The Education Forum

Pix of Oswald in Civil Air Patrol

Friends, especially picture collectors:

I believe that there are at least two photos of Lee Harvey Oswald in his Civil Air Patrol uniform, facial portraits (not the famoius Ciravolo bivouac piture, which I have). I would love to get a good scan of either or both of these. Anybody have one ready to go?

Thanks!

Friends, especially picture collectors:

I believe that there are at least two photos of Lee Harvey Oswald in his Civil Air Patrol uniform, facial portraits (not the famoius Ciravolo bivouac piture, which I have). I would love to get a good scan of either or both of these. Anybody have one ready to go?

Thanks!

Hi Stephen,

Is this one of the images you refer to? It's not the greatest quality.

James

James, you seem very adept at working with pictures online. Perhaps you can give me some guidance.

I am working on AOL. I often have trouble saving JPGs found online, and it just happened with the Oswald pic. I right-clicked and selected "Save picture as", but when the work box popped up, my only save options were Bitmap or ART file. I can't open either type of file in any program, including PhotoShop7. What am I doing wrong?

James, you seem very adept at working with pictures online. Perhaps you can give me some guidance.

I am working on AOL. I often have trouble saving JPGs found online, and it just happened with the Oswald pic. I right-clicked and selected "Save picture as", but when the work box popped up, my only save options were Bitmap or ART file. I can't open either type of file in any program, including PhotoShop7. What am I doing wrong?

Hi Stephen,

I don't know anything about AOL, but on my PC, I use the 'My Pictures' function which can be found in the 'My Documents' folder. I just create new folders for each topic, create a short cut to my desktop and save images into the appropriate folder.

My photo managing program is 'ACDSee 6' which I have no problems with.

I don't know if this will help you or not. Good luck.

James

Edited by John Dolva