The Education Forum

Operation on the Knoll - Theory

Lee,

I was very impressed by your piece on the Graphics processes

and software you use on the photographs which are certainly yielding results.

May I recommend a few  Graphics programmes you could try?

Have you heard of a programme called  'The Gimp'?

The Gimp or simply Gimp is an open source piece of

software and is totally free.

Some say it's even better than PhotoShop.

You can download The Gimp Version 1.2.5 and

the file gtk+-1.3.0-20030717-setup-1

at:

http://www.gimp.org

Gimp has its own set of filters - some not found in PhotoShop.

Also  you can download a little Gimp addon pspi.exe this allows you

to use PhotoShop plugin filters in The Gimp. although I have been unable

to get this to work.

If you install Gimp make sure your screen resolution is set correctly.

True Color (24 bit) at Screen 800 x 600 pixels works for me.

Another one you could try is Bworks at:

http://www.mediachance.com.

There are a few other tools at this site too which are very good.

This too is free and gives amazing results.I have used both programmes on 

the Willis BDM and Moorman Badgeman photos and have got great results.

Both programmes run on windows.

EBC

Eugene,

Sorry if I came off wrong before. I really mean it when I say I'd like your help. I've been working on the knoll for quite some time, and I believe I can show you some interesting things - bear with me.

I have never heard of these tools and I may soon be deeply in your debt. I migrated to a new pc - not what I wanted, but what I could afford - my 'old' one was new only 3 years ago - and it doesn't pack a punch [Windows Millenium also] However, I spent $50US on the latest version of ArcSoft's PhotoImpression - absolute rubbish. Garbage for making greeting cards. I wasn't able to reload my Adobe program, and they want $650US for a new copy. I have been using a jump drive to save files, move them to the old machine, perform some enhancements, and then jump them back. I plan to sell the old one to a friend, who has already begun bothering me for it. I need a very good program to work with, and at the moment am just frustrated. I've been working with photoshop programs and graphics type programs since 1993 - so I'm accustomed to having to relearn everything for the sake of the latest and greatest.

Thanks very much for the info - I will give it a try.

In terms of the knoll stuff, I have quite a bit of material that I haven't shown yet, and have been diligently working to acquire some of the 'as yet unpublished stuff.' But I hope that we can still work together despite a difference of opinion on the construct? I will, of course, continue to provide what data I can to support it.

Here's an interesting photo, which I would really like to timestamp - I'm sure you have seen it before, and there's quite a lot to look at.

- There's what appear to be 3 individuals behind the fence at left.

- 'Hammerman' is in the foreground. He was working nearby and came over to see what was going on - decided to carry his hammer with him in case there was something to nail I guess.

- Why are the people gathered in the street at that location? Is there something in the street?

- In the background, to our right, at the edge of the wall, we have what appears to be 2 individuals [using the shadow :( ) - a man and a woman. Maybe of no consequence [save for his baggy pants which look like the man in the red shirt who was standing on the stairs earlier], but they seem to be in fairly close proximity to the man standing behind the wall, who has on an interesting hat.

- If you focus in on him, is there more than one person? Is the man with the hat standing behind someone? Someone with a camera?

- The small crowd in the background is interesting - but again, I don't know that it has any bearing. One man can be seen pointing towards the TSBD. Is he pointing at something he is seeing at the time the photo was taken?

- The fenceline, when enhanced, appears crooked. Why is that?

- At the corner of the fence there appears to be an object of some kind. Is it a person? What would a person be doing sitting in the grass there?

Many questions.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great photo.

It shows the [offensive tactical salient] the EMMETT HUDSON POSITION,

from JFK's point of view.

The stairs leading back to the wall, the fence, the parking lot, are clearly shown.

There are about thirty five people in this photo, with 25 clustered on the curb.

This is a school group, apparently, numerous adolescents, Hammerman and two older men in suits. Two confident striders walk up toward the UM/DCM position.

Five or six people are clustered at the bloodstain/Nix gunman position between the retaining wall and the fence. Two people are at the Coca-Cola bottle/BDM position.

The shade was not that impenetrable, and the other photos can be compared to this shot for the light levels up under the trees.

This is the type of cluster one would expect at the sight, if JFK skull and bone material blew front to back, off the trunk lid and into the street, to be discovered here.... this is the immediate aftermath, maybe two to four minutes after?

Can we get a better look at the Hammerman or the men behind him?

Shanet,

As per your request.

James,

I think it was Jack White who said Hammerman was not Brehm, but a construction worker from a nearby site? I think I have a comparison someplace of Hammerman and Brehm. Maybe I'll work up a new one - faster that way!

- lee

Lee:

Jack is correct it is not Brehm, it is a construction worker....If you check

Brehm's clothing in other photos, it is not him...he is wearing a zippered up jacket ..and dark pants...and went no where without his five year old son, Joe..

This is an Allen photo, he and Murray were there during the aftermath..

Murray took seven photos, his last shows the clock at 12.39pm, in one of the photos that shows the FBI picking up the said bullet at the sewer hit site, along with the Dectective and DPD...in this particular photo you also see this man,

starting to walk across the street, this was Murray's last photo, then Allen took

the one you have shown....with him approaching the South side....

See "POTP" Trask page 499..

B

Edited by Bernice Moore

Lee:

Jack is correct it is not Brehm, it is a construction worker....If you check

Brehm's clothing in other photos, it is not him...he is wearing a zippered up jacket ..and dark pants...and went no where without his five year old son, Joe..

This is an Allen photo, he and Murray were there during the aftermath..

Murray took seven photos, his last shows the clock at 12.39pm, in one of the  photos that shows the FBI picking up the said bullet at the sewer hit site, along with the Dectective and DPD...in this particular photo you also see this man,

starting to walk across the street, this was Murray's last photo, then Allen took

the one you have shown....with him approaching the South side....

B

Lee and Bernice,

Thanks for that. I really need to brush up on who was who amongst the witnesses.

James

Lee and Bernice,

Thanks for that. I really need to brush up on who was who amongst the witnesses.

James

You and me both James!

Leave it to Bernice to set the record straight! :D Thanks Bernice!

Here's something I never saw before - is it just a shadow? In front of the fence to our left. And is that 3 individuals behind the fence?

I have been giving Culligan a lot of thought. He says, among other things, that the shooter and spotter would have been provided with 10 individuals to create a diversion, and draw off the attention of any DPD or SS. The knoll seems to have more than 10. I also wonder about the use of cameras for camoflauge, possible disguises like workman, railroad workers, plumbers, business men, etc. There were also 'Drivers' assigned, per Culligan. The drivers job was to drop off the shooter and also get him the hell out of Dodge. The Julia Mercer story is interesting, as Culligan's tale seems to imply that Ruby's job was the knoll shooter's driver. If there were 2 shooters in this location - as I believe there were - one behind the retaining wall and one elsewhere -- who was the other driver? Maybe it was that guy James Sutton, who wants to elevate his incarcerated status by claiming the prestige of having been the shooter? Maybe he was there - as a lowly driver, and that's him we see behind the fence with his stupid hat. :(

- lee

Robin,

Unless the fenceline was different in 1963, something is not quite right :rolleyes:

Best view I could find.

- lee

http://www.geocities.com/quaneeri3/bench.jpg

The old steam pipe near the underpass.

http://www.geocities.com/quaneeri3/steampipe.jpg

Robin,

Many that questioned Gordon Arnold's presence referenced his TMWKK interview, in which he claimed he placed one leg over the steampipe. It was suggested that this pipe was quite hot, and the Gordon would have burned himself. Here is a photo of the end of the pipe - well insulated, as per your other 2 photos. Poor Marguerite searching Dealey Plaza for clues to vindicate her son :plane

- lee

Robin,

Unless the fenceline was different in 1963, something is not quite right :rolleyes:

Best view I could find.

- lee

http://www.geocities.com/quaneeri3/bench.jpg

The old steam pipe near the underpass.

http://www.geocities.com/quaneeri3/steampipe.jpg

Robin,

Many that questioned Gordon Arnold's presence referenced his TMWKK interview, in which he claimed he placed one leg over the steampipe. It was suggested that this pipe was quite hot, and the Gordon would have burned himself. Here is a photo of the end of the pipe - well insulated, as per your other 2 photos. Poor Marguerite searching Dealey Plaza for clues to vindicate her son :plane

- lee

Great Image Lee:

I had never seen that before.

I don't give much creedence to the Gordon Arnold story.

On don's site he does a good job of questioning the validity of the arnold story.

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/addi...noldCLAIMS.html

Edited by Robin Unger

Great Image Lee:

I had never seen that before.

I don't give much creedence to the Gordon Arnold  story.

On don's site he does a good job of dis-crediting the arnold story.

Yep,

There was a young man that sought access to the underpass and was refused and turned away. GA never came forward voluntarily, he relayed his amazing story to someone during Jury Duty, I believe?

I still believe it was quite feasible. The butt kicking incident could have taken place behind the cover of the retaining wall. Plenty of discrepancies in his story over time - it's true. But IMO, it's a tough sell to use the altered record to prove or disprove something.

I can show you Gordon Arnold possibles in enhancements - but it's fairly moot without him being alive to interview again [died in 1997], and using jpegs doesn't help either. I believe Don tried to find his Military records to at least provide some credibility to his having served in Alaska, but came up empty handed? I couldn't get his death record - have to be a relative. Never managed to locate his obit after internet searches for many days.

I haven't completely given up on the GA story.

It's my fear that a film will emerge one day which shows something much more in line with eye-witness accounts - Kennedy being thrown violently forward, the limo grinding to a halt, Kennedy being slammed to his left as if he were hit by a baseball bat, - and you'll find a large group of people stating that the film must be a phony, because that is not what we see occurring in the Zapruder film. :rolleyes:

- lee