The Education Forum

The First Shot

At times, I suspect that possibly FBI Agent Robert Frazier knows considerably more than he has let us actually know.

With his qualifications and experience, I would find it quite difficult to believe or accept that he is not familiar with how CE#399 actually came to exist.

Edited by Thomas H. Purvis

At times, I suspect that possibly FBI Agent Robert Frazier knows considerably more than he has let us actually know.

With his qualifications and experience, I would find it quite difficult to believe or accept that he is not familiar with how CE#399 actually came to exist.

Somewhere, I have some additional drawings which were made to represent exactly how the end over end inertia of this bullet most probably had some impact on the downward angel of entry into the back of JFK which the autopsy surgeons of course reported as having been 45-degrees to 60-degrees downward.

Somewhere, I have some additional drawings which were made to represent exactly how the end over end inertia of this bullet most probably had some impact on the downward angel of entry into the back of JFK which the autopsy surgeons of course reported as having been 45-degrees to 60-degrees downward.

If recalled, the small lead protrusion which extrudes from the base of a squeezed Carcano bullet, has a round flat base with a diameter of 4.5mm.

Most everyone should also be familiar with the extremely small size of the anterior throat wound of JFK which was repeatedly stated as having been approximately 3-mm to 5mm in size.

The missing fragment in CE840 which had the flat base and progressively tapering to a point is without doubt the protrusion which was extruded out the base of CE399 as a result of the external pressures on this bullet as it passed through the small limb in the live oak tree.

This small protrusion was sheared from the base of the bullet upon impact with the right transverse process of the C7 vertebra and continued on a path to exit out the anterior throat of JFK.

It should be noted that the Time/Life Survey of 11/26/63 places the impact point of the first shot at approximately Z-204 to Z-206.

However, the SS survey and re-enactment of 12/5/63 places this shot at approximately Z-210.

The "jiggle/blur" analysis of blurred frames begins at/around Z-210 and last for three frames.

These frames of the film were of course "inadvertedly" omitted from printing by the WC.

This 3-frame blurring is extremely similar to the similar blurring seen after the impact of the Z-313 headshot in which I believe the blurring begins at approximately Z-318 and last through Z-319.

The elapsed time calculations call for a 5 to 6 frame delay from shot to sound of shot reaching Mr. Zapruder, which appears to hold true for the Z-313 shot.

If utilized for the first shot, and Z-210 is the first blurred frame, then this would place the first shot at/around the Z-204/205 range of the Time?Life survey.

Another point which supports this is the fact that at Z-210, the motorcycle cops in the background of the Z-film have both turned their heads and are looking directly towards JFK at this time.

This can be determined by the "V" shape of the front portions of their helmets.

Additionally, the "crescent/half-moon" outline of the pillbox hat of Jackie also demonstrates that she was looking directly at JFK prior to Z-210.

One can look at the outline of this hat as Jackie comes from behind the sign, and thereafter trace this outline back fully prior to Z-210.

As an additional note on this subject, Gerald Ford and Arlen Specter made a "fumble" when discussing the Z-film and re-enactment with FBI Agent Shaneyfelt.

During this discussion, Agent Shaneyfelt was attempting to explain that there appears to be no reaction of JFK from frames 205 to 210 when he completely disappears from view behind the sign, at Z-210, but this does not mean that the president had not been struck and merely had not reacted.

At this time, the "Who's on First" team of Ford and Specter interjected:

Mr. Specter: When you say reaction time you mean?

Mr. Shaneyfelt: Of the President.

Mr. Specter: Reaction time from 205---.

Mr. Ford: To 210?

Mr. Ford then elicits from Shaneyfelt:

Representative Ford: But there at frame 210, that is the first point at which the marksman had a clear shot after the President passed out from under the tree.

Mr. Shaneyfelt: That is correct.

However, when one goes back and check the testimony of Agent Robert Frazier who also at one time occupied the Sniper Position in the sixth floor window, we find the following:

Mr. Frazier: As to whether or not a limb of the tree may have deflected one shot. However, I think it should be remembvered theat the frame 207 is just as he exits under the tree; from there to frame 225 to where the President shows a reaction is only a matter of 1 second. He is under the tree in frames 166 until frames 207, which is about 2 seconds.

So now, from when Agent Frazier was in the sixth floor window, the Presidential stand-in became visible at frame# 207.

It is not stated as to whether this frame# 207 is or is not the "adjusted position" which was in fact utilized by the WC.

If so, than not unlike the other items of their fraudulent re-enactment, then Z-207 is in reality Z-204 to Z-205.

Everything about the phony re-enactment of the assassination in this area was meant to avoid the tree limbs.

The "jacked up" rifle/firing position which they came up with in the sixth floor window and the usage of a vehicle and stand-in that placed the aiming point 10 inches higher than was JFK at the actual time of the assassination.

All done to create a re-enactment in which tree limbs would not be indicated as having been a problem related to the assassination.

The movement of the road sign is also related to this "positioning" of the JFK stand in farther down Elm St.

And finally, comes the fact, as relayed personally to me by Mr. Robert West that on May 25, 1964, after completion of the WC re-enactment the day before, that Mr. West returned to Dealy Plaza and personally observed members of the WC in the process of cutting and removing the limbs from the top of the live oak tree which is located directly below the sixth floor window in front of the TSDB.

It should be noted that the Time/Life Survey of 11/26/63 places the impact point of the first shot at approximately Z-204 to Z-206.

However, the SS survey and re-enactment of 12/5/63 places this shot at approximately Z-210.

The "jiggle/blur" analysis of blurred frames begins at/around Z-210 and last for three frames.

These frames of the film were of course "inadvertedly" omitted from printing by the WC.

This 3-frame blurring is extremely similar to the similar blurring seen after the impact of the Z-313 headshot in which I believe the blurring begins at approximately Z-318 and last through Z-319.

The elapsed time calculations call for a 5 to 6 frame delay from shot to sound of shot reaching Mr. Zapruder, which appears to hold true for the Z-313 shot.

If utilized for the first shot, and Z-210 is the first blurred frame, then this would place the first shot at/around the Z-204/205 range of the Time?Life survey.

Another point which supports this is the fact that at Z-210, the motorcycle cops in the background of the Z-film have both turned their heads and are looking directly towards JFK at this time.

This can be determined by the "V" shape of the front portions of their helmets.

Additionally, the "crescent/half-moon" outline of the pillbox hat of Jackie also demonstrates that she was looking directly at JFK prior to Z-210.

One can look at the outline of this hat as Jackie comes from behind the sign, and thereafter trace this outline back fully prior to Z-210.

As an additional note on this subject, Gerald Ford and Arlen Specter made a "fumble" when discussing the Z-film and re-enactment with FBI Agent Shaneyfelt.

During this discussion, Agent Shaneyfelt was attempting to explain that there appears to be no reaction of JFK from frames 205 to 210 when he completely disappears from view behind the sign, at Z-210, but this does not mean that the president had not been struck and merely had not reacted.

At this time, the "Who's on First" team of Ford and Specter interjected:

Mr. Specter: When you say reaction time you mean?

Mr. Shaneyfelt: Of the President.

Mr. Specter: Reaction time from 205---.

Mr. Ford: To 210?

Mr. Ford then elicits from Shaneyfelt:

Representative Ford: But there at frame 210, that is the first point at which the marksman had a clear shot after the President passed out from under the tree.

Mr. Shaneyfelt: That is correct.

However, when one goes back and check the testimony of Agent Robert Frazier who also at one time occupied the Sniper Position in the sixth floor window, we find the following:

Mr. Frazier: As to whether or not a limb of the tree may have deflected one shot. However, I think it should be remembvered theat the frame 207 is just as he exits under the tree; from there to frame 225 to where the President shows a reaction is only a matter of 1 second. He is under the tree in frames 166 until frames 207, which is about 2 seconds.

So now, from when Agent Frazier was in the sixth floor window, the Presidential stand-in became visible at frame# 207.

It is not stated as to whether this frame# 207 is or is not the "adjusted position" which was in fact utilized by the WC.

If so, than not unlike the other items of their fraudulent re-enactment, then Z-207 is in reality Z-204 to Z-205.

Everything about the phony re-enactment of the assassination in this area was meant to avoid the tree limbs.

The "jacked up" rifle/firing position which they came up with in the sixth floor window and the usage of a vehicle and stand-in that placed the aiming point 10 inches higher than was JFK at the actual time of the assassination.

All done to create a re-enactment in which tree limbs would not be indicated as having been a problem related to the assassination.

The movement of the road sign is also related to this "positioning" of the JFK stand in farther down Elm St.

And finally, comes the fact, as relayed personally to me by Mr. Robert West that on May 25, 1964, after completion of the WC re-enactment the day before, that Mr. West returned to Dealy Plaza and personally observed members of the WC in the process of cutting and removing the limbs from the top of the live oak tree which is located directly below the sixth floor window in front of the TSDB.

Backwound-4

Found this photo of an exit wound created with a wcc 6.5mm Carcano bullet.

This was one of the photo's sent to Dr. Perry when I asked his opinion as to which of the submitted photo's most closely matched the exit wound which JFK had in the anterior throat/neck.

Had the wound in the throat of JFK appeared like this, I am quite certain that Dr. Perry as well as the others present at Parkland would not have described the wound as being small and only 3-5mm in size, as well as having no doubt that it was an exit wound.

There still remains a conflict in the timing of the first shot which has not been completely resolved.

This conflict is related to the different locations for the first shot as demonstrated in the Time/Life survey of 11/26/63 as compared with the U.S. Secret Service Survey work of 12/5/63.

The Time/Life survey does not give a frame number for the film, and merely provides distances and elevations on Elm St. for the impact point.

This location plots to approximately Z-204 to Z-206, or for simplicity, approximately Z-205.

Under normal conditions, the speed of sound for this shot should have reached the Zapruder position in approximately 5 to 6 elapsed frames of the Z-film, from time of impact of shot until sound reached Zapruder.

This appears to hold true in the beginning of the "jiggle/blur" as seen beginning at frame# 209 and continueing through frames# 210 and #211.

(Note: Beginning at Z-318 after the Z-313 head shot impact, there is also a 3-frame similar blur/jiggle by Mr. Zapruder)(With slightly in excess of 1-Z frame time of bullet flight, this would place the shot to blur as closer to 6-frames)

The U.S. Secret Service, during their re-enactment on December 5, 1963, placed the impact location for the first shot as having been at approximately Z-208/210.

(Z-209 for simplicity)

Therefore, we have a 4-frame difference between the two survey works.

Since Time/Life was in possession of the original Z-film, and the US Secret Service was in possession of a first generation copy of the film, one would tend to lean toward the Time/Life Survey as having been more accurate.

However, there appears to be an answer to this discreapancy.

This answer lies in the calculated time of flight of the actual bullet.

Under normal circumstances, this would be approximately 2,000 feet per second, and with the first shot being approximately 156 feet from window to target, this would calculate to a time of flight of approximately .078 seconds, or 1.427 elapsed frames of the Z-film.

However, under the assumption that CE399 struck a limb of the live oak tree, the velocity of this bullet would have been greatly diminished after exiting the limb.

The center of the small live oak tree that is directly in front of the TSDB is approximately one-half the distance between the sixth floor window and the point at which Time/Life plotted the first shot impact point.

Based on this, the bullet travelled approximately 78 feet at it's normal 2,000fps velocity, which equates to 0.039 seconds, or 0.71 elapsed frames of the Z-film.

With an approximated 500 fps velocity after exit of the tree limb, the bullet would have taken approximately 0.156 seconds time of flight, or 2.854 elapsed frames of the Z-film from tree limb to impact.

(2.854 + .71 = 3.564 elapsed frames)

Therefore, with this longer time of flight than what would be normal, due to impact with the tree limb and thereby slowed velocity, the bullet would not have actually struck JFK untill some 3 to 5 frames after shot fired.

With this, the answer to why Time/Life claimed approximately Z-204/206, and the US Secret Service claimed Z-208/210 may be better understood.

It would appear that Time/Life, for some reason was utilizing the demonstrated calculations of the "Jiggle/Blur" analysis as there basis for working backwards from the first blurred frame at Z-209.

In subtracting 5-frames from this, as demonstrated by the Z-313 headshot, this would place the shot at approximately Z-204.

However, it would appear that the US Secret Service utilized the actual observable physical reaction of JFK to the shot.

With a Z-204 shot as calculated by Time/Life, plus the approximate 4-frame (delayed) time of flight of the bullet, this would place impact at approximately Z-208, with potential reaction by Z-210.

It is also of note as to how the WC utilized their "adjusted position" survey work, and this would have appear to have some bearing on the first shot time of flight as well.

Under the general assumption that the assassin was aiming at the head of JFK, the longer/delayed time of flight also meant that the Presidential Limousine had time to travel several additional feet farther down Elm St.

Therefore, after CE399 exited the limb of the live oak tree, and by some strange fate continued on an almost straight trajectory, the head of JFK had now moved forward/farther down the street and his back was now in the gun to target alignment.

Thus the entry into the back as opposed to the head for the first shot.

There still remains a conflict in the timing of the first shot which has not been completely resolved.

This conflict is related to the different locations for the first shot as demonstrated in the Time/Life survey of 11/26/63 as compared with the U.S. Secret Service Survey work of 12/5/63.

The Time/Life survey does not give a frame number for the film, and merely provides distances and elevations on Elm St. for the impact point.

This location plots to approximately Z-204 to Z-206, or for simplicity, approximately Z-205.

Under normal conditions, the speed of sound for this shot should have reached the Zapruder position in approximately 5 to 6 elapsed frames of the Z-film, from time of impact of shot until sound reached Zapruder.

This appears to hold true in the beginning of the "jiggle/blur" as seen beginning at frame# 209 and continueing through frames# 210 and #211.

(Note: Beginning at Z-318 after the Z-313 head shot impact, there is also a 3-frame similar blur/jiggle by Mr. Zapruder)(With slightly in excess of 1-Z frame time of bullet flight, this would place the shot to blur as closer to 6-frames)

The U.S. Secret Service, during their re-enactment on December 5, 1963, placed the impact location for the first shot as having been at approximately Z-208/210.

(Z-209 for simplicity)

Since Time/Life was in possession of the original Z-film, and the US Secret Service was in possession of a first generation copy of the film, one would tend to lean toward the Time/Life Survey as having been more accurate.

Under normal circumstances, this would be approximately 2,000 feet per second, and with the first shot being approximately 156 feet from window to target, this would calculate to a time of flight of approximately .078 seconds, or 1.427 elapsed frames of the Z-film.

However, under the assumption that CE399 struck a limb of the live oak tree, the velocity of this bullet would have been greatly diminished after exiting the limb.

The center of the small live oak tree that is directly in front of the TSDB is approximately one-half the distance between the sixth floor window and the point at which Time/Life plotted the first shot impact point.

Based on this, the bullet travelled approximately 78 feet at it's normal 2,000fps velocity, which equates to 0.039 seconds, or 0.71 elapsed frames of the Z-film.

With an approximated 500 fps velocity after exit of the tree limb, the bullet would have taken approximately 0.156 seconds time of flight, or 2.854 elapsed frames of the Z-film from tree limb to impact.

Therefore, with this longer time of flight than what would be normal, due to impact with the tree limb and thereby slowed velocity, the bullet would not have actually struck JFK untill some 3 to 5 frames after shot fired.

With this, the answer to why Time/Life claimed approximately Z-204/206, and the US Secret Service claimed Z-208/210 may be better understood.

It would appear that Time/Life, for some reason was utilizing the demonstrated calculations of the "Jiggle/Blur" analysis as there basis for working backwards from the first blurred frame at Z-209.

In subtracting 5-frames from this, as demonstrated by the Z-313 headshot, this would place the shot at approximately Z-204.

However, it would appear that the US Secret Service utilized the actual observable physical reaction of JFK to the shot.

With a Z-204 shot as calculated by Time/Life, plus the approximate 4-frame (delayed) time of flight of the bullet, this would place impact at approximately Z-208, with potential reaction by Z-210.

It is also of note as to how the WC utilized their "adjusted position" survey work, and this would have appear to have some bearing on the first shot time of flight as well.

Under the general assumption that the assassin was aiming at the head of JFK, the longer/delayed time of flight also meant that the Presidential Limousine had time to travel several additional feet farther down Elm St.

Therefore, after CE399 exited the limb of the live oak tree, and by some strange fate continued on an almost straight trajectory, the head of JFK had now moved forward/farther down the street and his back was now in the gun to target alignment.

(Z-209 for simplicity)

(Z-209 for simplicity)