The Education Forum

A Sixth Floor Shooter per Hemming

Mark Howell and I published an article in today's Solares Hill (Key West Citizen) re Gerry Hemming's recent disclosures to us. As soon as I obtain a Word-compatible copy of the article, I will post it here.

For now, I want to summarize part of the article, re GPH's understanding of a shooter on the 6th floor of the TSBD. I will include one disclosure he made that we chose not to print.

I am sure mbers will find it interesting and of course I invite your comments.

As you know, Gerry was in contact with the intelligence agencies of several right-wing Central American countries.

He states that one of these agencies had a tape recording of a German-speaking man who shot from the sixth floor of the TSBD. I do not believe Gerry actually heard the recording but its content was relayed to him by a source in that agency. (He can correct me if I am wrong.)

He states this man was shooting not from the sniper's next on the SE end of the sixth floor of the TSBD but from the window on the west end of the sixth floor.

He also states (this is the part we decided not to put in the newspaper) that this German-speaking man had no interest in killing Kennedy. He had a contract to kill Connally, and he was shooting at Connally. GPH states that Connally may have been hit in the front by this man as Connally turned toward JFK after he heard the first shot.

Larry Hancock was kind enough to check his photographic records of the assassination and he states that by this time indeed Connally had turned far enough around that he COULD have been hit in the front if the trajectory was from the west end of the TSBD. Larry also tells me that photos show that the window on the west end of the sixth floor was open. Larry also says there is a photo of one or more witnesses on the grassy knoll who are pointing toward the west end of the TSBD, not toward the "sniper's nest".

GPH says he tried to convince Stone to show a shot from the west end window of the TSBD in "JFK" butt Stone was not interested in doing so, for whatever reason.

GPH states this German-speaking sixth floor shooter was using a broom-handled mauser with a long-barrel, a telescopic sight and a silencer. He states that it was the same type of weapon the George Kennedy character used to shoot at the Clint Eastwood character in the movie "Thunderfoot and Lighting", if anyone has a copy of that movie.

An obvious question arises. Presumably someone was framing LHO as a sixth floor shooter, e.g. leaving the "Oswald rifle" hidden on the sixth floor. Why then the silencer? And since some witnesses heard shots from the sixth floor were there two shooters on the sixth floor, one shooting at JFK and one shooting at Connally?

A separate Connally shooter, as improbable as it may appear at first blush, may resolve the issue of Connally's wounds. And if the sniper on the west end was shooting at Kennedy but hit Connally by mistake, he was, for a professional killer, a phenomenally poor shot.

Well, this ought to generate some discussion, I'm sure!

Edited by Tim Gratz

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim,

Why would anyone want to shoot Connelly?

Mark Howell and I published an article in today's Solares Hill (Key West Citizen) re Gerry Hemming's recent disclosures to us.  As soon as I obtain a Word-compatible copy of the article, I will post it here.

For now, I want to summarize part of the article, re GPH's understanding of a shooter on the 6th floor of the TSBD.  I will include one disclosure he made that we chose not to print.

I am sure mbers will find it interesting and  of course I invite your comments.

As you know, Gerry was in contact with the intelligence agencies of several right-wing Central American countries.

He states that one of these agencies had a tape recording of a German-speaking man who shot from the sixth floor of the TSBD.  I do not believe Gerry actually heard the recording but its content was relayed to him by a source in that agency.  (He can correct me if I am wrong.)

He states this man was shooting not from the sniper's next on the SE end of the sixth floor of the TSBD but from the window on the west end of the sixth floor.

He also states (this is the part we decided not to put in the newspaper) that this German-speaking man had no interest in killing Kennedy.  He had a contract to kill Connally, and he was shooting at Connally.  GPH states that Connally may have been hit in the front by this man as Connally turned toward JFK after he heard the first shot.

Larry Hancock was kind enough to check his photographic records of the assassination and he states that by this time indeed Connally had turned far enough around that he COULD have been hit in the front if the trajectory was from the west end of the TSBD.  Larry also tells me that photos show that the window on the west end of the sixth floor was open.  Larry also says there is a photo of one or more witnesses on the grassy knoll who are pointing toward the west end of the TSBD, not toward the "sniper's nest".

GPH says he tried to convince Stone to show a shot from the west end window of the TSBD in "JFK" butt Stone was not interested in doing so, for whatever reason.

GPH states this German-speaking sixth floor shooter was using a broom-handled mauser with a long-barrel, a telescopic sight and a silencer.  He states that it was the same type of weapon the George Kennedy character used to shoot at the Clint Eastwood character in the movie "Thunderfoot and Lighting", if anyone has a copy of that movie.

An obvious question arises.  Presumably someone was framing LHO as a sixth floor shooter, e.g. leaving the "Oswald rifle" hidden on the sixth floor.  Why then the silencer?  And since some witnesses heard shots from the sixth floor were there two shooters on the sixth floor, one shooting at JFK and one shooting at Connally?

A separate Connally shooter, as improbable as it may appear at first blush, may resolve the issue of Connally's wounds.  And if the sniper on the west end was shooting at Kennedy but hit Connally by mistake, he was, for a professional killer, a phenomenally poor shot.

I discussed that with GPH. He did not know for sure but thought it might be because of Connally's knowledge of the scandals being investigated in Washington.

Of course, since Gerry acknowledges this information is "second-hand" it is possible the information is either incorrect or only partly incorrect.

Using a silencer at the west window would make sense if there was also a shooter (without a silencer) at the sniper's nest window (to frame Oswald), and there was according to three witnesses (Euins, Worrell, and Brennan).

Ron

Tim,

Great stuff! Nice work!

West window makes a lot of sense. Roy mentioned the Stone thing in the Twymann interview.

1. Groden's KOAP makes for a shot to Connally from the West window in the back.

2. He also has West window for the shot which struck Connally's wrist [the one that no one was permitted to remove from his thigh, even after he was dead].

I believe Groden relies upon his expertise with the Zapruder film to make these first 2 assumptions.

3. The miss which left a striation on the concrete by the manhole cover, which provided a clear indicator.

So if Groden is correct, we've got 2 shots striking Connally fired from the same window, and no one's wiser as to the miss. Maybe it was supposed to be meant for Connally, but it wasn't taken the last moment, as he was resting in his wife's arms, and would have presented the challenge of potentially killing a woman.

The back front thing is still confusing. The trajectory is odd, and the medical said back entry. Connally said back entry. LBJ taped discussion said chest entry. See attached for an interesting view of the angle the bullet took.

FYI, I'm thinking again. Starting to believe that the smoke on the knoll and the shot from behind the fence was a diversion. I'm starting to think that the real shooter in this area was equipped with a silencer as well. Still needs work, but fits in with the other scenario, and works well with that whole 'How many shots did you hear?' routine.

- lee

Lee, thanks for that post.

I too had wondered whether the shot from the knoll was a diversion.

I rely on your expertise and Larry's that a trajectory from the TSBD sixth floor west window to Connally makes sense.

Many people have wondered whether all Connally's wounds could have come from a single bullet, even if it was not a bullet that first hit the president. I think GPH had suggested two shots to Connally.

If Connally was hit twice, it tends to confirm that, as GPH states, someone was aiming at him. The question would be why the shooter wound stop without an obviously fatal head shot, but then with a chest shot it seems miraculous that Connally was not fatally wounded.

As they say, the plot thickens!

Pardon.

Corrections:

3. The miss which left a striation on the sidewalk, which provided a clear indicator.

The concrete at the manhole cover was believed to be another miss.

Groden has Connally chronologically as shots 3 and 6. He estimates that shot 3 occurred when the Lincoln was just past the Stemmons sign [seen in Zapruder] He has shot 6 almost at the location of the stairs. He registers the miss in-between, but has it sketched at about 15 feet beyond the Stemmons sign. No worries about hitting Mrs Connally at that point.

- lee

Maybe they wanted to kill Connally too because he knew too much and wouldn't think it was funny when the shooting of JFK took place in Dealey Plaza, with Connally and his wife in the car, instead of the Trade Mart with the Connallys out of harm's way. Dead men don't hold grudges.

Ron

Tim,

I think Gerry meant 'Thunderbolt and Lightfoot.' George Kennedy plays the part of 'Red Leary.' I don't recall the part Gerry refers to - only the scene with the rabbits.

Perhaps the attached is the Mauser broomhandle Gerry is referring to - quick internet search. If it is, it's understandable how it could have been confused with a Mannlicher Carcano. :)

- lee

CLINT EASTWOOD FILMOGRAPHY

Million Dollar Baby (2004)

Inside The Actors' Studio (TV series, one episode, as himself) (2003)

Blood Work (2002)

America: A Tribute To Heroes (TV, as himself) (2001)

Space Cowboys (2000)

True Crime (1999)

Junket Whore (as himself) (1998)

Absolute Power (1997)

The Bridges Of Madison County (1995)

Don't Pave Main Street: Carmel's Heritage (TV, narrator) (1994)

A Perfect World (1993)

In The Line Of Fire (1993)

Unforgiven (1992)

The Rookie (1990)

White Hunter, Black Heart (1990)

Pink Cadillac (1989)

The Dead Pool (1988)

Heartbreak Ridge (1986)

Pale Rider (1985)

Amazing Stories (TV series, one episode) (1985)

City Heat (1984)

Tightrope (1984)

Sudden Impact (1983)

Honkytonk Man (1982)

Firefox (1982)

Any Which Way You Can (1980)

Bronco Billy (1980)

Escape From Alcatraz (1979)

Every Which Way But Loose (1978)

The Gauntlet (1977)

The Enforcer (1976)

The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976)

The Eiger Sanction (1975)

Thunderbolt And Lightfoot (1974)

Magnum Force (1973)

High Plains Drifter (1972)

Joe Kidd (1972)

Dirty Harry (1971)

Play Misty For Me (1971)

The Beguiled (1971)

Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Two Mules For Sister Sara (1969)

Paint Your Wagon (1969)

Where Eagles Dare (1968)

Coogan's Bluff (1968)

Hang 'Em High (1968)

Le Streghe (1966)

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly (1966)

For A Few Dollars More (1965)

A Fistful Of Dollars (1964)

Mr Ed (TV series, one episode) (1962)

Maverick (TV series, one episode) (1959)

Rawhide (TV series) (1959-1966)

Highway Patrol (TV series, one episode) (1958)

Ambush At Cimarron Pass (1958)

Lafayette Escadrille (1958)

Escapade In Japan (1957)

West Point (TV series, one episode) (1957)

Away All Boats (1956)

The First Travelling Saleslady (1956)

Star In The Dust (1956)

Death Valley Days (TV series, one episode) (1956)

Never Say Goodbye (1956)

Tarantula (1955)

Lady Godiva (1955)

Francis In The Navy (1955)

Revenge Of The Creature (1955)

West window?.....no problem.

9mm C-96?......problem.

Look, it's a sexy handgun and all.....but I doubt it would be the weapon of choice for that shot......jmo.

West window?.....no problem.

9mm C-96?......problem.

Look, it's a sexy handgun and all.....but I doubt it would be the weapon of choice for that shot......jmo.

Tom,

I'm not the man when it comes to weapons.

Hemming has stated before [on Weberman's nodule] that sabots may have been employed to increase velocity - any bearing here?

The other thing I was thinking was in reference to your comment - 'handgun.' Meaning that the 'broom' handle detaches, so that the weapon could be easily broken down and concealed?

Just thinking out loud - What do you think?

- lee

I remember reading somewhere about a European, he may have been German, who was asked by some researcher or writer if he was involved in the assassination. He laughed and said to make sure that his name was spelled right. Does anyone else remember this?

It may or may not relate to Hemming's German-speaking shooter, but it's one of those things that can drive you crazy trying to remember where you saw or heard it.

Ron

Lee.....yes, the stock detaches fairly quickly.....someone with experience could possibly detach the barrel rapidly as well.

while I'm certainly not in the ex-military expert class, I've been fortunate with knowing people with classic weapons over the years....it just seems to me that are many "better" choices.....not too many of those broomhandle Mauser's w/ 18 inch barrels around, even after WW2...

my problem is with the 9mm aspect.....certainly not a guaranteed kill.

this is just my opinion, and I would certainly defer to John Ritchson or Al Carrier in this case.

keep up the good work, T.

Mark Howell and I published an article in today's Solares Hill (Key West Citizen) re Gerry Hemming's recent disclosures to us.  As soon as I obtain a Word-compatible copy of the article, I will post it here.

For now, I want to summarize part of the article, re GPH's understanding of a shooter on the 6th floor of the TSBD.  I will include one disclosure he made that we chose not to print.

I am sure mbers will find it interesting and  of course I invite your comments.

He states that one of these agencies had a tape recording of a German-speaking man who shot from the sixth floor of the TSBD.  I do not believe Gerry actually heard the recording but its content was relayed to him by a source in that agency.  (He can correct me if I am wrong.)

He also states (this is the part we decided not to put in the newspaper) that this German-speaking man had no interest in killing Kennedy.  He had a contract to kill Connally, and he was shooting at Connally.  GPH states that Connally may have been hit in the front by this man as Connally turned toward JFK after he heard the first shot.

Larry Hancock was kind enough to check his photographic records of the assassination and he states that by this time indeed Connally had turned far enough around that he COULD have been hit in the front if the trajectory was from the west end of the TSBD.  Larry also tells me that photos show that the window on the west end of the sixth floor was open.  Larry also says there is a photo of one or more witnesses on the grassy knoll who are pointing toward the west end of the TSBD, not toward the "sniper's nest".

GPH states this German-speaking sixth floor shooter was using a broom-handled mauser with a long-barrel, a telescopic sight and a silencer.  He states that it was the same type of weapon the George Kennedy character used to shoot at the Clint Eastwood character in the movie "Thunderfoot and Lighting", if anyone has a copy of that movie.

An obvious question arises.  Presumably someone was framing LHO as a sixth floor shooter, e.g. leaving the "Oswald rifle" hidden on the sixth floor.  Why then the silencer?  And since some witnesses heard shots from the sixth floor were there two shooters on the sixth floor, one shooting at JFK and one shooting at Connally?

A separate Connally shooter, as improbable as it may appear at first blush, may resolve the issue of Connally's wounds.  And if the sniper on the west end was shooting at Kennedy but hit Connally by mistake, he was, for a professional killer, a phenomenally poor shot.

Tim and all,

Interestingly, and possibly another twist is that the Harper fragment was found in a direct line with the west end TSBD windows ( as per Don's map).

GPH isn't suggesting there was another "Appointment in Dallas " ? ( grin )

Ian

Maybe they wanted to kill Connally too because he knew too much and wouldn't think it was funny when the shooting of JFK took place in Dealey Plaza, with Connally and his wife in the car, instead of the Trade Mart with the Connallys out of harm's way. Dead men don't hold grudges.

I have grave doubts about this theory but if it is true, Ron's reasons make sense. If LBJ or the Suite 8F Group were involved in the assassination (as I believe they were) then Connally would have been one of the few who knew where all the bodies were buried. He would have been very unhappy that he had been sitting next to JFK when it happened. We know, for example, that he did not go along completely with the Warren Commission view of events.

If a German was involved I would suggest researchers take a look at Gerry Droller (not his real name). He was born in Germany in about 1905. Not a great deal is known about his early life but during the Second World War he worked closely with the Office of Strategic Services (OSS) and the Marquis in France.

After the war Droller was recruited into the Central Intelligence Agency and for a while was a desk officer in Switzerland. According to one report, Droller "was responsible for the reorganization of West Germany and the consequent strengthening of German-American relations". Later he was transferred to Formosa where he helped Chiang Kai-Shek "organize his government and army".

In 1954 Droller took part in the successful CIA operation to overthrow Jacobo Arbenz in Guatemala. Others involved in this project included Frank Wisner, Richard Bissell, Tracy Barnes, E. Howard Hunt, David Atlee Phillips, David Morales, Jake Esterline, Rip Robertson and William Pawley.

In June 1960, Droller was sent to Miami in order to help overthrow the government of Fidel Castro in Cuba. Adopting the name, Frank Bender, he posed as a wealthy steel tycoon. According to one report Bender was given the "task of binding together a few of the most eligible anti-Castro groups into an organization that could not only oppose Castro politically, but count on a strong nucleus of trained guerrillas for active opposition and sabotage."

Droller was also involved in the Bay of Pigs operation. Once again he worked closely with E. Howard Hunt. According to Jake Esterline, Droller and Hunt were brought in to "handle the political aspects of the operation". Manuel Artime met Droller in the summer of 1960. At the time he was using the name "Frank Bender" and had adopted the role of a Steel tycoon based in Miami. Droller told Artime: "I have nothing to do with the United States government. I am working for a powerful company that wants to fight communism."

Jake Esterline accused Droller as being "insanely ambitious". Another CIA agent described him in 1960 as "a man in his fifties, perhaps 185 pounds, of medium build" who "smoked a pipe, wore glasses, was well mannered and displayed a good knowledge of history". He seems to have disappeared after the assassination of JFK.

Maybe it is worth asking Gerry Hemming what he knows about Gerry Droller/Frank Bender?

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKdroller.htm