The Education Forum

Evidence of a 2nd invasion?

Steve Thomas

Is there any documented evidence or anything in writing that a second invasion of Cuba was being planned for the last week of November, 1963.

Dave Reitzes in the alt.assassination.jfk newsgroup on 12/16/99 that:

"Granted, the La Fontaines certainly THEORIZE otherwise. They note that the

DRE "happens to be the same virulently anti-Castro group known through

recently released FBI and CIA files to have been holding clandestine

meetings in Dallas only weeks before the assassination, seeking to set up

an armed invasion of Cuba in the last week of November 1963," (La

Fontaine, 7) and they speculate that "Oswald talked" at some of these

meetings -- actually addressed the group. (Ibid., 237-80) The Ibid he refers to is the book, "Oswald Taleked."

Let's suppose further that at this gathering Silvia found herself

listening with concern as the conversation took a slightly crazy turn.

President Kennedy was coming to town shortly, and the guys started

dwelling on how he needed to be killed, not only for his string of

"betrayals" beginning with the Bay of Pigs, but to precipitate a US

invasion of Cuba (the assassination would be pinned on Castro's agents). "

>> (Ibid., 261-2)

This reasoning makes a lot of sense to me, if we approach the problem from the perspective of the invasion being of primary importance and Kennedy's assassination being an afterthought., or a provocation. It reminds me of the Northwoods Project.

Steve Thomas

Is there any documented evidence or anything in writing that a second invasion of Cuba was being planned for the last week of November, 1963.

Okay, I think I've got my answer - sorta.

I believe that it was called Plan Omega.

Official History of

II Frente, Alpha 66, M.R.P.

June, 1965.

CUBAN INFORMATION ARCHIVES

http://cuban-exile.com/doc_351-375/doc0358.html

"With the unification of the three groups on May 19, 1963, all efforts were devoted solely to military preparation for Plan Omega. For over a year the organization devoted itself to raising funds establishing delegations, recruiting men and obtaining a secure base for training and operations. On September 17, 1963, Menoyo declared that he expected to be able to begin military operations in about six months. "

Steve Thomas

Very interesting, Steve.

In that September 1963 period, Eloy Menoyo was running a camp in the Everglades as well as another in the Keys. Money was supposedly supplied by Alpha 66 but some of it allegedly came via bagman Rolando Masferrer and originated with Carlos Marcello.

Also interesting to note is that Herminio Diaz Garcia defected in July of 1963 via Mexico City. He made his way to the States and ended up at Menoyo's camp. The head trainer was Vicente Mendez.

This image below shows Eloy Menoyo at the camp.

James

James,

In that September 1963 period, Eloy Menoyo was running a camp in the Everglades as well as another in the Keys.

A lot of people talk about Veciana as head of Alpha-66, but you don't hear much about Menoyo, which is interesting, because if I gather right, he was head of Alpha-66's military wing.

Steve Thomas

A lot of people talk about Veciana as head of Alpha-66, but you don't hear much about Menoyo, which is interesting, because if I gather right, he was head of Alpha-66's military wing. (Steve Thomas)

Hi Steve,

As an organization, Alpha 66 was pretty much based in militant ideals and they had many leaders who led insurgent teams into Cuba.

Menoyo was jailed in Cuba in 1965 and spent many years there. He was lucky not to be executed.

This image below is circa 1958 and shows from left to right, Nene Fraicais, Eloy Menoyo (standing), Jose Garcia (seated), Henry Fuerte and William Morgan.

James

James,

Do you remember which thread had the William Morgan material?

I would like to bring that up for review again.

He and Charles Rogers, if not involved in Dallas, certainly give us a sense of what was going on in the US paramilitary universe circa 1963...

Shanet

Thanks Tim,

That was really worth reading, I think a lot of that is in an old thread.

Wm Morgan personified the violent criminals that the CIA was engaging in the

early 1960's, and is typical also of the murky double agent themes....

While obviously he wasnt' at Dallas (he was Dead) I think he was typical of the people JC King, Howard Hunt and William Harvey were associating with during the domestic operations scandals of the early 1960's.

Your tax dollars at work............

The gentleman who wrote the article about William Morgan is a top-notch investigative journalist from the Tampa area who also wrote a lengthy two part article about the daeth of Frank Olsen. It is worth a read. You can find it by going to the web-site of the on-line crime magazine. I understand he is doing a book on the Frank Olsen matter.

The gentleman who wrote the article about William Morgan is a top-notch investigative journalist from the Tampa area who also wrote a lengthy two part article about the daeth of Frank Olsen. It is worth a read. You can find it by going to the web-site of the on-line crime magazine. I understand he is doing a book on the Frank Olsen matter.

Call me crazy, but an even-handed study of the history of these times shows just how brutal the Castro brothers were. Just how many people did the have put up against a wall and shot? That and an appreciation of a lot of anti-Castro Cubans that gave their lives for something that they believed in, many of them acting at the behalf of the US Government.

Here's what Loran Hall had to say about a "Second Invasion":

HSCA Testimony of Loran Hall. Pg. 60

Mr. Triplett. Just give us a very brief description of the purpose of the meeting and those people there.

Hr. Hall. We were wasting our time with the hit and run raids in Cuba. It was a waste of effort. We were losing too much equipment, too many boats to the Coast Guard, CIA, FBI, the whole stick. Not only did we have to worry about fighting the Cubans but we had to fight the American Government also. So rather than go through all that Logue and myself decided what we would try to do was form a government-in-exile, Cuban government-in-exile, try to get all the groups to come together under one group. In order to do that we had to have someone, some Cuban who would be accepted by all of the groups. That was my job in Dallas, I mean Miami. We tried to do that. We couldn’t get that accomplished. The groups wouldn’t agree to one president. So we decided what we would try to do was get $50,000 between Logue and his group, get enough equipment and enough boats so we could make our raid into Cuba, get boats from Cuba so we could have a line of logistics between the United States and Cuba, and in that way possibly we could have ---at a later date get someone who would be accepted by all the different groups, and if we could have gotten enough equipment and enough people involved was [sic] and could have formed a government-in-exile.

Mr. Triplett. So essentially are you saying this meeting was for the purpose of raising money to accomplish this task?

Mr. Hall. Yes.

Mr. Triplett. And your role in the meeting, you, Loran Hall, were there sort of as a promoter or the person to explain it. Is this what your purpose was for being there?

Mr. Hall. I think it was. I was there mostly because I was you might say the military part of the operation.

Mr. Triplett. At that meeting was a comment made regarding the killing of President Kennedy?

Mr. Hall. Yes, there was.

Mr. Triplett. Which one of these persons that you have described made the comment?

Mr. Hall. The man by the name of Jack that owned the trucking company.

Mr. Triplett. What exactly did Jack say and do?

Mr. Hall. What we were saying, was between the five of them, they could come up with $10,000 apiece, come up with $50,000, that would be enough money to get us started. And Jack jumped up, or whatever his name was, jumped up and threw either his billfold or checkbook or something on the table and said, xxxx, I will put $50,000 in right now if the rest of you will match it, and we will have Kennedy’s head blowed off because with Johnson in as President, he is a Texan and Texans take care of Texans.

[…..]

pg 83.

Mr. Triplett. What was your purpose for being in Dallas at that time? [March, 1963]

Mr. Hall. That is when I went to, I think that was the time that I went to Dallas, Texas to see Lester Logue concerning forming a government-in-exile, a Cuban government-in-exile, at which time he agreed that it would be a avenue that would be worth looking into, at which time he got me a ticket and I flew back to Miami and I started pursuing that avenue.

[…]

Mr. Triplett. What were you doing during the daytime?

Mr. Hall. Contacting various people, trying to make contact for equipment. Lester Logue, I went and seen Niko [Crespi] several times and I think on one occasion Dan Smoot, and I seen Robert Morris, and I went to the newspaper place and talked to “Poor Richard” or whatever his pen name was.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Weisberg interview of Hall Feb 1968.

Hall. [describing his two Cuban friends in Dallas. ] I remember one of them was kind of stout, real stout built and about, oh, I would say he was about 5’10” or 5’11”. – and the other one was short, he was probably 5’6”, small in stature and I know his dad owned a

Sugar plantation in Mexicalli.

[…]

Weisberg. Yeah.

Hall. And I went to see Keating [senator Keating], because I had sent Keating, that never did show – never came through because he never said a word about it.

Weisberg. Incidentally, and you may not want to talk about this it’s just curiosity, nothing directly to do with this- do you have any idea who was feeding Keating the stuff on the Cuban missile crisis?

Hall. Oh I have , I have a good idea who it was, I ah, I ah, don’t know for sure but I have a good idea – it was the CIA.

Pg 46.

Hall. Well, wait just a minute, it does in a way because we had talked, to uh, Duncan [Tom Duncan] and some of the other guys about going in and pulling a raid in Georgia out at Fort Benning where they carry all the , uh…

Weisberg. You mean to get some equipment.

Hall. Yeah, you know, you know, this is standard procedure, steal Army equipment. Hell, they’ve got it and we want it.

Weisberg. Well, there is reason to believe that it happened down in Texas.

Hall. Oh, we know it did.

Weisberg. Really?

Hall. Oh –haha.

Weisberg. Really know it happened, or is all you have is rumor.

Hall. We know..(laughter)

Weisberg. Care to tell me about it?

Hall. No, I don’t want to..

Weisberg. You know there were people involved…

Hall. I know quite a few people involved.

Weisberg. Did that stuff really get out?

Hall. Damn right it did.

Weisberg. Didn’t have anything to do with getting your boats in Dallas did it?

Hall. I’m not saying a word. (laughter) No, I can tell you that there was 250 VARS [sic] that got out.

[…]

Hall. They went to Majaris, from Majaris right, right into Cuba and they went to Oriente.

[…]

Hall. Yeah, do you know where Majaris Island is at?…Well it’s off Yucatan…there is an island called Majaris.

[..] pg 73

Hall. …We had a hell of a deal set up – we were going to take all the, uh, we were going to take Prio Socarres to Guatemala and we were going to invade Cuba from Guatemala into Oriente, set up a 24 hour holding period and ask the United Nations to come in and help us and we were going to do this and Prio Soccares got…Yeah, and do you know what. The dirty lousy son of a bitch wouldn’t do it. Prio Soccares flat turned me down and I had the money, I had the ground and I had everything set up.

Weisberg. Did you have an army?

Hall. You bet.