The Education Forum

Dealey Plaza UK

The Dealey Plaza UK group was established in September, 1995. According to its website:

“The principal aim is to bring together interested people for the mutual exchange of views, opinions and information pertaining to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Whilst the majority of members tend to believe that JFK was killed as the result of a conspiracy, there is no bar on potential members if their views are pro-Warren and they believe Lee Harvey Oswald to be the sole assassin. The overall object of the group is to assist the worldwide research community generally in establishing the truth behind the planning, execution and aftermath of the Kennedy Assassination.”

http://www.dealeyplazauk.co.uk/

If you are resident in the UK I would highly recommend you join the group. I attended the Dealey Plaza’s annual conference at Canterbury over the weekend. I was most impressed with the quality of the presentations and the level of debate that took place. Probably, the most impressive aspect of the conference was the comradely spirit of the group. Newcomers were made to feel very welcome. Although members of the group disagreed about certain aspects of the case, everybody remained courteous and friendly. I felt proud to be a member of this group. It also gave me the opportunity to meet the great Larry Hancock. An experience I would recommend to everyone. One way you can do this is to visit the Lancer Conference in Dallas in November. I plan to go (as long as the US government lets me in the country).

Presentations at the conference included:

Russell Kent: “The Wounding of John Connally”

Alaric Rosman: “Did Officer Tippit Stop Anybody”

Ian Griggs: “Search for a Stripper – the Kathy Kay Story”

Larry Hancock: “The Kirknewton Intercepts”

Kim Reinholt: “Paul O’Connor and Dennis David”

Chris Robertson: “The Media and the Assassination of JFK”

Larry Hancock: “David Morales”

I hope to persuade the speakers to post their presentations on the Forum in our Online Seminars section.

Hi John

I had a great time, pity I could only make the Saturday. Like you said, the DPUK Seminar is always a good opportunity to catch up with some current British research and renew friendships.

I was particularly impressed with Alaric Rosman who spoke with great authority and eloquence on Tippet's murder. His enthusiasm was infectious. Larry Hancock was also fascinating with his depth of knowledge and clarity of thought - it was a privilege to meet him.

Thank you for introducing me to this forum.

Hi John,

It was nice to meet you and put a face to the name as I frequently use your JFK site and find it an invaluble resource if I need to quickly find out who a particular witness, researcher, etc is and how they relate to the case. Is very well put together. Great work!

I'm sure I speak for the other group members when I say we're glad to have you in the group! Like you, Im hoping to be able to make it to Dallas in November for a 'return trip' as I had such a wonderful time my first trip in 2003. It is an amazing experience.

Hi John,

It was nice to meet you and put a face to the name as I frequently use your JFK site and find it an invaluble resource if I need to quickly find out who a particular witness, researcher, etc is and how they relate to the case. Is very well put together. Great work!

I'm sure I speak for the other group members when I say we're glad to have you in the group!  Like you, Im hoping to be able to make it to Dallas in November for a 'return trip' as I had such a wonderful time my first trip in 2003. It is an amazing experience.

Like you, Im hoping to be able to make it to Dallas in November for a 'return trip' as I had such a wonderful time my first trip in 2003. It is an amazing experience.

Francesca, is that a picture of you that I have, that Cameron took back in Dallas 2 years ago? Dixie met you, too. That was when Jesse Ventura was in town, also. You post at Prouty's too, right? Welcome to The Education Forum, girl! I'm going to try and make it this year, too, if they'll let me take the time off from work.

Take care.

Ter :)

Francesca, is that a picture of you that I have, that Cameron took back in Dallas 2 years ago?

Oh no I hope not! I don't like the idea of pictures of me floating around! :-) You know Cameron? Small world! Is he going again this year too?

Dixie met you, too.  That was when Jesse Ventura was in town, also. You post at Prouty's too, right?

Yes that's right . I remember Dixie - how is she? I used to post on the Prouty forum nut havent in a while although I still read the posts fairly often.

Welcome to The Education Forum, girl!  I'm going to try and make it this year, too, if they'll let me take the time off from work.

Take care.

Ter  :)

Thanks would be nice to meet you - have you been to Dallas before?

regards

Francesca

Has anyone who was at the conference found the Kirknewton documents that Larry Hancock was referring to? I remember he said that the actual documents could be found on William Dankbaar's site but as yet I haven't been able to find them. The only site I could find connected with W.Dankbaar is http:/www.JFKmurdersolved.com but can't see them on there. I don't know if that is the correct site though. I've done a google search but no luck there either.

Francesca

Has anyone who was at the conference found the Kirknewton documents that Larry Hancock was referring to? I remember he said that the actual documents could be found on William Dankbaar's site but as yet I haven't been able to find them. The only site I could find connected with W.Dankbaar is http:/www.JFKmurdersolved.com but can't see them on there. I don't know if that is the correct site though. I've done a google search but no luck there either.

Francesca

I will ask Larry when he gets back to America.

Hi Francesca

I did notice that you had joined this forum and also thought about when I saw you in Dallas for the JFK 40th Year Anniversary. I also remmeber some of those big bad discussions we all use to have at Prouty's. Yes, Cameron does have your photo, because I have seen it too...:-)

I thought it was great that you guys could come all the way from the UK. Some such as Ian Griggs and John Gill and others, I had previously met though.

I had to cancel my trip to Dallas for last Nov, because of healh reasons. But, hopefully I will be able to be there this Nov. I have been trying to get Terry to join us and perhaps this year she will be able to. I don't know if Cameron will be going or not, but he did go last year. Hopefully you will also be able to be there, as well as others in your DPUK group, such as John Simkin.

So many times, I hear about a Conference or Seminar with a speaker or topic of interest and would like to either read or hear the presentation. However, it is not always easy to acquire this information.

Regards

Dixie

So many times, I hear about a Conference or Seminar with a speaker or topic of interest and would like to either read or hear the presentation. However, it is not always easy to acquire this information.

I will try to persuade speakers at the Dealey Plaza UK Conference to post their presentations on the Forum.

That's great John thanks a lot! I couldn't seem to find it on there! Very interesting thread but also I wonder who on earth sent the documents in the first place.

Hi Francesca

I did notice that you had joined this forum and also thought about when I saw you in Dallas for the JFK 40th Year Anniversary. I also remmeber some of those big bad discussions we all use to have at Prouty's. Yes, Cameron does have your photo, because I have seen it too...:-)

I thought it was great that you guys could come all the way from the UK. Some such as Ian Griggs and John Gill and others, I had previously met though.

I had to cancel my trip to Dallas for last Nov, because of healh reasons. But, hopefully I will be able to be there this Nov. I have been trying to get Terry to join us and perhaps this year she will be able to. I don't know if Cameron will be going or not, but he did go last year. Hopefully you will also be able to be there, as well as others in your DPUK group, such as John Simkin.

Regards

Dixie

Hi Dixie,

I remember you well from Dallas - weren't you staying in my hotel - The Lawrence?

I think a few members of DPUK are planning on going to Dallas this year - not as big a group as 2003 but at least 5 or 6 so far I think.

I'm hoping to go - about 80% decided, depending on a few things health and moneywise! If I do go I will stay in the Lawrence again as I found it very good being so near Dealey Plaza and also my room was fantastic because I had a view of the book depository from my window!

I managed to see most of the assassination related sites last time but I would like to see them all again and also see some places I didn't get to see first time round. I'm thinking of trying to get out to see Redbird Airport.

Hope to see you in Dallas!

regards

Francesca

Hi all,

I too must agree with the sentiments posted on this forum: the DPUK weekend was a wonderful learning experience; it would be unfair to single out one particular speaker, but Aleric does stand out for his wonderfully animated reocnstruction of the Tippit slaying (someone who seems to have been a "forgotten victim" of Nov'22nd, 1963)...and also for his capacious wallet! ;)

Hi all,

I too must agree with the sentiments posted on this forum: the DPUK weekend was a wonderful learning experience; it would be unfair to single out one particular speaker, but Aleric does stand out for his wonderfully animated reocnstruction of the Tippit slaying (someone who seems to have been a "forgotten victim" of Nov'22nd, 1963)...and also for his capacious wallet!  ;)

Just to reiterate what everyone else has said - the seminar was terrific. Not just for the excellent presentations - but meeting other DPUK members was delightful.

I wish I could make Dallas - maybe one day......

regards

Wendi