The Education Forum

Furrows in the grass

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is this cop pointing to the west side of the TSBD in relation the the furrow made in the grass by a bullit strike.

Were the furrows in the grass made by shots coming from the area near the grassy knoll.

http://www.geocities.com/quaneeri3/babushkagrass.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger

According to Gerry Hemming the shooter in the TSBD was firing from the west end window of the sixth floor of the TSBD. According to the Twyman interview with Ray Hargraves in Larry's "Someone Would Have Talked" Hargraves, who like Hemmings was a consultant to Stone on "JFK" both Hargraves and Hemming tried unsuccessfully to have Stone show a shot from that window.

A good photo, Robin!

According to Gerry Hemming the shooter in the TSBD was firing from the west end window of the sixth floor of the TSBD.  According to the Twyman interview with Ray Hargraves in Larry's "Someone Would Have Talked" Hargraves, who like Hemmings was a consultant to Stone on "JFK" both Hargraves and Hemming tried unsuccessfully to have Stone show a shot from that window.

A good photo, Robin!

Thanks Tim.

The more i think about this west window shooter, the more i am starting to convince myself, that there may be some substance to the idea.

Before I published Hemming's statement in the newspaper, Larry Hancock was kind enough to review Dealey Plaza and motorcade photographs and he told me that a trajectory from the 6th floor west end window did make sense. He also advised me of the photo you posted here, of a police officer pointing to the west window immediately after the shots.

So I believe Gerry might be correct about some of the shots coming from that window.

Thanks for your contributions, Robin!

Is it too much to hope that someone can identify the officer?

Edited by Tim Gratz

Before I published Hemming's statement in the newspaper, Larry Hancock was kind enough to review Dealey Plaza and motorcade photographs and he told me that a trajectory from the 6th floor west end window did make sense.  He also advised me of the photo you posted here, of a police officer pointing to the west window immediately after the shots.

So I believe Gerry might be correct about some of the shots coming from that window.

Thanks for your contributions, Robin!

Is it too much to hope that someone can identify the officer?

Thanks for the comments Tim.

I will try and identify the cops.

http://www.geocities.com/quaneeri3/6526.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/quaneeri3/murray118.jpg

Edited by Robin Unger

Guest Stephen Turner
According to Gerry Hemming the shooter in the TSBD was firing from the west end window of the sixth floor of the TSBD.  According to the Twyman interview with Ray Hargraves in Larry's "Someone Would Have Talked" Hargraves, who like Hemmings was a consultant to Stone on "JFK" both Hargraves and Hemming tried unsuccessfully to have Stone show a shot from that window.

A good photo, Robin!

Thanks Tim.

The more i think about this west window shooter, the more i am starting to convince myself, that there may be some substance to the idea.

The Dillard photograph is interesting in regards to this. Dillard was in

camera car three as he took the picture,onlythree seconds after the last

shot. in this one picture you can see which windows were open,& which

were closed at that time.

The photo was then enlarged,& severly cropped by the W/C. the negative

along with enhancement portions, leading to the west side of the building

simply vanished.

To save everyone time, the officer in question is J.D. Foster. Foster was one

of the to officers stationed on top of the overpass and ran down from that position onto the "infield" between the two streets.

Foster did report on what was observed down in that area and describes calling

for the CSI unit to make a check. The unit apparently did as there is

at least one surviving photo from that area showing a view back twoards

the TSBD with what appears to be a forensics kit in the foreground, however I don't know of anyone who has managed to trace any report on their findings or observations (makes one recal the list made of the individuals in the Texas Theatre at the time of Oswald's capture). I put the photo on page 506 of November Patriots.

Those interested should check Fosters statements plus those of the Hartman's, a married couple who described a track through the ground/grass. I talked with Mr. Hartman's son a few years ago and he related that his father was totally convinced that there had been a bullet strike in the area.

A good photo, Robin!

Thanks Tim.

The Dillard photograph is interesting in regards to this. Dillard was in

camera car three as he took the picture,onlythree seconds after the last

shot. in this one picture you can see which windows were open,& which

were closed at that time.

The photo was then enlarged,& severly cropped by the W/C. the negative

along with enhancement portions, leading to the west side of the building

simply vanished.

Steven.

Yes you are correct, IMO the Dillard image was intentionally cropped to obscure the view of the windows on the west side.

Arnold Rowland.

In his WC and FBI statements, he says that he saw a man in the far west window on the sixth floor at 12:15 pm standing about 10 feet back from the window holding a high powered rifle with a scope attached.

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk...Vol12_0005a.htm

Guest Stephen Turner

For more on this may I recomend Don Roberdeau's

Excellent "Rosemary Willis headsnap at Z-214. "this is on the seminar

threads.

To save everyone time,  the officer in question is J.D. Foster.  Foster was one

of the to officers stationed on top of the overpass and ran down from that position onto the "infield" between the two streets.

Foster did report on what was observed down in that area and describes calling

for the CSI unit to make a check.  The unit apparently did as there is

at least one surviving photo from that area showing a view back twoards

the TSBD with what appears to be a forensics kit in the foreground,  however I don't know of anyone who has managed to trace any report on their findings or observations (makes one recal the list made of the individuals in  the Texas Theatre at the time of Oswald's capture).  I put the photo on page 506 of November Patriots. 

Those interested should check Fosters statements plus those of the Hartman's,  a married couple who described a track through the ground/grass.  I talked with Mr. Hartman's son a few years ago and he related that his father was totally convinced that there had been a bullet strike in the area.

Thanks Larry.

That saved me a lot of time searching the archives.

Hey Robin!

Aside from the furrows in the grass...

- Strike to the sidewalk on the north side of Elm [can be seen in KOAP]

- Strike to Elm Street pavement [sparks seen by underpass witnesses]

- The strike to the concrete by the manhole cover [possibly the same as the mystery man]

- The mystery man .45 in the grass

- The Tague curb shot

- The possible hit to the Stemmons sign - location in question [Jack White commented once on the top edge having a notch in some of the z-frames, but not all].

- The HSCA story about a .45 slug bouncing off one of the motorcop's fenders

- The dent to the chrome around the windshield

and my personal favorite....and the one I think has been most neglected....

Mrs. HILL - That's right, and I talked with this man, a Secret Service man, and I said, "Am I a kook or what's wrong with me?" I said, "They keep saying three shots---three shots," and I said, "I know I heard more. I heard from four to six shots anyway."

He said, "Mrs. Hill, we were standing at the window and we heard more shots also, but we have three wounds and we have three bullets, three shots is all that we are willing to say right now."

Mr. SPECTER - Now, did that Secret Service man try to suggest to you that there were only three shots in any other way than that?

Mrs. HILL - That's all he said to me. He didn't say, "You have to say three shots"---he didn't tell me what to say.

Mr. SPECTER - He didn't try to intimidate you or coerce you in any way?

Mrs. HILL - No; that's all he said.

Mr. SPECTER - All right. Go ahead and tell me what you told Mark Lane.

Mrs. HILL - I told him--I was asked by them---

Mr. SPECTER - Do you know who that Secret Service man was, by the way?

Mrs. HILL - No; I don't. I don't know--not any name that day except Decker and the President.

Mr. SPECTER - All right, go ahead and tell me everything else you said.

Mrs. HILL - Then, he asked me I was asked did I know that a bullet struck at my feet and I said, "No; I didn't." And he said, "What do you think that dust was?" And I said, "I didn't see any dust." And I told Mark Lane that the Times Herald did run a picture in the paper of a concrete scar where a bullet had hit right where we were standing, which is evident to anybody that had an issue of the Times Herald.

Mr. SPECTER - Did you see that concrete?

Mrs. HILL - I didn't go back down there.Mr. SPECTER - Do you know whether or not a bullet did hit that concrete?

Mrs. HILL - As I say, I saw the picture in the newspaper.

Mr. SPECTER - Aside from seeing it in the newspaper, do you know anything about that?

Mrs. HILL - No; other than what the man said he saw out of the window of the courthouse, the Secret Service man said and it struck at my feet, other than that--I don't know.

Jean may have seen a photo in the Dallas Times Herald which led her to believe that there in fact was a bullet strike near her feet, but perhaps it was not the same one - anyone know the article in question? She and Mary Moorman were some 50 - 60 feet from the location of the alleged .45 recovered by the mystery man. What story ran in the Herald?

So here we are talking about a sixty foot width from the east to west window at a mark some 240 feet away into soft turf to direct the shot origin to?

What are the positives v. the negatives to the a second sixth floor shooter? What was the expectations of utilizing this over the risks of adding another team to be discovered? What was to be gained in other words?

Al

Hey Robin!

Aside from the furrows in the grass...

- Strike to the sidewalk on the north side of Elm [can be seen in KOAP]

- Strike to Elm Street pavement [sparks seen by underpass witnesses]

- The strike to the concrete by the manhole cover [possibly the same as the mystery man]

- The mystery man .45 in the grass

- The Tague curb shot

The nick in the curb before the qick patch up job got underway.

You have to look very hard when viewing the wc exibit of this piece of curb, to even be able see this nick after it was patched up.

Of course, they weren't trying to hide anything. <_<

jamestague.jpg