The Education Forum

Historical Tidbits

There exists so many items of historical significance related to New Orleans, LA, Dallas, TX, and LHO's associations, that the most simple manner to list each is under a common heading.

Therefore, this Topic Title will be utilized to post much of this information which also has bearing on other topics of discussion.

1. Attention, Pioneers of Dallas, Co.

All membes of our association who can, are requested to assemble at 9:30 a.m. to-morrow (October 25) at the Live Oak Grocery, 949 Elm Street, to attend in a body, the funeral of our lamented brother, Maxime Guillot.

October 24, 1889, Dallas Times Herald, page 4, Column 4

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There exists so many items of historical significance related to New Orleans, LA, Dallas, TX, and LHO's associations, that the most simple manner to list each is under a common heading.

Therefore, this Topic Title will be utilized to post much of this information which also has bearing on other topics of discussion.

1.  Attention, Pioneers of Dallas, Co.

All membes of our association who can, are requested to assemble at 9:30 a.m. to-morrow (October 25) at the Live Oak Grocery, 949 Elm Street, to attend in a body, the funeral of our lamented brother, Maxime Guillot.

Under the LHO topic, information relative to LHO & his cousin PGT Beauregard was provided.

This kinship came about as a result of the marriage of "Bella" Claverie to a member of the Beauregard family.

What was not said was that this was the second marriage for Bella Clavarie.

2. Bella Clavarie

Father: Bertrand Clavarie

Mother: Clara Bordelon

Marriage (1): Joseph Edward Constance

Children: Joseph Gaston Constance

Joseph Gaston Constance Married Elizabeth Media Guillot, of the Avoylles Parish, LA families of Guillot.

Therefore, LHO also had a distant cousin who was married into the Guillot family.

1.  Attention, Pioneers of Dallas, Co.

Under the LHO topic, information relative to LHO & his cousin PGT Beauregard was provided.

This kinship came about as a result of the marriage of "Bella" Claverie to a member of the Beauregard family.

What was not said was that this was the second marriage for Bella Clavarie.

2. Bella Clavarie

Father: Bertrand Clavarie

Mother: Clara Bordelon

Marriage (1): Joseph Edward Constance

Children: Joseph Gaston Constance

Joseph Gaston Constance Married Elizabeth Media Guillot, of the Avoylles Parish, LA families of Guillot.

Therefore, LHO also had a distant cousin who was married into the Guillot family.

Please forgive the manner in which this frequently jumps around. These items are being presented mostly as they come from my boxes full of research papers.

Those who have truely researched the JFK assassination should easily make the connections. If not, just ask.

Tom

3. Max Clark/DeMohrenschildt/the Oswald family

WC Testimony of Max Clark

Mr. Liebeler: Would you state your full name please.

Mr. Clark: Max Clark

Mr. Liebeler: You are an attorney?

Mr. Clark: Yes

Mr. Liebeler: A member of the Bar of Texas

Mr. Clark: Yes

Mr. Liebeler: Any other State?

Mr. Clark: No, I am licensed to practice in the Federal courts and American Bar Association.

Max Clark was intervieewed by the FBI after the assassination. He was on a first name basis with the Fort Worth FBI agent who interviewed him (Earl Haley, 8 H 349). This may be because, along with having been a security officer for the Convair Division of General Dynamics (8 H 352), he was, according to one witness, connected with the FBI (9H 235).

WC Testimony of George DeMohrenschildt

Mr. Jenner: The Clarks?

Mr. DeMohrenschildt: I know them very well

Mr. Jenner: Max Clark

Mr. DeMohrenschildt: Yes, Max and his wife Gall.

Records of the West Side State Bank reveal the following information:

On December 3, 1956, an account was opened in the name of Mr. or Mrs. Robert L. Oswald, 4910 East Lancaster, Fort Worth, Texas, with a deposit of $376.13.

At the time the account was opened, Robert L. Oswald indicated employment at "Convair".

Thought this was about LHO, didn't you???

Thought perhaps some may find this of interest.

The History Makers

January 25, 1963

Tulane University Admits African American Students.

Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana puts an end to years of segregation when five African American students are admitted. This event marks the nations's first tentative steps to establishe integration.

http://www.thehistorymakers.com/historymak...asp?string=1963

Dallas Ku Klux Klan Chapter Organized Late 1920

http://victorian.fortunecity.com/palact/400/hist1935.htm

Of Particular note is the comment regarding the "steering committee" personnel as well as the comments regarding Robert L. Thornton Sr. and the "Citizens Council" which ran Dallas.

Thomas , I've tried to follow this link but it for now from here is unavailable, do you (or anyone) have this page cached and can post/message/email its text plus if possible images. I'll try again to access it, I hope it has not been pulled. Thank you for taking time to provide these leads. JohnD

Of Particular note is the comment regarding the "steering committee" personnel as well as the comments regarding Robert L. Thornton Sr. and the "Citizens Council" which ran Dallas.

Thomas , I've tried to follow this link but it for now from here is unavailable, do you (or anyone) have this page cached and can post/message/email its text plus if possible images. I'll try again to access it, I hope it has not been pulled. Thank you for taking time to provide these leads. JohnD

Thomas , I found another page searching for hist1935, can you take a

look and see if this is the one you mean?*

http://www.labordallas.org/hist/hist1935.htm

JohnD

edit *I'm sure it is, thank you. Interesting

Edited by John Dolva

My proofreading error! it shoud be: palace

not "palact"

Assuming that everyone is familiar with Chamberlain/Hunt Academy and the fact that LHO & Brothers spent some time there, all research into this school is well worth the effort.

The death of Joseph Jones of Tulane, as provided earlier, certainly was nothing new for the South.

Jeremiah Chamberlain, co-founder of the Presbyterian Chamberlain/Hunt academy was also assassinated in the front of his home due to his anti-slavery philosophy.

Since there will be considerable discussion on Chamberlain/Hunt Academy later on, research into it's history is well worthwhile.

http://chronicles.dickinson.edu/encyclo/c/...amberlainJ.html

http://victorian.fortunecity.com/palace/400/hist1935.htm

Additional information on R.L. Thornton and the Dallas Citizens Council.

http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m2185/7...l/article.jhtml

This one is well worth reading.

New Orleans Times Picayune, Dec 8, 1980

Burke Rites are Tuesday

William P. Burke, retired Central Intelligence Agency officer, died Sunday (7th) at Touro Infirmiary after a brief illness. He was 80.

A native of New Orleans, Mr. Burke was regional director of overt activities in the southeastern states for the Central Intelligence Group, a predecessor of the CIA.

A position he held after World War II until his retirement in 1962.

He was educated at ----------Tulane Law School.

He was admitted to the Louisiana and Federal Bars in 1925 and practiced law in New Orleans until 1943, when he volunteered for the Marine Corps. He served in the Pacific Theater of Operations with the Fourth Marine Division and obtained the rank of lieutenant colonel.

My note: There are 121 Louisiana Confederate soldiers with the last name "Burke"