The Education Forum

Death of Jimi Hendrix

Guest David L Sharp

Guest David L Sharp

Rock guitarist Jimi Hendrix was murdered, drowned in red wine. The following chapter from my book, "Rethinking John Lennon's Assassination: The FBI's War on Rock Stars," tells about Woodstock and the misfortune that followed which included the deaths Hendrix, plus Canned Heat founder Alan Wilson.

gee....Sal.....or whomever....where to start?

You obviously don't know much about the Hell's Angels, or just how the European chapter's were started....the Angel's and the FBI?....together?

excuse me while I recover from these broken ribs from laughing so hard.

yes, the Angels(USA) volunteered to kill VC, but that was for show......no such thing as bad publicity.....and anyone who knows anything knows where the name came from.....and the FBI puts informant's around them, but to use them as assassins?......puhleeeeze.

and.......you imply the Bear or Skip Taylor, through laParra's book, had something to do with Wilson's death....but don't elaborate.....great, thanks..I'd suggest to you that his book was nothing but a money making venture by an old out of money has been...it needed something to sell it. Because as big as CH was then, by the '80's they were largely forgotten, except for afew people like me, lol...

and throw in some loopy ass timing with Janis to make it look spooky...

hey Sal.......JUNKIES DIE......it happens every day....

the whole Billy Cox thing is exactly what it was....someone "dosed" him....add in that BC wasn't some big entertainment guy....he went from being Jimi's bud in the Army to being the bass player in one of the biggest acts in Rock practically overnight.....he was just a bit nervous....throw in some bad acid, and....

Now, granted, you may have a point about Michael Jefferies.....he was a shifty sort who ripped Hendrix off for BIG bucks...Hendrix was done with him, and Jefferies saw his free ride leaving.....and from everything I've read, Monica Danneman was a very " disturbed" individual.....and very possesive of Jimi....there's your best path.....

I doubt Dolly Dagger had anything at all to do with anything.....it makes sense for Douglas to get her to London to get Jimi away from Ms. Danneman....Dolly's death wasn't so "mysterious".....again.... JUNKIES DIE...

I'm not even sure why the Billy Cox and Devon are in this tome......fluff.

could MJ have had Hendrix offed?......certainly.

could MD have killed him outta jealousy of losing her only hold on her 15 minutes?....sure.

but the Angel's?... the FBI?.....the Int'l Jewish Conspiracy.....(rolls eyes)

Tom

I read that Jimi died of pharmaceutical Darvon, or synthetic painkillers.

These large pills were meant to be split into four pieces by hand,

but Jimi misunderstood and ingested 16 regular doses.

When he was strapped into the gurney sitting up, he was condemned

to die, because he aspirated on his own vomit, being strapped in.

The negligence of the EMT's on that night is largely to blame,

and the circumstances of the OD and the ambulance run

gave rise to conspiracy theories (which may or may not have merit)

That is the story as I understood it from published material..

• 2 weeks later...

JIMI HENDRIX WAS NOT MURDERED. I WORKED WITH HIM IN THE CAFE WHA AND BEFORE HE WENT TO ENGLAND HE TOLD ME, WEBERMAN, I GOT SOME MONEY NOW AND I AM GOING TO TAKE EVERY DRUG THERE IS. HE LOVED TO GET HIGH, HE CHOKED ON HIS OWN VOMIT, I WARNED HIM TO BE MORE SELECTIVE. LIKE I KNEW A LOT OF THESE DRUGGIES, BEING A POT HEAD MYSELF.....

Mr. Weberman, please don't use caps. Reminds me of your days with the Rock Liberation Front (yes, I being so young know about it, I own a John Lennon encyclopedia by Bill Harry).

The problem about using caps is that it gives the impression you are being shouted at. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I find the accepted and traditional forms of presentation easier to read.

Guest Stephen Turner
Mr. Weberman, please don't use caps. Reminds me of your days with the Rock Liberation Front (yes, I being so young know about it, I own a John Lennon encyclopedia by Bill Harry).

OKAY I WONT USE CAPS

DO THAT AGAIN AND I'LL STICK A CAP UP YO A***

• 3 months later...
Tom

It was on Mandrax, the U.K.'s equivalent of Quaalude or Sopor. I was married to someone in the music business, at the time. But, more importantly before that, I had been a Playboy Bunny at the New York Club where I became roommates with my co-workers, Devon Wilson, and Michelle McKay Kellgren. This was around 1964-67. Devon ended up living with Jimi in 67', and Michelle, who's brother was Gary Kellgren, owner of The Record Plant Studios, maintained our close friendship throughout the late sixties, and early 70's, when Devon died of a "supposed" overdose, about a year after Michelle and I had re-located to L.A. in 1971. As a matter of fact, the day Jimi died in the early morning hours of September 18th, that evening Michelle showed up at my apartment in the Chatsworth which was located at 72nd Street and Riverside Drive, over by the Westside Highway. She had Jerry Stickles, Jimi's Road Manager, and and a couple of Jimi's roadies with her, and they proceeded to set up a base of operations at my aparment, being that Jimi's apartment on E. 11th St. in The Village was in utter chaos. It was Jerry who told us that Jimi had gone to one of his female acquaintance's apartment, and she had made him a tuna salad sandwich. He had gotten high on Mandrax and passed out for the night. Apparently, he had regurgitated his food during his sleep, but he and his friend were so drugged out that he wasn't able to awaken himself, nor was his friend able to arouse herself in order to turn him onto his side, which would have saved his life. So, he ended up aspirating the contents of his stomach into his lungs, which caused him to suffocate. As for Mike Jeffries, the crook who took advantage of Jimi's financial resources, and ended up bilking the Hendrix family out of much of the royalties that should have been forthcoming to them. Well, he ended up going down in a flaming aircrash. A fitting retribute, as it was rumored among the music business crowd in NYC, that Jeffries had Devon suicided by a forced overdose of heroin, supposedly because Jimi had named her as a beneficiary of either a life insurance policy, or in a hand-written will that Jeffries had destroyed shortly after Devon's death, and before his own ill-fated flight. That's the actual story as I remember it.

Michelle is still alive but I haven't spoken with her since 1983. We lost contact after I had re-married someone totally uninvolved with the music business, and moved out to Redlands, CA in 1982. Her brother, Gary died in a swimming pool accident at his home in the Hollywood Hills in August 1977. FWIW

• 1 month later...
Tom

It was on Mandrax, the U.K.'s equivalent of Quaalude or Sopor. I was married to someone in the music business, at the time. But, more importantly before that, I had been a Playboy Bunny at the New York Club where I became roommates with my co-workers, Devon Wilson, and Michelle McKay Kellgren. This was around 1964-67. Devon ended up living with Jimi in 67', and Michelle, who's brother was Gary Kellgren, owner of The Record Plant Studios, maintained our close friendship throughout the late sixties, and early 70's, when Devon died of a "supposed" overdose, about a year after Michelle and I had re-located to L.A. in 1971. As a matter of fact, the day Jimi died in the early morning hours of September 18th, that evening Michelle showed up at my apartment in the Chatsworth which was located at 72nd Street and Riverside Drive, over by the Westside Highway. She had Jerry Stickles, Jimi's Road Manager, and and a couple of Jimi's roadies with her, and they proceeded to set up a base of operations at my aparment, being that Jimi's apartment on E. 11th St. in The Village was in utter chaos. It was Jerry who told us that Jimi had gone to one of his female acquaintance's apartment, and she had made him a tuna salad sandwich. He had gotten high on Mandrax and passed out for the night. Apparently, he had regurgitated his food during his sleep, but he and his friend were so drugged out that he wasn't able to awaken himself, nor was his friend able to arouse herself in order to turn him onto his side, which would have saved his life. So, he ended up aspirating the contents of his stomach into his lungs, which caused him to suffocate. As for Mike Jeffries, the crook who took advantage of Jimi's financial resources, and ended up bilking the Hendrix family out of much of the royalties that should have been forthcoming to them. Well, he ended up going down in a flaming aircrash. A fitting retribute, as it was rumored among the music business crowd in NYC, that Jeffries had Devon suicided by a forced overdose of heroin, supposedly because Jimi had named her as a beneficiary of either a life insurance policy, or in a hand-written will that Jeffries had destroyed shortly after Devon's death, and before his own ill-fated flight. That's the actual story as I remember it.

Michelle is still alive but I haven't spoken with her since 1983. We lost contact after I had re-married someone totally uninvolved with the music business, and moved out to Redlands, CA in 1982. Her brother, Gary died in a swimming pool accident at his home in the Hollywood Hills in August 1977. FWIW