The Education Forum

John Connally's size

I noticed on the Myers cartoon that Connally is actually smaller than Kennedy, when the reverse was true. Still, I haven't been able to find Connally's weight anywhere. In Thomas Kelley's WC testimony on the re-enactment he mentions that the stand-in was 6'4' when Connally was only 6'2." But I can't find his weight, which I suspect was over 200 pounds. By shrinking Connally, Myers was able to move the back wound a few inches closer to the middle of the car and make his trajectory look more plausible. If anyone knows the measurements of his coat, that could also be of help.

Pat,

Do you want Connally's weight with or without the fragments in him from CE399?

Seriously, I looked in Caro's biography of Johnson to see if he gives a physical description of Johnson's one-time chief aide, but no luck.

Ron

Pat,

No clue, but thought this photo may be of some use.

- lee

Thanks a lot, Lee! Connally is a little bit taller and a little bit wider. The Myers cartoon depicts him 15% smaller!

Edited by Pat Speer

Good Day Lee.... Thanks for the photo.... Do you have a specific date for when it was captured? (apparently at the White House)

Don Roberdeau

U.S.S. John F. Kennedy, CV-67, "Big John" Plank Walker

Sooner, or later, the Truth emerges Clearly

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/DP.jpg

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/ROSE...NOUNCEMENT.html

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/BOND...PINGarnold.html

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/GHOS...update2001.html

T ogether

E veryone

A chieves

M ore

TEAMWORK.gif

DHS3elevatedYELLOW.gif

"No, no, no! My God, they're going to kill us all!" 22NOV63

(screamed during the seconds of the attack, supposedly, after he already received a painful sucking-air chest wound)

"They killed the President." 24NOV63

(after the attack, while under pain-killing medications from his Parkland Hospital bed)

"I knew the president had been hit." 28NOV63

(describing that after the first shot he *remembered* hearing that he then "KNEW" that the President had been hit. In his testimonies months and years later, CONNALLY would claim that he did not know President KENNEDY had been hit until after the bloody headshot explosion)

"When I was hit, .... or, .... shortly before I was hit, .... no, .... I guess it was after I was hit, .... I said, first, just almost in despair, I said, 'no, no, no ...'" 1978 H.S.C.A. testimony

- JOHN CONNALLY, Texas Governor, and, the Texas-based person who had the most power and control over the pre-planning of the Texas trip and Texas motorcades routes

Good Day Pat.... In his cartoons, IMHO, Myers also did not perform a very good job --at all-- of replicating for us CONNALLY's lip movements to help us timestamp when CONNALLY screamed ("like a stuck pig," according to Mrs. KENNEDY), "No, no, no! My God, they're going to kill us all!" (after he, supposedly, had already received a sucking-air, very painful, chest wound.

Don Roberdeau

U.S.S. John F. Kennedy, CV-67, "Big John" Plank Walker

Sooner, or later, the Truth emerges Clearly

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/DP.jpg

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/ROSE...NOUNCEMENT.html

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/BOND...PINGarnold.html

http://members.aol.com/DRoberdeau/JFK/GHOS...update2001.html

T ogether

E veryone

A chieves

M ore

TEAMWORK.gif

DHS3elevatedYELLOW.gif

"No, no, no! My God, they're going to kill us all!" 22NOV63

(screamed during the seconds of the attack, supposedly, after he already received a painful sucking-air chest wound)

"They killed the President." 24NOV63

(after the attack, while under pain-killing medications from his Parkland Hospital bed)

"I knew the president had been hit." 28NOV63

(describing that after the first shot he *remembered* hearing that he then "KNEW" that the President had been hit. In his testimonies months and years later, CONNALLY would claim that he did not know President KENNEDY had been hit until after the bloody headshot explosion)

"When I was hit, .... or, .... shortly before I was hit, .... no, .... I guess it was after I was hit, .... I said, first, just almost in despair, I said, 'no, no, no ...'" 1978 H.S.C.A. testimony

- JOHN CONNALLY, Texas Governor, and, the Texas-based person who had the most power and control over the pre-planning of the Texas trip and Texas motorcades routes

A researcher who is specializing in Connally's wounds has e-mailed me that Connally was 6'2" and weighed in at approximately 205 pounds at that point in his life. He also has determined he wore a size 40 suit. In the program they note that Kennedy had a 39 inch chest. This seems to confirm my suspicion, based on the picture posted by Lee that Connally's shoulders were slightly wider than Kennedy's. So why does Myers depict him as at approximately 15% smaller than Kennedy on the overhead view (I re-measured after realizing that 25% seemed excessive) ? It seems obvious that the reason is that by shrinking Big John, he could move the wound in his armpit further from the door, and alter a trajectory leading back to Kennedy's throat just enough so that it would be guided off that pesky Dal-Tex Building over to its rightful place on the TSBD.

While lone-nut whiners like to freak whenever a conspiracist makes a little dough off his research, they seem to have no problem with people like Myers and Unsolved History's producers making bank off KNOWINGLY DISTORTING THE TRUTH in order to sell their lone-nut theory. Their thinking seems to be that if you KNOW Oswald did it, and acted alone, then it's okay for your exhibits and drawings to be distorted to support your case. I mean, why let the facts get in the way of the truth, right? There are still people out there begging to be deceived into believing the truth. (The gospel according to Posner.)

I must admit that when conspiracists are incorrect about something or distort their exhibits, I usually give them the benefit of the doubt, and choose to believe they just didn't know any better. I would like to do the same for Myers. But I've come across three different depictions by him of the single-bullet shot which move the President's postion and the wound itself depending on what would look plausible to the viewer from that angle. He lures you into thinking that because he's using a computer the proportions and angles are the same from frame to frame and shot to shot when they're not. As a cartoonist/animator the man does okay, but as a researcher, the man appears to be a fraud. Which in some ways is okay. Over the last few years I've learned more by studying the distorted exhibits of the WC, the HSCA, and the Lattimer/Posner/Myers school than from anywhere else.

Edited by Pat Speer

Their thinking seems to be that if you KNOW Oswald did it, and acted alone, then it's okay for your exhibits and drawings to be distorted to support your case. I mean, why let the facts get in the way of the truth, right?  There are still people out there begging to be deceived into believing the truth. (The gospel according to Posner.)

In a good analogy, young-Earth creationists do the very same thing in arguing against evolution. If you KNOW God did it and acted alone, and the theory of evolution is silly, then there's nothing wrong with distorting facts to support your case. This has been called "lying for Jesus." And they make enough money at it to build multi-million dollar creation museums.

Ron

In a good analogy, young-Earth creationists do the very same thing in arguing against evolution. If you KNOW God did it and acted alone, and the theory of evolution is silly, then there's nothing wrong with distorting facts to support your case. This has been called "lying for Jesus." And they make enough money at it to build multi-million dollar creation museums.

Ron

An excellent analogy, Ron. We all know the Grand Canyon came as a result of a very big flood a few thousand years ago. Uhuh. In Southern Cal out by Palm Springs there are two life-sized concrete dinosaurs sitting beside a restaurant; for years they have been a roadside tourist attraction for kids of all ages. They were featured in Pee Wee's Big Adventure and the Tears for Fears video "Everybody Wants to Rule the World." Well, some creationist group has bought them and now the gift shop is filled with literature and exhibits detailing how evolution as a theory is not scientifically sound and how the dinosaurs ruled the world only a few thousand years ago, until they were wiped out by unknown forces. I have to admit I was offended. It was as if Disney had purchased the Sixth Floor Museum and inserted an animatronic Oswald in the sniper's nest window, wearing an I Love Fidel t-shirt.

Edited by Pat Speer

Good Day Lee.... Thanks for the photo.... Do you have a specific date for when it was captured? (apparently at the White House)

Don Roberdeau

Hi Don.

Unclear. The caption seems to imply it was the day he took the oath? - however, unless both he and Johnson changed ties, that does not appear to be accurate.

Life, July 16th, 1965, page 36.

He took the Presidential oath...and then went to his office and new duties. Later the camera caught a prophetic shot with Secretary of Navy Connally, and behind them, VP Johnson, moving in the order that they held on that terrible day in Dallas...

- lee