The Education Forum

Meeting in Worthing

John Simkin

So far the following have told me they are going to attend the meeting in Worthing:

Janos Blasszauer (Batthyany Lajos Gimnazium, Hungary)

Andrew Davies (Varndean School, UK)

Caterina Gasparini (Istituto Tecnico Industriale, Italy)

Tasios Matos (Musical School of Larissa, Greece)

Juan Carlos Ocaña (Institution: IES Parque de Lisboa, Spain)

Ulrike Schuh-Fricke (Gymnasium Neue Oberschule, Germany)

John Simkin (Spartacus Educational, UK)

Dora Nousia (Research Academic Computer Technology Institute, Greece)

I have yet to hear from David Richardson (University of Kalmar, Sweden) or Mario Tosti (Istituto per la Storia dell'Umbria Contemporanea, Italy)

The following have said they cannot make the meeting:

Milena Todorova (Bulgaria)

Petra Quirenzova (Czech)

Tim Kirk (France)

I have asked all three to contribute to the debates on the Citizenship threads. Without them doing this it will be difficult to know how they will be contributing to the project.

Without David Richardson and Mario Tosti who are representatives of two institutions which unquestionably are involved in training teachers the whole project will be at a stake once again.

According to the German agency there must be at least three institutions which are involved in training teachers, otherwise the EU will not accept the project and the German agency will not fund my participation.

Edited by UlrikeSchuhFricke

Without David Richardson and Mario Tosti who are representatives of two institutions which unquestionably are involved in training teachers the whole project will be at a stake once again.

According to the German agency there must be at least three institutions which are involved in training teachers, otherwise the EU will not accept the project and the German agency will not fund my participation.

The Italian person from ISUC is supposed to attend the meeting: there should be Dino Renato Nardelli instead of Mario Tosti, but Nardelli is on holiday till 19th July, so he will probably submit his application form for the visit after this date.

I have just phoned my Socrates Agency and they told me that so far they have no received any news from other Socrates Agencies. Probably, the main problem is that a lot of civil servants are on holidays.

However, the person in charge was quite optimistic and told me that if there are more institutions which are going to be funded for the visit, I will get the money as well.

So, please, let your National Agencies know that they need to communicate among them. In that case, we will get the money.

I will phone again next week and I will keep you updated.

• 1 month later...

The following will now be at the Worthing Meeting:

Janos Blasszauer (Batthyany Lajos Gimnazium, Hungary)

Andrew Davies (Varndean School, UK)

Caterina Gasparini (Istituto Tecnico Industriale, Italy)

Juan Carlos Ocaña (Institution: IES Parque de Lisboa, Spain)

Ulrike Schuh-Fricke (Gymnasium Neue Oberschule, Germany)

John Simkin (Spartacus Educational, UK)

Susana Munoz (Centre Virtuel de la Connaissance sur l'Europe, Luxembourg)

Dino Renato Nardelli (Vocational Statal High School, Italy)