Plumlee's veracity RE: his legendary and heroic tales - that he informed the UK/Forum that he was "bowing out"; his last communication, and I guess that he then "Exited Stage-Left"??!!

Hello Mr. Hemming,

I hope you come back to read what others say to you.

All that I can say is that Files was very interested in what you have had to say in the book that Daniel Hopsicker wrote.

He wanted to know what your words were?

So I have to say this is rather interesting, why would Files be very consurned as to what you have to say.

I had to make copies of the pages of the book and let him see it for himself.

Any idea's as to why he would be interested in your comments?

I take it he knows you well. Very well in fact and I do think he does think a lot of you as a person.

Well just thought you should know this.

I'm a little caught off guard, here. I concur with Peter. Tosh has always backed up what he says to me with some documentation. His help with aviation has been incredible.

Both he and Gerry have been a great help to me in researching my father and early Cuba stuff.

As I said before months ago here, Tosh has proven his willingness to share his ops background. It's been aired on US television and in print. Those outlets would all do investigations first I assume. Sen. Gary Hart was interested and worked with Tosh, US congressional committee as well. Iran Contra ops were made a little clearer in the Kerry camp, with testimony from guys like Tosh. This say a lot for the man. I would always encourage openness with these sources, we have alot to learn.

I'm sure every one of us would be interested in your theory re who killed JFk, or do you have knowledge (even second-hand) so it is more than a theory?

I dare say that most people will be very careful when addressing Mr Hemming, as in what might be construed as beating around the bush so to speak. Happened already in the first few posts. Mr Hemming's name has come up in nearly every informed conversation regarding Dallas. I don't have any doubt the participants were compartmentalized, so certain groups were not aware of what the others were doing or what their assignments were, but at the risk of sounding blunt, my question would be "what was your part in the assassination of John F. Kennedy, or what did you know, and when did you know it? Not that it would be answered, but I don't think there's any question that Mr Hemming had/has first hand knowledge. If he was not directly involved, many of his former associates surely were. Another question would relate to the Miami to Dallas "caravan". Mr Hemming said in an interview in Marita Lorenz's documentary on her return to Cuba that the trip did take place, but he didn't go. Sturgis, Marita and the others(according to Marita, Lee Oswald) made the trip and carried weapons, allegedly used in the assassination. What are the details surrounding the trip, who was there, and how would Marita have confused Oswald. Was there an Ozzie lookalike?

Isn't it about time the truth was known?

I'm sure every one of us would be interested in your theory re who killed JFk, or do you have knowledge (even second-hand) so it is more than a theory?

I dare say that most people will be very careful when addressing Mr Hemming, as in what might be construed as beating around the bush so to speak. Happened already in the first few posts. Mr Hemming's name has come up in nearly every informed conversation regarding Dallas. I don't have any doubt the participants were compartmentalized, so certain groups were not aware of what the others were doing or what their assignments were, but at the risk of sounding blunt, my question would be "what was your part in the assassination of John F. Kennedy, or what did you know, and when did you know it? Not that it would be answered, but I don't think there's any question that Mr Hemming had/has first hand knowledge. If he was not directly involved, many of his former associates surely were. Another question would relate to the Miami to Dallas "caravan". Mr Hemming said in an interview in Marita Lorenz's documentary on her return to Cuba that the trip did take place, but he didn't go. Sturgis, Marita and the others(according to Marita, Lee Oswald) made the trip and carried weapons, allegedly used in the assassination. What are the details surrounding the trip, who was there, and how would Marita have confused Oswald. Was there an Ozzie lookalike?

Isn't it about time the truth was known?

Interesting discussion. I await Mr Hemmings response to these questions.

Tosh is not online at this time, whether he will be back remains to be seen. I have had his "story" as Hemmings calls it personally verified by someone who has known him since the 50's. So, Tosh needs no "defense" as far as I am concerned.

I too welcome you to this forum Mr Hemmings. After reading about you all these many years it is great to see you here in cyberspace.

Dawn

To be blunt, the scepticism surrounding Mr. Hemmings

is much greater than the scepticism surrounding Tosh Plumlee.

Welcome to the FORUM though,

and we look forward to debating these specifics.

Peter, do you have any plans to publish your research on Tosh? I'd love to see an article or perhaps one of John's seminars presenting your work.

I'd also enjoy seeing something from Dawn on her independent long term source on Tosh.

We've seen Tosh's presentation and I've seen the Denver magazine article on him - any additional research would be really helpful.

-- Larry

My last encounter with Plumlee was on the telephone last year, and it was non-productive to say the least.  The last time I met with him was in Miami Beach (1998) when Gus Russo and I were busy doing investigations for the Peter Jennings/ABC/Seymour Hersh/ "Dark Side Of Camelot" production.  I made a few thousand dollars on that job, and the only annoying experience was to have to listen to Plumlee (eagerly lapping-up acceptance & approval) spin his well-worn and obviously phony tales of his legendary (In-His-Own-Mind!!) "Terry & The Pirates" escapades!!

Just like your guy Files - TOTAL BULLxxxx!!  Just like Chauncy Holt -- TOTAL HORSExxxx!!

Absolutely nobody in "The Joint" - "The Pen" -- "The Chain Gang" -- "The Gaol" etc., etc., spill-the-beans on ANYBODY'S criminal acts, not even his own - without getting his canary-ass "Shanked" [stabbed with a knife]; because his fellow Cons would put out a 2 carton of cigarettes murder contract on him "toot-sweet"!! 

I have read "Plumlee's Interviews, PDFs on FBI, etc. "Files"; and they are totally worthless collection of fantasy-land scrivening.

Firstly, the CIA/DEA/Customs Service/FBI only hire contract pilots who are previously MILITARY PILOTS!!  Moreover, they only hire "Rated" pilots, preferably those with the highest category ATP (was ATR) "Airline Transport Pilot".  A "Rated" pilot is one who holds a certification to fly aircraft which weigh more than 12,500 Lbs; such as the DC-3, DC-4, etc.!

Plumlee started out as a "Private Pilot" (less than 200 hours flight experience) during the 1960s.  Now, some 40+ years later, he has a "Commercial" designation (only +200 hours flight time and passing a written exam and check ride is needed.)

So, what does he have now in the 21st Century?  "Commercial" with "A.S.E.L." -- "Airplane - Single Engine - Land".  Where is his "Multi-Engine Ticket"?  Where is his "Instrument Ticket"?  Check with Brad Ayers, he has all of the above since the early 1960s.  (During the 1960s, Brad ran a company styled as "AyerVentures" at the old "Tamiami Airport, Miami, Florida".

The majority of pilots I flew with (some were Air America, C.A.T., CIA, etc.) possess "A.S.M.-E.L &S." (Airplane-Single & Multi-Engine Land & Sea), together with a wallet full of separ-ate licenses exhibiting "Ratings" in Turbo and pure Jet, heavy aircraft of all types, includ-ing commercial airline models; and also hold foreign pilot licenses from a dozen different countries around the Globe.

One of my last flying partners held just about every category and rating existing, including Hot-Air Balloon (Instructor), Aircraft Mechanic (A & P, E & E, Hydraulic, etc.), Rotorary-Wing Instructor (Helicopters - even one that was + 12,500 Lbs.).

No way Delta Airlines would have given him "The-Time-Of-Day"!!  No way he would have manned the right-seat (Co-Pilot) in a DC-3 without a "Rating".

Lastly, the aviation outfits (including CIA proprietaries) carry insurance - and no way would Plumlee get insurance cover with his meager "Comm/Pilot - A.S.E.L." !!

More importantly, "Covert Ops" are always compartmentalized, so there is no way an individual operator can know even 2% of any given mission !!

"Velly Strange" that within a week of my informing Chris Cox as to my heavy doubts about Plumlee's veracity RE: his legendary and heroic tales -  that he informed the UK/Forum that he was "bowing out"; his last communication, and I guess that he then "Exited Stage-Left"??!!

Mr. Hemmings, We have never met. I worked with and researched Tosh Plumlee's story for many years. Most of it was [as far as I could tell] truthful. Some items I can not prove and perhaps he [Plumlee] is not 100% truthful or has forgotten...but over 90% of his tale [perhaps 95%+] is truth. He [as you] worked in Black Ops. It is a shadowy world. I welcome your participation here. I would personally ask, however, that if you have personal vendettas with Tosh to settle you not do it here. Truth would be helpful. If you are [and I hope not!] working for some one or entity to spin dis-information about Tosh or others - or anythings he or they were involved with, I would hope you would not. All that having been said, please tell us what YOU know about the anti-Castro operations in the late '50s and through the '60s and how that crowd fed into the assassination of JFK. Who do you think killed JFK? [Fellow-black op Oswald?] Sincerely,

Peter, do you have any plans to publish your research on Tosh?  I'd love to see an article or perhaps one of John's seminars presenting your work.

I'd also enjoy seeing something from Dawn on her independent long term source on Tosh.

We've seen Tosh's presentation and I've seen the Denver magazine article on him - any additional research would be really helpful.

-- Larry

My last encounter with Plumlee was on the telephone last year, and it was non-productive to say the least.  The last time I met with him was in Miami Beach (1998) when Gus Russo and I were busy doing investigations for the Peter Jennings/ABC/Seymour Hersh/ "Dark Side Of Camelot" production.  I made a few thousand dollars on that job, and the only annoying experience was to have to listen to Plumlee (eagerly lapping-up acceptance & approval) spin his well-worn and obviously phony tales of his legendary (In-His-Own-Mind!!) "Terry & The Pirates" escapades!!

Just like your guy Files - TOTAL BULLxxxx!!  Just like Chauncy Holt -- TOTAL HORSExxxx!!

Firstly, the CIA/DEA/Customs Service/FBI only hire contract pilots who are previously MILITARY PILOTS!!  Moreover, they only hire "Rated" pilots, preferably those with the highest category ATP (was ATR) "Airline Transport Pilot".  A "Rated" pilot is one who holds a certification to fly aircraft which weigh more than 12,500 Lbs; such as the DC-3, DC-4, etc.!

Plumlee started out as a "Private Pilot" (less than 200 hours flight experience) during the 1960s.  Now, some 40+ years later, he has a "Commercial" designation (only +200 hours flight time and passing a written exam and check ride is needed.)

So, what does he have now in the 21st Century?  "Commercial" with "A.S.E.L." -- "Airplane - Single Engine - Land".  Where is his "Multi-Engine Ticket"?  Where is his "Instrument Ticket"?  Check with Brad Ayers, he has all of the above since the early 1960s.  (During the 1960s, Brad ran a company styled as "AyerVentures" at the old "Tamiami Airport, Miami, Florida".

No way Delta Airlines would have given him "The-Time-Of-Day"!!  No way he would have manned the right-seat (Co-Pilot) in a DC-3 without a "Rating".

"Velly Strange" that within a week of my informing Chris Cox as to my heavy doubts about Plumlee's veracity RE: his legendary and heroic tales -  that he informed the UK/Forum that he was "bowing out"; his last communication, and I guess that he then "Exited Stage-Left"??!!

Mr. Hemmings, We have never met. I worked with and researched Tosh Plumlee's story for many years. Most of it was [as far as I could tell] truthful. Some items I can not prove and perhaps he [Plumlee] is not 100% truthful or has forgotten...but over 90% of his tale [perhaps 95%+] is truth. He [as you] worked in Black Ops. It is a shadowy world. I welcome your participation here. I would personally ask, however, that if you have personal vendettas with Tosh to settle you not do it here. Truth would be helpful. If you are [and I hope not!] working for some one or entity to spin dis-information about Tosh or others - or anythings he or they were involved with, I would hope you would not. All that having been said, please tell us what YOU know about the anti-Castro operations in the late '50s and through the '60s and how that crowd fed into the assassination of JFK. Who do you think killed JFK? [Fellow-black op Oswald?] Sincerely,

Larry: Re your question re my source on Tosh. I am not at liberty to divilge this information at this time. I will be later on, but not at this time.

Dawn

Mr. Hemming,

Interesting that you point out the issue of compartmentalization on covert operations in the context you did to challenge the authenticity of Tosh Plumlee's history. While compartmentalization is no secret in dealing with covert operations, you chose to be selective in how it works from you to Tosh.

My next question is how reliable are you in providing details of covert ops that may be directly linked to the assassination of JFK? You have the appearance of nothing more than an SOF at the time of the assassination. The history of deep covert ops deals with true military personnel who are often compromised and their records (DD214) are then sanitized to show a dismissal from active duty and are then catagorized as SOF/Mercs to eliminate accountability and connections to the government. While your activities with such lame and unproductive organizations such as INTERPIN would lead most in the know to believe that you were nothing more than a former Marine turned SOF, your willingness to provide sketchy details of links to possible leads to the JFK Assassination would show that you would likely have been the former, an active military personnel involved in Black Ops. What it comes down to is your credibility which IMO is challenged.

Al

I am adding just a statement at this time only to bring this forward for the attention to Mr. Hemming.

I am hoping that he does come back to address some of these issues and or to answer some of these questions.

Thank you if you can answer any of them.

If not I am wondering what is going on why Mr. Hemming became a member of the forum to only post up what he finds and then not return back to give further comments?