The Education Forum

Why Are We Still Alive?

From the fact that we are all stive alive, we can, I think, draw one of two conclusions:

(1) The assassination was not arranged by Castro; the Mafia; the CIA; anti-Castro Cubans; rich oil barons; the Military Industrial Complex; renegade CIA agents; Maxwell Taylor; the KGB; etc.

OR

(2) The "clean up crew" would never mess with anyone as meaningless and powerless as us!

From the fact that we are all stive alive, we can, I think, draw one of two conclusions:

(1)  The assassination was not arranged by Castro; the Mafia; the CIA; anti-Castro Cubans; rich oil barons; the Military Industrial Complex; renegade CIA agents; Maxwell Taylor; the KGB; etc.

OR

(2) The "clean up crew" would never mess with anyone as meaningless and powerless as us!

I think we can confidently say Tim that your life is not in any danger. In fact, if you did your job better (you are far too obvious at the moment), you might even persuade the CIA to pay you a retainer.

I do not believe that researchers are in any physical danger. However, Operation Mockingbird is still active. This means that researchers will have difficulty getting their work published (that is why the web is so important). Those that get near the truth will probably have to endure some sort of smear campaign. In some cases, threats might be made against the lives of their children (the main way people have been persuaded to keep quiet about what they know). Not that I think they would carry out that threat. But who amongst us is willing to take that sort of chance.

John, I am going to write Langley for an employment application for Operation Mockingbird. Don't you think the CIA should cover the web as well as more traditional media?

If the CIA tells me there is no such thing as Operation Mockingbird, I shall post its denial!

Seriously, however, your point about "threats to children" is a sobering thought. I think many of us do not fear for our own lives but I know for sure that if I thought anything I was doing was endangering my daughter's life I would cease forthwith!

But I think the true assassins fear not publicity but rather jail.

Edited by Tim Gratz

I should also add, since some people still apparently do not "get it":

That I have labeled the actions of the CIA in attempting assassinations immoral and illegal. If in fact Castro did it, it was probably not because of the CIA sabotage of Cuban sugar fields, etc., or even the rumors of a second invasion, but as a direct result of the CIA's efforts to kill him. Thus, the CIA "caused" JFK's death as much as if it pulled the trigger. (There is of course a legal distinction: the CIA would only be guilty of attempted murder of castro, but it would be guilty of murder if it actually killed JFK.) And I have said that from a moral (and legal standpoint) an attempt to murder a foreign head of state is as wrong as an attempt to kill the President.

So with "friends" like me, the CIA does not need enemies!

So I guess I won't bother applying for Operation Mockingbird after all.

If the Mafia killed Kennedy on its own, then arguably the CIA did not "cause" the assassination. Nevertheless, the CIA stands condemned for its attempt to murder Castro, and its possible complicity in the murder of Trujillo.

So with "friends" like me, the CIA does not need enemies!

You completely misunderstand the policy of the CIA. They are more than willing to take criticism for plotting with the Mafia to kill Castro. After all, it was the CIA who leaked this information. They did this as a “limited hangout”. The intention was to direct attention away from other CIA convert activities. That includes conspiracies against John F. Kennedy.

(1)  The assassination was not arranged by Castro; the Mafia; the CIA; anti-Castro Cubans; rich oil barons; the Military Industrial Complex; renegade CIA agents; Maxwell Taylor; the KGB; etc.

OR

Tim,

I think it's a safe bet that alleging 'Castro did it' won't run you any worries -- Unless of course you're planning to book a Cuban holiday soon through Philip Agee's Cuba Linda, and El Commandante knows of your visit.

Add Sprague's PCG to your mix.

- lee