The Education Forum

Biography: Richard Drayton

Dr Richard Drayton is University Lecturer in Imperial and extra-European History and Director of Studies in History, Corpus Christi College. More specifically, Dr Drayton is interested in the impact of British and French 'expansion' on both domestic and peripheral economy (in particular trade and consumption), society (in particular race and identity), ideas (in particular science), culture (in particular literature and music), nature and the environment. He is particularly concerned with the Caribbean and the Atlantic world as a theatre of empire, and as a key factor in the making of the modern experience.

Dr Richard Drayton is University Lecturer in Imperial and extra-European History and Director of Studies in History, Corpus Christi College. More specifically, Dr Drayton is interested in the impact of British and French 'expansion' on both domestic and peripheral economy (in particular trade and consumption), society (in particular race and identity), ideas (in particular science), culture (in particular literature and music), nature and the environment. He is particularly concerned with the Caribbean and the Atlantic world as a theatre of empire, and as a key factor in the making of the modern experience.

This bio was kindly posted for me by John Simkin from my faculty webpage. Please feel free to contact me at the email address rhd1000 AT cam.ac.uk

(actually posted by Richard Drayton)