The Education Forum

Coincedence--or CONSPIRACY?

Now this is funny. I was just thinking about starting a topic called "Coincidence or Conspiracy" when I read the most recently posted comment, by Pat, in the thread:

"Fabulous Article."

Here is what it said:

And the first shots rang out as Kennedy approached the Thornton Freeway sign. Coincidence??

Now, that just HAD to be a coincidence, didn't it, proving that coincidences do indeed happen.

Of course, most of the members of this Forum would agree with me that there are certain events in this case that are not merely co-incidental but are indeed indicative of a conspiracy.

I think it might be interesting, and perhaps helpful, for members to comment on events in the case that they think: a) are surely coincidental (and perhaps would be so agreed by all); :D that are co-incidental although some might think they are conspitorial; or c) are indeed conspiratorial.

I think a discussion of which events some argue are conspiratorial while others are convinced are mere co-incidence may help focus our thinking.

Let me start with an item that is to me quite bizarre but must be merely coincidental (perhaps inspired by George's recent post): the fact that Oswald's friend DeMohrenschildt had once dated Jackie Kennedy's mother. DeMohrenschildt may or may bot be a part of the conspiracy but the fact that a man who was a friend of Kennedy's assassin (or patsy, if that is your opinion) was also a friend of Kennedy's mother-in-law is certainly unusual. But it cannot be related to the assassination, can it?

THAT STUPID HAPPY FACE IS REALLY A "B"!!!

Edited by Tim Gratz

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stephen Turner

The "Wanted for treason" & "Welcome to Dallas" advertisments placed in newspapers. simple coincidence IMHO.

Yeah, Tim...and "Badgeman" is really Diaz, too. ;)

I think a discussion of which events some argue are conspiratorial while others are convinced are mere co-incidence may help focus our thinking.

Hi Tim

I'm sure you are aware of know the supposed list of "uncanny" coincidences between the Lincoln assassination and the Kennedy assassination that has been current since the time of the JFK assassination. You can read it at "Kennedy / Lincoln Coincidence"

One of these is "Booth shot Lincoln in a theatre and ran to a warehouse. Oswald shot Kennedy from a warehouse and ran to a theatre."

But what if it was a set-up for Oswald to go to the theatre to make the eery coincidence with the Lincoln assassination more obvious, or else, perhaps even more significantly, to bring up an even more obvious parallel, the fact that Oswald's apprehension or death by shooting (if it had occurred) at a theatre would parallel gangster John Dillinger's end in a shoot-out Dillinger on July 22, 1934 at the Biograph Theater in Chicago. This might have been intended to set up Oswald in the public mind as a notorious criminal on the same level as Dillinger. See "FBI Famous Cases -- John Dillinger"

Incidentally, another web page takes a more skeptical look at the Kennedy - Lincoln assassination parallels and finds flaws in the well known urban legend. See "Linkin' Kennedy"

All my best

Chris

Edited by Christopher T. George

Now this is funny.  I was just thinking about starting a topic called "Coincidence or Conspiracy" when I read the most recently posted comment, by Pat, in the thread:

"Fabulous Article."

Here is what it said:

And the first shots rang out as Kennedy approached the Thornton Freeway sign. Coincidence??

Now, that just HAD to be a coincidence, didn't it, proving that coincidences do indeed happen.

Of course, most of the members of this Forum would agree with me that there are certain events in this case that are not merely co-incidental but are indeed indicative of a conspiracy. 

I think it might be interesting, and perhaps helpful, for members to comment on events in the case that they think: a) are surely coincidental (and perhaps would be so agreed by all); ;) that are co-incidental although some might think they are conspitorial; or c) are indeed conspiratorial.

Let me start with an item that is to me quite bizarre but must be merely coincidental (perhaps inspired by George's recent post):  the fact that Oswald's friend DeMohrenschildt had once dated Jackie Kennedy's mother.  DeMohrenschildt may or may bot be a part of the conspiracy but the fact that a man who was a friend of Kennedy's assassin (or patsy, if that is your opinion) was also a friend of Kennedy's mother-in-law is certainly unusual.  But it cannot be related to the assassination, can it?

This can be placed into it's proper perspective only when the associations of George DeMohrenschildt while living in New Orleans, LA are understood.

George, due to his somewhat phony title, was accepted into and associated with some of the most prominent families of New Orleans.

Thereafter, he was "known" to be someone in Dallas who could assist LHO.

As presented with LHO's brother, Robert L. Oswald's employment at Convair, there were many connections in Dallas who could have assisted LHO.

I will present another connection related to the early employment of Robert Oswald later on, as well as other direct connections between New Orleans and Dallas.

That none of these known connections were directly utilized and the "outsider" George DeMohrenschildt was, is more indicative that those who promoted LHO did not want him compromising the true connections between New Orleans, LA and Dallas, TX.

Actually, George DeMohrenschildt was the patsy!

Now this is funny.  I was just thinking about starting a topic called "Coincidence or Conspiracy" when I read the most recently posted comment, by Pat, in the thread:

"Fabulous Article."

Here is what it said:

I think it might be interesting, and perhaps helpful, for members to comment on events in the case that they think: a) are surely coincidental (and perhaps would be so agreed by all); ;) that are co-incidental although some might think they are conspitorial; or c) are indeed conspiratorial.

Let me start with an item that is to me quite bizarre but must be merely coincidental (perhaps inspired by George's recent post):  the fact that Oswald's friend DeMohrenschildt had once dated Jackie Kennedy's mother.  DeMohrenschildt may or may bot be a part of the conspiracy but the fact that a man who was a friend of Kennedy's assassin (or patsy, if that is your opinion) was also a friend of Kennedy's mother-in-law is certainly unusual.  But it cannot be related to the assassination, can it?

This can be placed into it's proper perspective only when the associations of George DeMohrenschildt while living in New Orleans, LA are understood.

George, due to his somewhat phony title, was accepted into and associated with some of the most prominent families of New Orleans.

As presented with LHO's brother, Robert L. Oswald's employment at Convair, there were many connections in Dallas who could have assisted LHO.

I will present another connection related to the early employment of Robert Oswald later on, as well as other direct connections between New Orleans and Dallas.

That none of these known connections were directly utilized and the "outsider" George DeMohrenschildt was, is more indicative that those who promoted LHO did not want him compromising the true connections between New Orleans, LA and Dallas, TX.

"Fabulous Article."

Here is what it said:

"Fabulous Article."

Here is what it said:

Hi Mr Purvis

Your posts are interesting and valuable. I am aware that as I believe you said yesterday, you are having computer difficulties... perhaps you are on slow dial-up or something? In any case, I have to tell you that your posts are starting to become annoying with either the repeats of the same message posted multiple times, as just happened in this thread, or even when you post once, all the past posts by others collected to excess in your message before you say something new. Can you go back in and delete some of those quotes of others that appear in post after post of yours, as well as the repeats of your own identical posts? If you can't do it, perhaps John Simkin or someone could. All this is hampering the readability of the forum. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Chris George

Edited by Christopher T. George

Hi Mr Purvis

Your posts are interesting and valuable.  I am aware that as I believe you said yesterday, you are having computer difficulties... perhaps you are on slow dial-up or something?  In any case, I have to tell you that your posts are starting to become annoying with either the repeats of the same message posted multiple times, as just happened in this thread, or even when you post once, all the past posts by others collected to excess in your message before you say something new.  Can you go back in and delete some of those quotes of others that appear in post after post of yours, as well as the repeats of your own identical posts?  If you can't do it, perhaps John Simkin or someone could. All this is hampering the readability of the forum.  Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Chris George

I continue to have problems such as the recent "multiple" posting of the same item.

My computer registered errors during posting attempts, yet they obviously went through.

In this regards, John has my full permission to delete any and/or all of any topics or repetitive postings.

Tom

Hi Mr Purvis

Your posts are interesting and valuable.  I am aware that as I believe you said yesterday, you are having computer difficulties... perhaps you are on slow dial-up or something?  In any case, I have to tell you that your posts are starting to become annoying with either the repeats of the same message posted multiple times, as just happened in this thread, or even when you post once, all the past posts by others collected to excess in your message before you say something new.  Can you go back in and delete some of those quotes of others that appear in post after post of yours, as well as the repeats of your own identical posts?  If you can't do it, perhaps John Simkin or someone could. All this is hampering the readability of the forum.  Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Chris George

I continue to have problems such as the recent "multiple" posting of the same item.

My computer registered errors during posting attempts, yet they obviously went through.

In this regards, John has my full permission to delete any and/or all of any topics or repetitive postings.

Tom

Again, this post registered as not having gone through!

I have to tell you that your posts are starting to become annoying with either the repeats of the same message posted multiple times, as just happened in this thread, or even when you post once, all the past posts by others collected to excess in your message before you say something new.  Can you go back in and delete some of those quotes of others that appear in post after post of yours, as well as the repeats of your own identical posts?

I don't think it's fair to single out Mr. Purvis for quoting past posts of others, no matter how long they are, before saying something new. Posters here are constantly posting long quotations of others that we've already read before saying something. It's annoying, time-consuming, and a waste of bandwidth. I've thought of suggesting that people learn how to delete stuff, but didn't want to sound cantakerous. Now that you've brought it up, I agree it's a problem but don't single out one person for it.

Ron

Chris George

Tom

Again, this post registered as not having gone through!

Thomas, when there is a lot of traffic on my connection here at the moment of posting it seems to me that that is the time when I don't get a confirmation of posting. My firewall usually tells me when its quieted down. (zonealarm has a good free version for any one who doesn't have one, it prevents unwanted intrusions and gives lots of good info to help track same.) Usually a brief wait and check shows whether the post worked. Just in case of over enthusiastic editing I've saved all your posts for future reference. There's a lot there to go through. JohnD

I have to tell you that your posts are starting to become annoying with either the repeats of the same message posted multiple times, as just happened in this thread, or even when you post once, all the past posts by others collected to excess in your message before you say something new.  Can you go back in and delete some of those quotes of others that appear in post after post of yours, as well as the repeats of your own identical posts?

I don't think it's fair to single out Mr. Purvis for quoting past posts of others, no matter how long they are, before saying something new. Posters here are constantly posting long quotations of others that we've already read before saying something. It's annoying, time-consuming, and a waste of bandwidth. I've thought of suggesting that people learn how to delete stuff, but didn't want to sound cantakerous. Now that you've brought it up, I agree it's a problem but don't single out one person for it.

Ron

Rest assured I am open to any suggestions.

Many of the postings made never even went through on the first or even second attempt.

Some, I know, have yet to show up and without digging back through boxes for the information and correlation with what was posted, even I have no idea as to what small piece of information did not make it through.

I therefore hope that John will delete any and/or all that are repetitious.

Tom

Almost the entire Cabinet was out of the country, on one airplane with its White House code book missing, at the time of the assassination. You have a clear choice on this. You can believe it was coincidental (it was, after all, an annually scheduled joint meeting with the Japanese), or you can believe that the assassination was planned to coincide with this scheduled absence (and the missing code book is certainly suspicious). But if you believe that it was not a coincidence, then you know who was behind the assassination. The only reason for conspirators to plan having the Cabinet away, out of the country, would be to facilitate a military coup, should such overt action be necessary. Moreover, who had the power to arrange the timing of a JFK trip in this way?

So if it wasn't a coincidence, what more do you need to know?

Ron