The Education Forum

What is this?

I think this image below is from the Hughes film but I may be wrong. If I am, hopefully someone will correct me.

I was wondering what that object is protruding from the window (circled)?

If this image does come from the Hughes film then I would imagine that it is no longer than 2 minutes after the shooting.

Any corrections, comments or impressions would be appreciated.

James

I think this image below is from the Hughes film but I may be wrong. If I am, hopefully someone will correct me.

I was wondering what that object is protruding from the window (circled)?

If this image does come from the Hughes film then I would imagine that it is no longer than 2 minutes after the shooting.

Any corrections, comments or impressions would be appreciated.

James

Hi James:

Yes this is from Hughes...But not within two minutes.....

He ran from the TSBD area, and down through the plaza, and then up into the parking lot area, where the people were gathering....he was taking film...as he went...

He then came back down into the park area, where he took this photo, as well as others....So perhaps within 10 minutes, or so... It could be something holding the window up..??

B.. :)

Hi James:

He ran from the TSBD area, and down through the plaza, and then up into the parking lot area, where the people were gathering....he was taking film...as he went...

He then came back down into the park area, where he took this photo, as well as others....So perhaps within 10 minutes, or so... It could be something holding the window up..?? (Bernice Moore)

Hi Bernice,

Thanks for your thoughts.

I scanned the Hughes film and it appears that the object is there one frame and then seems to disappear.

Cheers,

James

Hi James:

He then came back down into the park area, where he took this photo, as well as others....So perhaps within 10 minutes, or so... It could be something holding the window up..?? (Bernice Moore)

Hi Bernice,

I scanned the Hughes film and it appears that the object is there one frame and then seems to disappear.

Cheers,

James

[/quote

My first thought was maybe it was something holding open the window, I did hear a report that there was a broken window on the western side at the time of the assassination. Is this image of the western side of the building? James said that the object disappears, I am going to look into this, but to me at the moment, I come to the conclusion that it is a rifle, I will continue to think about and look into other possibilities. Let me know what you think.

Hi James:

Hi Bernice,

Cheers,

James

[/quote

My first thought was maybe it was something holding open the window, I did hear a report that there was a broken window on the western side at the time of the assassination. Is this image of the western side of the building? James said that the object disappears, I am going to look into this, but to me at the moment, I come to the conclusion that it is a rifle, I will continue to think about and look into other possibilities. Let me know what you think.

Just looking at the image again, is it possible that it is not a protrusion? It may possibly be some type of shadow or reflection? Although I am not sure,

Adam

Just looking at the image again, is it possible that it is not a protrusion? It may possibly be some type of shadow or reflection? Although I am not sure, Adam (Adam Wilkinson)

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your thoughts. I guess the thing here is to lock in exactly how long after the shooting this image was captured. I now agree with Bernice that it is longer than the 2 minutes I originally thought.

It may well be an anomaly of some sort, it is just too hard to tell. As tempting as it is to ponder the possibility of it being a rifle barrel, I think common sense suggests it is something else.

Curious though.

James

It may well be an anomaly of some sort, it is just too hard to tell. As tempting as it is to ponder the possibility of it being a rifle barrel, I think common sense suggests it is something else.

Agreed, even as much as we would all like to take credit to a new discovery. I would like to find out what this is though. :blink:

Edited by John Dolva

Hi John:

The next photo, film, that Hughes and Murray took at this time, Hughes had swung his attention to (they were both taking many in the same area ) the sewer drain cover, that had been hit, in the park on the South side....The time on the Clock above the TSBD said 12.38 pm.....I do not have access to the photos right now...Also I believe this Hughes is cropped..

By that time, Aynesworth..I believe, the reporter,....as well as DPD..and some Detectives were searching the TSBD...and there were still some employees inside..it could have been anyone peering from a window...??

.B

***Correction..it was WFAA TV reporter Tom Alyea, Kent Biffle DMNews and Pierce Allman WFAA Radio......

Edited by Bernice Moore

i mistakenly posted this in another thread so here it is again. the object looks to me like it ends flush with the oudside surface of the window, and it looks like its perpendicular to it. Also it seems to be the same height as the window gap would be if one looks face on. The window itself seems to overlap the inside lip of the window frame , which makes sense from a 'keeping the weather out ' construction. so i suggest its a prop to keep the window open. What about the other enlargements. the figure in the window above?

That was my initial thought, but James says that in a later shot, it had disappeared. I gather if it was something holding the window open, it would still be there.

i mistakenly posted this in another thread so here it is again. the object looks to me like it ends flush with the oudside surface of the window, and it looks like its perpendicular to it. Also it seems to be the same height as the window gap would be if one looks face on. The window itself seems to overlap the inside lip of the window frame , which makes sense from a 'keeping the weather out ' construction. so i suggest its a prop to keep the window open. What about the other enlargements. the figure in the window above?

That was my initial thought, but James noted that in a later shot, it had disappeared. I gather if it was something holding the window open, it would still be there.