The Education Forum

Mr. ZAPRUDER Repeats Gunfire Source

Good Day.... Does anyone have the transcipt (or scan) of the November 1973 "Esquire" magazine article authored by RICHARD STOLLEY wherein STOLLEY, supposedly, wrote that ZAPRUDER told STOLLEY, (obviously sometime before ZAPRUDER‘s death in 1970.... perhaps even the same weekend as the assassination)

<QUOTE>

My first impression was that the shots were coming from behind me.

<END QUOTE>

Which is almost the exact same gunfire source that United States Protective Research Section agent MAXWELL PHILLIPS documented at 9:55 pm Dallas time on 11-22-63 of where Mr. ZAPRUDER said in his gunfire source earliest statement (Warren Commission Document 87)....

<QUOTE>

To: Chief Rowley 9:55 PM

Subject: 8mm movie showing President

Kennedy being shot

Enclosed is an 8mm movie film

taken by Mr. A. Zapruder 501 Elm St., Dallas

Texas (R.I 8-6071)

Mr Zapruder was photographing

the President at the instant he was shot.

According to Mr Zapruder the position

of the assassin was behind Mr Zapruder.

Note: Disregard personal scenes

shown on Mr. Zapruder's film. Mr. Zapruder

is in custody of the "master" film. TWO print

were given to SAIC Sorrels, this date.

The third is forwarded.

<signed>

M. D. Phillips

Special Agent-PRS

<END QUOTE>

Don Roberdeau

U.S.S. John F. Kennedy, CV-67, "Big John," Plank Walker

Sooner, or later, the Truth emerges Clearly

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/DP.jpg

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/ROSE...NOUNCEMENT.html

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/BOND...PINGarnold.html

T ogether

E veryone

A chieves

M ore

TEAMWORK.gif

DHS3elevatedYELLOW.gif

"(D)rehm (sic) seemed to think the shots came from in FRONT OF or BESIDE the President." (my EMPHASIS)

----CHARLES F. BREHM, a gunfire-battle experienced, WWII D-day, United States Army Ranger veteran, quoted just minutes after the attack and while still standing within Dealey Plaza ("Dallas Times Herald," 11-22-63, final edition)

Edited by Don Roberdeau

Don Roberdeau wrote:

Good Day.... Does anyone have the transcipt (or scan) of the November 1973 "Esquire" magazine article authored by RICHARD STOLLEY wherein STOLLEY, supposedly, wrote that ZAPRUDER told STOLLEY, (obviously sometime before ZAPRUDER‘s death in 1970.... perhaps even the same weekend as the assassination)

<QUOTE>

My first impression was that the shots were coming from behind me.

<END QUOTE>

Which is almost the exact same gunfire source that United States Protective Research Section agent MAXWELL PHILLIPS documented at 9:55 pm Dallas time on 11-22-63 of where Mr. ZAPRUDER said in his gunfire source earliest statement (Warren Commission Document 87)....

<QUOTE>

To: Chief Rowley 9:55 PM

Kennedy being shot

Texas (R.I 8-6071)

The third is forwarded.

M. D. Phillips

Special Agent-PRS

dgh01: 2 prints to SAIC Sorrels one to follow that makes 3 -- Life got the camera original + plus 1 optical print, that makes 5 films, every piece of documentation regarding this case states there was Four [4] films...

dgh01: 2 prints to SAIC Sorrels one to follow that makes 3 -- Life got the camera original + plus 1 optical print, that makes 5 films, every piece of documentation regarding this case states there was Four [4] films...

Sorry. Please disregard. B)

Don Roberdeau wrote:

<QUOTE>

To: Chief Rowley                                9:55 PM

Kennedy being shot

Texas (R.I 8-6071)

The third is forwarded.

M. D. Phillips

Special Agent-PRS

David G. Healy wrote:

"dgh01: 2 prints to SAIC Sorrels one to follow that makes 3 -- Life got the camera original + plus 1 optical print, that makes 5 films, every piece of documentation regarding this case states there was Four [4] films...

David, here is what Josiah Thompson says"Meanwhile, Zapruder had tracked down Forrest Sorrels, head of the Dallas Secret Service office. He and Erwin Schwartz gave Sorrels two copies of the film while retaining the camera-original and the best of the three copies. At 9:55 PM that night, Secret Service Agent Max Phillips sent off one of these two copies to Chief Rowley in Washington. Very likely, it was that copy which National Photo Interpretation Center (NPIC) technicians studied later that weekend."

I interpret Phillips's memo to refer to 3 films i.e. the original retained by Zapruder and the 2 copies given to Sorrels. The third of these (one of the two copies given to Sorrels) is being forwarded by Phillips to SS HQ. (Phillips was one of Sorrels underlings in the Dallas SS office?) It seems Phillips was unaware that Zapruder had retained one copy along with the original. 2+2=4 or, if you prefer, 3+1=4.

Ray

"Do not block the way of inquiry" C.S. Peirce

Ray wrote:

[...]

David, here is what Josiah Thompson says"Meanwhile, Zapruder had tracked down Forrest Sorrels, head of the Dallas Secret Service office. He and Erwin Schwartz gave Sorrels two copies of the film while retaining the camera-original and the best of the three copies. At 9:55 PM that night, Secret Service Agent Max Phillips sent off one of these two copies to Chief Rowley in Washington. Very likely, it was that copy which National Photo Interpretation Center (NPIC) technicians studied later that weekend."

dgh01: probably a wee bit more than just studied... Initially, I never questioned what Dr. Thompson says regarding the films. I do however find it very curious that Zapruder and Schwartz had to 'track' down Sorrels and give him two copies of the film, two copies of the film of the century, the very same film that agents never lost sight of during the processing of the film. NOW Zapruder and Schwartz have to track down Sorrels for delivery? Chain of evidence problem, perhaps?

Further that, Schwarts is on the record, somewhere, I can't remember at the moment, his take regarding delivery of film, specifically, the in-camera original and the "final" optical print to LIFE - one or the other came a day or so later! possibly Monday or Tuesday? As I recall, Schwartz could not remember --

then there's the confusion about pesky control number #0184, what does THAT mean?

I interpret Phillips's memo to refer to 3 films i.e. the original retained by Zapruder and the 2 copies given to Sorrels. The third of these (one of the two copies given to Sorrels) is being forwarded by Phillips to SS HQ. (Phillips was one of Sorrels underlings in the Dallas SS office?) It seems Phillips was unaware that Zapruder had retained one copy along with the original. 2+2=4 or, if you prefer, 3+1=4.

dgh01: The film of the century, and folks unaware as to who has what film? and along came #0184.

The complications of a 4th print, on the same film stock as the Zapruder in-camera original... ALL 4 films essentially on the same film stock, the use a Jamieson edge printing attachment, whose to tell what was the camera original, what was a print? -- Perhaps, its all in the 16mm optical printer light-house --ideas, Ray?

David Healy

Edited by David G. Healy

David wrote:

dgh01: probably a wee bit more than just studied... Initially, I never questioned what Dr. Thompson says regarding the films. I do however find it very curious that Zapruder and Schwartz had to 'track' down Sorrels and give him two copies of the film, two copies of the film of the century, the very same film that agents never lost sight of during the processing of the film. NOW Zapruder and Schwartz have to track down Sorrels for delivery? Chain of evidence problem, perhaps?"

David, I don't find anything curious about "Z tracked down Sorrels" Z had earlier promised to do so at Sorrels insistence. Sorrels was the "law" (Federal Government) in Zapruder's eyes, so he complied fully with Sorrel's orders.

I can't comments on your remaining points. As I mentioned in Pat Speer's thread on Zapruder alteration- I have no real doubt that the film is authentic.

Ray "Do not block the way of inquiry" C. S. Peirce