The Education Forum

Meatloaf and the JFK Assassination

In an internet search for articles about singer Meatloaf, who was once known as Marvin Aday but now goes as Michael Aday, I found an article in which he claims that he has some knowledge about who was actually involved in the JFK assassination [yeah, yeah, they all do...].

Meatloaf, or more properly Mr. Aday, claims his dad was a member of the Dallas Police Department in 1963, and was on duty that day. The article further stated that the senior Mr. Aday had some problems with alcohol, and sometime later in the 1960's resigned from the DPD.

I've not been able to put any meat on these bones, up to this point. Does anyone here have a roster of the DPD officers on November 22, 1963? What about assignments on that day? While I was initially inclined to blow this claim off as another "wannabe" seeking a second "fifteen minutes of fame", I'd hate for this to be an item that might just reveal some evidence we could actually use, after initially ignoring it.

Anybody have anything on Mr. Aday and the DPD? Or is the Meatloaf just blowing smoke?

Mark,

I've not been able to put any meat on these bones, up to this point.  Does anyone here have a roster of the DPD officers on November 22, 1963?  What about assignments on that day? 

Assistant Chief of Police Charles Batchelor produced a roster for the WC. You can find it at 19h117 here:

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/...Vol19_0068a.htm

Captain Purdue Lawrence produced a traffic and security detail assignment list for Chief Curry and you can find it in 20h489 here:

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/...Vol20_0255a.htm

If you go over to the Lancer Forum and ask Ian Griggs, he might be able to tell you if Aday's father was on the police force. Ian is currently assembling a list of all 1,200 members of the force in 1963.

Aday was born in Dallas and I seem to remember some discussion last year about him being at Parkland when Kennedy was brought in.

Steve Thomas

If you go over to the Lancer Forum and ask Ian Griggs, he might be able to tell you if Aday's father was on the police force. Ian is currently assembling a list of all 1,200 members of the force in 1963.

Ian is a member of this Forum. I will ask him to answer your question.

Went thru the roster from WC report three times, and found no one named Aday...same with traffic and security detail.

Is the Meatloaf blowin' smoke?

Mark, Steve, John

A couple of years ago I was in Center Point, Texas (hometown of Edwin Walker, population about 1000) and was told that one of the four officers that escourted Oswald when he was shot by Ruby was also from Center Point. It was implied that they this officer and Walker may have been long time friends (although Walker would be older than three of the four).

Does anyone know which of these men may have been from Center Point? Is this just a coincidence?

Jim Root

Mark,

I can confirm that there was nobody with the surname ADEY employed in any capacity with the City of Dallas Police Department at the time of the Kennedy Assassination.

For the past few years I have been working on a comprehesive listing of all DPD employees of November 1963. The total number of employees was 1,286 of whom 220 were civilians (everything from Stenographers who were also Notaries Public, to Wrecker Drivers). I have now completed the listing of all these people, showing their full name, rank or grade, unit, locations and (important!) sources.

I have identified 493 (but the number does tend to keep growing) people who took some active part in the events of 22nd/24th November 1963. These range from Chief Jesse Curry and Patrolman 'Catfish' Hansen (who had arrested the guitarist who bit off Jack Ruby's finger some years previously) to Jail Matron Jerreldean Little.

It is expected to publish this research in book form (probably 200+ pages) either this year or next. It will, I hope, act as a permanent record and provide all researchers with an instant guide to 'who did what' within the DPD over the assassination weekend.

Just to go back to your original query - nobody with the surbame ADEY on the strength of the department at that time.

Regards,

IAN

Hi Mark,

Sorry to be vague but i remember an interview with Meatloaf some years back in which the Assassination was discussed,apparently he was driving in Dallas when somebody flashing some sort of ID Card seconded his car & ordered him to drive to Dealy Plaza.

This chap never identified himself to the singer & i remember Meatloaf being mystified as to the whole event.

Again sorry to be vague.

kind regards jim.

Maybe Meatloaf and Woody Harrelson can get together and make a movie about their dads' role in the assassination, with a cameo by Ricky White.

Maybe Meatloaf and Woody Harrelson can get together and make a movie about their  dads' role in the assassination, with a cameo by Ricky White.

:):D:dis

Edited by Shanet Clark