The Education Forum

Photo-Archive: Organized Crime

John and James, Excellent stuff. I haven't seen the top right hand corner photo of Harrelson, do you know where its from? I have a few high school photos of Harrelson that I posted previously if you want for your vast collection.

Great stuff, especially RD Matthews, great work.

I haven't seen the top right hand corner photo of Harrelson, do you know where its from? I have a few high school photos of Harrelson that I posted previously if you want for your vast collection. (John Geraghty)

Hi John,

The photo of Harrelson you cited came from a collection of prison images taken during some publicity Harrelson received when his son Woody was trying to get him a new trial.

I did save those school images of Harrelson you posted but if you have any more, I would certainly love to see them. Nice work on securing those by the way.

These photos of Braden don't appear to me to be the same man. Anyone else think the same? (Stan Wilbourne)

Hi Stan,

The mug shots of Braden came from the 1940's so there would be many years difference to the common one second from the left. FWIW.

James

Edited by James Richards

When compiling images for the archives, I try to present a cross section of photographs. Sometimes it is difficult deciding which ones to leave out. I wish I could post them all but one must try to be sensible (a task I often fail).

I know there are some members interested in Harrelson so here are 2 more below.

James

Hi Stan,

The mug shots of Braden came from the 1940's so there would be many years difference to the common one second from the left. FWIW.

James

Thanks for the info, James.

Still, there appears to be two different men in Braden's row of photos. The second image does not resemble the others, in my view at least.

Stan

I don't agree.

Look at the profiles. They match the head-on shots.

Its the same petty criminal, one as a teen age car thief type mug and another of a man in his late thirties early forties getting mugged for the hundredth time after doing time and living on the lamb.

His features, what we call the FORWARD ASPECT of Braden's face changed in the interim period, but this is a match.

His youthful aspects disappeared, and he took on a middle aged facial slump.

He lost a lot of hair, his head is at a different angle--also his nose appears larger in the early one and is faint in the senior photo.

It shows what a difficult and EASILY MANIPULATED thing photographic identity is.

Thanks for the posts, this looks like the guy in Dealey Plaza with the hat, don't you think? I mean we know Braden got picked up around 1 pm at the Dal Tex and gave a bull3433 story to the Dallas cops about using the phone.

Who was the gentleman who was apprehended with Braden at the Dal Tex on 11/22/63? His story mimics and impugns Braden Brading's story, doesn't it? The fact that both of them gave sketchy staged answers that were the same show them to be false and mutually coached.

That gentlemen, no matter what name he gave the Dallas Police, was Ted Shackley.

What we had at the Dal Tex building was an old school mafia gunman paired with a CIA wet ops honcho, in a H.L.Hunt owned building, known to the Feds for its Uranium Management Company. The Dallas Textile Building brings the mafia and the agencies into the actual triangulation.

Charles Harrelson and Chauncey Holt form another team, with a Rubyesque mafioso paired with a trained ops guy. Although he resembles Howard Hunt, and Howard Hunt is otherwise implicated, I don't think Howard Hunt was walked across Dealey Plaza at 2:45 by the cops....it was ID and radio ops man Chauncey Holt with Harrelson, and Frenchie, whom I do not know to ID.

Was Braden with TED SHACKLEY?

That seemed to be in the lookalike files.....

Lucky Lyndon Junior Jay Bert Peck

Edited by Shanet Clark

That gentlemen, no matter what name he gave the Dallas Police, was Ted Shackley. (Shanet Clark)

I agree completely that Larry Florer is suspicious indeed. I don't believe it was Shackley though as he was 36 at the time of the assassination and in my opinion, Florer seems to be mid twenties at the most.

What do you think of the possibility that Florer was in fact Ed Kolby (see below). I have no doubts that a Larry Florer does exist but could his identity have been hijacked for the asassination? I would love to see a photo of Florer circa 1963 but not any of those from Dealey Plaza.

I did have a brief email exchange with Ed Kolby who said that he could not remember anything about those days in the early 1960's. I sent him the shot of the man in Dealey Plaza (allegedly Larry Florer) and asked if he knew who it was. I have never heard back from him.

BTW, in the interview with Roy Hargraves printed in Larry Hancock's wonderful book, when Hargraves is questioned about some of his information, he makes numerous references to Ed Kolby as support. IMO, Kolby is one of those still alive who knows about what happened in Dallas.

FWIW.

James